- Overall 8+ years of experience as Software Development Engineer with Designing, Developing, Programming Testing and Implementing the Android Application for Smart phones, Tablet and Client Server Applications.
- Extensive experience in developing mobile & and web - based applications using Java, J2EE, JSP Servlets, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate, XML, Struts, CSS, Java Beans, Web Services, JSP Standard Tag Libraries (JSTL), JBoss, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Proficient in Android applications development involving front-end User Interface development, push notifications, Adapters, Content Providers and Services.
- In-depth experience in using Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT plugin, designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, Frame Layout, Table Layout, List View, Grid View and using Android native widgets and custom Widgets.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, IntelliJIDEA, Android Studio, and RAD.
- Knowledge of 3rd party libraries like Picasso, Retrofit, Moshi, Otto, Butter Knife etc.
- Experience in various SDLC methodologies like agile development and Rapid Application Development (RAD).
- Expertise in developing Android Enterprise applications for tablets and mobile devices using Eclipse, AndroidSDK, Android Studio and ADT development tools.
- Experienced in working with several versions of Android SDK like Gingerbread, Honey Comb, Ice Cream, Sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat.
- Used Android frameworks and APIs to efficiently load data and update databases: Loaders, Async Task Loader and Sync Adapters.
- Experience in using various development environments like Eclipse and My Eclipse.
- Experience in developing various UI components like Text View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit Boxes, Checkboxes, Dialogs, Buttons, Status Notifications, Action Bars and Spinners.
- Worked on various Relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and DB2.
- Experience in the process of a system objects with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented analysis (OOA), Object Oriented Modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language.
- Good expertise in developing applications and designing screens using MVC pattern for Android application using Android Studio, Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJIDEA, SQLite, RAD, Java and ADT plugin.
- Extensively worked in developing and implementation of ORM framework Hibernate, JPA, unit testing frameworks using JUnit and manual testing.
- Experience in designing Graphic, audio, and video multimedia components and managed various kinds of media using Flash, Photoshop.
- Worked with various applications and deployed on Google play store, Samsung app, and Amazon app store.
- Proficient in gathering requirement analysis, functional analysis, conceptual and logical thinking.
- Analyzed Angular JS and Swift language in IOS for different applications.
- Have experience working with web-server protocols such as JSON, HTTP, Phone Gap, and XML.
- Implemented web service using Rest web services.
- Experience working with Google Maps APIs, In-App Purchases, In-App advertising, Geocoder API, Ticketmaster, Relocations, PayPal, Google Analytics.
- Implemented native libraries in applications using NDK
- Worked on Data Structure, Multithreading, Collection and Exception handling.
- Experience in modifying and using source code version with tools like SVN, GIT, and CVS.
- Excellent Technical, Communication and Interpersonal Skills with strong Customer Orientation, Client Interfacing Skills.
- Hands on experience in Camera, Wi-Fi, Sensors, Bluetooth, Telephony, Google Map, Firebase API, OAuth.
- Integrating third party Social APIs into Android apps such as Twitter, Facebook, Google , and YouTube.
Languages: C, C++, Java 8, Python, kotlin.
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8.1), Ubuntu, Mac
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL Server, Sybase, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQLLite3, relational.
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, Intellij, Net Beans, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD)
Web Servers/Services: JBoss, Web Logic, Web Sphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Profiler, Apache, SOAP, REST, WSDL, UDDI
Frameworks: Retrofit, Espresso, Glide, Picasso, Dagger, OKHttp, OAuth,.NET, CORDOVA
Version controls: SVM, GitHub, CVS, SVN, Clear Case, XCode 3.0.
Other Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Sonar, Fisheye, Taiga.io, GitHub, AEM, JNI, HAL, DevOps.
Database Tools: SQL Developer, TOAD 9.0, MSSQL Server Management Studio
XML Technologies: DOM, SAX, JAXP, JAXB, XML-RPC and XML Beans.
