- Have extensive experience in comprehensive SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process from collecting business specifications, user requirements, confirming the design decisions regarding data, processes, interfaces, reviewing the code and documenting the entire life cycle.
- Experience in ETL to conform the data feed to existing data objects increasing the domain of existing reporting tools to include data from acquired organization.
- Proficient in Server - side Java and J2EE technologies Spring, Hibernate, Struts, EJB’s, RMI, JMS, JSP, Servlets, Java Beans, Custom Tag Libraries, Web Services.
- Expertise in ORM tools like Hibernate, Spring-Hibernate for access to underling Data Objects.
- Experience in using Hibernate ORM Framework for developing persistence layer and involved in Mapping, Coding and tuning of Hibernate Queries. Involved in the Development of CRUD functionality for various administrative system related tables and product components.
- Developed Use Case Model, Use Case Diagrams, class Diagrams and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- In Depth Understand in design patterns Front Controller, Data Access Object, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, MVC, Data Transfer Object and Singleton.
- Hands on Experience in various components in Spring such as IOC, AOP, Security and MVC.
- Expertise in developing SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), REST and J2EE Web Services based on SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAX-WS, JAXB, JAX-RPC using tools like Apache Axis.
- Well versed in developing web services applications and inter process communication applications using JTA, RMI, JMS, SOAP and XML schema.
- Worked with JMS, messaging queues and MQ series
- Worked with message brokers such as JMS API, Spring JMS, Active MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka and MQ-Series API.
- Good Knowledge in XML and related technologies like XSL, XSLT and parsers like JAXP (SAX, DOM) and JAXB.
- Hands on experience with Ant / Maven for project build / test / deployment, Log4j for error logging and Debugging, JUnit, for unit and integration testing.
- Expertise Experience with JMS both Synchronous and Asynchronous messaging.
- Worked with version control systems like GIT, CVS, VSS and Rational Clear Case for providing common platform for all the developers.
- Expertise in implementing web applications using IBM Websphere 4.0/5.0/6.0/8. X, JBoss/Wildfly, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat Server.
- Proficient with various J2EE IDE’s like Eclipse.
- Proficient in database design using PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and strong experience in writing complex queries, using Oracle 8i/9i/10g/12g, DB2 UDB 6.5, SQL Server 2005 and MySQL.
- Expert in Various Agile methodologies like Test Driven Development, Incremental and Iteration methodology and Pair Programming.
- Excellent communication skills, strong architectural skills, hardworking and a very good team member.
Languages: Java, SQL
Application / Web Servers: Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Sun One Java Web, Apache Http 1.1, Apache Axis (Web Services)
IDE Tools: Eclipse, MyEclipse, IBM Rationale, NetBeans
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Operating Systems: OSX, Windows 10/8/7/NT/2003 Server/XP, UNIX and Linux
Version control: Git, SVN, Clear Case
Tools: ANT, Maven
Distributed Technologies: RMI, EJB and Web Services
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Senior Java Developer
- Application utilizes micro-service architecture using Java, Spring, Hibernate, EleasticSearch based backend design coupled with Angular2/4 based front end application.
- Supported the role of a full stack developer including business analysis, requirement gathering, UI design iterations, implementation and testing.
- Application makes use of the state of the art load balanced cloud deployment on AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Java based backend uses AWS EC2 instances that run either Wildfly or Tomcat containers.
- Implemented RESTful Web services in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to retrieve data from client side and made REST API calls from Node.js.
- AWS RDS using MySQL 5.7 provides DB functions and runs on a load balanced instance architecture.
- AWS S3 service is used to host the Angular2/4 application.
- Application is secured using JWT architecture which works with Spring Security on the backend to provide role based security. Spring security implements declarative Expression based access control over controller methods thus providing multiple layers of security against illegal access.
- Similar role based access control is implemented on the angular2 application.
- Developed the application using Spring JPA, Spring and Hibernate.
- Unique drag and drop functionality is implemented throughout the application to enhance productivity and decrease errors via eliminating data inputs.
