- 8 years of strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) enterprise application design, development, testing, debugging, documentation, deployment and integration of different software applications.
- Extensive experience in Android application development.
- Good understanding in Android OS, interactive application development and memory management.
- Proficient with common Android Framework API’s (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Developed user interfaces with rich features.
- Experience in implementing native libraries in application by using Android NDK.
- Designed GUI and interfaces with services for mobile applications.
- Experience in using Fragments, Activity workflow, Action Bar Navigation, Menu designs and view controls, and Loaders.
- Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences.
- Designed GUI and interfaces with services for mobile applications, Asynchronous Programming in Android (such as Thread pool, Tasks and services). Implemented the monetization of apps, which has capabilities to do in - app purchases.
- Good mobile and web design skills using Activities (android), HTML 5, Java Script, AJAX and XML.
- Good experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD), analysis (OOA), modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Proficiency in developing applications using Struts frame work, spring and hibernate.
- Worked on GUI applications using Java SWING and AWT.
- Experience in using Java Native Interface (JNI).
- Experience with source code control management like subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Expert in writing client side validations using validation framework, Java Script.
- Experience in web services using markup languages like JSON and REST.
- Knowledge in working with audio and video codec’s like .3GPP, MPEG-4.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA IDEA and RAD.
- Experience in various methodologies like of SDLC like Agile development and waterfall development.
- Extensive experience in requirement analysis, functional analysis, excellent conceptual and logical thinking.
- Excellent working experience with variety of operating systems like Macintosh, Windows, Ubuntu and Fedora.
- Ability to grasp and master new technologies, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to take initiative; work independently and also as a team player.
Languages: Core Java, JNI, C++, XML, JSON, C#, VC++
Technologies: Android SDK, NDK, JNI, J2EE, Springs 2.0.x/2.5x,Hibernate, MFC, ATL, Win32, STL, Web Services, JavaBeans, JSF 1.2/2.0,Java script, JSP, Phone Gap (IOS, Android), JQuery, Eclipse, ANT, HAPYAK, WISTICA
Database: MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, DB2
Web Technologies: HTML 5, CSS, AJAX,Angularjs,Backbonejs, Underscorejs, JQuery, JSON, XML
Platforms: Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, Android
Version Control: Git, Subversion
Testing Tools: Fiddler, WireShark, Bounce Checker, Coverity,Crashlytics.
Testing Frameworks: Google mock, J-unit
Configuration tools: Jenkins
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Android Application Developer
- Implementing code to display all the charts usingAchartEngine libraryAPIV1.2 to render the chart.
- Using Action Bar Pull to refresh library and to refresh the customer list data.
- Using Smooth Progress Bar Library to give support for Action Bar Pull to refresh library.
- Using customer based Android Library Login UI component, which is made using builder pattern.
- Using Android Segmented Library in this Android application to match the UI with IOS based iPhone application.
- Using HeaderListView Library to show the search result on the basis of category of customer list.
- Using Jake Wharton - Android -View Pager Indicator library to show the page indicator on the changing of chart type.
- Using Reorder Library to re-arrange the order of customer lists.
- Creating and incorporating SQLite database Manager for local data persistence on the device.
- Was responsible to write the Junit test cases and to ensure always all the cases has to be passed.
- Using standard Android components activities, services, database, and layout as well as creating custom views for application using with navigation drawer to show the required options and list view.
- Designing and creating GUI, sound and haptic feedback based on client requirement
- Coding using complete java programming methodologies, Android SDK and SQL when required.
- Debugging and identifying issues and bugs by using Eclipse debug mode and DDMS (Delvik Debug Monitor Server) tool.
- Implementing Basic Authentication using SSL/X509 certificate.
- Implementing Symmetric cum Asymmetric Crypto protocol using RSA and AES 128 bit algorithm to encrypt and decrypt the data.
- Deploying prototypes of the app into Apperian MDM (Mobile Device Management) platform.
Environment: ANDROID SDK, Eclipse IDE, Java, XML, J2EE, C++, JQuery, SOAP, REST, Android NDK, GUI, FX Applications, Front Controller design pattern, JQuery, Ajax, Soap UI, CXF, Core Java
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Involved in the requirement of gathering and documentation.
