- 8+ years of professional work experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like requirements analysis, design specification, code development, code integration, testing, and deployment using Object Oriented Analysis.
- Worked for 5 years in Android Application Development using Android Studio, Intellij, Eclipse, Java, XML, and Android SDK.
- Experience in implementing all the android application components in application development.
- Experience in developing applications with Activity based and converting all mobile specific application code base to mobile and tablet support.
- Good understanding in Kotlin .
- Experience in implementing the application with activities and fragments in combination.
- Experience in implementing the app specific features like Push notifications, App widgets and deep linking.
- Experience in implementing the MVC and MVP application specific architectures. Experience in implementing the Singleton design pattern, Builder pattern and strategy pattern.
- Good knowledge of the Activity lifecycle, Fragment Life Cycle. Broadcast receivers and services.
- Strong skills and Knowledge in integrating third - party libraries like Dagger, Retrofit, GSON, and Butter Knife into the Gradle and using them for improving performance of the application along with Knowledge on using test and testing0 frameworks like AssertJ, Junit, Mockito, Roboelectric, and Espresso.
- Worked with interfacing mobile applications with back-end server by the use of XML/JSON, REST API etc.
- Used GIT, SVN and Bit bucket for source code version control repositories in dynamic team environment.
- Developed applications in compliance to Material design guidelines and working with view groups, media, threads, services of Android, broadcast receivers, content providers.
- Familiar using popular public APIs like Google APIs and its services, Facebook, YouTube, PayPal, Kindle, Twitter, GPS, Maps, Bluetooth, Push APNS for developing android applications.
- Experience with Android storage mechanisms like SQLite database, Internal Storage and Shared preferences for storing the application data.
- Worked with material design and publishing apps to Google Play store. Has ability to debug and resolve errors in application by using logcat and various other tools like DDMS and logcat. Can also test applications on multiple devices to ensure compatibility standards.
- Experience in publishing the application to play store and preparing the new application on the play store.
- Experience in creating the branches for the Continuous integration and continuous development with the Jenkins.
- Experience in creating the daily builds on different features with the branching strategy, creating the UAT test builds, alpha and beta test builds.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, app architectures like MVP and MVVM, trends, and emerging technologies like Kotlin.
- Experience in communicating to the designing teams and business teams to refine the wireframes and adding the technical details.
- Experience in creating the technical flow documents with the visio tools. Experience in creating the prototypes with the prototyper tool.
- Experience working with the RX Java and java API.
- Experience with pair programming and agile methodologies.
- Experience in implementing the restful web services and soap web services.
- Experience in working with the TDD and BDD.
- Also worked with the developers on an iOS team that wrote a technical support app for iOS 4 to locate idle technical support associates based on the associates' logon and location.
- Used the Remedy API and CoreLocation frameworks.
- Used Git repository was used for version control and IDE used to connect to repository was Git for Mac.
Programming Language: C, C++, Java, C#, ASP.Net, R (predictive analysis tool)
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse, Net beans, IntelliJIDEA.
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQLite, Room, SQL, MySQL, PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Windows (2000/XP Professional, Windows 7, Windows 8), Ubuntu, Fedora, Macintosh.
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Sr. Android Developer
- Discussed & documented client requirements, prepared prototype and shared with the Client Manager.
- Worked closely with another mobile app developer, leading other platform development in Agile methodology.
- Designed interface with Design & UX team for better usability and maintained relative nativity (phones & tablets).
- Developed user-friendly User-Interfaces (UI) using widgets like Menus, Dialogs, Layouts, Buttons, & Edit boxes; created selection widgets like List View using Array Adapters & Scroll View as per client needs.
- Implemented MVP design pattern at project level and build few of the latest modules were developed using Kotlin Used Retrofit with RXJava.
- Developed the activities and UI layers using ADT and customized as per the client request.
- Designed Custom Dialog, Custom Action bar, Custom Progress bar using fragment activity.
- Implemented various API's using Retrofit2, RxKotlin and persisted responses with Realm.
- Identified the root cause of an application issues while working on Android devices.
- Made Restful Service Calls using Retrofit Library at various stages in application development cycle and parsed responses back from the web servers as per the application requirement.
- Consumed restful web services to fetch user profile and daily transaction details.
- Identified critical/crash/hidden defects in applications using mobile apps and suggested quick fix by analyzing logs.
- Implemented Fragments on the main screen, On click of each fragment takes to another tab. Implemented Parcelable Objects to send across activities.
- Implemented immediate notifications and alerts using Notification bar and push notifications.
- Tested the app across different versions of Android & Android phones to assure quality and performance.
- Created test data for users (business, personal, commercial) and used for unit test and requirement validation.
- Used different transformations for extraction, cleansing & loading data to staging areas and presentation tables.
- Participated in daily stand-up meetings and involved with Scrum project estimation meeting on bi-weekly basis.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, Gradle, RxKotlin, Kotlin, MVP, Java, RXJava, SQLite, Retrofit 2, Dagger2, TDD, JUnit.
Confidential, Dover, NH
Android Application Developer
- Extensively worked on Android SDK for development.
- Involved in planning, design, development, debugging and deployment of the application.
- Designed and developed in accordance with Material Design guidelines for visuals, motion and interactive design of the application.
- Used web views, list views & populated lists to display: user claims, policy information, payment methods etc.
- Using Firebase to develop the app without any strain.