- Application provides Point of Sale, employee time sheet management, online appointment scheduling, payroll, profit loss data, CRM, research and reporting.
- Real time picture of the health of the organization is displayed in the form of intuitive graphing and data visualization tools such as D3.js to help understand the strengths and weakness of the organization.
- The goal of providing data visualization is to find opportunities and pinpoint actionable areas.
- Application has integrated payment processing utilizing FirstData credit card processing services in a PCI compliant format.
Environment: Java 8, Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, Lucene, Angular2/4, Tomcat & Wildfly, MySQL, maven, eclipse, VS code, AWS EC2/RDS/S3 services
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Senior Java Developer
- Legacy applications were analyzed for their compatibility with the new Websphere Application Server (WAS) based infrastructure.
- Applications utilizing Ant for build process were upgraded to Maven for better fit with the current enterprise standards.
- Application code specifically designed to run on JBoss was updated and made compatible with WAS environment.
- Design and analyst components based in open source technology, using JavaSE, JavaEE, XML/XSL, JMS, Spring, JPA and JDBC.
- Code and design enhancements were carried out for maintainability and user friendliness.
- Refactoring of legacy projects into a more modern industry standard of API, Business and Server sub projects were carried out via the use of maven Resources, WSDL to Java, Java to WSDL, EJB plugins.
- Migration challenges such as class loading, Websphere ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) configuration for JMS among others were resolved.
- Analysis, design (UML) and development of an application for the HP client SAT (Servicio de Administration Tributaria) using a SOA architecture, Spring, Hibernate and Web services.
- Current developers were kept up to speed with the upcoming changes as they were gradually being introduced to the new working environments and workflows.
- Worked in close contact with the deployment and testing teams to make sure the transition for each project was as seamless as possible.
Environment: Java, Struts, Spring, EJB2.0, Maven, Ant, Websphere, JBoss, Sonar, Chase Paymentech, SOAP, RESTful services
Confidential, Akron, OH
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Project entailed ETL on raw Zale Corp repair sales data to conform it to an existing Struts based reporting application to present the data in a more business friendly format.
- Various reports were part of the project, which provide daily, weekly and yearly statistical data for the sales.
- The tasks were accomplished via the use of several SQL built in Aggregate and Analytical functions in conjunction with the use of groupings based on available and artificial criteria developed by the use of comparisons and arithmetic.
- This new platform design was able to support future reporting enhancements as needed.
- Also performed edits, updates and finishing touches to an incomplete project for obfuscation and scrambling of sensitive personal information PII (Personal Identifiable Information) for development and test environment.
- Sensitive personal information becomes visible as various databases are copied down from production to test and development environment.
- This PL-SQL based application crawled through all the various pieces of sensitive personal stored information stored in table columns, XML or other flat file documents and performed scrambling function to obfuscate the PII data.
- The application made extensive use of Oracle parallel processing capabilities such as Bulk Collect and DBMS parallel execute module for efficient data processing.
- Application also made extensive use of Regular Expression to find PII data contained in XML, flat files and data stored as plain strings in the database columns.
Environment: Java, Struts, Rest Webservices, WebSphere 8.5, Oracle 11, PL/SQL, SQL Aggregate and Analytical functions, Eclipse, SQL Developer, Toad, XML, Oracle XML etc
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Java Web Developer
- Worked directly with the end client to implement additions, deletions and other business rules and logic to the Confidential product catalogue.
- Involved in proposal to enhance and streamline business processes to increase productivity and facilitate efficient flow of information between various departments involved in contributing to the product catalog.
- Added and enhanced functionality to various aspects of the corporate website such as product comparison and search use cases.
- Supported various ancillary applications that provided data logic to main website.
- Refined upon and added to the functionality of the spring-hibernate, reflection based batch product load API.
- Utilized Struts and Hibernate frameworks in conjunction with Oracle 10g, Git and Weblogic 10 to accomplish deployment of various web applications that constitute Confidential .com.
- Enhanced functionality of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Suite, which provides search, catalog and analytical functions to end users.