Android OS: Android 2.x to Android 8.x (Éclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice cream sandwich, Jellybean, Kit Kat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo).
Android Tools: OpenGL-ES, Phone Gap, Apache Cordova, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, NDK sensors, Beacons. OpenGL-ES, layout design, fragments, multi-threading, lifecycle, NDK sensors, multi-touch, profiling NFC, Beacons, Retrofit, Rxjava2, Dagger2, Butter Knife.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Worked in different phases of project life cycle like design, development, and testing of application for Android mobile devices.
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design, and development.
- Implemented web views, list views & populated lists from the database using simple adapters.
- Implemented Android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS, etc., from the app and designed suitable GUI for these applications.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes, and edit boxes.
- Designed downloading files and images by showing Progress Bar Activities and implemented the Status Bar.
- Responsible for SERVICES, ASYNC tasks, and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, Telephony API, and REST APIs.
- Experience in using dependency injector called Dagger to test the classes
- Experience in Android Integration framework tools like Espresso and Gradle.
- Experience using AWS to store and retrieve huge data by Client-Server interaction.
- Development access restriction features using Authentication and Authorization tokens.
- Embedded Confidential Maps API, GPS Location Data into the app with zooming controls.
- Responsible for the Saved data in the SQLite database.
- Modified Android manifest XML file to include all user permissions such as GPS, SMS READ /SEND / RECEIVE.
- Experience in Android Networking Libraries like Volley and OKHttp.
- Experience in integrating the application with analytics to log User Sessions and Touch Gestures.
- Involved in the development and enhancements of features to restrict the usage based on Authorization and Authentication tokens.
- Understanding system requirements, test case planning and execution, Functional testing, Integration Testing, Track issue records and reporting by using bug tracking tool.
- Experience in using communication protocols in a network using TCP IP and UDP protocols.
- Experience in the required GUI by making modifications to the XML files.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services.
- Worked on Continuous Integration and code version using GIT.
- Debugged application using ADB, Trace View, DDMS and Log Cat.
- Worked with JSON library to parse JSON files.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens.
- Worked with business stakeholders, creative teams, offshore teams and technical teams at all levels of an organization.
- Created multiple Content Providers with a native approach to handling UI asynchronous updates.
- Managed development with a team of Android developers, back-end developers, and front-end designers.
- Coded in Java using Android Studio, on the app in MVP architecture to achieve a complete separation of concerns, better code reusability, and a higher percentage of unit tests.
Environment: Android SDK 2.2, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, Android API's, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, GPS, ADT Plug-in, CVS (version control), JNI, Logcat, DDMS console.
Confidential, Renton, WA
- Interacted with business and development teams to analyze the user requirements.
- Developed different projects separately in both Eclipse and Android Studio.
- Creating various custom views for the application using standard Android components, database, services,and various UI widgets types.
- Designing and developing the Web Tier using JSP, Servlets, HTML, Struts and tiles framework.
- Created a real-time web platform using j Query Mobile, Flex, WCF Services, and TSQL stored procedures.
- Worked with Web Services team to implement the backend support.
- Worked on Android JMS App for Point-to-Point asynchronous messaging for high transactional Banking operation.
- Designed and developed several scripts using SQL and created a database using Oracle with stored procedures and triggers.
- Implemented the Spring Acegi Security for authenticating the customers.
- Synchronizing the server for getting the credit and due balances of the customer.
- Created a new XML layout with Android Map View to display the location Map and defined the layout that can be reused.
- Developed an app using the Google Play Services APIs like Web Services for directions and places in client applications.
- Created dynamic data-driven and interactive web pages using PHP, My SQL, and Apache.
- The designeda new version of the app by implementing register and login screens including UI and functionality.
- Experience using debugging tools such as DDMS, Logcat and android device monitor.
- Engaged in constructing automated unit testing, performing usability testing on UI, ad hoc testing based on test and fault models.
- Tested the application using Espresso and UI Automator automation tools.
