- Around 4 years of experience as Software Developer in Designing & Development of Android Applications for Smart Phone & Tablet and Java based Applications.
- Extensive experience in Android application development.
- Good understanding in Android OS, interactive application development and memory management.
- Proficient with common Android Framework API's (Location, Camera, Notifications, Maps).
- Developed elegant user interfaces with rich features.
- Expertise building Native Android Applications using ANDROID SDK
- Designed GUI and interfaces with services for mobile applications.
- Experience in working with the latest API's Android Version 5.0 (Lollipop), Android Version 6.0 (Marshmallow), Android Version 7.0 (NOUGAT).
- Experience working with MVC (Model View Controller) and MVP (Model view Presenter) frameworks patterns.
- Validated JSON response as per the given REST API'S.
- Used GSON Library for parsing the JSON.
- Experience in Web services using markup languages like JSON and REST.
- Also worked with Gradle wrapper and dependencies for Gradle configuration.
- Experience in using Storage options in Android like Shared Preferences.
- Good mobile and web design skills using Activities (android), HTML 5, Java Script, AJAX and XML.
- Experience in using Java Native Interface (JNI).
- Experience with source code control management like subversion (SVN) and GIT, SOURCE TREE, Smart GIT.
- Expert in writing client side validations using validation framework, Java Script.
- Undertook full life cycle of Android Application Development which includes testing on device and simulator.
- Good Experience with ProGuard and DexGuard files.
- Knowledge in designing and developing adaptive UI components, widgets for android phones, tablets using Notifications, Adapters, Content Provider, Services, XML Parsing, SQLite.
- Experience in various methodologies like of SDLC like Agile development and Waterfall development.
- Excellent working experience with variety of operating systems like Windows, Mac and (Linux) Ubuntu.
Programming Languages: Java, Android, Ruby on Rails, C, C++
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS
Applications and Servers: Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Eclipse, Android Studio
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQLite
Networking: LAN, Wi - Fi
Tools: and Frameworks: Github, Sourcetree, GitLab, ProGuard
Confidential, San Jose, California
- Involved in the design, development and updating of secure messaging apps for different clients (Aqua Law, Aqua Life, ASSAM, AP) which allows users to chat with privacy and security.
- Implemented applications to handle orientations and support different screen sizes.
- Followed Scrum Agile methodology that included iterative application development, weekly Sprints, stand up meetings and customer reporting backlogs.
- Actively participated in requirements gathering, analysis, design, and testing phases.
- Developed app screens and its workflow using Activities and Fragments which has views such as list views, scroll views, web views and populated lists to display the lists from the database using simple adapters.
- Handled communication between activities and fragments using Event Bus Library.
- Handled Activity lifecycle, Fragment lifecycle and effectively used their lifecycle methods within the application.
- Created virtual test devices with the Android Virtual Device (AVD) manager. Performed functional testing, error logging on different versions and devices of Android.
- Used Github and Gitlab for version control and source code management
- Implemented push notifications using FCM.
- Implemented Chat to PDF, Suggest Friends with Address book, Favorites and Tutorial features.
- Made use of several types of layouts like Linear Layout, Constant Layout, Relative Layout and Frame Layout.
- Constantly updating our applications to keep pace with Android best practices and Google design guidelines.
- Provided subsequent releases which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Played with variety of third-party libraries like card.io and integrated into our apps for scanning credit cards.
- Used AsyncTask, Handlers and Services to improve the application performance.
- Invoked web services in the background thread and retrieved data in XML using Async Task.
- Co-ordinated with the offsite team to execute the projects based on On-Site - Off-shore model.
- Used resources such as Drawables, Values, Menus, Strings, and Colors.
- Implemented Gradle plugin.
- Used Typeface class to create custom fonts for certain views.
- Used Logcat for debugging.
- Constructing http requests, fetching response from server and parsing feeds wherever required.
- Integrated SQLite for user preferences and data.
- Messages encryption and decryption.
- Updated AMQP message queues to send or receive chat messages.
- Sinch framework integration to make voice and video calls.
- Integrated Firebase Notifications and Analytics.
Environment: Java, Android Studio, GitLab, SourceTree, RESTFUL Web service, JSON, Gson, SQLite
Confidential, Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Used Android SDK, Java to design UI with different layouts and widgets corresponding to various resolutions and different orientations.
- Developed user-friendly interface for the library of different subjects.
- Involved in creating reusable component with Fragment for different resolution devices and different orientation of Landscape and Portrait.
- Employed Threads and Handlers to implement different tasks for the application.
- Used JSON to communicate between server and application.
- Used AsyncTask to invoke web services in the background thread like downloading of a books.
- Implemented List Views and Array adapters to display the list of subjects, events etc.
- Implemented OnItemClickListener for various books and timetables in the list.
- Used Services to implement different features in the application.
- Implemented Tab Listeners for various tabs of subjects.
- Implemented Scroll View to view entire content for different tabs of each subject.
- Used SQLite to create database to store local data like timetables, locations etc.
Environment: Java, Android Studio, Android SDK, JSON, SQLite, Windows 7, GIT
- Started initial development on Android application.
- Developed user login/register, user profile customization features.
- Proposed and designed a more user-friendly user interface that was met with approval by the project managers.
- Participated in all stages of development including gathering requirements, coding, research API integrations and data security area solutions.
- Learned how to tackle and solve development issues and came up with possible solution for problem areas.
- Pushed an updated version of the existing UI using fragments that improved navigation for users.
- Used Agile SDLC model to analyze requirements, design databases, develop efficient code using object-oriented programming language i.e. Java, test and integrate application.
- Expertise in UI to design the appropriate icon and displays for the screens.
- Involved in mobile application performance testing along with Functional and Regression tests.
- Created project documentation, plans, and reports.
- Learned and implemented various software development concepts such as testing, development lifecycle, bug fixing.
Environment: Android SDK, RESTFUL Web services, Agile, GIT (version control), Broadcast receivers, GitHub, SQLite
- Got trained on testing process.
- Did an internship under the supervision of developers on KitKat version in Android Mobile. Team using software development kit.
- Used GCM for push notifications.