- Around 8+ years of IT involvement in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), such as Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Maintenance, Architecture and production support of various Client/Server Applications, Web Based applications using JAVA/J2EE technologies.
- Well versed with complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using various methodologies like Agile Methodology (Scrum, XP), Waterfall and followed Test Driven (TDD) and Event Driven Development (EDD).
- Expertise in developing UI using JSP, HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, Bootstrap, JQuery, Ajax, Angular1.x, 2 and ReactJS
- Experience with Java 1.8 features such as Lambda Expressions for making anonymous inline function calls by using functional Interfaces which makes code readable and concise.
- Experience in developing XML based Web Services (SOAP/UDDI/WSDL) using Top Down and Bottom Up approach and REST based services with JAX - RS and Spring Integration.
- Used SQL Azure extensively for database needs in various applications.
- Experience in developing the application with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Micro Services Architecture.
- Created and Configure Micro Service architecture for Marketing Product Information application.
- Experience in analysing the logs like trace logs, logs and Trouble Shooting issues in Integration other applications using CA SiteMinder and Identity Management tools along with LDAP and Web-Server agents and Site Minder federation services.
- Well experienced in troubleshooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and log analyzer and ISA support Agent.
- Expertise in CTG (CICS Transaction Gateway) from Mainframe to Java, proof of concept to migrate to Z/OS connect using api’s.
- Migrated applications from Verizon to FCA on premise environment by re-factoring the code to follow industry standards.
- Infrastructure migration from WAS 7 to WAS 855, DB2 9 to DB2 10.5.5 & IHS 6 to IHS 7 for about 60 servers.
- Application supported on cloud environment which is hosted on Rack space for third party vendors.
- Migrated application from third party vendors hosted on Rack space, refactor the code with enhanced features and hosted on FCA Azure Cloud as PAAS.
- Expert in Core Java with strong understanding of Garbage Collector, Collections, Multithreading, Event Handling, Exception Handling and Generics.
- Expertise in designing POJO classes using Hibernate Annotations using EJB/JPA API.
- Experience in working with DevOps/Continuous integration tools like GITHUB, Jenkins, jira and SonarQube.
- Experience with application servers like Web Logic, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat and IBM Web Sphere.
- Good understanding of Openshift platform in managing Docker containers Kubernetes Clusters.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMIs to run the war, AMI and deploy jobs in Jenkins brew master instance, which reduces the time for the deployment of micro services.
- Supported as DB2 DBA for an year within our sales & Marketing Protfolio.
- Expertise in using various IDE tools like Spring Tool Suite, RAD, Eclipse and IntelliJ.
- Proficient in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with Selenium, JUnit and Mockito in developing test cases and Log4J in determining application functionality.
- Having Experience on UNIX & LINUX Shell Scripting and Deployment of Applications in Server.
- Experience in writing shell scripting for deployment process and expertise in sharing files between Linux boxes and windows using the WinSCP, secure FTP, SCP client for Microsoft Windows and robocopy experience for copying huge amount of files from NAS storage to SAN and vice versa
- Excellent experience with UNIX, Sun, Linux and MS NT/2000.
- Experience working with version control tools like Git Hub, Git Lab & Serena.
- Good experience with JIRA and Drive IT(Service Now) in issue tracking.
- Experience with build automation tools like ANT, Gradle and Maven for builds and deployments to different environments.
Languages: C, C++, Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, JMS, EJB, JNDI, Java Security
Tools: & Framework: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring Boot, JUnit, SOAP UI, Groovy, Bootstrap, ANT, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Apache ActiveMQ, CTG(CICS), Qlik Sense, COGNOS, Google Analytics, Com dash, Drupal, Vignette, DB Visualizer, Clear Quest, Core FTP, FileZilla, Win Zip, Adobe, Sendgrid api’s, SMTP, SAML Ping federate, SPLUNK, Dynatrace, HP Diagnostics
Web services: SOAP, Restful, WSDL, JAX-RPC, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JAX-B, Micro Services, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure
Web/App Servers: IBM Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss EAP, Web Logic Server, Glassfish
Database: DB2, Oracle, SQL-Server, MongoDB/NoSQL
IDEs: Eclipse, IntelliJ, RAD
O-R mapping: Hibernate
Modeling/ CASE Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio Professional
Testing Tools/ Others: JUnit, Soap UI, Putty, StarTeam
Version Control: Serena, GITLAB, GITHUB
OS & Environment: Windows, Sun Solaris, UNIX, Linux, AIX
Sr. Java Full Stack Developer/ Platform Architect
- Involved in analysis, specification, design, and implementation and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and used agile methodology ( SCRUM ) for developing application.