- Used GIT for version control and Gradle as a build tool.
- Tested the app across various versions of Android and different Android mobile devices to assure quality and performance.
- Working on the video streaming by using UDP protocol which can be viewed on an android tablet
- REST web service interaction utilizing O Authauthentication and retrieved JSON response.
- Used Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Dalvik Debug Monitor Server, Android NDK Android Virtual Device, and Android Debug Bridge for development and debugging tool.
Confidential, Hillsboro, OR
- Developed the User Interface layers and the web modules for the activities including Home Screen, Sign In, Profile, Settings, and Questions.
- Worked with Broadcast Receivers to receive system notification which was later used to send out reminders.
- Used Android SDK 2.0 and Eclipse IDE for development.
- Utilized web-services (HTTP based, XML, SOAP, JSON or other services), in order to tie our applications to critical server-side APIs.
- Served as a technical lead within the company to develop the technology stack.
- Dalvik Debug MonitorServer (DDMS) for debugging and testing.
- Constructed the user interface by using list view, custom view, compound view, and various layouts.
- Used the Fragment capabilities to handle multiport views and different screen size devices.
- Tested the user interface implementing Espresso.
- Implemented Material design feature of Recycler View, toolbar, Card View.
- Tested the application on various devices and emulators to determine compatibility.
- Incorporated the communication between the application and the other Android applications backed by the customer.
- Integrating lessons from the internal server and made application flexible to update changes at any point of time using SVN.
- Implemented full social network integration with Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube SDKs.
- Created Widgets to help customers manage the launcher.
- Creating a SharePoint site for the Bid Smart Application.
- Handled JSON and Rest Client web services to get and send data.
- Debugged and tested the application using Electric.
- Created Selection widgets like List View using Array Adapters and Scroll View as per client need.
- Including support for backward animation using Nine Old Android library.
- Providing Support and Development on Lotus Notes in the project.
- Requirement gathering and preparing the detailed system designing document
- Performing testing and writing test cases.
- Providing support on Lotus Notes Mailing server.
- Implemented Dagger to work with a Dependency Injection environment to help with the unit testing.
Environment: Android Studio, Android 4.0 and up versions, Android SDK 4.1, Java 1.6, SQLite 3.0, Junit, DDMS
Confidential, Birmingham, Alabama
- Designed UI using views provided by Android and created custom views when required. Involved in updating the application UI and application data structure.
- Used various devices, which include tablets and phone with the latest AndroidOS to the application.
- Worked with Dialog Fragments for Pop-up and Used List Adapters, Spinners, and Loaders.
- Converted data from API into JSON format files and retrieve useful information using AJAX calls to display them on the browser.
- Push APK's through MOBI using local storage and Cordova plugins.
- Used JIRA to keep track of outstanding bugs, participating in daily standups, sprint reviews, Kickoffs.
- Created social login using Gigya API's. Integrated user social accounts with the express account.
- Development of custom Cordova (phone gap) plugins for Android.
- Used Ionic and Cordova framework for building the hybrid mobile app.
- Using PhoneGap/Cordova to access device APIs such as camera and geolocation to deploy an Android app.
- Used third-partySDKs and libraries like Crittercism, Apptentive, Google Analytics, Event Bus, Couch base, retrofit, and Picasso for tracking crashes and usage data, loading images, API calls.
- Created e2e test suites for all components and run them on the protractor.
- Involved in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application and worked on application designing, testing, deployment,and maintenance.
- Implemented zip code functionality using Location Manager API.
- Used PHP / MYSQL in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and PHP) environment for creating dynamic data-driven and interactive web pages.
- Developed and implemented many PhoneGap and Titanium applications along with Java and Objective-C plug-ins for iPad, iPhone, and Android platforms.
- Designed, development, testing, and implementation of WEB applications using Sencha Touch framework.
- Redesigned the cart checkout process with enhancements such as the accordion-style interface that acts as a guide to complete user purchase.
- Implemented widget plugin project using Search API, Content Providers, and database API.
