- Overall 8+ years of experience in all the phases of SDLC involving requirement analysis, designing, coding, UAT, documentation & implementation of Web Applications and client server multi - tier applications using J2EE technologies.
- Extensive expertise with Java, J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Servlets, JNDI, JavaBeans, EJBs (Session beans, Entity Beans and JMS), Spring 4(Core, JDBC, JPA, MVC), Hibernate, JAXP, JAXB, Maven 3, Struts and Microservices.
- Experience in consuming SOAP webservice using Apache CXF and Axis frameworks.
- Extensive experience in developing RESTful (JAX-RS) web service using RESTEasy and Jersey framework, JSON as a data exchange format to integrate custom web applications and various enterprise systems like Alfresco ECM, RDBMS and ServiceNow ticket management.
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts, queries, PL-SQL, stored procedures, functions using Oracle.
- Experience in Web/Application Servers such as Tomcat 9, JBoss7, IBM WebSphere, WebLogic for deploying and configuring web applications.
- Experience in Setting up IaaS based cloud environment using OpenStack Nova.
- Valuable experience in working with the Document Object Model(DOM) and DOM functions.
- Expertise with development tools like Eclipse, TOAD, MQ browser, WSAD, WID, DB2 Command editor, NetBeans, IntelliJ, Edit plus.
- Expertise in different open source frameworks like Struts2.5, Spring 4.2 and ORM Technology like Hibernate 4.3, JPA.
- Experience in integrating REST, SOAP services using MuleSoft.
- Used Maven and Jenkins as build tool and deployed the applications using Kafka.
- Used spring config server for centralized configuration and Splunk for centralized logging.
- Utilized AKKA for asynchronous message handling.
- Expertise in developing SQL Queries for Stored Procedures, Functions, Prepared Statements and Triggers in databases viz. Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server 2000, 2008 MySQL, DB2.
- Excellent development experience on using mythologies like Agile Methodology, Waterfall, TDD and RAD development.
- Focused on architecting NoSQL databases like Mongodb and Cassandra database.
- Experience in Data Modeling and working with Cassandra Query Language (CQL).
- Experienced in React JS and working with React Flux architecture.
- Experience with MVC frameworks like Angular JS, Backbone JS, Ember JS, bootstrap JS, ReactJS.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Simpledb, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SQS, AWS Identity and access).
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation Templates and Kubernetes.
- Implemented the function to send and receive AMQP messages on RabbitMQ synchronously and send JMS message to Apache ActiveMQ on the edge device.
- Developed unit and integration tests for existing microservices using JUnit and Mockito.
- Strong Experience on UNIX, Linux platforms, developed shell scripts and configured CRON jobs.
- Experience in writing with no schema database CouchDB and have knowledge on MongoDB
- Expertise in writing JUnit test cases for system testing, used Log4j for logging.
- Worked with SVN, Team Foundation Server, Bitbucket, GIT for version control and Quality Center, Jira for bug tracking.
Java Technologies: Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP
Frameworks: Struts, MVC, Hibernate, Spring, Spring Boot, AngularJS, ExpressJS, EmberJS
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JMS, Java Mail, EJB
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Services: SOAP, WSDL, Rest API
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, Mysql, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka
Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, Toad, Microsoft Visio, Jenkins
Methodologies: UML, MVC, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RUP
Version Control Tools: CVS, Git, SCCS
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. Java Developer
- Worked extensively on Spring boot for building web services under Microservice architecture.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Analysis, Designing, Developing, Testing, Finalizing
- Used Hibernate to query Oracle database and return results to the front-end
- Working with Agile methodologies following SCRUM for team collaboration meeting and SCRUM board to keep track tools like TFS
- Implemented JAVA/J2EE design patterns such as Factory, DAO, Session Facade, and Singleton
- Automate the project's build infrastructure using Maven
- Configured ELK stack to store and process application logs
- Used Maven for creating reports, checks, build and testing automation setups
- Used Spring 4.2.1 for the view by configuring the controller layer
- Introduced Hibernate 5.0.2 in this Project for the first time in place of EJB 3.2 and made a successful implementation of POJO (Plain Old Java Objects)
- Developed server-side services using Restful Web Services
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Ubuntu) and Configuring instances with respect to specific applications
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 bucket
- Managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation
- Built scripts on AWS cloud for scheduling EC2 auto scaling load balancer with java SDK
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers
- Developed and executed Unit Test plans using JUnit, ensuring that results are documented and reviewed with Quality Assurance teams responsible for integrated testing
- Working with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) stack to develop an end to end transaction processing system
- Implemented Web-Services to integrate between different application (internal and third-party) components using SOAP and RESTFUL services
- Created a complete release process documentation, which explains all the steps involved in the release process
- Analyzed various distributed file systems suitable for a cloud storage using a storage benchmark.