- Involved in User Interface development and web services design implementation.
- Actively involved in implementing future enhancements and doing production support.
- Played major role in implementing different layouts design and layout modifications, customization of different functional layouts and UI elements.
- Managed data using SQLite, SQLHelpers as well as Raw Queries to do database management.
- As major responsibility, used Web Views, List Views& populated lists from databases using simple adapters.
- Helped in implementing different web services in different functional models.
- Tested the application on multiple android targets and debugged the issues that were found.
- Resolving the issues generated from Confidential Application code scan reports.
- Took care of code review, code fixes and bug fixes.
- Deploying the Application builds on the internal app distribution site and stores.
Environment: Java, Android 4.x, DDMS, Tortoise SVN, Beyond Compare, Soap Web services, Core FTP, Putty, Windows 8.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Android Application Developer
- Implemented List View, so as to show the different shipments and maps as a form of list.
- Integrated location based services using Google Maps API to display locations of the nearest stores.
- Worked closely with the testing team.
- Worked in an Agile based environment.
- Collaborated with web services team to implement the backend support.
- Designed the web services to communicate with the Android application by using RESTful web services with the Spring 3 API, and JSON Parsing for the received responses.
- Designed and developed the request and response data to and from database.
- Implemented SQLite databases to monitor shipments.
- Implemented customized web view component to load an SWF file and HTML data.
- Created test cases and test data for testing the application using JUnit Extensions.
- Performed Unit testing on the various modules/functions to ensure that the output is as expected.
- Used JIRA to track issues.
Environment: Android SDK 3.0, Eclipse IDE, Google Maps, AML and SQL Databases, JUnit, GPS Services, Phone gap.
Confidential, Simi Valley, CA
- Involved in full life cycle of the application including wireframe design, server development and client development.
- Designed the features for the database interface relevant for the mobile application from the existing system.
- Worked on the feature that helps the user to identify current location.
- Worked on the feature that helps the user pick up a location and map that with the location of the accident.
- Developed the server code in PHP-MySQL in Ubuntu environment.
- Implemented wrapper classes for sever code and also designed the database tables for all the features in MySQL database.
- Developed the code in objected oriented manner for better code reuse.
- Created the client codes using JAVA in eclipse IDE 3.6.
Environment: Android SDK 2.2, Ubuntu 10.1/11.04, Eclipse IDE 3.6, XML 1.0, JSON
- Review business requirements and clarify the functionality with business partners and user experience team.
- Create software design specifications in UML using Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in reviewing use cases, designing class diagrams, and sequence diagrams in the RUP process.
- Delivered the presentation tier using Struts Framework and developed JSP using Tile Layouts and validated the presentation tier using Validation Framework.
- Performed client side Validation using Java Script.
- Used AJAX Framework in the presentation layer.
- Developed the spring bean components through bean factory offering instances for Hibernate DAO, and Business Objects.
- Used Inversion of control in Spring Framework for dependency injection.
- Published XML data using XSLT.
- Used XML Web Services for transferring and retrieving data from different applications.
- Implemented XML technologies like DTD schemas, XSL style sheets and XSLT for transformations.
- Configured ORM in persistence layer using mapping files in Hibernate.
- Configured MDB in EJB layer for providing shipment related email notifications to the manufacturers.
- Implemented several design patterns such as MVC, DAO, DTO, Value Object.
- Involved in unit testing the artifacts such as DAO using JUNIT framework.
- Used ORACLE10g for the database layer and involved in reviewing/updating the schema.
- Created and implemented Oracle Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and complex queries using SQL and PL/SQL as well as query optimization.
- Used IBM RAD 7.0 for development and WAS 6.1 for deployment of EAR file.
- Used Rational tools for UML documents creation.
- Involved in various stages of the project life cycle primarily design, implementation, testing, deployment and enhancement of the application.
- Involved in designing the system based on UML concepts, which include data flow diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams, state diagrams using Rational Rose Enterprise Edition.
- Involved in design and development of the application in n-tier fashion based on MVC architecture standards and utilized Struts frame work.
- Developed data model and stored procedures.
- Developed Servlets to process update information.
- Responsible for maintenance and production support of the application documented design and functional aspects of the application.
- Used JDBC for communicating with the database.