- 7+ years of overall experience, skilled DevOps, AWS, Build/Release and also as a Java Developer.
- Strong base knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). In depth knowledge about Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Competence in designing AWS cloud modules for Infrastructure - as- a-Service (IAAS), Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) and Software-as-a-Service (SAAS).
- Strong expertise on DevOps concepts like Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous delivery (CD) and Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Cloud Computing etc.
- Excellent experience in working with Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Branching/Labelling/Merging/tagging, Clone, and rebasing and other SCM work on (SVN and mainly on GIT).
- Extensively Worked on Docker for virtualization, run, ship, and deploy the application securely for fasten the build/release engineering. Creating and managing Docker images, Containers and also hands on kubernetees, ECS.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience with configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible and container management with Docker.
- Worked on Creating and Maintaining Chef Recipes, cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Expertise in working and managing various AWS cloud resources EC2, S3, Glacier, EBS, Dynamo DB, Route 53, VPC, NAT, VPN, ELB, EMR, RDS, Elastic beanstalk, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Stored gateways, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, Access Control Lists(ACL), SNS, SES, SQS and IAM.
- Experience in Creating secured cloud infra using (VPC) for Staging and Development environment on AWS.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda which runs the code with response of events.
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN, ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Used Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla for finding, managing and tracking of Bugs.
- Experienced using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, and Kibana) for to see logs information and monitor and get the health and security notifications from nodes.
- Hands on experience working with databases such as Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, Cassandra.
- Installed, configured and administered application servers like Web Logic (11g, 12c), Web Sphere 8/8.5/9, Tomcat 7.x/8.x/8.5 and JBoss.
- Good Knowledge on Networking and configuring TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP.
- Experience in developing and implementing web applications using Java/J2EE Technologies, which includes coreJava, Servlets, JDBC, Springs, Hibernate, JSP and Java Beans.
- Good understanding of concepts in Object Oriented Programming concepts, RDBMS concepts and MVC frameworks.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS cloud environment.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problem generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
Web/ App Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic (11g, 12c) & Web Sphere 8.0/8.5/9.0, Nginx, JBoss.
Tools: Jenkins, Nexus, GIT, SVN, GitHub, Bitbucket, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, SonarQube, JIRA, Maven, Ant.
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS (Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Code Build, Code Commit, Code Deploy, EC2, EC2 Container Service, EBS, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, Security Groups, OpsWorks, Route 53, S3, CloudFront, Cloud Trail, Stored gateways, Glacier, SQS, SNS, VPCs, DynamoDB, ElasticCache, Lambda.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB,.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, TELENT, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, ACL s, FIREWALL, SUBNETS.
Confidential, New Jersey
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Involved in various phases of application development. Iteratively analyzed and developed the system going through Agile, Scrum methodology.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, different branching&merging strategies, views, access control strategies and Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Integrated Maven with GIT. Build and deployed scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stage and Production using Jenkins.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks with roles & tasks for automating the continuous deployment and Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Worked on creation of custom Docker images, tagging and pushing the Images and also creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Configured kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto node cluster using Kubernetes and Configured private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Cloud Trail, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53 and Elastic Cache.
- Extended on Premise infrastructure storage to AWS by using Storage gateways and created S3buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Monitoring and Alerting of production and corporate servers using AWS Cloud Watch and Nagios.
- Developed AWS Cloud formation templates to create VPC, Subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Auto scaling groups.
- Hosted Web Apps and RDS Instances in private cloud and maintained secure connection by using NAT Gateways.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMwareESXi5.5 & 6.0, vSphere and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and also trigger the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Worked on User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands.
- Experienced in Package Management using Red HatRPM/YUM.
- Designed, implemented, maintained and troubleshooting of High available critical applications running on Apache and My SQL/Postgre SQL database.
- Managed large amounts of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data across multiple data centres using Dynamo DB.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Web Logic and Tomcat.
- Developed Shell/Python/JSON/YAML for automation purpose.
- Had experience working with logs and usage of REST and SOAP Web Services to provision and maintain accounts.
- Setting up Security Groups and making them SSL enabled SMTP setup to email directly for project status and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
- Used SonarQube for continuous code quality check.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Cloud Trail, Elastic Bean Stalk, Route 53, Storage Gateways and Elastic Cache, VPC, Subnets, NAT, Cloud formation, Cloud Watch), VMware ESXi, Red Hat Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT, SonarQube, Maven, ANT, JIRA, My SQL, Postgre SQL, Web Logic, Tomcat, Nexus, Python, JSON,YAML, REST, SOAP, Nagios.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
AWS/ DevOps Engineer
- Configured and Maintained Windows 8/12RHEL5.x/6.x in a large distributed environment at several Data Centres.
