- 7+ years of experience as Software Developer , combining around 4+ years in Designing & Development of Android Applications for Smart Phone & Tablet using Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Android Studio, Java, XML, JSON .
- Experience in each phase of software development life cycle like requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of Software Applications .
- Strong Knowledge in Waterfall, Agile / Scrum, TDD, BDD software development models .
- Good understanding in Android OS, interactive application development and memory management and also worked on Linux kernel level .
- Extensively worked on almost every stage of application development right from collecting requirements, providing guidelines for design, creating application architecture, implementation that includes various stages in development, QA, code signing and releasing to Market .
- Extensively working with implementing native libraries in Android SDK , Android NDK and Eclipse IDE along with Android ADT plug - in .
- Proficient in Working with different Android frameworks ( Bluetooth, Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps ).
- Good Experience in working with Async task , Threads and Services in Android .
- Experience working with MVC ( Model View Controller ) and MVP ( Model view Presenter ), MVVM (Model View View Model) design patterns .
- Experience in developing elegant user interfaces with rich features .
- Experience in delivering products using object - oriented software engineering .
- Good understanding of Android Back - end and UI guidelines .
- Hands - on experience on memory leaks , push notifications , multiple screen support , data offline usage , audio features, video features, graphic design and animation .
- In - depth Knowledge on Android basic components i . e . Activity, Fragment, Service, Broadcast Receiver and Content Provider .
- Experience working with Rxjava library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs.
- Good Experience and knowledge in working with different Databases like SQLite, Realm, Oracle, MySql.
- Expertise in Android UI toolkit ( basic / picker / list views, adapters, dialogs, menus ) and Layout Managers .
- Knowledge on Firebase Android in implementing for Real - time Database, Analytics, Cloud Messaging, Storage and Remote Config .
- Experience in Kotlin Programming Language .
- Have experience and knowledge regarding web services like RESTful, SOAP to fetch the data and parse JSON response to front-end UI using GSON.
- Experience in developing applications using third-party libraries Retrofit, Volley, Picasso, Active Android, Butter Knife, Event Bus.
- Experience in using Crashlytics and Fabrics which help in crash reporting and experience in Android performance profilers which helps to measure the application performance .
- Experience in testing the application on device and simulator as well and writing JUnit test cases using Mockito, Espresso, Robotium for Android applications.
- Experience in web service protocols and architecture such as REST, SOAP, HTTP, and XML.
- Implemented Several Android Applications using Google Maps API, Geocoder API .
- Used different version control systems like Bitbucket , SVN and GIT .
- Proficient in Internet Application Programming using technologies like Core Java, Struts, Spring, Web Services Restful and SOAP, Hibernate, EJB, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, RMI, RDBMS, JNDI .
- Solid Understanding in Core Java concepts like Collections, Multi - Threading, Socket - Programming and Exception handling .
- Good understanding and knowledge in CI/ CD tool Jenkins.
- Experience in localizing the application to support multiple languages .
- Knowledge of scripting in UNIX / LINUX, XML, XSLT, XML Schema .
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem - solving skills, passionate to learn new skills and technologies .
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Android Programming, Kotlin.
Android Frameworks: Android Service, Google Analytics, App restrictions for EMM providers, Google Maps, Activity Manager, Resource Manager, Content Providers.
IDE s: Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, Intellij IDEA.
Database s: SQLite, My-SQL, Oracle, MS-SQL
Version Control Systems: GIT, BitBucket, SVN.
Design Patterns/ Frameworks: MVC, MVP, MVVM
Java/ J2EE Technologies: J2ME, JDBC, Servlets, Spring, Struts, Hibernate
Testing & Debugging Tools: JUnit, Espresso, Robotium, Mockito, DDMS and Logcat.
Web Service Frameworks: REST, SOAP, WSDL, JAX-RS, JAX-WS.
Other Tools and Technologies: Multimedia, Bluetooth sensors, Cordova, React Native, AWS mobile, Retrofit, Picasso, Butter Knife, EventBus. RxJava, Jenkins.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Senior Android Developer
- Coordinated in every phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), starting from Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Building, Deployment and Product Support.
- Created different layouts for better user experience and provided business solutions. Developed the application to adapt the various resolutions based on the device.
- Worked in providing permissions for location, camera and USB storage whenever needed.
- Designed SQLite database for the application i.e., Managed Object model.
- Designed UI view using a Tab Bar Controller, UI WebView, Table View Controller, Fragment Manager and Split View Controller for the Corresponding tabs.
- Extensively used Android UI Framework tools and components.
- Implemented Retrofit to consume RESTful Web services to parse Real-time data and new items.
- Used Butter knife to bind the views.
- Used Google nearby API to achieve the video synchronization among all the demo devices.
- Used google Firebase for Cloud storage, Cloud Functions and implemented Firebase Cloud Messaging for push notifications.
- Worked on Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) to connect among multiple devices for smooth Near Field Communication (NFC) for embedded support systems.
- Worked on Audio and Video driver development using JNI and android.media API.