- Participated in requirement-capturing for the next major revision of application.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Involved in the requirement-capturing meeting with the subsystem with the end users and Department Heads in Vehicles.
- Involved in development and design of the complete flow from the front end to the back-end for each UI existing in the current application.
- Used Struts Framework for developing applications which makes the applications as well as
- Involved in developing the application in n-tier design as per Springbased MVC architecture standards
- Responsible for developing the Income Tax track and Registration modules of the wholesale application.
- Utilized the various J2EE design patterns to develop the business modules based on the required functionality.
- Involved in developing the various interfaces with the client’s business partners.
- Involved in developing the application level flow by utilizing Java, JSP, and Servlets.
- Designed and implemented the Hibernate Domain Model for the services.
- Designed and integrated the full scale Hibernate / Spring / EJB persistence solution with the application architectures
- Developed Software Design Specifications and implemented them for several services
- Upgraded EJB version of service layer to spring based implementation using Web Services.
- Developed different Web Services using WSDL, SOAP.
- Used Spring-Hibernate integration and JPA ORM in the back end to fetch data from Oracle and MYSQL databases.
- Used spring for dependency injection and developer Service and Data Access layers based on Spring framework.
- Involved in working with SQL server 2008 database using SQL and T/SQL.
- Developed Data Access Object classes for invoking Stored Procedures and SQL.
- Involved in developing user interfaces for the Wholesale System.
- Used Hibernate framework for Data Access layer. Configured entity mappings in .hbm file used Hibernate API to interact with database. Also done a POC to use hibernate as provider using Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Involved in the deployment of the application on JBoss and configuring Data Source.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Extensively involved in developing Struts based Action classes and Form Beans and used Tiles in the presentation tier.
- Extensively worked with validation framework and also struts config files.
- Developed user interfaces (UI) JSP’s in Struts framework.
- Extensively used tag libraries and also developed some custom tags.
- Manage JSF Software Reliability initiative.
- Developed Stateless Session Beans as Session Facade component.
- Developed dynamic SQL’s and wide Persistent tier for interfacing with DB2.
- Wrote the Use-Cases and generating UML diagrams using Rational Rose Enterprise
- DAO, Value Object and Session Facade are some of the J2EE Design patterns extensively implemented.
- Used XSL for styling the contents of XML documents.
- MQ (message queue) Series is used for capturing, visualization and automation of business processes.
- Developed and delivered functionality in RUP’s iterative methodology.
- Consumed messages from JMS-Message driven beans and Active MQ, integrated the services with Beans.
- Wrote Software Architecture Documents and Approach Documents for each Iteration of RUP development patter.
- Used Source Control Management system for building user interfaces.
- Had converted XML data to HTML using XSLT
- Done custom logging using LOG4J and Struts Error handling mechanism.
- Developed Ant based build Scripts to build and deploy the application.
- Used Websphere as App Server and WSAD as IDE.
- Used Clear Case as version controller and Clear Quest as issue tracking software.
- Actively involved in design discussions and efficiently provided industry standard solutions.
Environment: Java, JDK1.2, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JMS, DB2, Struts, Tiles, MQ Series, RUP, TCP/IP, WSAD, WebSphere, Ant, Clear Case, Clear Quest, PL/SQL, Windows NT, UNIX.
Confidential, Erie, PA
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Worked with Business Managers to develop Technical design documents based on the application requirements.
- Used Struts Framework extensively for controller components and view components.
- Developed front end using Struts tag libraries, JSTL, JSP, HTML, and Java Script.
- Implemented design patterns like MVC, Singleton, Factory, DAO, DTO and Spring IOC.
- Used Spring IOC for providing object factories, service objects and DAO objects.
- Used Spring AOP’s declarative transaction management.
- Used Spring Hibernate template to access relational DBMS via Hibernate.
- Used jQuery java script library for developing interactive web application.
- Wrote unit test cases by using JUnit framework.
- Used Oracle as database and involved in the development of Stored Procedures for backend implementation.
- Involved in the configurations for WAS.
- Used we services to get the data from different applications
- Used Maven for build automation.