- Over 7 years of diverse experience as Software developer and Sr. Automation Test Engineer across various domains in Object Oriented Programming, Software Testing and Selenium Automation.
- Expertise in Quality Analysis with strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and object - oriented methodologies.
- Strong knowledge in Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Experience in reviewing of Requirements document, Design document, Functional specification and Risk Assessment.
- Strong experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test data, and Test execution.
- Experience in working in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies projects.
- Expertise in Automation testing of web-based applications using Selenium Web-driver (Java), TestNG, Maven, Jenkins.
- Designed & Developed Data Driven Framework using Selenium Web-Driver, TestNG, Maven, Apache POI and extent report.
- Created Test NG test suite and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Experienced in working on various automation frameworks such as Modular Driven, Data Driven, POM and Hybrid Framework.
- Extensive experience in different test methodologies such as Sanity, Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, UAT, Black Box testing etc.
- Good experience in using JIRA to write requirements and logging defects.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and POSTMAN and REST ASSURED for testing REST API.
- Experience in RESTful web services testing using Eclipse (Java), Maven, Hamcrest, Jackson, Json Schema Validator, Postman and Rest-Assured.
- Performed SOAP Web services testing using SOAP-UI tool and used Groovy scripting language to write user define validation of test cases.
- Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration (CI) tool and GITHUB as a source code repository/version control tool.
- Integrated Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) frameworks in various projects.
- Used PROTRACTOR tool to test Angular JS based application using Jasmine framework.
- Used APPIUM tool to perform testing applications on Android and iOS mobile devices for different versions using Android SDK Manager, X-code, Sauce Labs, Emulator and Simulator.
- Used Firebug, Firepath and Chropath for web application element identification and UI Automator Viewer for mobile applications.
- Expertise in defect reporting and tracking using test management tools like JIRA and Rally and actively interacted with the development team to fix crucial bugs.
- Used JDBC to connect to databases like DB2, MYSQL, and Oracle to store, delete, manipulate and retrieve data from many applications.
- Proven SQL skills and good knowledge on databases like MySQL and Oracle.
- Experience writing SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Good knowledge of UNIX and LINUX Commands.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills, fast learner, hardworking and good team player also accustomed to work in both large and small team environments.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10/XP, Android, UNIX, IOS
Automation Testing Tools:: Eclipse IDE, Selenium Web-driver/IDE/RC/GRID, APPIUM, TestNG, JMeter, Maven, GITHUB, Jenkins, Cucumber, Protractor, SOAP UI, POSTMAN and REST-Assured.
Database: MS Access, SQL, Oracle.
Test Management Tools:: JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla.
Confidential, Concord, CA
- As an experienced Automation engineer, I am involved in development and implementation of Page Object Model framework in Agile environment.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases by analyzing functional specifications and user requirements.
- Involved in leading the team in implementing the framework, developing automation scripts for the new User stories and maintain and run the Regression Scripts.
- Analyzed and reported bugs to development team. Also reproduced the issues requested by development team, re-testing the test cases after bug fix and updating test results.
- Responsible for end to end Testing, Requirements gathering, and ensuring the entire test plans and scenarios are covered in the documentation.
- Performed Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) testing directly and as part of integration testing to determine if they meet expectations for functionality, reliability, performance, and security using POSTMAN and Rest assured framework.
- Automated REST web services test cases using Rest Assured with Java, JSON, TestNG with BDD framework.
- Responsible to verify Web services API request, response data validations in REST architect.
- Tested business logics through RESTful API methods like GET, PUT, DELETE and POST.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Cross browser testing and Database testing.
- Configured Jenkins and monitored the Jenkins report after Sanity/ Regression test suite execution.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for Angular JS application using PROTRACTOR with Jasmine framework.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Wrote queries in MySQL Workbench and executed them to modify /analyze the data from the MySQL database and compared it with results from web service response.
- Checked data integrity and consistency.
- Monitor and track resolution of defects, coordinating with Developer in order to prevent, report, and resolve.
- Conducted weekly batch testing to in corporate changes in new build.
- Used JIRA for raising issues, bugs, defect tracking, writing suggestion, writing and executing test.
- Pushed the ready and tested automation scripts to the GITHUB.
