- Over 6 years of IT experience in analysis, design, implementation and testing of Object - Oriented Applications using Java/J2EE, Android.
- 5 years’ experience in Android application development, using web-based and native application.
- Good exposure in troubleshooting, debugging and testing android applications.
- Expertise in using Android Studio, Eclipse IDE, SQLite, JAVA, XML, Android SDK, ADT plug-in, and Gradle build system in the development of applications for Android operating system.
- Strong skills and Knowledge in integrating third-party libraries like Dagger, Retrofit, Picasso, GSON, and Butter-Knife into the Gradle and using them for improving performance of the application.
- Proficient in Android application framework: Activities, Intents, Services, and Content Provider.
- Experience with Android storage mechanisms like SQLite database, Internal Storage and Shared preferences for storing the application data.
- Hands on experience on AsyncTask, Handlers, Threads, Background Service, Custom Toast and Notifications, AIDL, Fragments, GCM and 3rd party Notifications.
- Used android content providers for implementing features like sending E-mails, SMS from the app.
- Used GIT, SVN and Bit bucket for source code version controlrepositories in dynamic team environment.
- Good understanding of Web Services, XML Parsing, JSON, and Phonegap.
- Experienced in using debugging tools like Log cat, Log Viewer, ADB, fast-boot and Hcidump.
- Implemented the Confidential maps with forward and reverse geo-coding.
- Experience with PHP and JSP for server side operations such as databases.
- Extensive experience in development with comprehensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), various phases like Requirements Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Solid understanding of Java/J2EE architecture, objectoriented principles and Object oriented analysis design and development for mobile and enterprise applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and quick learning skills with strong presentation skills and ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Innovative thinking and contributing new ideas to make apps better in terms of functions and customer friendliness.
Languages & technologies: JAVA, HTML5, CSS3, XML
Frameworks: Android SDK, Java Development Kit (JDK)
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, Visual Studio
Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access
Platforms: Android 2.2(API level 8) to Android 7.1(API level 25), Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, iOS
Version Control: Git,BitBucket, SVN, CVS, Jira
Tools: /Libraries: Retrofit, ButterKnife, Dagger2, GSON, Espresso, Picasso, Glide, Mockito, Proguard, EventBus, Wireshark
Design Patterns: MVP, MVC, Singleton, Adapter, Command, Observer, Builder, DAO, Factory Pattern
Sr. Android Developer
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in developing the UI for the app using TextViews, Buttons, Check boxes, Alert dialogs, Action bar and spinners for various layouts.
- Worked on wide use of application framework like content providers, content resolver, AsyncTask, AlertDialog.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features
- Collected the requirements with the client and documented the requirements
- Involved in requirement gathering, UI design and development
- Implemented functionality based on the business requirements for major releases
- Extensively tested alpha releases with JUNIT 3 and Robotium.
- Responsible for developing JUnit Test Case Classes, Test Suite in Integration environment.
- Regularly followed up with Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing and performance tuning.
- Supported the design, development, testing and implementation of new business and support applications
- Implemented different activities like Products, photoscan, product search Offers, New releases etc.
- Worked closely with the testing team as per mockup.
- Used GIT for project management and version control.
- Used JSON to fetch data from the server using RESTful web services.
- Implemented List views for displaying new releases.
- Provided subsequent releases which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
Environment: AndroidSDK, EclipseIDE, AndroidAPIs, GoogleAPIs, JNI, J2ME, JDK, UNIX, LINUX, RESTWebservice, JSON, JUNIT 3, SQLite, GPS service, Log cat.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Senior Android Application Developer
- Participated in all the phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) which includes Development, Testing, Re-Design
- Implementation and Maintenance.
- Involved in collecting client requirements and preparing the design documents.
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
- Involved in full life cycle of the application including sprint planning, prototypes, design, develop and test.
- Implemented Fragments, Activities.
- Developed different features for the application.
- Worked on linear, frame and relative layouts.
- Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Implementing Broadcast Receivers for Android.
- Utilized GPS location-based services and Confidential Maps API to enable Confidential map search for locations in close proximity.
- Worked on Java Native Interface (JNI).
- Enabled GPS/Wi-Fi to detect user location from where to begin searching.
- Refactored the code base to optimize start-up time and memory usage.
- Integral in internationalizing of the app to support different languages.
- Key resource for layout and UI work utilizing xml, Views, Webview, ListView, Menu Item, Activities, Fragments, Frame, Animations, Notifications, Carousel, Push Notifications, Loaders, AsyncTask, handler etc.
- Used web view to show html 5 pages.
- Improved crashes handling, and made the application awesomely stable.
- Experience in XML parsing on client side using JSON, implemented DOM-based implementation of feed parser.
- Took care of Code Review, Code Fixes and bug Fixes.
Environment: Java (JDK 1.6 - 1.8), Android SDK (1.6 to 8.0), Android studio, Windows 7, GCM, MIS SDK(Internally developed tool for tracking) and AppsFlyer (analytics tracker), Git (code repository) Jackson Parser, JSON, XML
- Tested the app across different versions of Android and different android ones to assure quality and performance.
- Designing and developing user interfaces using Android XML.
- Developed business logic of the application.
- Implemented location-based API using Location Manager.
- Discussed the requirements with the client and documented the requirements.
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Used AsyncTask, Handler, Threads, Service, and IntentService to implement multi-threaded applications.
- Involved in developer testing by porting the app on multiple devices with various screen sizes.
- Involved in debugging and resolving the bugs.
Environment: Java, Android SDK, SVN, SQLite, RESTful, XML, JSon Parsing, Confidential Maps.
Java/ J2EE developer
- Coordinated with team members in gathering system requirements and specifications required for the redesign.
- Involvement in architectural and design discussions.
- Helped the project team to identify the suitable technology tools required for the projects.
- Designed and developed the Application based on Model-View-Controller architecture.
- Involved in analysis, design, Coding and development, Implementation phase of the modules.
- Involved in technical design and the architecture.
- Involved in Bug Fixing (Debugging) of the application.
- Involved in Developing User Interfaces using HTML and JSP's.
- Involved in developing database using SQL server.
- Used Apache Ant as the software build tool.
- Used SVN tools for version control and management.
Junior Java Developer
- Involved in design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of application
- Involved in the development of patient module application as per the client requirement using Core Java, JSP, Struts and JDBC.
- Used Struts Framework for implementing the MVC Architecture.
- Actively involved in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in communicating, coordinating meetings with the client and taking the requirements.
- Involved in fixing the bugs posted in JIRA tool.
- Proactively participated in the developer meetings conducted by the client and explained the project flow and database mapping.
Environment: JAVA, Struts2, Spring Framework, Apache Tomcat, AJAX.