- 15+ years of strong technical experience in building solutions using Java/J2EE and related technologies.
- Proficient in Microservices development using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix), Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Rabbit MQ, Restful Web Services.
- Experience in developing high volume web based Java/J2EE applications: Servlets, JSP, spring framework, REST, Junit/Testing Frameworks.
- Strong working experience using Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana) and implemented powerful distributed search capabilities using elasticsearch and Restful APIs.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture (WebSphere Message Broker (WMB), ESQL, MQ, JMS, XML, SOAP, JAX - WS) and Object Oriented Design.
- Expertise in database frameworks like hibernate, ibatis/mybatis and JPA.
- Worked on web/application servers WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat and IDE’s RAD, STS, VSC and Eclipse.
- Expertise in databases SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle, and DB2.
- Very good understanding and knowledge of Docker containerization and Cluster Management using Kubernetes.
- Strong in UML, Java Design Patterns,J2EE Design Patterns, Domain Driven Design, Enterprise Integration Patterns and documentation of requirements and design artifacts.
- Good understanding of Big Data technologies like Hadoop, hive and spark.
- Experience in using wide variety of version control tools like git, Rational Team Concert, Subversion, VSS and CVS.
- Architect & develop solutions and collaborate with other software architects to ensure that solutions are built in a consistent framework and adhere to organizational goals.
- Able to create, drive and complete POC’s (Proof of Concepts) to test new ideas and apply emerging technologies.
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration (Jenkins), unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests.
- Provides technical leadership and is responsible for developing components and the overall systems design.
- Strong background of Scrum/Agile/Iterative development process.
- Excellent operational knowledge of onsite-offshore model project execution, resource planning, team building, mentoring team member, and worked as project lead.
Programming Language: Java 8, J2EE7
Microservices: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Cloud Foundry,(PCF),Netflix OSS (Zuul, Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon)
RDBMS/ Databases:: SQL Server 2008, DB2, Java Stored Procedures, Oracle11g, TOAD, PL/SQL,DTS/SSIS Packages
ORM: Hibernate, Ibatis/ MyBatis
IDE: STS, Eclipse, RAD 6, WebSphere MQ Explorer 7, WMB Toolkit, Ruby Mine 4.0.3
Integration Technology: JAX-RPC, JAX-WS,JAX-RS, SOAP, JAXP, UDDI, XML, XSD, XSLT, JMS, XMLBeans, MQ, WebSphere Message Broker, IBM Case Manager 5.1.1
Web/App Servers: Tomcat, WebSphere 8.5, WebLogic 7
Design: UML, Rational Rose, Visio
Unit Testing: Junit, TestNG, Cucumber, Mockito
Defect Tracking Tool: Application Lifecycle Management(ALM), Rational Clear Quest, HP QC
Version Control Tool: GIT, RTC, SVN, VSS and CVS
Logging Tools: Log4j,Splunk
Formatting Tool: Apache FOP, iText, Apache POI
Build/Integration Tools: Apache Buildr, Jenkins, Maven
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Lead Java Developer
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Worked on new initiatives, participated in Future State Architecture discussions to define required design/architectural/technological changes to strengthen existing application.
- Designed and developed various application security strategies both at client and server side to mitigate known security issues aligned to Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) guidelines.
- Migrated existing dojo libraries to take advantage of AMD and new dGrid implementation as a part of performance improvement strategy.
- Proposed and designed a solution to improve one of the memory intensive operation involve document storage/retrieval/update operations by separating concerns to independent web component with document storage capabilities using FileNet.
- Migrated existing in-house framework to Spring MVC to improve request, response handling and other additional spring benefits.
- Performed product evaluations and Proof of Concepts (POCs) and recommended tools and technologies for efficient and cost-effective ways to develop software solution
- Developed JAX-WS & JAX-RS services on iSeries using PCML (Program Call) & data Queues
- Tested system components using various advanced testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito
- Written security code review standards artifact specific to the application and conducted reviews, walkthroughs, mentored and audited team members
- Fixed application defects found during various testing phases i.e. system integration, system accept, and user accept test
- Supported post production activities, worked on problem reports, performance improvement, and application defects
- Lead and guided the development team, provided technology solutions and coordinated development activities with offshore team
- Managed project release activities development, testing and deployment
Environment: J2SE 6,JEE 6,Spring MVC 3.2, Servlets, JSP, HTML, Bootstrap, jQuery, AngularJS, DOJO 1.9, JSON, Ajax, Junit, Mockito, IBM WebSphere Application Server v8.5,Spring Tool Suite(STS) 3.7,JMS,JAX-WS, JAX-RS Web services, Rational Team Concert(RTC),Maven, WebSphere MQ and ISeries
Sr. Programmer Analyst/ Project Lead
Confidential, St Paul, MN
- Research and come up with innovative ideas, new concepts, techniques, best practices and technology recommendations for various situations
- Worked with Solutions Architect to ensure smooth translation of requirements into application
- Implemented Struts MVC architecture and Spring Bean Factory using IOC and AOP concepts
- Identified reusable functionality and created various reusable utility classes
- Developed data access layer components to handle all database operations using Hibernate to interact with SQL Server
- Developed SSIS packages and scheduled them as database jobs on SQL Server 2005
- Developed business components to process product data and deliver product certifications in various output formats PDF, XML, and HTML using Apache FOP and XSLT
- Developed SOAP based JSX-WS web services (Provider & Client implementations).
