- 8+ years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including designing, developing and testing Java/J2EE web based Applications
- Expertise in design and development of J2EE applications using Core Java, Java collection, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Enterprise Java Beans, XML, XSLT, Java Beans, Struts, J Query.
- Expertise in various open source frameworks like Struts1.2/2.0 with ORM Technology like Hibernate 3.0.
- Good experience in working with different modules of Spring Framework 2.5/3.0 particularly Injection of Control (IOC) and Aspect Oriented programming (AOP).
- Experience with multiple Servers like Apache Tomcat, J boss, BEA Web logic and IBM Web Sphere.
- Strong working knowledge of Core design patterns like Command, Strategy, Bridge, Singleton and J2EE design patterns like MVC,DAO, Session Facade, Service Locator, Business Delegate and Front controller.
- Experience in using Web Services like JAXP - DOM, SAX, XSLT, JAXB, SOAP protocol in JAXWS and REST web services.
- Experience in database design, PL/SQL, Queries, Triggers, DB2 Client, O/R Mapping, Hibernate and JPA.
- Experienced in generating logging by Log4j to identify the errors in production test environment and experienced in build tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experience in various AGLIE, RUP methodologies like Test Driven Development (TTD), SCRUM, and Pair Programming.
- Implemented rich web applications using AJAX.
- Expertise with relational databases including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and MYSQL.
- Proficiency and experience in Oracle OSB and Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1.
- Having strong emphasis on business requirements analysis, modeling (UML), designing solutions and implementation.
- Wrote comprehensive test plans for unit and functional testing and automated using J unit.
- Experience in using various Configuration Management tools like Clear Case, SVN and CVS.
- Experience in manufacturing, financial, healthcare & insurance domains.
- Expertise in Production Support and monitoring the production activities and fixing the production issues and taking up the warranties and finally ensuring the application is running stable in the client environments
- Excellent Analytical, interpersonal, Presentations and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication Skills, exceptional problem solving, strong programming abilities and a keen client needs assessment aptitude
Languages: C, C++ and Java.
Database Query Language: HQL, SQL.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, STRUTS Framework, EJB 2.0, EJB 3.0, Hibernate, Java Beans and JDBC.
Web Technologies: XML, DOM, CSS, EXT-JS, J Query, Angular JS, NODEJS
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, and Hibernate.
Application/Web servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM Web sphere, BEA Web logic Server and JBOSS.
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MYSQL, and DB2
IDE Tools: Eclipse, RAD, Net Beans
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/NT/XP, and UNIX, Linux
Tools: and Utilities: SQL Navigator, SQL Loader, Rational Rose, CVS, Maven, J UnitLog4j, ANT, Macro media tool, Microsoft Visio.
Confidential, Miami, FL
Sr. Java Developer
- Interacted with the business users to gather requirements and provided high-level design with Sequential and State-chart diagrams
- Evaluated and provided alternate technical architectures for the business problem in web based J2EE environment on Client-Server Application (Multi-tier Architecture) using UML
- Built a custom J2EE framework using java, servlets
- Implemented AJAX for cross-browser compatibility
- Followed Agile Development and consistently delivered new features on time during Sprints
- Used Sub Version for version management
- Communicated updates in daily Scrum meetings using JIRA Software
- Developed web pages using Content Management System(JAHIA)
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
- Interacted with the business users to gather requirements and provided high-level design with Sequential and State-chart diagrams.
- Evaluated and provided alternate technical architectures for the business problem in web based J2EE environment on Client-Server Application (Multi-tier Architecture) using UML.
- Built a custom J2EE framework using Core Java (Inheritance, Composition, Arrays, Collections), Java, Servlets, JSP, HTML, CSS, JQuery, KnockoutJS, AngularJS and IBM DB2 in RAD IDE.
- Implemented MVC architecture using Spring framework using JSPs as GUI development and Model as Persistence layer using DB2.
- Implemented AJAX for cross-browser compatibility.
- Worked on Asynchronous messaging system by implementing JMS through Point-Point architecture based on MQ-Series (Queue).
- Implemented Web-Services for data exchange between front-end, provisioning and two different portals
- Involved in publishing and consuming the web-service calls through Client invocation.
- Web-services have been published by generating WSDL files through EJBs using RESTful web services.
