- 16 years of experience in software industry in the domains Auto Industry, Healthcare, Finance, Banking
- Working as a Principal Software Engineer / Java Architect working with customers for business requirement gathering, architectural design (java components/build/deployment architecture)/framework design/technology decisions/coding/code maintenance/code review/reviewing ADD and design documents, developing/mentoring team, maintaining SDLC process/post deployment support.
- Experience in AWS DevOps environment (IAM, EC2, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3), Hands on developing secured & distributed systems in unix/linux
- Designed/Developed Web backend APIs in micro services architecture using Jersey REST (jax - rs), Apache CXF SOAP (jax-ws), Spring-Mybatis, Oracle, Tomcat.
- Designed/Developed Batch Processing systems (batch jobs) using Spring batch, Spring integration, ActiveMQ, Spring infrastructure, Spring-Mybatis
- Designed/Developed Spring Boot enterprise application with javafx stand-alone UI with Soap web services component/Apache common FTP & Java watch service API for File transfer, Thread pool for parallel file transfer.
- Designed/Implemented clustered deployment architecture with tomcat /apache httpd load balancing servers on micro services architecture
- Strong in OOAD and development, data modeling, build, deployments in enterprise applications using Java, J2EE and Oracle/DB2/SQL Server 2005
- Well documenting high level/detailed level technical design documents using UML tool in confluence with architectural design diagrams/class/sequence/flow diagrams & detailed description of implementation plan as per the requirements.
- Implemented EJB stateless session bean/CMP, BMP & Java Messaging Service via MDB/WebLogic JMS queue
- Implemented Hibernate/IBatis framework as ORM.
- Designed/Developed common mybatis framework for multiple applications
- Hands on development experience in Core Java / J2EE design Patterns like Front Controller, Singleton, Façade, Factory, Abstract Factory, Data Access Object, Business Delegate, and Service Locator, Batch design patterns.
- Extensive experience in Core Java, J2EE, JSP, JSF, Servlet
- Worked in Unix/SunOS/Linux environments. Experience in UNIX shell scripting/setting up cron jobs.
- Experience in build/deployment in weblogic/websphere/apache tomcat/httpd/Sun web server in continuous integration environment using Jenkins (CI/CD).
- Extensively worked on maven pom files for developing framework.
- Worked in Spring security oauth2.0 framework
- Experience in setting up F5 rules/firewall/SFTP/FTP connectivity
- Strong in SQL/PLSQL programming using Oracle, SQL Server, Big data Casandra (administration, writing cql/nosql)
- Agile/Waterfall methodology & Test driven via Junit framework
- Maintained code quality using SonarQube.
- Worked on non-functional requirements (performance tuning, scalability, maintainability etc.)
- Source code maintenance using SVN, CVS, Git
- Strong written/verbal communication with customers/ various processes & hosting teams/multiple interfacing vendors/3 rd Parties/ onsite-offshore coordination across various time zones & geographical locations to complete the requirement on time.
- Well-handled DevOps/Production Issues (L2/L3)
- Experience on ITIL (incident, problem, change, event) handling high severity tickets/issues & troubleshooting under SLA/ITIL process for production environment, finding Confidential (root cause analysis) and helping business on day-to-day operations in 24/7. Also will be able to handle all most all the environmental issues in lower environments to make environment available for development/operation team. Continuous process improvement - by automation, reduce MTTR/MTBF, permanent fixes & documenting & maintaining known error database.
- System analysis for business requirements / questions / issues and delivering services via technical expertise. Also analyzing online / batch/web services (soap/rest) / security /environmental issues via code / database / Apache web server / WebLogic server
Confidential, Bridgeton, MO
Principal Software Engineer
- Requirement analysis with Product team/Business analysts
- Worked with Architects and actively participated on architectural design. Provided design solutions/developments for couple of systems.
- POC/Design/Development for backend API modules (micro services) to serve for new website using Jersey REST/MyBatis/Spring technologies.
- Provided common logging framework using log4j2/Exception handling for multiple systems.
- Setup deployment framework implementation in AWS for all development works (batch processing/backend api microservices/stand-alone application)
- Unit test using Junit/Mockito
- Worked with DBA to get best approach and data model table designs AWS RDS Oracle12c.