- Coordinated development activities with offshore team
- Prepared Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Design Document using UML and Rational Rose
- Used Java/J2EE design patterns like MVC, Factory Method, Singleton, Data Transfer Object (DTO), and Service Locator in application component development.
- Integrated crystal reports into presentation layer and provided access based on the user security roles
- Created a stored procedure to perform the data access and business logic within database and return the results
- Used RAD for application development and deployed application on Web Sphere to integrate run time components and tools to develop applications
- Mentored a team of programmers through complete project life cycle activities to ensure successful project delivery
- Participated in unit testing and code reviews. Tested the application, kept tracking bugs, fixed reported issues/bugs, and implemented change requests
- Developed application components to interact with Confidential interfaces to get the product, order, and customer information using, J2EE and EJB with web interface developed using struts
- Document all technical requirements and design technical solutions utilizing enterprise architecture standards including documenting all solution components and configurations
- Developed service layer module using EJB 3.0, MDB, JMS, Session Façade, and Transfer Object (TO) patterns, persistence (business) layer module using Hibernate framework
- Developed Java Stored Procedures and moved them to QA, staging, and production environments
- Major part in supporting the production systems and became point of contact for business and offshore team
- Involved in performance tuning of application to meet nonfunctional requirements
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- Coded new and enhanced development objectives; analyzed objectives and problems specified
- Assisted in project management of system enhancements as necessary
- Met difficult technical challenges and tight deadlines
- Troubleshoot and diagnose client issues and resolved them in an efficient and timely manner
- Stored, retrieved, and manipulated data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- Implemented event handling, event dispatching and thread safety, multithreading implementation using SwingWorker
- Worked on development of geographical map representations using JXMapKit and Java 2D
Environment: Java 6.0, Swing labs JXMapKit, Java Mail, XML, XStream, Oracle 10g, Eclipse JavaEE IDE 1.3.2, PVCS VM, and PVCS Tracker
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Contributed in development of robust and scalable web application based on Confidential home grown framework.
- Worked on construction of core web framework with capability to support case management activities or its life cycle events.
- Developed loosely coupled, independent User Interface using frontend technologies FTL, Atom UI, jQuery & angular JS.
- Manage overall system performance and application health by developing system metrics and performance dashboards.
- Worked with multiple teams UX, Prototype, Services and Backend (Activiti, EXPAG, and IBM Case management) and engaged in solution designing sessions to transition business requirements into technical artifacts.
- Implemented Rest client services to integrate with external systems.
- Worked on service project (CMRSV) and developed cohesive, scalable microservices using JAX-RS in Microservice architecture.
- Created & Implemented Rest Service controllers using Spring Boot & Spring Cloud framework with built-in tomcat support.
- Configured and registered REST services with Netflix Eureka for service discovery and handled fault tolerance using Hystrix.
- Built data repositories using Spring Data JPA to interact with RDBM’s database (Oracle).
- Implemented individual project (business area) specific needs or customizations.
- Participated in release planning, created Serena release packages, coordinated with devOps in deployments and perform pre and post release validations/checkouts in non-PROD environments.
- Worked on defect analysis and debugging PROD incidents.
- Contributed to application performance improvement by analyzing performance issues, improving search and pagination techniques.
- Design and developed following single page ancillary applications using Bootstrap, Chart JS, Knockout JS, Angular JS, JQuery and RESTful services
- Application Performance Dashboard: To monitor application specific and server specific performance metrics of various IBM Case Management components deployed in non-prod environments
- UI client for FileNet 4 conversion: It’s a client with capability to search and view case/task/process data stored in legacy system.
- Providing technical solutions in Institutional Client Servicing ICS & Institutional Servicing (IS) space on IBM Case Management platform (CM).
- Building CM Integrations with other Confidential internal systems.
- Design and Development of new widgets for IBM Case Client.
