- Over 7 years of experience in Software programming.
- 4+ years of experience in Android Mobile Application development programming.
- 3+ years of experience in java application development.
- Experience working with maps API.
- Experience in RESTful web - services and JSON.
- Experience working with third-party libraries such as Retrofit, Picasso, Glide, Butterknife, Dagger.
- Knowledge of using Activities, Fragments, Broadcast receivers and content providers, intent services.
- Worked with version control tools such as github and bitbucket.
- Experience in optimizing multiple device screen sizes and Android versions.
- Skilled in working with Android application development lifecycle from application creation to deployment in Confidential play store.
- Experience in Android Multi-threading using Loaders and Async task.
- Proficient working with various storage options like shared preferences, Internal storage and external storage.
- Knowledge of using social life API’s.
- Good knowledge of Android material design.
- Experience working with MVVM and MVP architectures.
- Good knowledge in Realm database, SQLite.
- Worked with TDD, Unit testing using Junit.
- Experience in all the phases of Software development life cycle (SDLC) process and exposed to various methodologies like Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Worked on Nougat and Oreo API’s.
- Expert in debugging and maintaining android applications.
Languages: Java, C.
Frontend: Xml, html, CSS.
Mobile technology: Android
Databases: SQLite, Realm, MySQL.
Operating systems: Windows, Linux
Confidential - Miami, FL
Senior Android Developer
- Used MVVM pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
- Worked in Agile software development environment.
- Used Android UI Layouts and Fragments and developed rich user interface.
- Creating various custom views for the application using standard Android components, services, various UI widgets types and databases.
- Implemented various layouts like Linear Layout, Constraint Layout, Relative Layout, & Frame Layout.
- Developed activities, UI layers natively and customized as per the client request.
- Consumed Web Services (RESTFUL) from third party for sending the emails in bulk.
- Involved in reviewing the codes with the development team, provided actionable feedback and discussed findings.
- Designed and developed network frameworks to consume RESTful APIs using Retrofit to fetch user profile and daily transaction details.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Embedded Confidential Maps API, GPS Location Data into app with zooming controls.
- Experience in integrating the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Implemented unit testing using Mockito framework for client-side validation.
- Actively participated in Scrum Agile methodology that included iterative application development, weekly Sprints, stand up meetings and customer reporting backlogs.
Environment: Android SDK, Retrofit, MVVM, RESTFUL Web services, JSON, Realm database, Confidential Map API, JIRA, Agile, GIT (version control).
Confidential - McLean, VA
Android Application developer
- Followed and integrated MVP design architecture for clear separation of UI and business logic.
- Modified the internal SQLite database adding fields to store news information locally using data managers and content providers.
- Sent top news notifications from all the major categories to members using Firebase push notifications
- Implemented Fragments, Activities and Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Used gallery function in every module of the application to view daily pictures with description of the article.
- Used DownloadManager and Intent Services to handle long running HTTP downloads, HTTP interactions and retrying downloads after failures for new news video download feature
- Used Async task for multi-threading and worked on toast and dialog notifications.
- Used Android JUnit extension to prepare test cases.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, GIT, XML, Multithreading, AsyncTask, JSON, SQLite
Confidential - Houston, Texas
- Developed business components of the code in the current architecture.
- Implementing the services to fit into the system architecture making them much more scalable, reliable and debug easily.
- Actively participated in analysis, design, and development phases of the project.
- Developed action classes, action forms and performed action mapping using Struts Framework.
- Used DAO and JDBC for Oracle 9i/10g database access.
- Involved in post-production support and maintenance of the application.
Confidential, Cincinatti, OH
Junior Java programmer
- Validation and testing of the user authentication and user preferences.
- Use of multithreading through Java to run high end operations.
- Used setter and getters to provide security to the Java code.
- Involved in communication with QA team which involved cross browser testing, loading and performance testing.