- Around 6 years of experience in Mobile and Web application development with Android/ Java.
- Solid experience in building mobile applications using Android frameworks.
- Experience in Android development creating tablet and phone interfaces and usage of SDK versions 2.1 - 4.4.
- Experience in Java development using JSF, JSP, MVC, and JDBC. Developed Web Services and inter process communication applications using Java SOAP Framework, JSON and REST API’s.
- Worked with Activities, Fragments, Android Binding, Android Framework, AsyncTask, Intent Services, Broadcast Receiver, MediaPlayer, SoundPool, Location Manager, Push Notification and Adapters.
- Extensive knowledge in designing front end applications, accessing SQL database, application layer protocols, and XML.
- Experience in configuring custom ROMs, as aosp project.
- Highly experienced in executing unit and sanity test cases for the multimedia component.
- Used SQLlite to insert, delete and update the android database.
- Experience in Architecture Design, Development and Implementation, Troubleshooting and Debugging, Testing of Software Applications.
- Experience with MVC, MVP, MVVM, VP Design Patterns.
- Developed applications from scratch and experience publishing them to the store.
- Experience with source code control management like subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience with working on cross-platforms Phone Gap and Ionic.
- Provided online website integration through REST/JSON APIs. Experience integrating with cloud storage including Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud.
- Extensively worked on memory leaks, push notifications, Gradle.
- Worked on different SDKs 23, 24, 25…
- Experience with designing and developing web Applications using Java/J2EE.
- Experience in architecture design, development and implementation of software applications, TDD (Test Driven Development) test cases and testing.
- Experience in Building, Installing, publishing apks
- Knowledge on Kotlin
- Proficient in common Android framework API’s (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Implemented RESTFUL API calls to communicate with server using RactiveX, REST API, Volley, Retrofit, Picasso sdks- Google Analytics, Flurry.
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Android studio, NetBeans, Visual studio.
Tools: Fiddler, ADB (Android), Gradle, ANT, Wireshark, ADT, Systrace, Trace View, Logcat, Ole Viewer, Charles
Database Technologies: Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, SQLite
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML, CSS, DOM, DHTML
Java Technologies: Web Services (JSON and SOAP), Hibernate, Spring, Threads, Generics, Collections API, TCP/IP sockets, Apache Maven, RMI, JDBC, JNDI.
Software Packages: MS Office 2010, MS Visio, MS Front Page.
Sub: Version (SVN), Clear Case, CVS/PVS and VSS (Visual Source Safe)
Apache Axis, SOAP, WSDL, REST, JAX: RS, JAX-WS
Knowledge Base: Test Driven Development, OOP, Agile development and testing, Scrum Master, Unit Testing
Sr. Android Developer
- Documented the requirements and thereby analyzed and involved in design, code.
- Involved in code reviews, daily scrum, bi-weekly sprint meeting.
- Fixed bugs with code, design patterns and miscellaneous occurrences during projects.
- Responsible for the design, build, deployment, debug & maintenance of Android applications for Google play.
- Extensively utilized fragments and dynamically generated lists using custom adapters from APIs.
- Used Picasso library for smooth loading of images.
- Consumed REST Web Services and parsed the JSON data using the third-party library GSON.
- Managed data using SQLite, SQL Helpers as well as Raw Queries to do database management.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all use permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Built compatibility with Android version 2.2 (API 8) to latest version.
- Aided with all user input and touch screen services.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Inserted suitable code to capture the various button and text field events and implemented the desired action for each of widgets.
- Tested the application on multiple android targets and debugged the issues that were found.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest Outage.
- Used Async adapters to load changed data from server and to send modified data to server from app.
- Tracked issues using JIRA, updated status on the tasks using the common platform Base camp.
- Used Source Tree for version control and Rally for sprint tracking.
- Performed instrumented test case on UI using espresso.
- Performed instrumented test case using mock objects using Mockito.
- Utilized retrofit to work with JSON and XML data.