- Tested a private storage cloud using Openstack SWIFT software
- Setup Docker on Linux and configure Jenkins to run under Docker host.
- Imported and exported data into HDFS
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub
- Data modeling and development experience in Cassandra or other NoSQL databases
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Maven.
- Performed code build using MAVEN
- Deployed the Application EAR and RESTful Services on JBoss Application Server
- Involved in Production Support and Maintenance of the application and troubleshooting of Issues on JBoss by checking logs, payments etc.
- Participated in configuration management, change management activities and code reviews
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. Java Developer
- Participated in Agile Scrum methodology for application development. Analysis, design, coding, unit, and integration testing of business applications in an object-oriented environment
- Designed and developed UI screens with XSLT and JSF (MVC),PrimeFaces to provide interactive screens to display data
- Built the responsive UI with AngularJS, Bootstrap and SASS. Developed the dashboard for displaying charts, graphs, and other analytics-related widgets
- Developed mock-up screens in the prototype to demo the application screens to business users using HTML, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Used Angular-JS, AJAX for asynchronous validations for the input fields of the forms with the data existed in the database
- Created single page applications(SPA) with nested and multiple views using Angular UI-router, custom directives for reusable components used across the application
- Used $http and $resource service for retrieving data from the server via XMLHttprequest object in Angularjs framework
- Followed Kanban process for tracking the progress
- Extensively used Core Java collections, Generics, Exception handling, Design patterns for functionality, such as portfolio summary and user information also developed Services, Business Delegate, POJO, Controller and Dao
- Create RFP (Request for Proposal) microservice to provide RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC
- Created entities in Scala and Java along with named queries to interact with database. Used Scala collection framework to store and process the complex Customer information
- Extensively Implemented Spring boot, dependency Injection (DI) and aspect-oriented programming (AOP) features along with hibernate
- Used JMS (Java Mailing Service) API to mail notifications upon the success or failure when the backend processes are completed and to send mail notifications regarding any system related problems
- Wrote Hibernate Criteria queries for data retrievals and have performed the ORM mappings to map java entities to database tables
- Configured Spring declarative transaction manager and implemented transaction management in DAO layer
- Implemented RESTFUL web services using Spring Boot and consumed using Spring REST services.Published Rest services for performing CRUD operations from database
- Used JSON for data exchange between application modules along with XML and WS-Security for authenticating the REST messages along with encryption and decryption
- Installed KAFKA on Hadoop cluster and configured producer and consumer coding part in java. Loaded data from various data sources into HDFS using Kafka
- Designed and implemented a stream filtering system on top of Apache Kafka to reduce stream size
- We used the most popular streaming tool KAFKA to load the data on Hadoop File system and move the same data to MongoDB NoSQL database
- Involved in setting up AWS services with EC2 instances, S3 bucket, IAM, RDS took part in deploying application in AWS
- Writing and retrieving files to and from AWS S3 bucket for UI to render data faster that involves complex and time-consuming server-side logic
- Focused on Test Driven Development (TDD) thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before writing the actual functionality and used Mockito for mock based testing
- Involved in configuring builds using Jenkins with Git, Gradle plugins, configured and used Jenkins to deploy the applications onto Dev, QA, UAT environments
- Worked on Atlassian products such as Git for Version control, Source tree, Jira for project tracking, Confluence for project Wiki
Confidential, Portsmouth, VA
Sr. Java Developer
- Identified production and non-production application issues
- Designed and developed UI screens with XSLT and JSF 2.2 (MVC) to provide interactive screens to display data
- Created conditional logics in pages using JSF tags and JSTL
- Used AngularJS as the development framework to build a single-page application(SPA)
- Created a custom, single-page, responsive web application to replace a legacy line-of-business web application using AngularJS
- Created custom directives for reusable components (multi-field form elements, background file uploads, Angular JS etc.
- Implemented Model View Controller (MVC) architecture Using JSF 2.2 Framework at the Web tier level to isolate each layer of the application to avoid the complexity of integration and ease of maintenance
- Created views with JSF 2.2 Framework and Service Layer Classes using Session Beans
- Application implemented as a single-page Backbone app with a custom data layer that used an in-memory message bus (postal.js) for data requests and application events
- Developed Complex Data Tables, Data List, Pick List, Tree Table, Data Grid, UI Search and results screens using XHTML, Primefaces and CSS
- Used distinct phases of JSF lifecycle for client-side and server-side data validation
- Used Primefaces as a JSF 2.2 extension libraries for rich components such as Accordion, Calendar, Data Table, Panel, Panel Grid
- Created web services using SOAP, WSDL and XML with JAX-WS and JAX-RPC
- Configured faces-config.xml and navigation.xml to set all page navigations
- Implemented features like logging, user session validation using Spring-AOP module
- Generated complex reports as per CMS guidelines, using Jaspersoft Studio-5.1.0
- Involved in complete SDLC life cycle and Production Support for the project
- Used version control repository SVN (Subversion by apache)
- Developed file Upload/Download management system
- Used Cloud Foundry from initial development, through all testing stages, to deployment
- Used MYSQL database for creating tables, views, stored Procedures and writing complex queries
- Performed testing and resolved all technical issues arising in the applications
- Involved in the implementation of business logic in struts Framework and Hibernate in the back-end.