- Used WebSphere Application Server for application deployment in the clustered UNIX environment.
- Reviewed the XML logical data model and developed XML schema(XSD) to validate the model and used JAX-B for XML-Java Mapping
- Involved in pre-testing the Web-Service calls with REST UI using end-points.
- Coordinated Unit (JUnit), Integration and User Acceptance Testing and developed test cases for bean components.
- Used SubVersion for maintaining the component and for release and version management and JIRA for bug tracking.
- Involved in Production support and provided training and knowledge transfer to the user.
- Following Agile software methodology for project development.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Back-end Java Developer Consultant
- Designed inventory control system to automate sales order fulfillment processes, designed a system to list orders to be filled and other inter-related aspects of inventory control.
- Description: Confidential of Illinois is best known for its managed care and traditional indemnity plans for individuals and employers the cornerstone of national health care business.
- Developed a prototype of the application and demonstrated to business users to verify the application functionality.
- Developed and implemented the MVC Architectural Pattern using Spring Framework including JSP, Servlets, EJB, Form Bean and Action classes.
- Implemented Struts Validation Framework for Server side validation.
- Implemented Struts Action classes using Struts controller component.
- Developed Web services (SOAP) through WSDL in Glassfish to interact with other components.
- Integrated Spring DAO for data access using Hibernate used HQL and SQL for querying databases.
- Implemented EJBs Session beans for business logic.
- Used parsers like SAX and DOM for parsing xml documents and used XML transformations using XSLT.
- Written stored procedures, triggers, and cursors using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Written JUnit Test cases for performing unit testing.
- Worked with QA team for testing and resolving defects.
- Used ANT automated build scripts to compile and package the application.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Java Developer
- Successfully migrated from legacy PowerBuilder to a Java based web application.
- Closely involved in developing technical specifications and workflow.
- Used JSF for maintaining web views.
- Implemented Managed Beans, and DAO objects.
- Used Multithreading to keep shared resources thread safe.
- Extensively used Core Java and Data Structures in business layer classes.
- Setup data sources for WebSphere App server.
- Improved application by implementing better HTTP Session management.
- Used Spring JDBC template to access database table using DAO objects.
- Modified spring config.xml for bean dependency injection & auto wiring.
- Implemented batch load to load personnel information
- Extensively used OSGi Declarative services to define and consume services
- Integrated Golden Gate with JMS to publish messages.
- Used Apache Karaf for developing OSGi Bundles/Components.
- Developed various OSGi declarative services.
- Used Java Messaging Service (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous communication.
- Developed both JMS providers and clients.
- Developed UI components using jQuery.
- Implemented different algorithm using data Structures.
- Designed and implemented Reliability Mechanisms for JMS messages.
- Performed extensive unit, integration and system testing.
Environment: Java 1.7, J2EE, JSF, Ice Faces, Spring JDBC, Ajax, Websphere Application Server, RAD, SQL, Oracle 10g, XML, Unix, Golden Gate, OSGi, Apache Karaf, REST, Java Beans, JMS, MQ Series, Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest
- Involved in gathering requirements, Analysis, Design, Development and testing of the entire Application.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Created UML diagrams like class diagrams and activity diagrams using the Rational Rose.
- Used Eclipse as IDE tool to develop the application and JIRA for bug and issue tracking.
- Designed and Developed the presentation layer using AJAX for RUI(Rich User Interface).
- Developed the presentation tier of the application using Struts framework and MVC design pattern.
- Configured the Hibernate ORM framework as persistence layer for the backend by using hibernate.confg.xml
- Designed and developed DAO’s for accessing the POJO’s and updating the DB tables using the POJO’s, Java Collections, and Synchronization etc.
- Used Hibernate object relation mappings (ORM) for the database operations on MySQL.
- Developed and modified the stored procedures, the DAO (Data Access Objects) and VO (value Object) classes for separating the Data Access logic and business logic.
- Extensively participated in application integration. Spring is used to integrate Struts and Hibernate. Implemented interceptors for Spring and Hibernate.
- Used Ant as build tool for building and deploying it into Weblogic Server. Ant scripts are used for automating build process.
- Developed and execute unit tests and test suites for product components using JUnit Testing Used.