- Performed CRUD operations using retrofit.
- Worked on generating key and key store, configured build process to automatically sign app.
- Utilized python with Appium in lettuce framework to test on internal network and queuing tests.
- Applied rules using progaurd on different activities.
- Responsible for building out the static UI, added the dynamic attributes to large application.
- Created custom Push Notification, Restful and interaction using React-native-camera.
- Built feature for 100000 users through React Navigation, implemented React Native alert dialog
- Refactored error message handling design by implementing React Native alert dialog.
- Managed Gradle script to include different Dependencies and build version.
- Enabled building multiple APKs, and excluding different screen sizes
- Subscribed to observables using RxJava in retrofit.
- Performed Unit Testing and interacted with QA for testing.
- Injected shared Preference using dagger.
Environment: REST Web Services, JSON, XML, Gradle, JUNIT, Java, SQLite, JSP, Android SDK, Eclipse ADT, GitHub, JIRA, Picasso, SQLite, Python, Source Tree, Mockito, Espresso, Pro Guard, React Native.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Used Multi-threading to implement parallel processing.
- Worked in Agile environment and participate in different phases of the project cycle like design and development.
- Used GPS services to get the exact location.
- REST web service interaction utilizing OAUTH authentication and JSON
- Worked closely with another mobile app developer, leading the other platform development.
- Used Android SDK 6.1 (Software Development Kit), Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment), Dalvik Debug Monitor Server, Android Virtual Device, and Android Debug Bridge for development and debugging tool.
- Involved in the redesign of front end of web-site.
- Used design pattern like singleton and adapter.
- Used version control GIT.
- Worked on Frameworks like Urban Airship, Crashlytics, ILD library Integrations.
Environment: Android SDK, Android API 23, Android Studio 2.5, Java JDK 1.7.x, SQLite, Google Maps API, Custom views, Compound views, Git, RESTful, and JSON.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked on the different phases of the development cycle. Expanding the existing design, development of new features, testing and deployment.
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio.
- Created a pop-up notification for alerting users.
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data.
- Designed the Custom Action bar, Custom Progress bar while making service calls.
- Implemented material design concepts like Recycler View, Card View and Toolbar.
- Worked on long running operations using multithreading concepts like AsyncTask, Services and threads.
- Worked on Android Marshmallow permissions.
- Worked with Application Activity Lifecycle callbacks for providing the security and showing the login screen when the app goes to background.
- Used shared preferences to store and retrieve persistent key value pairs across user sessions.
- Implemented the Google Map's using Google Android location-based API to show the nearby ATMs in a specific location.
- Test and error logging on different versions and devices of Android. Debugging them in the very first phase of development. Making app crash proof. And implemented an error reporting system for future development support.
- Experience in XML parsing on client side using JSON, implemented DOM-based implementation of feed parser.
- Used GIT for branching and merging new features of app and JIRA for project management.
- Responsible for adding the update module for checking the latest version of app.
- Used Agile and Scrum methodologies for project implementation.
- Worked closely with QA team with fixing bugs and performance issue.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, Eclipse, Java, SQLite, XML, HTML.
Java Application Developer
- Developed technical specifications for various back end modules from business requirements. Specifications are done according to standard specification formats.
- Experience in EJB, create new as well as modified the existing as per requirement.
- Developed back end interfaces using Business Delegates and Data Access Objects (DAO) for interacting with Informix.
- Used EJB QL for retrieving data.
- Utilized Java Mail service to communicate between GEMA and Non GEMA application.
- Responsible for SQL tuning and optimization using Analyze, Explain Plan, TKPROF utility and optimizer hints.
- Suggested and converted several existing UI for better user interaction.
- Has developed JSP’s as part of UI layer.
- Was involved in unit testing and System testing for new Requirements.
- Involved in communication with Business people for clarification on Business Requirements.
- Has developed test cases for business functionalities.
Environment: Java, J2ee, Hp-UX 11i, Web logic 6, MySQL, Windows XP, UNIX.