- Having 7 years of professional experience in designing, implementing and deploying commercial Enterprise Applications for Multi - tiered-distributed software products and distributed applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Experience in defining and designing the layers, components of the project using OOAD methodologies and standard J2EE patterns and guidelines.
- Expertise in working with Spring, Struts, JSF, EJB, Ajax, SOAP and REST Web Services and JSON, Hibernate.
- Experience in using Maven and ANT for build automation.
- Expertise in designing and developing enterprise and web applications using java and J2EE technologies like Core Java, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, XML, JUNIT, HTML, Java Script and CSS.
- Familiar with application performance management tools like NewRelic or AppDynamics.
- Proficient in developing components using Angular JS, Ajax, JQuery and etc.
- Good exposure on design patterns like Front Controller, Data Access Object (DAO), Data Transfer Object (DTO), Session Façade, Service Locator and Singleton.
- Worked with Relational Database Management Systems including Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and DB2.
- Expertise in using version control systems such as CVS, clear case, SVN and GIT.
- Proficient in using XML Suite of Technologies (XML, XSL, XSLT, DTD, XML Schema, SAX, DOM)
- Proficient in developing and deploying Java/J2EE applications on Application Servers - JBOSS, MS SQL, IBM web sphere, web logic and Apache Tomcat.
- Competent in Database development using SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, views, cursors and Triggers.
- Experience in using Eclipse IDE, RSA, RAD, WSAD for development and JBoss server for deployment.
- Experience in writing Struts action classes, Hibernate POJO classes and integrating Struts and Hibernate with spring for processing business needs.
- Improved Auto Quote application by designing and developing it using Eclipse, XHTML, HTML, Servlets and Java Script.
- Performed building and deployment of EAR, WAR, JAR files on test, stage systems in Web Logic Application Server.
- Strong in Kafka, and in memory cache like Redis/Memcache
- Strong knowledge about Multithreading, Collections and Exception handling mechanisms in Java.
- A good team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate work across different geographic locations.
- Knowledge in developing applications using Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java (J2SE & J2EE), SQL and PL/SQL
JEE/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JSTL, EJB, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, JAXB, JAX-WS
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, AJAX, SOAP, WSDL,ILOG JRULES
XML Technologies: SAX, DOM, DTD, XSD, XML, XSLT
Distributed Technologies: RMI, EJB and Web Services
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL,Redis,NoSql
App/Web Servers: Tomcat, Web Logic, IBM’s WebSphere
Versioning Software: CVS, PVCS, Visual SourceSafe
Framework: Struts 1/2, JSF, Spring 2.0, Hibernate 3.0
Tools: ANT, Maven, JUnit, Log4J, SoapUI
IDEs: Eclipse, NetBeans, Web logic Workshop, WSAD
XML Editors: XML Spy, Stylus Studio
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows,Linux,Cassandra
Sr. Java/ J2EE Developer
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Developed interactive module to capture the customer information, developed services to process Customer information and these services are orchestrated using JAX-WS, SOAP based web services and MULE-ESB
- Developed as service component to consumed different customer/ pricing / medical rule published in expert system developed using ILOG J Rules and exposed Rule Component as a web service to external client.
- Developed web service implementations using Apache CXF (Generated the java files from the WSDL) and adapted top down approach to publish these services.
- Registered the services as the consumer and provider with the Web Sphere application server.
- Consumed various CXF Services developed in various locations in our enterprise environment.
- Developed user interface to capture customer info, registration login and details module using Spring MVC, JSP Custom Tags and Tag libraries, EL and Tiles.
- Involved in development of DAO layer using Gem fire. Used Gem fire Annotations to persist the data into Oracle Database.
- Experience with automation testing frameworks like TestNg, Cucumber, Archillion
- Used Spring Source Tool for the Java, JEE development, TOAD for Database development. Used Maven tool for the Project management and for the purpose of compile, run, deploy and to add external dependencies.
- Maintained different development, integration, QA environments by defining server instances, admin components associated with the development like JDBC and JMS configurations and deployed the application deployable.
- Familiar with logging tools like LogStash or Splunk
- Developed Unit test cases using JUnit 3 & 4 to unit test the business scenarios associated with the ever use case.
- Performed Code Reviews and mentoring, involved in triaging and fixing the production issues
Environment: Windows 7, Spring Tool Suite, HTML 5, Tortoise SVN, ILOG JRULES, JQuery, Java Script, Ajax, Splunk, JAX-WS, Mule, Tomcat Server, Cucumber, WSRR, Hibernate, Postgres & Maven
Sr. Java Engineer
Confidential, Harriburg, PA
- Worked closely with the customers and involved in reviewing and understanding the Business requirements.
- Actively involved in requirement understanding discussion, technical architecture discussion, knowledge sharing, design discussion with Customers and Offshore team members.
- Developed single page web application using Angular JS for front end.
- Involved in developing the Controller framework using Annotated REST based Spring controller.
- Involved in setting up the application Service layer using Spring IOC framework.
- Used Oracle data base for storage and retrieval of data from the database.
- Involved in setting up multi data source Spring-IBatis integration, created configurations for AOP transactions.
- Developed Web services using Apache Axis SOAP engine that would be exposed to external applications to retrieve data from e-Client servicing platform.
- Involved in developing Servlet based services for cross region system communication.
- Involved in application specific Data modeling and used Hibernate frame work.
- Involved in writing ANT build scripts for building front end frameworks, controller layer, service frameworks, Web service modules.
- Involved in assigning work to the team members, technical guidance to the team and reviewing the deliverables from offshore to ensure the deliverables with high quality.
Environment: Websphere Application server 7.0, Spring 3.1.1, IBatis, Unix, Oracle 10i, Angular JS, Rational Application Developer 7.5.4, Axis Web services 1.4, Java/J2EE, Spring, SOAP web services, Restful web services, Multithreading, JMS, JSF, JUNIT 3.0, ANT, CVS, Apache axis2 and CXF.
- Interacted with Business Users to capture business needs, functional needs, managing expectations, and reviewing deliverables to ensure a successful implementation.
- Used UML for designing class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Used Spring Framework for DI (Dependency Injection), Transaction Management and AOP.
- Implemented MVC architecture using Spring framework.
- Configured Spring IOC container to manage Lifecycle of Service Objects.
- Configured hibernate with SQL Server, configured data sources in web sphere.
- Interfaced with the Oracle back-end using Hibernate Framework and XML configuration files.
- Assisted with development environment concerns, such as deploying Struts applications on IBM Web sphere, Workspace configuration & Server setup.
- Design and Developed using WebService using Apache CXF.
- Used JSON for data exchange between application modules along with XML.
- Defect analysis and finding the resolution of the defect raised by the user.
- Reviewed Test plan, involved the Testing phase
- Automated & integrated the JUnit test.
- Fixed bugs, providing production support & enhanced the applications with additional features.