- Developed and designed HMI for AM/ FM application for Android play on infotainment systems .
- Implemented ‘Store Locate’ feature to find nearest store, by considering the location of the user using Google Maps API.
- Used GSON Library to deserialize the JSON information.
- Used Event Bus to simplify the communication between different components like activities, fragments, threads and services.
- Handled Multi-Threading using handlers, Loopers and Async task.
- Work on large complex existing codebase in latest Android SDK, Android Studio using APIs, MVP and dependency injection design concepts.
- Tested the app across different versions of Android and different android phones to assure quality and performance.
- Implemented MVP, Dagger, RxJava and Retrofit in the project.
- Involved in pair programming to deliver the efficient and bug free code.
- Identifying Critical/Crash/Hidden defects in applications using mobile apps and Ability to give suggestions for a quick fix by analyzing logs.
- Integrated search widgets to perform search through their collections, load recent search and supports voice-based search.
- Developed generic libraries for downloading images and other resource using Async task handlers.
- Developed utility classes to handle Validations of user information using regex functions and other common app functionalities.
- Worked on writing Android Interface Definition Language (AIDL) to establish and make communication between the client and service.
- Used GitLab for version control and Jira for bug tracking.
Environment: Android, Android Studio IDE, Windows, Java, JDK, Dagger, RxJava, GPS, Google Maps API V2, REST, NDK, JUnit, Jira, Logcat, DDMS, Retrofit, Butter Knife, XML, Espresso, JSON, SQLite, GIT.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Senior Android Developer
- Involved in application Android development, defect validation, deployment and production maintenance .
- Developed the Mobile Agent application using Android Studio and Android SDK package.
- Collaborating with designers on a regular basis to implement the best Android user experience possible.
- Refactoring the application using MVP Design Pattern, used Dagger for Dependency Injection , for creating instances for entire application.
- Worked on migrating java code to Kotlin and used Kotlin programming in Android studio with autocomplete, lint checker, refactoring, debugging.
- Designed the User Interface according to the requirements using UI Groups, UI components .
- Worked with Google Maps Android API V2 to display the nearby bank locations based on user geolocation.
- Developed user-friendly User interfaces using widgets like Menus, Dialogs, Buttons, Edit Boxes and selection widgets like view and scroll as per client needs.
- Registered the Broadcast Receivers for the Android system announcements.
- Integrated camera for capturing images of the card and other documents.
- Integrated ZXing Library to scan the barcode and display barcode image .
- Designed the Custom Dialog, using the Fragment Activity .
- Designed the Custom Action bar , Custom Progress bar while making service calls.
- Spearheaded creation of four new information-security departments: Risk assessment, vulnerability, penetration testing and security engineering services.
- Enabled digital content using digital rights management.
- Implemented capturing the screenshot of the payment screen, Bitmap to PDF conversion features using Android NDK.
- Making the Restful Service calls at the various stages of the app development cycle and parsing the JSON responses back from the web servers according to the application requirement.
- Implemented feature for sharing offer using Mail, Facebook, Twitter, push notifications, and other social networking sites
- Created a local database using SQLite to store and retrieve the data.
- Implemented GIT for code management and JIRA for bug tracking and project management.
- Developed detailed test plan and test summary documents that outlined the tests to be performed for the given requirements and the results of these tests.
- Worked with Application Activity Lifecycle call-backs for providing the security and showing the login screen when the app goes to background.
- Implemented UI using Cordova .
- Assisted in creating an analysis and reports.
- Summarized in client discovery sessions.
- Updated the app with new features like push notifications .
- Responsible for adding the update module for checking the latest version of the app.
- Used third party libraries like Retrofit for providing powerful framework for authenticating and interacting with API’s and sending network requests, Butter Knife used to inject views.
- Extensively worked on designing the layouts to compatible with screens with different resolutions.
- Used ADB logcat and DDMS tools for testing and debugging purposes. Used Espresso and Junit tools for testing.
- Responsible for testing the application in the stage, code review fixing the bugs and providing post-production support.
Environment: Android, Android Studio IDE, Windows, Java, Kotlin, JDK, Dagger, GPS, Google Maps API V2, REST, CORDOVA, NDK, JUnit, Jira, Logcat, DDMS, Retrofit, Butter Knife, XML, Espresso, APN, JSON, SQLite, GIT.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development.
- Written application logic using Android Studio and followed TDD approach in developing the application.
- Handling JSON data using efficient parsing techniques such as GSON and Parcelable .
- Constructing http requests, fetching server response and parsing feeds wherever required.
- Involved in development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and worked on Android Frameworks such as Notifications and Location in developing the application.
- Used sliding side menu library for easy navigation through the app and Used AOSP for development of application with middle ware.
- Responsible for design of user interface using custom layouts and different form of widgets.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Used services, Async tasks and Alert Notification API to implement parking status reminder into the mobile app.
- Used Google Firebase for creating customized notifications.
- Used Android content providers for implementing features like sharing using Facebook, Email, Twitter, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Worked extensively on local data storage using Shared Preferences, SQLite databases, and File system.
