- Total 12+ years of Professional Experience in IT
- 4+ years of experience in Hadoop, Spark Dev/Admin and Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of sound experience in Business Intelligence Reporting & Big Data
- 5+ years of experience in Vmware & Cloud Computing
- Technical skills include Hadoop, Spark, Tableau, Platfora, Actuate & VMware
- Analyzed large data sets by running Hive queries
- Created Hive tables, and loading and analyzing data using hive queries
- Involved in running Hadoop jobs for processing millions of records of text data
- Developed Simple to complex Jobs using Hive.
- Writing the more analytical queries using Hive.
- Implemented more optimization techniques while writing the hive queries.
- Involved in loading data from LINUX file system to HDFS
- Responsible for managing data from multiple sources
- Having good knowledge on YARN.
- Having good knowledge on OOZIE workflows.
- Exporting analyzed data to relational databases using Sqoop.
- Having a good Knowledge on Mongo DB
- Knowledge on Python and Scala languages
- Extensive experience working with Business Intelligence data visualization tools with specialization on Tableau & Platfora
- Innovative Decision Making traits with Good communication skills.
- Works effectively with colleagues and key BI staff to investigate and document business functions, processes, information flows and data structures using various methodical and consistent development techniques.
- Investigates issues and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take. Communicates the impact of decisions to stakeholders.
Environment: Hadoop, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Spark, Cloudera Manager, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Oozie, Flume, Sqoop, LINUX and Big Data
Programming: Scala, Python
Development Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ
NO SQL DB’S: Mongo DB, HBase, Cassandra
RDBMS: SQL Server 2005\2008\2012
BI Tools: Tableau, Tibco Spotfire (6.0, 6.5 & 7.0), Platfora, Actuate
Operating System: Windows 2000 Server, Windows2003 Server, XP, Linux
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
Sr. Hadoop Analyst
Technical Skills: HDFS, Hive, Hive2, Impala, Cloudera Manager, YARN, Spark, Sqoop, Oozie, Autosys .
- Responsible for end to end development for the client.
- Involved in gathering the requirements, designing, development and testing
- Load and transform large sets of structured, semi structured using Hive.
- Responsible to manage data coming from different sources.
- Created Hive tables to store the processed results in a tabular format.
- Creating Hive tables, dynamic partitions, buckets for sampling and worked on them using HQL
- Experienced with optimizing techniques to get better performance from Hive queries
- Importing and exporting data into HDFS and HIVE tables using Sqoop.
- Created the customized hive UDFs.
- Writing the script files for processing data and loading to HDFS
- Storing and retrieved data using HQL in Hive.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure and Cluster maintenance including creation and removal of cluster nodes.
- Responsible for setting up Hive structures, helping users troubleshoot issues with Hive/Impala/Spark/Sqoop, and migrating the structures between environments.
- Monitor Hadoop cluster job performance, end - to-end performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop Map/Reduce routines against very large data sets.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with business analysts and data and network architects.
- Administer and monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security, maintain security according to best practices and company's standards.
- Perform Hadoop clusters backup and recovery.
- File system management and monitoring, Hadoop HDFS support and maintenance.
- Manage and review Linux and Hadoop log files.
- Collaborate with other teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
- Team with the infrastructure, database, and business analytics teams to guarantee high data quality and availability and to troubleshoot Hadoop issues.
- Point of Contact for Vendors escalations.
- Lead a team of 30+ developers to deliver a Hadoop based project . Mainly involved in architecting the solution around hadoop and hadoop ecosystem technologies
- Platfora Product Installation & version Upgrade
- Responsible to setup the cluster node (Master & Child nodes) for the Platfora Application
- Key contributor to increase cluster size from 10 nodes to 37.
- Responsible to manage data coming from different sources and involved in HDFS maintenance and loading of structured and unstructured data.
- Building Spark and Spark SQL based platform for financial analytics
- Building real time event processing system based on spark streaming to handle real time payment information
- Manage and Review HDFS log
- Responsible in taking the back up of HDFS, objects, Users and groups
- Monitor the MapReduce jobs
- Create Datasets, Lens & Vizboards
- Deploy the visualizations from SIT to PROD environment
- Assigning security roles to the users on Platfora
- Handsome experience in Linux admin activities
Technical Skills: Tableau Server V 7.0/8.0/8.1/8.2 , Tableau Desktop, Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, Excel, Windows 2008 R2
- Developed Tableau dashboards according to user specifications.
- Extensively used Data Blending techniques in dashboard development.
- Supported different user groups and business domains.
- Good knowledge of tableau server, administrative functions, installation, configuration, back up of servers and load balancing techniques.
- Defined architecture for Tableau - establish Dev/QA/Prod environments
- Responsible for security configuration including user/ group setup, permissions, security roles, configuration of trusted ticket authentication
- Setup new projects, security groups, roles and administer users for all supported platforms
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Monitoring of Tableau Servers for its high availability to users.
- Worked on Tableau Server upgrades for new versions.
- Providing Tableau Demo’s to new on boarding users.
- Developed worksheets and data visualization dashboards with graphs and filters.
- Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Develop monthly reports and dashboards.
- Created calculated fields as per business requirement.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Involved in Production support for Tableau.
Actuate iServer Administrator
Technical Skills: Actuate 9.0, 10.0, Actuate E-Spreadsheet Designer 8.0, 126.96.36.199, Actuate IDE, Actuate Active Portal: 8.0, 9.0, and 10.0, BIRT: Birt Pro Designer
- Administered the Actuate Report iServer and Active Portal for Java using management Console
- Created Roles, Privileges and templates using Management Console
- Uploaded Reports on iserver of Client with "Page Level Security"
- Actuate report deployment from SIT to UAT and then to PROD
- Proficient in deploying jar/class/properties files along with database configuration xml file updates and tnsnames.ora/odbc.ini updates
- Was responsible for creating specifications covering functional, technical design of different reports
- Used various features of Actuate like Data Filters, Single Input Filter, Memory Data Sorter, E-spreadsheet, Dynamic Frames and Controls
- Develop various reports including master detail, Cross-Tab, Sub-reports, Sequential and Parallel
Infrastructure Management Analyst
Technical Skills: ESX 4.1/4.0/5.0, ESX 3.5, ESXi, VSphere 3, 4 & 5, VI3, Virtual Center Server, P2V, V2V, Storage VMotion, HA, DRS, Management Assistant, Vmware Vsphere Client, Vmware View 4 Server Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000, 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2.
- Configured & Deployed ESX/ESXi server in corporate production environment.
- Used automation scripts to minimize error level in day to day VMware operations.
- Leveraged VMware Infrastructure Implementation and Consolidation expertise to implement Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) migrations, blade server capacity planning, high availability and failover settings (where applicable) on newly installed blade servers and existing rack-mount servers, training of the existing IT staff on its purpose and proper use and documentation
- Averted catastrophic downtime and extravagant recovery costs on multiple occasions by preemptively creating virtualized copies of all critical servers in conjunction with custom developed rapid-deployment templates for XP and Server 2003 VM’s
- Played role as a VMware/Windows Admin to provide L3 support in a complex Environment.
- Design, Installation, configuration of VMware Site Recovery Manager. Had run failover-Failback tests over the bidirectional SRM.
Technical Support Engineer
- Supported Siebel application installed on multiple computers at the office site
- Installed and Configured the application on all the computers in the office and also at the client site for all the Technical Support Engineers to use it for ticketing purpose
- Trained new hires on Siebel and prepared documentation on the navigation part inside Siebel OneView
- On call support for the clients using the software