- 8+ years of self - motivated software professional experience in developing and providing solutions for Multi-Tier distributed applications using JAVA-J2EE and Oracle technologies along with Integration, IDE’s and Testing tools in Health Insurance, Telecom, Banking, Manufacturing Domains. Worked on Amazon Web Services like EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, Cloud Front, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud Watch, SNS, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance, AMIs, Dynamo DB, firewalls, routing technologies and DNS, Amazon RDS DB services.
- Working knowledge in multi-tiered distributed environment, OOAD, concepts, good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Experience in working in environments using Agile(SCRUM), RUP and Test Driven development methodologies.
- Experience in working in both Windows and UNIX platforms including programming and debugging skills in Unix Shell Scripting.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams using UML Rational Rose and Visio.
- Extensive experience in Java/J2EE programming - JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JMS, EJB 2.0/3.0.
- Expert knowledge over J2EE Design Patterns like MVC Architecture, Front Controller, Session Facade, Business Delegate and Data Access Object for building J2EE Applications.
- Experienced in developing MVCframework based websites using JSF, Struts and Spring.
- Expertise in developing and consuming Web services including different technologies and standards like DTD, XSD, SOAP, WSDL, JAX-WS, WS-I and Apache Axis.
- Experience in creating and consumingRESTFul Web Services using JAX-RS(Jersey).
- Experience in configuring and administering MQ-Series and experience in developing messaging systems using JMS.
- Experience in installing, configuring, tuning IBM Web Sphere 10.x/9.x, BEA Web Logic 12.x/10.x/9.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/6.x, JBOSS 5.x/4.x.
- Good Knowledge of using IDE Tools like Eclipse, Net Beans, JBuilder, Rational Application Developer(RAD) for Java/J2EE application development.
- Expertise in database modelling, administration and development using SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle (9i, 10g and 11g), DB2 and SQL Server environments.
- Proficient in software documentation and technical report writing.
- Versatile team player with good communication, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Good experience on working with Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3, Amazon Simple DB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SQS, AWS Identity and access management, AWS Cloud Watch, Amazon EBS and Amazon Cloud Front.
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Experience in Integration of Amazon Web Services AWS with other applications infrastructure.
- Utilize EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Setting up AWS Oracle RDS databases for new project, use data pump to migrate data to Relational Database Services (RDS).
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, HQL, PL/SQL
Java/J2EE Technologies: Java EE 4/5, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSTL, XSLT, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, JPA,JSF
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, Java Script, AJAX,Swing,JSP, Angular JS, React JS, Node JS, JQuery
XML/Web Services: XML, XSD, SOA, WSDL, SOAP, Apache Axis, DOM, SAX, JAXWS, JAXRS, XMLBeans, REST
Frame works: Jakarta Struts, Hibernate, Spring.
RDBMS / NoSQL: ORACLE 10g MS-Access, MySQL, SQL-Server, DB2, MongoDB
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere, Web Logic.
IDE s and Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, WebStorm, Sublime Text, MyEclipse, RAD, WSAD
Design Patterns: Singleton, session facade, Front Controller, MVC, DAO, MVVM.
Version Controls: GIT, SVN, CVS
Methodologies: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins.
Testing Tools: Junit, Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium, Karma
Cloud Computing: Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, AWS Lambda, Amazon SQS, AWS Identity and access management, AWS CloudWatch, Amazon EBS other services of the AWS family.
Confidential, Bowie, MD
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer (Full Stack)
- Responsible for Requirements gathering, Conceptual Design, Analysis, Detail Design, Development, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Validation, Version Controlling and deployment.
- Worked closely with the Requirements team and analyzed the Use cases.
- Adopted J2EE best Practices, using Core J2EE patterns.
- Designed and developed the web application using JSF, Spring Web Flow, Spring and AJAX technology.
- All the functionality is implemented using Spring IO / Spring Boot, and Hibernate ORM. Implemented Java EE components using Spring MVC, Spring IOC, Spring transactions and Spring security modules.
- Utilized Swing API to develop client-side components.
- Reverse Engineered using Hibernate plug-in for RAD to generate Hibernate configuration, POJO classes and DAO classes and wrote finder methods using Hibernate Query Language (HQL) for dynamic searches.
- Developed Custom tag libraries for providing multi-lingual functionality.
- Developed Mail Merge framework to create bulk mails by merging data with MS Word templates using MS Office Java API.
- Involved in transforming XML data in to Java Objects using a JAXB binding tool.
- Wrote Junit classes for the services and prepared documentation.