- Developed and execute unit test plans, supported formal testing and resolved test defects.
- Used Log4j for logging purposes
- Experience in implementing MVC architecture
- Experience in using RDBMS concepts and creating complex database queries in SQL and PL/SQL for fetching results in Oracle using JDBC concepts
- Created SHELL SCRIPTS for generic use
- Used Git for version control of the software
- Expertise in developing test cases for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Integration Testing
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr. Java Developer
- Followed Agile software methodology for project development
- Designed the architecture based on the popular J2EE Model 2 approach of MVC design paradigm
- Developed application on Spring framework by utilizing its features like Spring Dependency injection, Spring Security, Spring Web flow with Spring MVC
- Used Spring AOP in case of logging and security
- Exposed the application as a Restful web service and implemented the authentication
- Used Spring Rest Template to use the exposed REST Web Services
- Designed front end View with HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3 and JSP using Struts.
- Implemented Responsive development using Bootstrap and CSS3 media queries
- Used jQuery plugins to develop the custom portal templates
- Created web services using SOAP, to allow application and services to connect them over the Internet
- Designed WSDL and elaborated type definitions schemas based on corporate standards, integration and security specifications
- Developed code using various patterns like Singleton, Front Controller and Value Objects, Data Access Object
- Designed developed and maintained the data layer using Cassandra DB and performed configuration of Spring Application Framework
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services
- Scaling solution using Amazon EC2 and S3 web services
- Used Apache CAMEL to route our RabbitMQ queue messages to different business floors, configured routes and e-mail notifications
- Used Log4J for logging and tracing the messages
- Developed JUnit test cases for Unit Testing and functional testing for various modules and prepared Code Documentation for future reference and upgrades
- Used JIRA tracking tool for assigning and defect management
- Used Maven to build and deploy application into JBOSS Application Server and LARA to deploy code into server
- Involved in pre-testing the Web-Service calls with SoapUI/POSTMAN/Swagger UI using endpoints
- Used GITHUB for maintaining the component and to release version management
- Used Eclipse as Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Used Jenkins to build the War file
- Used Confluence page to update the services information and the project related information. Deployed web server components using Apache Tomcat and application server with WebLogic
- Developed Application using Spring MVC Architecture
- Developed performance and browser compatibility using AJAX
- Debugged ANT scripts for web applications
- Developed backend logic using Core Java including Collections and multithreading
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Designed and developed rich front-end screens using JSF (Icefaces), JSP, CSS, HTML, Angularjs and jQuery.
- Developed Managed beans and defined Navigation rules for the application using JSF.
- Worked on generating the web services classes by using SOA, WSDL, UDDI and SOAP.
- Responsible for developing Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and process flow diagrams for the modules using UML and Rational Rose.
- Configured the Hibernate mapping files for mapping the domain objects to the database tables and their corresponding properties to the table columns.
- Queries for accessing data were built using the Hibernate API.
- Hibernate Session Factory, hibernate mapping files, dependencies between delegate classes, DAOs, controller classes, validation classes and the domain Objects are configured as part of the Spring configuration file.
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of essential information such as payment status report to MQ Server using MQSeries.
- Used RAD as IDE for development, build, deployment and testing the application.
- Used Log4j framework for logging the application.
- Used Maven for build and deployment.
- Used SVN as a version control tool and used WebSphere server.
- Performed some Unit Testing on the application and the web services before its release to QA.
- Tested the whole module using SOAPUI.
- Involved in writing database connection classes for interacting with Oracle database. Incorporated Singleton Pattern to implement the database access classes.
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in development of Staffing sub-modules like Staffing Override, Interview Override, Resume Upload
- Performed Analysis and development of Stateless Session Bean, Data Access object and Application Component for Screening and Shortlisting module
- Configured JBoss Application Server and deployed the web components into the server
- Involved in debugging, testing and integration of the system
- Worked on fixing bugs raised by the users
- Worked with Spring Restful Web Services to interact with the JPA Objects created using ORM tools
- Documented all the low-level design of the application.
- Developed JSP / Action servlet classes
- Developing Hibernate XML Java object-to-database mapping documents
- Performed code reviews
- Used XSLT, XML, XSD, and JAXP for transforming request/responses to other formats
- Implemented Restful web services
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, Servlets, EJB, JSP, JMS, Java Swing, HTML, XML, Oracle 11g, JBoss, Hibernate, Restful web service, Eclipse, Unix