- Attended Daily/weekly team meetings to discuss status, defects and blocking issues.
Confidential, Concord CA
Software QA Automation Engineer
- Followed Agile Scrum methodology, participated in Sprint planning sessions, Daily Standup meetings, Conferences, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meeting and walk-through to understand the business and testing requirements and to plan the testing process on a regular basis.
- Coordinated the Peer Review with development team & Product owner for detailing test cases and steps and providing the detailed estimation completion dates for the given task.
- Defined test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, GIT and Java.
- Performed Integration Testing, Functionality testing, System Testing, Regression Testing on JAVA web apps.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Performed Functional, Regression, UAT and UI.
- Involved in Web Services automation using SOAP UI.
- Used Groovy scripting to write customized test scripts.
- Used JDBC to perform database testing in SOAP UI.
- Used JIRA as repository for maintaining test cases, execution and tracking the defects.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stake holders of the project using JIRA.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform various actions on database and perform data validation.
- Prepared knowledge sharing documents for the application.
Tools: Used: Selenium, Eclipse, My SQL, JDBC, Java, JIRA, TestNG, SOAP UI, Jenkins, Windows 10, Chrome, Firefox, IE
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Software QA Automation Engineer
- Participated in the requirement analysis and worked with business teams and designed documents to develop Test Plan and automated manual test cases using Selenium with TDD framework.
- Worked with development team to understand the data models and performed database testing.
- Used knowledge on Oracle databases to automate backend testing.
- Developed Selenium Automation Framework with Java using Hybrid Driven Model (Modular, Data Driven and Page Factory).
- Attend various meetings such as Daily Stand up, Sprint Planning and Review.
- Involved in performing various testing such as Functional, Regression, UAT, Performance testing in various phases of development.
- Established continuous integration builds to build as code is checked-in and executed sanity test suite to validate the code checked-in.
- Customized TestNG.xml file for running test cases for various purposes.
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Developed mobile automation testing framework, iOS and Android with Appium, Selenium.
- Created Automation Scripts and framework for APPIUM for iOS and Android Mobiles using Android Web Driver, Appium Inspector.
- Developed automation scripts for both Native and Hybrid applications on iOS and Android platforms using Appium.
- Used Emulators and Simulators to perform testing on various devices. Was also involved in cloud-based testing using Sauce Labs.
- Used ADB logcat to collect logs and Crashlytics as a Crash Reporting Tool.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract data from the database and performed data validation against Reports.
Tools: Used: SQL, Jenkins, Selenium, Appium, TestNG, Java, ADB, HTML, Maven, GIT, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Oracle
- Extensively worked on design and development of an application which is capable of handling batch processing and parallel processing.
- Extensively worked on design and development of the application to identify inventory via RFID to provide real time data.
- Responsible for analyzing Use cases to meet the functional requirements.
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Coding and Development of UI.
- Developed business layer and database layer.
- Developed various components of the application and unit test them.
- Managed connectivity using JDBC for querying/inserting & data management including triggers and stored procedures.
- Written SQL Queries to interact with Oracle database.
- Participated in the daily meetings with developers, testers and DBAs.
- Developed integration tests for the web services.
- Dealt with java Beans helper classes and servlets for interacting with the UI.
- Dealt with the database operations e.g Calling stored procedures and stored functions.
- Involved in planning & perform testing, verification & validation, quality assurance of the application.
Tools: Used: JAVA, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Oracle, XML, Eclipse, Junit, Eclipse, Hibernate, Servlets, JDBC, Windows, IE, Firefox, UNIX, ATTOL Unit test
- Followed Waterfall methodology for the software development process.
- Experienced with web/application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in Analysis, Design and Development of the whole Website.
- Used Unix Commands to access and troubleshoot Errors by accessing the Error Log files.
- Performed Smoke, System Testing, System Integration Testing, User Acceptance, Database & Regression Testing.
- Coordinated with team members for status-update meetings.
- Conducted Knowledge transfer sessions with support team.
- Wrote SQL Queries to extract data from MySQL to validate back-end data.
- Extensively interacted with developers to analyze & resolve issues that were encountered while testing application.
- Collaborated with external customers to define new features and customizations to the core product.