- Over 7+ years of Software Design and Development in Android based applications with equivalent knowledge in Java development.
- Experience in applying System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Object - oriented analysis and design (OOAD) for applications and understanding of business rules.
- Expertise in developing Applications using Android Studio and Eclipse IDE and worked on ADT plug-ins of Android like SQLite.
- Expertise in integrating API with SDK of versions from 2.1 to latest Lollipop 5.1
- Proficient in App UI design for both Android Widget (using Remote Views) and the app itself using the Material Design which includes Recycler View, Grid View, Navigation Drawer, Scroll Tab, Swipe Tab, Fragment, Dialog Box, Animations, Vector Drawables, and ListView etc.
- Proficient with common Android framework APIs (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps)
- Experience managing apps and Memory Management using Paging and Hash mapping.
- Extensive work on BTLE for low energy consumption on BLE devices.
- Worked with UX Designers, Architects & Developers to build enterprise mobile solutions.
- Good understanding of SOAP, Web Services, XML Parsing and JSON.
- Experience in Web Technologies like HTML5, CSS, AngularJS, JQuery, J2EE
- Highly proficient in dealing with Threads and Multi-threading concepts such as Synchronization.
- Proficient in Bootstrapping with XML based applications.
- Experience in playing & recording live stream or Video on demand media content using Media player, Media recorder, Video views and Surface Views.
- Knowledge on AIDL and Binders Framework.
- Expertise in shaping the project structure using UML diagrams with help of Rational Rose
- Expert in building Client/Server computing with basic TCP and UDP Socket Programming, web-based n-tier architecture, Database design and development of applications using J2EE Design Patterns like Singleton, Session Facade, Factory Pattern and Business Delegate.
- Worked on with Android API’s (SMS, Content Provider, Google Maps, API SQLite, and WebView).
- Experience with GIT, JIRA, Sonar, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins tools
- Had working knowledge on messaging related technologies like GCM, SMS, MMS, XMPP, SMTP Skilled in working on Database Schemas with MySQL, Oracle 11g and Microsoft Access
- Working knowledge on Database arranging software like Informatica, DataStage
- Experience on Mobile Packager for zipping and holding packages to folder eg: .exe file
- Experience in writing and executing unit test cases using JUnit Testing Framework and debugging.
- Knowledge on various deployment processes like Continuous Integration, Delivery.
- Experience in using GIT as control of source for most android applications.
- Experience in working with MVC frameworks like PhoneGap using HTML, CSS as front-end.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and QA team members to understand requirements, design, and ensure system meets business and technical objectives.
- Experience working in on-off shore models.
- Experience in working automated tests and writing into manual
Markup Languages: HTML5, XML, CSS3, XHTML.
Servers: Web Logic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss.
Programming Languages: Java, Swift, C, C++, PHP, Python
Debugging Tools: Log cat, DDMS, J Unit.
Software Development Methodologies: Waterfall Methodology, Agile Methodology, Scrum
Frameworks & IDE Tools: Android Studio, Eclipse ADT, Android SDK, Volley, GSON, Gradle, Logcat, JUnit, Log4J, Eclipse, Jenkins, TOAD/Oracle SQL Developer/Beaver, PhoneGap (Cordova), Cocoa/Cocoa Touch, UIKit, MapKit, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA.
WebDevelopment Technologies: JSP, XML, XSD, XSLT, DTD, DOM, JSON, JSD, HTML, Java Script, JQuery, CSS, DHTML.
RDBMS: Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL Server, DB.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
Senior Android Developer
- Designed and developed Car Rental application for Android mobile devices with extensive User Interface development.
- Involved in Developing the Trips Module for users by using multiple Activities, Services, Content Providers and Broadcast Receivers.
- Designed custom layouts with Bootstrapping and HTML5.
- Designed complex User Interface screens using views and widgets.
- Used PhoneGap/Cordova as platform to develop application layouts and widgets.
- Designed and developed the user interfaces, Designed Dynamic UI with Fragments using Google Material design
- Implemented concurrency using AsyncTask, Loader, Handler, Thread pools, locks and conditions.