- Integrated various modules and deployed them in WebSphere Application Server.
- Responsible for debugging, testing, maintaining and deploying the application.
- Designed and developed the framework to consume the web services hosted in Amazon EC2 instances.
- Amazon EC2 is also used for deploying and testing the lower environments such as Dev, INT and Test.
- Amazon IAM was used to maintain the user credentials and also involved in creating custom IAM policies to various groups defined within the organization.
- Object storage service Amazon S3 is used to store and retrieve media files such as images.
- Cloud Watch is used to monitor the application and to store the logging information.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Exported SQL data in to Elastic search to allow much faster and scalable user searches from the database.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Java /J2EE Developer
- Creating a data model to map the business requirements data with existing data available at the backend databases.
- Understanding the requirements, building functional documents, planning and estimating tasks and implementation of the tasks on time.
- Involved in the new Architecture design, Coding and testing of new Ratings engine (used for calculating the insurance premium)
- Successful implementation of the dmc (digital membership card) web service with extensive use of SOA architecture involving JAX-RS (REST) and JAX-WS (SOAP)
- Building mock classes using Mockito framework and unit testing using JUnit.
- Following the Data Access Object (DAO) design pattern to introduce an abstraction layer between the business logic tier (Business object) and the persistent storage tier (data source)
- Creating and updating tables using PL/SQL in the databases.
- Virtualization of Web services using lisa service virtualization.
Environment: JDK 1.7, J2EE 5, Servlets2.4, JSP Taglibs, Web Services-SOAP, REST, Soap UI, Apache Maven, Junit, Oracle 10g, JDBC, SQL, Subversion, IBM RAD, IBM WebSphere 6.0, Spring Batch 2.1.8, Groovy, Xml, Xsd, Mockito.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer (Full Stack)
- Involving in software development life cycle (SDLC), which includes requirement-gathering, design, coding, testing.
- Implementing agile methodology throughout the project development lifecycles.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development and integration of backend components using J2EE technologies such as Springs 3 and Spring JDBC.
- Extensive use of Team forge, for maintaining the design and other project related documents, status of the assigned tasks.
- Designing and developed Business Services using Spring Framework (Dependency Injection) and DAO Design Patterns.
- Developing Project Specific Java API's for the new requirements with Effective usage of Data Structures, Algorithms and Core Java, OOPS concepts.
- Developing web service for web store components using RESTful API using Java& Spring.
- Used XML, XSD and JSON messages for Data transfer. Used JAXB API and DOM for XML parsing messages.
- Developing application Specific thread safe XML APIs, XML Document Builder and parser utils, validators using java DOM Parser which is used among the components.
Environment: JDK1.7, J2EE, JDBC, Servlets, spring, Spring JDBC, IBM Informix, Dbeaver, SQL Assitant, XML, XSD, Eclipse, Tomcat Application Server, SVN, Maven, Windows OS, Log4j, Junit, JMockit.
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle including Requirement Analysis, Design, Implementation, End to End Testing and Maintenance.
- Create RFP (Request for Proposal) microservice to provide RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
- Dependency injection which is a very significant step in the UI development application has been implemented through services, a feature provided by Angular.js.
- Utilize Camel to integrate microservices with other microservices and RabbitMQ messaging exchanges.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references in spring framework using Dependency Injection (DI) or Inversion of Control (IOC) using annotations. This functionality is implemented by developing services using Spring boot.
- Extensively used JQuery selectors, events, Traversal and JQuery AJAX with JSON Objects.
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) Architecture and coded Java Beans (as the model).
- Designed and implemented the UI components using AngularJS for file storage.
- Wrote Linux shell scripts for automation.
- Implemented log4j for logging purposes and debug the application.
- Involved in Designing and Coding.
- Responsible for developing Application frontend & backend.
- Used RAD 7.5 to develop, test and deploy all the java components.
- Develop (Specify, create, modify, maintain, and test) software component(s) which are part of the NGEN software project on assigned technology platform.
- Developing or modifying databases as needed to support application development, and continually providing support for internally developed applications.
- Developing technical architecture documentation based upon business requirements.
- Enhancing and maintaining existing application suite.
- Communicating development status on a regular basis to technology team members.
Environment: Java Servlets 2.4, J2EE, Spring 3.0, Struts II, LDAP, Hibernate, Java 1.5 and 1.6, java beans, Eclipse IDE, UNIX, RAD 7.5, JDBC 3.x, Web Services, SQL, HTML, DHTML, XSLT, Oracle, SOAP, Oracle 10g, Agile(Scrum), Jira and CSS.