- 5+ years of experience in Design and Development of Android Applications using Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Android Studio, SQL, SQLite, Java, XML, JSON. Published Several Android Applications in Confidential Play store
- Android Developer with a solid understanding of the Android Application framework.
- Expertise in developing Android application using Android Studio, JAVA, KOTLIN, Android SDK
- Proficient with common Android framework APIs (Email, Web View, Maps, Telephony API, Camera, Contact Manager)
- Experience in working with SQLite Database, Confidential Maps API, and Push Notifications.
- Experience in various methodologies like of SDLC like Agile development and waterfall development.
- Worked with networking libraries like Retrofit, OKHTP, Volley
- Experience with Atlassian tools like Bit Bucket, JIRA.
- Designed GUI and interfaces with services for mobile applications, Asynchronous Programming in Android (such as Threads, Asynchronous Tasks, and Services).
- Strong knowledge of Web Services (SOAP, RESTful).
- Good understanding of JSON Parsing.
- Good understanding of MVP, MVVM.
- Co - worked with several agile teams by scrum, experience with GIT and Bitbucket.
- Having good knowledge on Android performance and debugging tools.
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills with an aptitude to learn innovative technologies.
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills and good abilities to communicate among team members.
Development Tools: Android Studio, XCODE, Eclipse, Net Beans 6.X
Debugging and Testing Tools: JUnit, DDMS, Logcat
Databases: MySQL, SQ Lite, Realm Database, Oracle RDBMS, MS Access
Programming Languages: JAVA, C, C++
Web Services: HTTP, Restful Web Services, XML, JSON, DOM parsers, SAX parsers
IDE: Android Studio, Intellij IDE, Eclipse
Operating System: Windows (2000/XP Professional, Windows 7, Windows 8).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked with android components such as activities, intents, services, and custom UI components such as Navigation Controller, Recycler View, Customized List View, Tab Layouts, menus, etc.
- Integrated various third-party libraries like Retrofit, ButterKnife, Dagger, RxJava into the app.
- Ensured and covered unit test cases for all the code written using JUnit and Roboelectric.
- Responsible for designing and developing the GUI elements by making required modifications to the xml.
- Consumed RESTful Web Services and parsed the JSON data using the third-party library GSON.
- Integrated location-based services using Maps API to display locations of the nearest Branches.
- Re-structured list views to use View Holder pattern with lazy loading for improved usability and lower memory footprint.
- Made a responsible function to handle user Logins and Logouts.
- Collaborated with the QA, testing team to re-create different scenarios and perform smoke, unit testing.
- Designed and deployed SQLite database to store huge amounts of data.
- Used Bitbucket for code collaboration and as version control system.
- Tracked issues using JIRA, updated status on the tasks using the common platform Basecamp.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, Android Studio, Bitbucket, XML, SQLite, JSON, Jira, Picasso, GSON, Agile, Restful WS.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Sr. Android Developer
- Involved in the requirement gathering, designing and developing of the application.
- Integrated third party libraries like Exo-player and adobe primetime library for video streaming.
- Implemented navigation help using Android Locations and used components using Maps API v.2 forward and reverse geo-location, Location service, and Geo Coding.
- Constructed HTTP requests, fetching server response and parsing feeds wherever required
- Worked on the local Data storage using Shared Preferences, SQLite databases and the file system.
- Worked with UI and team to design appropriate icon and display on the screen.
- Used Retrofit and RX-Java to replace existing out of date HTTP Client, working with JSON Array and JSON Objects.
- Implemented TDD testing mechanism and build Unit test cases using JUNIT.
- Developed by using Dagger dependency injection framework while creating observables on main thread and arbitrary loppers
- Developed user-friendly User-Interfaces (UI) using widgets like Menus, Dialogs, Layouts, Buttons, & Edit boxes; created selection widgets like List View using Array Adapters & Scroll View, Recycler View as per client needs
- Used Espresso and Cucumber as an Android test Automation framework to write powerful and robust automatic black-box test cases
- Used SCRUM-Agile software development method for managing application developments.
- Used GIT for code repository and maintaining current and historical versions of the source code.
Environment: Android SDK 4.4, Android Studio, JUnit, Espresso, SQLite, Dagger JSON, REST Web Services, NodeJS, XML, GIT, Agile.
- Designed the User Interface with the navigation bar, view pager.
- Implemented Multithreading for handling multiple requests and for high performance.
- Made Restful Service Calls using Library at various stages in application development cycle and parsed responses back from the web servers as per the application requirement
- Worked with Confidential Maps Android API V2 to display the all locations with markers using Geocoder
- Designed and created customize Dialog boxes.
- Involved in Designing the Database Schema and writing the complex SQL queries.
- Used AngularJS to create dynamic forms.
- Extensively worked on designing the layouts to be compatible with multiple screen sizes.
- Worked on testing the application using the JUnit testing framework.
- Used Web Services and networking to parse XML online data from the server.
- Responsible for testing the application on the stage, code review fixing bugs and providing production support.
- Created Angular components like Controller, Directives, Services and Forms to collect the input from the User.
- Developed web services for sending and getting data from different applications.
- Performed on-device debugging using ADB and tested application in both emulator and device.
Environment: Android Studio, Android 4.2 API (API level 17), IntelliJ IDEA, REST