- 11.8 years experience in the Java/J2EE based enterprise application development along with System Integration and unit testing.
- Extensively worked in Core Java coding and object oriented design with strong understanding of Collections, Multithreading.
- Excellent work experience with writing SQL queries, Store Procedures for major Relational Databases DB2, Oracle 10g/9i and MS SQL Server.
- Worked on projects which use Agile (Scrum) methodology for execution
- Extensive experience in application development using Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB2, JMS, SpringFramework (IoC, MVC, AOP), JDBC, Junit 4.0, Log4J, XML, XSD, PLSQL, JAXB.
- Worked extensively in the development of Business applications using ORM frameworks like Hibernate, iBatis.
- Extensively worked on multiple IDE tools like IBM IntelliJ, and Eclipse.
- Developed Low level design documents using UML diagrams like Class, State, and Sequence diagrams
- Involved in code versioning, Check In, Check outs and code merging using various configuration tools like CVS, Rational Clear Case and SVN (Sub Version).
- Strong knowledge in developing Web Services using SOAP and XML.
- Experience using JMS with EJB 3.0
- Experience in using Adobe Flex 3.1
- Worked on different OS like UNIX/Linux, Solaris, Windows XP.
- Strong Experience in OO Analysis and Design
- Expert Knowledge in Core Java including Java 8.
- Extensively used J2EE design patterns and Core Java design patterns.
- Created Test cases using JUnit4.4 and Mockito frameworks to test functionality of application.
- Good initiator, quick learner and excellent team - player with strong personal and group communication skills.
- Proficient and highly competent in gathering user requirements and converting them into software requirement specifications using UML, Object Oriented Techniques.
- Goal oriented team player, self-starter, quick learner, and proficient in handling multiple projects.
Languages: Java, J2EE
Design Patterns: Core Java and J2EE patterns
Presentation: JSP, HTML, XML, Swing/Java AWT, GWT, Flex 3.1.
Business: Spring (IoC, MVC, AOP), Servlets, EJB 2.0, EJB 3.1, JMS, Web Services using (SOAP & REST) and JNDI.
Backend: Oracle, JDBC, DB2, MySQL, SQL Server 2005, MongoDB.
ORM: Hibernate and iBatis
Application Servers: Weblogic 8.4, Tomcat 8.2, JBoss 7.1.2, WebSphere 7.2
Platforms: Windows 2K/XP, UNIX, Linux.
UNIX: Shell Scripting using Socket programming, Job Scheduling (Cron and Control-M).
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GIT, Gradle
Deployment Tool: Ansible
Continuous Integration: Bamboo, Jenkins
Code Profiler: Sonar, Emma
Defect tracking tools: JIRA, HP-QC, Radar
Parsers: DOM and SAX
Doman exposure: in Banking, Education, Manufacturing and Telecom (Wireline and wireless)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Senior Java developer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- created monitoring dashboards using Splunk
- I created automated central tickets and email alerts using Splunk
- Configured continuous integration tool Jenkins for builds to be uploaded to a Nexus repository
- Used this build information to write deployment scipts using ansible framework and deployed code for new environments like performance and did sanity testing
- Writing new Restful APIs for various scenarios: checkUpgradeEligibility, authorizeInstallmentPayment, processInstallmentPayment, processCancelInstallmentAuthorization, fulOrderCancellation, partialOrderCancellation etc
- Mentored new team members in the usage of Splunk, explained Architecture and database design
Environment: Restful WebService, Spring, Spring’s Jpa RepositorySenior Java developer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- To develop Junit test cases for Consumer
- Write enhancement code for Consumer
- Test for scalability.
Environment: Core Java, Multi-threading, Kafka Consumer APIs and Kafka buffer management
Senior Java developer
Confidential, Bethpage, NY
- Writing shutdown hook for graceful shutdown and consuming the messages from queue for one last time in a multi-threaded environment
- Developing an algorithm for adaptive rate for producer consumer system
- Applying the feedback from the algorithm to produce a constant rate of consumption and production for the Kafka collector.
Environment: Core Java Multi-Threading Kafka APIs
Senior Java developer
Confidential, NYC, NY
Environment: Java 1.6, JSF, Oracle 10g, Spring Batch, XML, XPath, XSLT, Axis 2.0, JAXB, BEA Weblogic 6.0, Eclipse, Unix, SVN.
- Involved in Production support phase of the application.
- Leading and coordination with offshore team for Production Support management
- Debugging and resolving bugs in Web Services and Spring Batch code.
- Analysis of HTTP requests and responses using proxy tools to identify security issues and to design and develop the solutions to resolve the same.
- Preparing DB scripts and PL/SQL programming to resolve DB related production issues
- SQL Query tuning to enhance performance of application in production environments.
- Served as POC for on call support in the production team on a rotation basis.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Participated in the system architecture and design and made use of proven Gang-of-Four (GOF) and J2EE design patterns
- Designed and implemented complete functionality for support of web pages involving UI ( Confidential ’s own UI framework using JSON and JQuery), DTOs, Business logic execution and invocation using EJBs. ( MDBs, Statefull and Stateless)
- Designed and implemented complete functionality for support of Business Actions using JMS, EJB 3.0 and Spring (IoC) and implemented Log4j on Websphere application server.
- Mentored & guided the team on Confidential framework, Hibernate and Spring(IoC)
- Developed the core part of the application: Global Rules Engine
- Developed XSD and XML files for sending and receiving JMS messages.
- Used CVS as a version management tool.
- Configured queues on WebSphere using ActiveMQ.
- Used MDB’s to read the messages from JMS queues for asynchronous communication
Environment: Java, Spring 3.1.1(Ioc), EJB 3.0, Hibernate 4.0, WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle 11g, XML,XSD, JAXB, RESTful APIs.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Environment: GWT 1.4, J2EE, Core Java, PL/SQL development using DB2
- Involved in architecture, analysis, development and Production phases of the application.
- Developed presentation tier with the help of Model-View Presentation pattern to separate business logic in Presentation tier from view.
- Used OSA-GWT framework for the GUI screens.
- Developed XSLT files for transforming the XML response from the web service into HTML.
- Implemented logger for debugging using Log4j.
- Used JDBC for connectivity to DB2 for real-time tables.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers and sequences in DB2 and called them from java using callable statements.
- Performance tuning of application and environment for optimized performance during month end load using JProbe.
- Used GWT compiler and ANT script to build the JAR file.
Senior Java developer.
Environment: Core Java, SOAP/XML for Webservices, Hibernate (whose calls were modified to suit the framework used here) and Maven as build tool.
- Coding and Unit testing
- Release of work packages
- Maintenance of web services using technologies: SOAP over HTTP
- Fixing bugs for application.
- Client interaction for product releases, issues clarifications and follow ups.
- Also involved in design, analysis of new change requests
Environment: Core Java, Clearcase, RPC
- Responsible for implementation, basic testing, release of work packages.
- Implemented new specifications, fixed bugs for application.
- Client interaction for product releases, issues clarifications and follow ups. involved in design, analysis of new change requests using RPC
Environment: Core Java, Spring Framework, Ibatis, Flex (RIA), BlazeDS
- Responsible for design and development of Flex Application from scratch.
- Understanding event based programming and designing the relational data model for database
- Writing enhanced queries for application not provided by IBatis by default
- Unit Testing and Integration of application
Senior Subject Matter Expert
Environment: Core Java, Spring Framework (IOC), Message Driven Beans
- Understanding the Orchestration and Service Fulfillment architecture for B/OSS Product
- Writing code to support the Managed Network Activation framework using Spring (IoC) and JMS queues
- Unit testing by consuming the services