- Used Parceler for passing Parcelable objects between various components of the app.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls for finding out the store and navigation details to the store.
- Integrating RESTful API services with Basic Authentication process and worked with unit testing and automation testing with the help of Mockito, Robotium, Espresso and Robolectric frameworks.
- Involved in working with Location Manager and Restful Web service with JSON and also used Dagger for dependency injection and worked on Linux kernel which helps the applications to communicate with the hardware.
- Integrated crashlytics based app distribution.
- Integrated Push Notifications (GCM) to notify user about new in-stock apparels and worked on CTS test cases to ensure that the applications support the google standards.
- Used ProGuard for code shrinking, optimizing, and obfuscating the remaining classes, fields, and methods with short names. This helped in preventing the APK from reverse engineering.
- Worked on memory leaks using DDMS and Leak Canary.
- Used GIT for version control and followed Agile with JIRA for implementing this project.
Environment: Android SDK, SQLite, Core Java, Android studio IDE, Android API's, ADT plug-in, Location Manager, JDK, JNI, XML, JSON, GSON, REST services, GPS service, BitBucket, Log cat, Junit, Mockito, Espresso, Dagger.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Implemented offline functionality for a shopping list to display the message. If the user is offline and hasn't been shown the message that day, display the message.
- Fixed the bugs identified by the QA testing team.
- Worked in an Agile based environment and finished all the tasks assigned in each sprint.
- Tracked issues using JIRA .
- Contributed in code refactoring, code optimization .
- Refactoring the application using dagger .
- Discussed and provided suggestions on usability, suitability, and improvements in interface design .
- Worked on the backend database and integrated with JDBC to retrieve Data Access Objects .
- Involved in writing SQL queries, PL SQL-Stored Procedures , functions, cursors, triggers, indexes, sequences etc.
- Involved in fixing QA defects and tracked them using QC.
- Implemented Web views component to load HTML5 based flashcard pages.
- Facilitating local data storage using SQLite for user preferences and progress.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app to multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Worked with an offshore team and took part in meeting every day to keep track of different tasks or to add a new task for a story.
- Used GitHub as project version controller.
- Tracked the bugs using HockeyApp crash reports .
- Established and executed test procedures, analyzed test results logged defects, analyzed defect data, recommended process improvements.
- Implemented Custom and Compound View to match the UI/UX specifications.
- Integrated activity and fragment-based navigation to adapt to portrait and landscape orientations to better use the screen real state adapting to phones and tablets.
- Added animated transitions when calling other activities to improve the user experience.
- Responsible for code optimization and testing of the website across different browsers.
- Implemented interaction between frontend and backend using the JSON object.
- Validated input values to make sure that they will be accepted before they are submitted to the server.
- Involved in the development of Dynamic loading of web pages using Ajax calls with server pages.
Environment: Android, Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, BSP, JDBC 3.0, HTML, GCM, XML, SVN, AWS, Java Script, Eclipse, APN, SQLite, Oracle DB, rex, Windows.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development .
- Developed java modules implementing business rules and workflows using Spring MVC , IOC , and Web Framework .
- Worked on development of Hibernate , including mapping files, configuration file and classes to interact with the database .
- Improved the maintainability of the project by implementing and improving Exception Handling and Collection APIs .
- Performed code reviews and provided guidelines for best practices of software management, Coding Standards and Code Commenting for better understandability .
- Used Spring Boot which is radically faster in building cloud Micro services and develop spring -based application with very less configuration .
- Developed REST services using spring and Jersey based JAX - RS implementation .
- Secured the REST services using Spring Security and OAUTH framework and created documented REST services using Swagger .
- Actively involved in deployment Application war files in WebLogic Application server .
- Unit testing of developed product features using JUnit and Mockito frameworks as part of development cycle .
- Implemented UNIX utilities using shell script for data validation, manual job submission, restarting failed jobs, etc .
- Used GIT for source code control .
- Involved in writing program documentation and technical specification documents .
- Worked on designing user interfaces for a web-based internal system.
- During requirement analysis, interacted with the business intelligence team and involved in architecture and design.
- Involved in the implementation of client side and server-side programming using HTML and JavaScrip t.
- Developed advanced Java Script modules such as capture visitor information, browser version, button animation, and timing object. Extensively used JSTL tag libraries.
- Developed and Implemented CSS themes for Project and worked on front end technologies HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and Java Script.
- Designed cross-browser companionable and compliant CSS-based page layouts .
- Actively involved in fixing Front-End issues with the layouts. Created templates with dynamic data from XML file using XML.
- Extensively used JQUERY to perform AJAX calls for creating collaborative web pages on JSON response.
- Converted HTML/CSS non-functional pages into dynamic JSP pages by working with backend developers.
- Stored the data into Oracle database using Hibernate .
- Performed application debugging. Documented all phases of a project.
- Experience in using SOAP UI for performing testing.
- Used in-house custom tag libraries, Struts framework and Standard tag libraries for the presentation layer.
- Written test cases for every code change.