- Utilized web-services (HTTP based, XML, SOAP, JSON or other services), in order to tie our applications to critical server-side APIs.
- Application UI developed by Ext JS as primary source.
- Implemented a GUI for Account login, Rental car details and transferring money securely.
- Worked on Emulator and Device tracking with enabling ADB and debugging methods
- Responsible for testing the application on various android devices and debugging the issues using DDMS and Logcat.
- Implemented finding local Avis locations by using Google Maps API.
- Created a module based on an Event-driven library (Event Bus) to communicate multiple components in the app efficiently.
- Used a Jenkins instance for continuous integration to ensure quality methods.
- Used Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) to implement the push notifications.
- Utilized SQLite database to store user's preferences and previous car rental history.
- Worked in an Agile/SCRUM environment to design and deploy new changes for the application.
Environment: Android SDK, SQLite, Android studio IDE, Android API's, ADT plug-in, Location Manager, XML, JSON, REST service.
Confidential - Rosemont, IL
- Followed the Agile methodology for implementing the project.
- Worked as a part of sprint planning and communicate with other management, engineers, product managers and support specialists on product issues.
- Worked in different phases of the project cycle like design, development and testing.
- Developed mobile app using web technologies like CSS, HTML5 & SASS.
- Responsible for capturing all new business requirements from the business, and translating such into architecture and technical documents, including but not limited to UML diagrams and technical specifications.
- Created interface for Android native and hybrid implementation.
- Created Custom Splash Screen for application.
- Worked with Android Components such as Activities, Intents, Services and Custom UI Components such as Text View, List View, Expandable List View, Layouts and menus.
- Worked with Android UI components such as Layouts, Menus, Navigation Drawer and Action Bars.
- Participated in designing of layouts for various screen sizes.
- Implementation of Android Broadcast Receiver from background service to start application.
- Used Notification Service for implemented Fragmentation for levels of variation range from differences in device hardware such as display resolution and size.
- Worked on local data storage using SQLite.
- Responsible for hands-on development as well as doing code reviews and managing planned releases from DEV, QA, UAT (user acceptance testing), and PROD.
- Consumed web services and Implemented Http Communication using JSON Data.
- Implemented the modules in the framework which is used by the entire Android application.
- Developed backend communication using SOAP API Web Service for processing online payments.
Environment: HTML, CSS, Java, Android SDK 4.4, Eclipse IDE, JSON, REST Web Services, XML, Crashlytics, JIRA, SVN, JUNIT.
Confidential - Richmond, VA
- Involved in requirement gathering and designing of the application.
- Responsible for developing the Android UI layouts.
- Responsible for implementing Google Analytics
- Created custom Views, such as List Items, Date/Time Pickers, Complex Radio and Image Buttons, as well as custom List View Adapters.
- Responsible for flow control between different activities using explicit and implicit intents.
- Added styles/themes to make UI look better.
- Responsible for the Android business logic that uses Json queries for getting data from the backend systems.
- Involved in integrating the service to the UI
- Involved in performance testing along with Functional and regression tests.
- Used Quality center and followed the defect workflow during the defect resolutions
- Coordinated with Configuration Manager for continuous integration.
- Followed agile methodology to implement the project.
- Performed on device debugging using ADB and tested application in both emulator and device Environment
Environment: Android Studio, Java, Eclipse 3.5, SQLite, JSON, REST APIs, Google Analytics.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior Android Developer
- Designed and implemented the app architecture: BLE GATT, Ziggbee and IoTmodel classes, Broadcast Receviers for Connected Room.
- Worked with Bluetooth Gatt Profile, NFC, Location and IoT.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool Bit Bucket.
- Used Fragments, list views, menus & populated lists to display the lists from fragments using simple adapters.
- Experienced using non-Google libraries, e.g. EventBus, Dagger 2, or other open source libraries in gatt sever.
- Worked on Linux in embedded environment systems.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the channels and Applications.