- Successful implementation of automation setup for CI using jenkins and deployment setup in AWS DevOps environment.
- Leading the team for technology guidance on various implementations in end-to-end flow
- Various build/deployment issues resolved using maven/GIT/Jenkins in AWS
- Resolving issues/Providing solutions for common workspace for the team
- Worked with offshore team on clarifying business requirements/technology framework decisions.
- Batch system: Framework design for batch processing, developing master/slave components, jms communications between master & slave, data partitioning algorithm, build & deployment. ActiveMQ configuration
- Print Controller: framework design on Spring boot, developed UI pages using javafx scene builder, soap communications between Print controller & gmc spooling system(3rd party tool) using apache cxf to send spool requests, sequential print jobs execution & parallel file transfer among various printers using thread pool multithreading, FTP to canon printers using apache common FTP and java runtime lpr for direct print, bitvise tool setup to file transfer from linux to windows.
- NewRelic implementation on tomcat for performance monitoring/report
- Provided Oracle wallet POC/implementation for secure.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Onsite Lead Developer/ DevOps Engineer
- Prioritizing/Tracking all project activities in Jira
- Followed all agile processes - Sprint planning, sizing the stories, Status reporting, scrum of scrums, Iteration Demo presentation, Retrospective meeting etc.
- Communication at onsite for various activities like status reporting, requirement analysis & clarification with product team, technical implementation plan with onsite architectural team (UI, backend), engineering team, onsite developers and communicate the same to offshore and day to day monitoring/helping for their delivery.
- Process improvement, reducing development time/cost, on-time delivery
- Implemented & Tested for Essay Scoring feature involving in backend developments using Rest call to another service TestNav which brings the questions to Realize application, various scoring for the auto scoring essay type questions using Rest service, Core Java, Spring Jdbc template, SQL, PL SQL, JUnit
- Implemented Hotspot interaction question type (single, multiple, complex) using XML, Json, AngularJS and also helped offshore team for collecting business requirements/clarification/ technical implementation/process improvement for other question types (fill in the blanks, partial credit for missed accent/ French/Spanish tool bar) using Rest, Core Java.
- Helping teams for continuous integration/deployment by resolving Jenkins jobs issues for various teams in DevOps environment. Ensuring team to follow best practices defined by Pearson. Also resolved some of the rest web services issues with other interfacing applications (TestNav, rumba security portal) in Jenkins jobs.
- Found Confidential /Fixed high priority production issues in student’s scoring reports.
- Offshore coordination - developed new team at offshore and coordinated all initial setup for making them to start the development at offshore
- Handled incidents, Confidential documentation, defect management, change management, communicate via proper channel, Process improvement to reduce resolution time
- Suggested some of the fix related to sql query performance, participation on bi-weekly architectural review meeting, UI review meeting for change review, code review etc. Suggested to reduce the bugs in backlog along with features
- Helping offshore team on UI code changes by discussing with onsite team for Pearson coding standard.
- Supporting release activity and post deployment support for all releases/bug fixes
Tools: Java, Servlet, JSP, Rest services, SOAP client, AngularJS, Oracle, JUnit
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Lead Developer/ Application Architect
- Participated in design cycles, UML modelling/responsible for documenting architectural changes
- Implemented SOAP services for new plans came for 2016
- Fixed high priority issues that came in insurance plans services.
- Planned/Lead development team for automation code to validate the uploaded 100s of insurance plans using SOAP clients, java, JAXB
- Handled all code/data changes/issues for insurance plans and delivered
- Handled incidents, problem, change management
- End to End support (scheduling/execution/delivery to business customers) for application changes (code/db/certificate/environment fixes) & Coordinating with hosting team for Infrastructure changes
- Proposed & implemented for performance/scalability of application
- Strong Data modelling/analysis via sql/plsql for issue analysis/clarifications to business
Tools: Java, J2ee, SOAP services, client, JAXB, Oracle11g, webshpere
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Java Lead Developer/ DevOps Lead
- Involved in Requirement gathering/ Creating & updating user stories/updating backlog/scrum meetings/iterative deployments/Functional, non-functional & technical Analysis/Designing technical documents/ updating Architectural Design Documents & BRD/Development/ UAT deployment & testing/ Production deployment using mixture of agile/waterfall methodology practice & Post-deployment support in L2 category.
