- Software Architect with over 20 years of experience possessing a strong commitment to delivering high quality designs and code.
- Ability to contribute during all phases of the project life cycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, delivery and support.
- In addition to extensive technical experience, ability to understand business factors and develop software solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technologies.
- Design and development experience in many types of systems from mobile applications to multi - tier enterprise systems to Eclipse plug-ins.
- Ability to design and develop both client and server solutions.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team, including in leadership and mentoring roles.
Databases: Oracle, Postgres, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix.
Software: Eclipse, Intellij, Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio.
Confidential, Tampa, FLSenior Manager
- Designed and developed a reusable Chat component for Confidential applications.
- Responsible for full stack development including the backend REST web services that acted as an API proxy to the Confidential Chat Server web services as well as several React components to implement a responsive web design.
- Designed and developed several React components including the backend REST web services using Spring and Java as well as the data access layer using both SQL queries and Spring Data support on top of EclipseLink.
- Instrumental in creating a reusable React component library shared by multiple Confidential applications. Responsible for identifying common components and making them configurable enough to be used in several different applications.
Senior Manager, Tampa, FL
- Designed and developed bidirectional integrations between Workday and several downstream integration partners using Confidential Integration Server.
- This included several web service, message queue and ftp integrations.
- Created Ant build scripts to create and deploy Confidential Integration Bus artefacts as well as the CI/CD definitions using Visual Studio Team Services.
- Performed functional enhancements to the Confidential internal search engine called Fathom. Developed changes to the underlying search systems with Fusion (Solr), TwigKit and several JSP pages.
Senior Systems Architect, Tampa, FL
- Designed improvements to high volume transactional ticket system written in Java to make it more scalable and robust.
- Designed and developed integration with several third parties to implement optimal ticket routing that reduced gas usage and increased the number of tickets worked per user.
- Designed and developed many front end features for a fat Java client developed in Swing.
- Lead the design of most new projects. Implemented a code review process to ensure code quality.
Applications Developer Lead, Tampa, FL
- Performed role as Technical Lead for Agile project, managing several onshore and offshore resources. Worked with all groups to complete successful agile sprints.
- Designed and developed the front end portal for the CTIM Telephony Administration web application. This web application used Spring MVC for the web layer with jsp pages as the view technology.
- Designed and developed several CRUD screens which the offshore resources used as a guide for developing other CRUD screens.
- Designed and developed the service and dao layers using Spring for a front end web application, an axis web application as well as a stand alone java process.
- Added support for Spring security to manage authentication from external SSO system.
- Created separate web application to monitor health of backend telephony processes. Consisted of several REST web services on the backend as well as an AJAX based Rich Internet Application on the front end.
- Nominated for and certified as Application Security Champion. Responsible for remediation of all security vulnerabilities for the application.
Principal Architect, Tampa, FL
- Designed and developed the Personal Cloud Information Manager and the SalesDesk Social CRM products including the web client, IOS client and the backend services to support those products.
- Designed and developed the backend JEE web application. Responsible for implementing many of the REST web services.
- Designed and developed the backend data layer using JPA against a MySQL database for small data sets. For large data sets that required fast searches we used a combination of Cassandra, a high availability, scalable database and SOLR, an enterprise search platform that supports full text searching.
- Designed and developed a reusable java framework to integrate with external applications. This included support for oauth integration for secure authorization as well as the ability to communicate with rest web services and soap web services. Personally developed the code to integrate with Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Dun and Bradstreet, SalesForce and many more.
- Designed and developed the entire IOS client for our IPad/IPhone application written in Objective C. This included all of the UI controllers, views, as well as the infrastructure to communicate with our backend REST services and the use of the IOS CoreData framework for persistence.
Software Principal Architect, Tampa, FL
- Designed and developed many of the MyEclipse for Spring development tools for the Eclipse Platform. The product consists of a set of model driven development (MDD) tools allowing users to generate fully functional Spring web applications entirely through modeling.
- Applications can be generated from a variety of input sources including Java Beans, JPA entities, database tables and Spring Confidential domain objects.
- Designed and developed the generation engine which allows users to customize not only what is generated, but also the generation process itself.
- Responsible for implementing the generation of the different supported web clients, namely Spring MVC, Spring WebFlow, GWT, Flex, JSF and IPhone for the web.
- Responsible for implanting the code to import a WSDL and generate the java classes required to interact with the external Web Service.
- Responsible for implementing the generation of the required supporting files to enable Spring Security for a Spring web application.
- Implemented many of the domain specific language ( Confidential ) editors that allow the user to alter the model which can affect the code or configuration that is generated.
- Designed and developed the Spring Web Flow editor. The editor was implemented using the Eclipse Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) and allows the user to model their entire Spring Web Flow application visually.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Principal Software Architect
- Designed and developed the Web Architect, an html form painter that allows users to layout html pages. The Web Architect allows customers to create their own windows as well as to customize standard windows during implementation.
- Functionality includes adding and removing database tables and columns using a drag and drop interface as well as inserting business logic in predefined user events to perform calculations, validations and data manipulations.
- Designed and developed a thin client version of our front end solution making heavy use of JSP technology. This included developing our own tag libraries.
- Designed and developed several Servlets that provided functionality such as request dispatching, template processing and file uploading.
- Designed and developed the menu subsystem used by all Confidential applications.
- Designed and developed the Menu Architect, a tool that allows users to customize their menus and secure access to system resources.
- Designed and developed the Confidential subsystem which provides a standard interface for lookups based on a sql query. A Confidential definition can be used from anywhere in the application to display results to a user, to perform validation or to simply retrieve a result set.
- Designed and developed the Confidential Architect, a tool that allows users to customize their lookups.
- Designed and developed the security system that allows administrators to secure their environment by limiting or permitting access to system resources.
- Participated in integration projects with several external systems employing many different technologies.
- Served as a mentor for both junior and senior developers.