- Solution design & development for document archival using Mobius and FileNet CE.
- Responsible for architectural and design artifacts for technical solutions.
- Worked with upstream systems in streamlining case processing message flows using IBM Integration bus and coded service interactions, message transformations and designed message flows.
- Conducting Proof of Concepts (POCs) to build new UI for CM
- Implemented JAX-RS services and Java components to interact with FileNet API’s.
- Providing technical guidance to team, participating in requirements and solution design meetings.
Environment: IBM Case Management 5.1.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server v7,FileNet, IBM Integration Bus v9, JAX-RS,J2SE 6,JEE 6, HTML, jQuery, DOJO 1.9, JSON, Ajax, Junit, JMS, Rational Team Concert(RTC),Maven, Gradle and WebSphere MQ, J2SE 7,JAX-RS,JEE 7,Spring 4.0.5,Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Batch, Spring Data, Netflix OOS(Eureka, Zuul, Hystrix, Ribbon),Servlets, XML,HTML, FreeMarker(FTL), jQuery, AngularJS 4.2.4, JPA, MyBatis, JSON, Ajax, Bootstrap, ChartJS, Knockout JS, Junit, Mockito, JMS, GIT, Jira, Gradle and WebLogic 12c .
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Sr. Consultant (Microservices)
- Design, build and deploy micro services apps using Java, Spring Suite and Netflix OSS.
- Conducted proof of concept and implemented a solution to securely store sensitive data or configurations by leveraging Spring Cloud starter projects with Hashicorp’s vault.
- Build solution to externalize and manage configurations for multiple environments using Spring Config Server.
- Implemented Netflix Zuul as gateway /edge server/proxy server to load balance requests, and route authenticated and authorized JWT tokens to downstream services.
- Worked on Jenkins pipelines to build, publish artifacts to nexus and deploy apps to PCF (Pivotal Cloud foundry).
- Configure and bind services on PCF for deployed apps.
- Auto scale service to automatically adjust app instances based on the load.
- AppDynamics service to monitor app health and statistics.
- Wrote batch scripts to automate and run HDFS data load to hive tables for Elastic Search ingestion.
- Generated ES queries using spring data and Jest elastic search API and Integrated with in-house Elastic Search proxy.
- Strengthen the security on elastic search clusters by configuring LDAP user groups and role based entitlements.
- Design and implement solution to support 40K JSON records in single request using elastic search scroll API.
- Implemented data aggregations using ES aggregations capability to help investigators to visualize the data on client applications.
- Written API definitions or contract in RAML and deployed to anypoint mulesoft.
- Integrated Jenkins pipelines with SonarQube to generate code analysis reports to improve code quality.
- Helped internal teams to setup infrastructure and providing technical solutions.
- Worked with global architecture team and other stakeholders to find solutions to improve app health, response time, strengthen infrastructure, monitoring, distributed tracing and many more.
Environment: Java 8, spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, and Elastic search, Kibana, AppDynamics, Netflix OSS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Hive, Spark and Hadoop.
Sr. SOA Developer
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
- Developed service contracts, reusable data centric and business centric composite services in Service Oriented Architecture using JAX-WS & JAX-RS.
- Integrated various external and internal systems using service interactions and orchestration
- Coded MQ message flows, message transformations, mappings, custom nodes, broker nodes, java compute nodes and ESQL nodes
- Written data access layer components in java and data mapper objects using MyBatis framework for database interactions with oracle, MSSQL server and DB2,used Spring JMS integration layer and built efficient business components to process MQ messages
- Followed agile methodology for development of tasks and stories assigned to sprints
- Implemented open source technologies, utilities for xml validation, message transformation, binding endpoints, mime type, encoding, caching, string manipulations
- Implemented message encryption, encoding and service security
- Written unit tests using Junit/Mockito and Cucumber tests for integration/acceptance testing using Ruby
- Build, Integration, deployment and version control of source code, build artifacts like jars and WebSphere message broker archive files (BAR) using Apache buildr, Jenkins tools, nexus and subversion (SVN)
- Defect fixing and tracking using Application Life cycle management(ALM) tool and followed promote process to QA, UAT and Production
Environment: Java 1.6,Webpshere Message Broker 7, WebSphere MQ 7,WAS 8,WSS7,Servlet,JAX-WS,JAX-RS,XML, XSD,WDL, JMS, MBD, Xpath, SOAP, DOM, SAX, Ruby, Ruby Mine, Cucumber, Junit, Mockito, SVN, Apache XMLBeans, Apache CXF, Apache Tika, xstream, Oracle 11, MSSQL Server, Jenkins, Buildr, Linux, Windows 7