- Done multiple projects in on-boarding many companies to post the vehicles via batch posting & using technologies unix shell scripting, JAXB, java/Oracle sql, pl sql, Tivoli work scheduler/tidal
- Involved Designing/Developing to onboard companies for updating the vehicles information using Java, Restful webservice, JSON, Hibernate, Weblogic
- Involved in Analysis/Design/Development/testing for web service connectivity for some transport companies to quote/order vehicles after sale to move to buyer’s destination using SOAP,WSDL, JAXB, JSF, EJB, XML, Hibernate, Weblogic
- Involved in hp Quality Center defect analyze/fixing/urgent production fixes using Java, EJB, JSF Framework, and JMS.
- Database designing & Data analysis using table mapping, SQL/PLSQL code analysis for analyzing the requirements, questions clarifications and preparing complex reports for business.
- Incorporated java multithreading thread pools in bidding functionality
- Involving Weekly (status reporting), Monthly (infrastructure / release changes), Yearly (Disaster recovery drill / helping customers in auditing etc.) activities
- Preparing Process improvement plan like writing automated scripts/sql queries for regular ad hoc reports. Mentoring team on issues/code logic. Also documenting known issues for process improvement.
- Auto Build/deployment using Jenkins and maven
- Worked moving the application in data migration from hp-ux to Sun OS.
- Have resolved multiple production issues related to weblogic, Sun OS issues when deployed unix scripts during data migration.
- Configured F5 rules in new Sun OS environment during data migration
- Analyzed system/worked with Sr. Architects in architecting components by analyzing NFRs during data center migration. Brought risk Vs implementation provided solutions.
- Mentoring team in technical issues and maintaining code versions in SVN.
- Resolved high severity/complex issues during post-deployment Support under SLA handling all incidents/change management for all releases/changes using ServiceNow
Tools: Java, J2EE, Struts, EJB2.1, Eclipse, JNDI, Web service (Soap/Restful), Oracle11g, weblogic10.3.6, apache webserver, UNIX, toplink, JAXB, visio & MS project.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Sr. Java Developer/ Support Engineer
- Planned Work ( Enhancement ): For SR application: Impact analysis, detailed level estimation (DLE), designed screens for user interface using UML. And development and implementation using Struts Framework, JSP, Swing and unit testing for Stations & Plant screens
- For SIS application: Involved in designing/developing Weld audit screen/Assembly facilities screens using Spring/Hibernate
- Acknowledge/resolve/close tickets via Trouble Ticket Tracking System (TTTS)
- Involved in setting up cron jobs
- Actively involving in incidents to resolve issues/ in problem management for Confidential
- Regular monitoring work
- Wrote CronJobs to schedule daily reports
- Done break fix for production issues
- CAB meeting/ Infra structure meetings for all application/infrastructure related changes
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Actively involved in design, development and implementation/bug fixing of screens of making transaction on Pandora application/generating reports for the transactions using Struts, Hibernate, and Oracle.
- Used test driven methodology using JUnit for testing
- Handled build & deployment in model environments
- Had been as an Individual contributor or lead
- Done post deployment production support & urgent fix (EBF, EFR)
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Designed/developed on changing the printing/archiving screens for user interface using Swing ( Used layouts, listeners )
- Worked in Core java to flatten database by removing binary fields in database for performance improvement
- Modified code for accessing the multiple database.
- Removal of PCL dependency is done by modifying the check templates/designs in the code
- Created stored procedures for Database Operations.
- Used Clear Case for Version Control and Clear Quest for defect tracking .
- Involved extensively in design, implementation and Unit testing.
Tools: Core Java, Swing, JBuilder, SQLServer2000, Clear Case, Clear Quest
- Designed/developed In/Out patients module using Struts, IBatis frameworks and integrated to main module
- Worked in module that generates patients detail reports for doctors
- Worked in CMP, BMP EJBs from scratch for developing business logics for multiple modules.
- Worked in sql queries using MYSQL
- Deployed in weblogic server and resolved the issues
Tools: Core Java, Weblogic, J2EE, Struts, EJB2.x, MySql