- Android Developer with over four years of experience developing in Java and native Android Development. With a passion for programming and quick learning nature I have garnered expertise in building apps that handle the activity lifecycle, update the UI thread asynchronously, and scale according to device size, while supporting multiple versions of the operating system.
- Total experience of 4+ years of professional experience in Android Application Development
- Participated in mobile development phases like Designing, Enhancements, Bug - fixing and maintenance of the Application.
- Experience with integration of Android Third party API's like Location Based Services (LBS), Google Map, Google Analytics, Push Notification, Bluetooth API, Retrofit (Square Up), Spring for Android, RESTful template, Volley library, Dagger2.0.
- Contributed to the full development lifecycle of mobile phone applications from planning, Requirements gathering, development, testing, launching, and porting, to maintenance/code enhancement
- Focused on implementing rich user interface per UI/UX and Google's Material Design specifications.
- Extensively utilized Retrofit library with OkHttp for API calls; Used the Picasso library for image caching.
- Involved in using the Location and Sensors of the device as per the business requirement, Optimum use of system resources such as memory, battery.
- Well Experienced on client server application making synchronous and asynchronous calls, consuming the web services of type RESTful, POST and parsing of data using the JSON, XML parsers Able to take initiative; work independently and also as a team player.
- Designed, built and operated scalable software systems and services forAndroidsmart phones and tablets, other connected devices, cloud services and client applications
- Managed version control with Git
- Strong knowledge of Android Architecture components (such as live data messaging and images)
- Developed Android apps from scratch, familiar with Android architecture like MVC, MVP, MVVM
- Pioneered on memory leaks, push notifications, content providers, multiple screen support, data offline storage, accounts and sync on Android.
- Experience with Activities, Fragments, AndroidBinding, AndroidFramework, broadcast Receiver, Media player and Adapters.
- Expertise in Android architecture as well as Android Support Library and Android Material Design
- Experience with source code control management such as subversion ( SVN ) and GIT and Team Foundation Server ( TFS ) and issue trackers like JIRA and Kanban Trello .
Android App Mobile Development: Android SDK, API - Activities, Recycler View, List Views, Adapters, SQLite, JNI, Horizontal scrolling, Notification Manager, Contacts, Content Provider, DDMS, Location, Map, HTTP Client, GSON, JSON based Web Services, Camera API, Facebook API.
Debugging and Testing Tools: JUnit, DDMS, Logcat, HTML5, XHTML and XML, JSON.
Web Services & Parsing Techniques: SOAP, REST & XML (SOAP API), JSON (RESTful API)
Operating Systems: Windows, Android
Other: SQLite, RESTful API’s, Firebase,Room DB, Google Services
Confidential, Atlanta Ga
- Developed with Java as well as Kotlin and conducted migrations between the two
- Worked with concepts introduced in Java 8. Including use predicates and lambdas.
- Used MVVM and MVP design paradigms and the ability to communicate the practical applications with team members.
- Worked with SQLite, with ORM based adaptations
- Worked with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) practices
- Used Android Asynchronous Http Client library, a third-party library for server call and shared preferences.
- Developed App screens and its workflow using Activity and Fragments, which has views such as List View and Scroll View.
- Designed UI using views provided by Android and created custom views when required.
- Used GIT-HUB as our project version controller, where used to commit and push the developed, working code
- Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application
Confidential, Seattle WA
Mobile Application Developer
- Programmed with modern languages such as Java and C++
- Contributed to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Implanted Map/Reduce systems such as Hadoop / Hive / Flume
- Hands on experience in Machine learning and web crawling
- Worked with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry
- Extensively utilized AsyncTask, Thread, handler, services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Implemented auto-sync feature to allow users use the app completely offline and to synchronize the app data with the cloud when the network becomes available.
- Used Crashlytics, while testing the application, so as to verify the proper free-flow working of the application.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
Confidential, Chicago IL
- Developed a smooth, user-friendly enterprise level app with Java and Kotlin
- Worked with multi-threading programming
- Used Restful APIs Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
- Expertise of Agile and developing in Agile environments
- Held responsibility for the implementation, quality, and operation of large features
- Developed with Android Studio, Android SDK, ADB, SQLite
- Knowledge in security & encryption framework
- Integrated Web services for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Tested the application for relevant bugs, fixed the leaks and deployed on different Android device to validate the application stability.
- Expertise of application architecture and on Android ecosystem Concepts
- Developed features across the full mobile development life cycle
- Hands on SVN/Git version control experience