- Used Retrofit Library at various stages in application development cycle and parsed responses back from the web servers.
- Used SQLite to store user data (insurance plans, claims) locally to the device.
- Used Dagger to inject the dependencies of various classes.
- Worked with Android Location, Maps framework APIs to contact any agent or locate a nearby agent.
- Used Leak Canary tool to find memory leaks and made sure app is consuming less battery when in idle.
- Implemented cloud integration to notify the app that there is new content for the users to sync.
- Used Gradle for dependency management and Jenkins for continuous integration of the modules.
- Worked with GIT repository and Gerrit for a centralized web based code review.
- Experience on Ruby Reg-Ex for pattern and Text matching.
- Interacted with UX team for new features and prototypes.
- Consumed Web Services using REST, JSON, XML Parsing.
- Made use of developer tools like GPU profiling and overdraw features to optimize the code.
- Tested the app across different versions of Android to assure quality and performance.
- Deployed the application to android market and updated with new releases.
Environment: Android API's, SQLite 3.8, JDK 1.6, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS, SQLite, RXJava, SQLite, Retrofit 2, Dagger2,
TFS server, Android Emulator, GPS service, Log cat, Windows
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Played a role in writing application logic using Android Studio, Eclipse Kepler, Android SDK and SMP mobile SDK 2.3. SP06.
- Proficient in creating test data for Business users, Personal users, Commercial users etc.
- Identifying Critical/Crash/Hidden defects in applications using mobile apps and Ability to give suggestions for a quick fix by analyzing logs.
- Worked in Agile Environment- Participated in daily standup meetings.
- Developed App screens and its workflow using Activity and Fragments.
- Developed rich UI for most of the modules in the application using Recycler View, Scroll View, View Pager, and Navigation Drawer.
- Customized different widgets that include Buttons, Toast’s, and Dialog's.
- Extensively utilized Volley library, Services to provide smooth UI experience.
- Responsible in implementing REST services to map MBO's with XSD files.
- Used SQLite for saving the files downloaded by user and eligible devices for upgrade
- Used parsing techniques such as JSON Parser using GSON.
- Created and used SQL, Queries, Scripts, and Stored Procedures for data validations.
- Implemented Mobile Business Objects (MBO's) to use the app in offline and synchronize the app data with the server when the network becomes available.
- Involved in developing MBO's, deployed it to SUP Server and integrated it with Application.
- Implemented the scanner functionality of the application using the Zebra Crossing library for Barcodes.
- Used Git for Version Control.
- Implemented MVC design pattern in designing and development of this project
- Performed on device debugging using ADB and tested application in device using Logcat, DDMS.
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing using JUnit.
- Tested the app across different versions of Android and different android phones to assure quality and performance.
- Performed Regression testing.
Environment: Android Studio, Git, Camera API, Kanban Trello, MySQL, GPS, Agile Methodology, ZXing, RESTful web services, Java, Android SDK, JSON, GSON.
Jr. Android developer
- Involved in the project full development life cycle which includes Planning, analyzing, design, implementation, testing and its maintenance.
- Created custom UI components for vehicle diagnostics screen with different states for vehicle components.
- Used shinobi chat engine to plot different vehicle diagnostics related data.
- Utilized third party libraries like Retrofit for fetching data.
- Used Zxing library for scanning vehicle vin numbers.
- Implemented SQLite database structure to handle the contact list and content.
- Used Fragments to design and develop modular User Interface.
- Implemented JSON data to consume REST based web services.
- Used Google Map, Location service, and Geocoding to retrieve data to the user.
- Worked on Action Bar, and creating custom components, styles and themes.
- Used Android JUnit extension to create test cases.
- Used Dagger to avoid dependencies of various objects used in the application on another object.
- Implemented parallel processing using Services, Asynctask, Thread Pool Executor, Job-Scheduler using multi- threading.
- Utilized different resources like fragments, views, activities, frame, animations, etc.
- Implemented BVT (Build Verification Test).
- Worked on an Android Service to implement the Push Notification.
- Strong understanding in Android QA optimization.
Environment: Java, Android Studio, Android SDK, RXJava, SQLite, Retrofit 2, Dagger2, Gradle Build Tools, DDMS, Robotium, Tortoise SVN.
- Created DDL, DML scripts to create tables and privileges on respective tables in the database.
- Responsible for developing Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Object Diagrams using UML.
- Collaborated on design specification reviews together with Business Analysts.
- Responsible for creating tables and adding privileges for the respective tables by developing DDL, DML scripts.
- Transferred data from CSV file to Excel file format and responsible for communicating with end client to support the application and analyzed/fixed the issue.
- Participated in the meetings with Business Analysts for reviewing design specifications.
- Used Hibernate for loading and storing objects and also utilized Log4J logging framework for logging messages.
- Implemented procedures, packages, triggers, and different Joins to retrieve the data using PL/SQL, SQL scripts.
- Used Spring MVC controllers for developing custom controllers for handling the requests.
- Designed and developed server side layer using SpringIOC, SpringORM, and SpringAOP.
- Developed REST web services using JAX-RS framework and created DB schema-mapping file for Hibernate by using XML and configured Hibernate mapping file.
Environment: Java, JPA/Hibernate, Spring, Web Services (REST), JAX-RS, JSTL, DDL, DDM, Multi-threading, Servlets, JSP, XHTML, CSS