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed Use case diagrams. Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /GIT.
- Worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Deployment and also configured Splunk for monitoring.
- Configured Puppet master, client and wrote scripts for deploying applications on QA, Dev, Production environment and developed Puppet Modules to manage configuration, automate installation process and for deployments and configurations.
- Created highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Security Groups, Network ACL, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, S3, IAM, Elastic Bean Stalk, EBS, SNS, SQS.
- Managed and worked with various different instances of EC2, creating AMI’s, managing EBS volumes and configuring security groups, elastic IPs etc.
- Using AWS Lambda, running scripts/code snippets in response to events occurring in AWS Cloud and maintaining it.
- Configured Chef Cookbooks, recipes for Upgrading the Linux kernel, installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS using OpsCodeChef Cookbooks/Recipes. Developed Chef Cookbooks from scratch to automate the deployment process and integrated with Jenkins to build the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Configured and used monitoring tools like Nagios/Splunk for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Worked on Deployment procedures using middleware like Web Sphere, created deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
- Experience in configuration of MySQL, Cassandra database on Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Installed and configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company. Created proxy nexus repositories to speed up the build process.
- Implemented continuous deployment system with Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy, Ops Works and monitored the Infrastructure using AWS Cloud Watch.
- Efficiently used Project Management Tools like Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Developed Bash/ Python scripts to automate the troubleshooting on AWS platform based on the alerts provided by the AWS SNS.
- Supported the Application team in making them analyse about the automation implementation and other related issues.
Environment: AWS services (EC2, VPC, Security Groups, Network ACL, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, S3, IAM, Elastic Bean Stalk, EBS, SNS, SQS), Windows 8/12, RHEL 5.x/6.x, Jenkins, GIT, MAVEN, ANT, Puppet, Chef, Splunk, JIRA, Bugzilla, Nagios, Web Sphere, MySQL, Cassandra, Nexus, Python, YML scripts.
Confidential, Nashville, IL
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile process.
- Extensively worked on Installation and configuration of Redhat Linux 5.x /6.x and Windows 08/12 Servers on large distributed environment.
- Hands on in AWS (Amazon Web Services) including deploying new server instances through automation with CHEF and Jenkins.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config files, Database, Commands, and Users Mount.
- Involved in writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of JIRA with the build and release process.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN provided end-users training, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Points, Packages Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Used ANT and Maven Scripts to automate the build process, Automated Build and Deployment process by using Shell scripts.
- Extensively worked on migrating VMs from physical to virtual (P2V) environment.
- Building & configuring Red Hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into Web Logic and Apache Servers.
- Responsible for the Plug-in Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects.
- Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Monitor progression of releases and keep them on track for delivery on planned release date.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: Redhat Linux 5.x /6.x, Windows 08/12, Jenkins, SVN, CHEF, Web Logic, Apache Servers, Oracle, My SQL, Maven, ANT, Shell, VMware, JIRA
Build and Release Engineer
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Experience with GIT, Subversion and GIT branching, tagging and merge strategies, git-stash.
- Build and deployment of Java to a variety of environments executing continuous improvement of builds with Maven plugins and Maintained development infrastructure including Nexus artifact repository, Jenkins CI server, JIRA and Confluence for maintaining docs and calendars.
- Jenkins for build code, base, unit testing, test runs, Selenium for user acceptance tests, static code analysis, code quality metrics, Artifactory, GIT, Splunk, document generation, Jira and deployment as part of our test driven development thus automating the SDLC pipeline and App Dynamics for monitoring Handled Application deployment to IBM Web Sphere, JBOSS, Tomcat and databases like Oracle database.
- Worked on HP-UX, RedHat and Ubuntu flavours of Linux.
- Created ANT and MAVENPOMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar and Nexus.
- Successfully administrated GIT and Jenkins automating deployment of builds to different environments.
- Managed code in Git repository and deployed application on Apache2 and tomcat server instance and virtual through Vagrant.
- Utilized WAR and JAR files for deployment of enterprise apps.
- Managed Dependency Management within the teams by installing and configuring Nexus Repository Manager.
- Tested application module using Java on selenium grid using Jenkins automation tool.
Environment: GIT, Subversion, Java, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, Oracle, RedHat, Ubuntu, Vagrant, Splunk, tomcat, Web Sphere, JBOSS, Nexus, Selenium
Build and release engineer
- Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- I Developed HTML parser and the build the DOM tree with that.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
Environment: Ant, Java/J2EE, Maven, Hudson, Linux, Solaris, Python, WebSphere, Shell scripting, Nexus.