- Developed business logic along with connecting the application to the server with REST web services.
- Used Async task to invoke web services and servlet calls in the background thread.
- Implemented Location-based service using Google Maps API that enables to search the nearest store located
- Python is used as an interface between the application and the client.
- Used ProGuardto removes unused code and resources in the release build.
Environment: Event Bus, Git, Bean Stack, Android 5.0, Android SDK, Java, Eclipse, ProGuard, Confidential Maps API, Android Emulator, NDK, SQLite, Linux/UNIX, XML.
- Used an agile methodology for developing the application.
- Deployed the application on the JBoss server using ANT tool using struts architecture with the JSP client
- Configured Struts Dyna Action Forms, Message Resources, Action Message, Action Errors, Validation.xml, and validator-rules.xml
- As part of the lifecycle development preparedthe class model, sequence model, and flow diagrams by analyzing Use cases using Rational Tools.
- Used Multi-Threading concepts in application Management for alternate uses and implemented Exception Handling and Errors.
- Reviewing and analyzinga data model for developing the Presentation layer and Value Objects.
- Extensive use of Struts Framework for Controller components and view components.
- Involved in writing the exception and validation classes using Struts validation rules.
- Used OR mapping tool Hibernate for the interaction with the database.
- Developed various java objects (POJO) as part of persistence classes for OR mapping.
- Developed web services using SOAP and WSDL with Axis for Integrating.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained an asynchronous, AJAX based rich client for improved customer experience using XML data and XSLT templates.
- Involved in writing the parsers for parsing and building the XML documents using SAX and DOM Parsers.
- Developed SQL stored procedures and prepared statements for updating and accessing data fromthe database.
- Developed the Dao’s using SQL and Data Source Object.
- Development carried out under Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Used JBoss for deploying various components of the application
- Used Ant for building Scripts.
- Used JUnit for testing and check API performance.
- Used log4j for application & error logging.
- Used Clear case Version Control for Project Configuration Management.
- Participated in the entire life cycle (Software Development Life Cycle) of the project right from the initial requirements gathering to the implementation.
- Used agile methodology and effectively took part in Scrum gatherings to deliver quality deliverables within time (extensively used Scrum Do for Project Management).
- Participated in business process analysis and requirement gathering for new customization.
- Created Use cases, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Extensively used Twitter Bootstrap to develop the front end of the application.
- Integrated Tiles 3 framework with Spring MVC to simplify the development of User Interface.
- Developed some part of the application using Spring-MVC and IOC/Dependency Injection integrating different layers of the application.
- Wrote DAO classes to interface with Database using hibernate.
- Defined Object Relational Mapping for Hibernate and performed spring integration with Hibernate for data access .
- Expertise in using Named queries to pull all HQL data using annotations .
- Performed version control using Subversion.
- Wrote code for consuming a Restful Web service with Angular JS .
- Created dynamic and interactive Data visualizations with D3 charts and Angular JS .
- Performed indexing and searching on large documents using Apache Lucene.
- Generated a complete maven project structure and added dependencies, plugins to pom.xml.
- Used Apache Tika for text attraction from documents
- Worked on providing authorization and authentication to applications using spring security and protected the application against attacks like session fixation and clickjacking.
- Implemented Java Persistence API (JPA) through Hibernate.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Developed logic and code for the registration and validation
- Learned and implemented Java design patterns like Front Controller, Service Locator, Business Delegate, and Data Access Object, Factory Pattern, Session Fade, etc .
- Used transaction Management to coordinate transactions among various resources in the application.
- Used Web Services to exchange information. Used SOAP framework and WSDL.
- Design and developed caching framework EhCache to cache the site data
- Used SoapUI to manually connect to the web server and check data.
- Parsed XML, JSON responses received in Java code through Web Services
- Used JUnit for test cases
- Extensively participated in the code and peer review of the project.
- Participated in meetings weekly status report and also involved in web operations with clients for gathering required information.