- Integrated location-based services using Google Maps API to get the current temperature.
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
- Worked on an Android Service to implement the Push Notification.
- Followed Agile Methodology in analyze, define and documented the application which will support functional and business requirements.
- Involved in implementing Async task for the background operations in gatt profile.
- Worked on debugging the application using Log cat, DDMS.
- Implemented Automation Testing for UI flows.
Environment: Android SDK, Android Auto, Android OEM, Google API's, Web view, GPS service, JSON, NDK, Log cat, Eclipse ADT.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Analyzed the requirements and understanding the functional specifications.
- Development of various modules in accordance with Agile Methodology framework. Collaborating along with the Business Analysis, Design, QA and Development team in shaping the product.
- Worked on core framework of the Android and Web Application Design and its communication (Web Services, Database, Connectivity's, UI).
- Extensively utilized AsyncTask, Thread, handler, Services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Development of key functionalities like on middleware side, Database design, Android framework for multiple device support.
- Used multi-threading to implement parallel processing using AsyncTask, Services, Job-Scheduler, Thread Pool Executor.
- Involved in Application testing, Memory Analysis, Screen fragmentation support and working with the QA team on test plan and test cases.
- Involved in designing the Web Services and Database design to suite the Android Application support.
- Involved in designing the interface along with the Design and UX team for better usability and handling across Android and maintain their relative nativity (phones and tablets).
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse, Java, SQLite, XML, HTML, XML, Windows and MS SQL server.
- Involved in design, develop and implementation of the application using Spring, Struts 2.0 and J2ee framework.
- Used Spring MVC Framework.
- Implemented JSP, JSTL and Custom Tag Libraries
- Created build and deployment scripts using Ant.
- Utilize fielded data to find potential fraud with rules.
- Create escalation or alert system linked to rules.
- Display the indicators that triggered the alert.
- Provide user interface to refer a claim to SIU and for SIU to accept or decline a referral, and to indicate the status, history and resolution of an accepted claim.
- Provide work assignment, task list creation and tracking capability.
- Created the Application Context files for Spring core modules.
- Used REST Webservices and SOAP to extract and consume client related data from databases.
- Involved in pre-analysis work on customers history data to identify the potential fraud scenarios and include them in project rule engine to validate.
- Used MVC, Singleton, Service Locator and Data Access Object design patterns.
- Responsible in analyzing requirements, prepared Solution Architecture Document (SAD) with Architects to represent Data flow, Architecture Changes, Impacted Systems/services, Context diagram, Use Case diagrams.
- Analysis of business & system requirements including impact analysis on existing systems.
- Involved in developing database transactions Using JDBC.
- Involved in using Spring Framework IOC for bean conceptual application and Spring ORM framework for mapping database using Hibernate.
- Written hibernate-cfg.xml file in Hibernate for mapping objects to the relational database.
- Used web services to retrieve the custom documents.
- Developed messaging system using JMS, and written message listeners.
- Developed DAO (Data Access Object) classes in order to access data from database.
- Used SVN as Version Control Software.
- Tested the critical application’s functionalities before moving those into production by using various testing methodologies.
- Co-ordinated with QA for testing, Production releases, Application deployment, integration and conducting walk-through code reviews
- Developed stored procedures (developed in PL/SQL) on the back end.
- Production supported the enhancement until the release and deployment of code to Dev/ QA / Prod environments.
- Unit tested the changes and performed the code review.
- Involved in designing the application. Prepared UML Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Activity Diagrams to in corporate in the technical design document.
- Writing PL/SQL Queries to get schedule of policy payment and defaults.
- Developed the application using industry standard design patterns like, Service Locator, Singleton, Business Delegate, MVC, and Factory Pattern for re-usability.
- JDBC-ODBC bridge driver was used to connect to the database.
- Implemented Web services components SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI to interact with external systems.
- Used Hibernate, a technique of mapping data representation from business logic to database with SQL based schema.
- Secured the REST services using Spring Security and OAUTH framework and created documented REST services using Swagger.