- Applications are implemented using Agile methodology where there is a daily SCRUM meeting to understand the status and resolve any issues.
- Created, delivered and maintained scalable system architecture and Migrated of Java based application from 1.6 to 1.8 version including industry standard stack with IHS7, Web Sphere 18.104.22.168 & DB2 1.5.5 versions and ensured to have high availability internet site and various internal applications on 35 servers including all environments.
- Support on design and planning for WAS 855 migrations over 60 servers on DealerCONNECT FCA portal.
- Led Marketing Product Information infrastructure hosting environment support on 100% availability, cost optimization on infra components, DB migrations and various infra patch upgrades for AIX server platform with IHS, WAS 7 & DB2 10.5, Sybase & Sprint batch and assisted in the planning of systems, performance, integration & launching of new applications.
- Identified, trained & Certified as Scrum Master for Digital Asset Management team for about 12 in size.
- Scrum Coach & DevOps Engineer for Sales and Marketing teams to transform to Agile methodologies.
- Developed the next generation integration platform for internal application using NFS mounts.
- Designed, developed & lead the offshore team on building Canada Co-op Advertising program application for FCA using spring, hibernate, DB2 10.5, unix batch, SAP integration for invoicing to Dealers.
- Designed and developed RFQ Transportation system application using various Spring framework modules like Spring IOC, Developed Controller Classes using Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Batch modules, handled security using Spring Security hosted on Azure Cloud and integrated with various Azure APIs for identity Management, Key Vault, send grid API etc.,
- Automated various application processes with in Marketing product information application to reduce Business manual data entries which holded off manual errors and increased time to deliver catalog extracts for vehicle launch readiness to brand sites.
- Time & cost optimization using DB2 Store procedures and Unix scripts on Extract Art Library process for about 96% and this helped business teams to have this real time to deliver vehicle configuration & digital Assets to Brand sites.
- Designed, developed & Maintained Enhanced owner update portal for updating Canada customer owner information for Dealers using struts, CTG & IBM Message Queues.
- Designed, developed, Maintained & Supported JAVA applications(Struts) of Customer Owner Information - US, CANADA & International markets to update & create new customers and vehicle information from various sources in different portals like Call centre (Global Supplier Portal), Dealer (Dealer CONNECT) and Restful APIs to different downstreams to access PII information.
- Proposed technical feasibility solutions for new functional designs and suggested options for performance improvement of technical objects on various FCA projects like call center sales force migration, Vehicle configuration pricing system on API based solutions with identity management solutions.
- Experience in mainframe and Java integration using CICS transaction gateway environment and designed Z/OS connect services to access Mainframe data.
- Designed solution and platform architect for Monroney Label search application for storing and retrieving Monroney Label and Windows stickers as single point for FCA based on VINs using Spring for web application, Restful Web service for real time retrieval to various downstream and implemented FASTSEARCH indexing API for enhanced indexing process.
- Designed, Developed and maintained Digital Asset Management system for FCA as single point of asset storage of about 14 TB of data using Telescope Product owned by North Plain recently acquired by ACLATE solutions and this is based on Java web Objects and SQL server on WINDOWS environment. Implemented COGNOS for reporting of how many assets uploaded, downloads based on user base.
- Designed, Developed and Maintained Creative Project tracker for Brand Managers to manage the work flow of delivering Digital assets with FCA and outside vendors using Spring, Hibernate & SQL. Also implement Google Analytics for tracking the user identity and accessibility. Implemented Qlik Sense for comprehensive reporting.
- Designed and Maintained share drives on Isilon storage for about 140 TB with high availability and ensured security standards are in place using windows security policies.
- Migrated 140 TB of digital assets from SAN to NAS isilon storage in most efficient way using robocopy within three weeks and ensured to have 60% on cost optimization.
- Re-designing Infrastructure for Telescope application migration (Digital Asset Management) to ensure cost effectivity in all aspects.
- Developed user interface using JSP, AJAX, Java, PAAS Azure cloud, various POC’s in Azure and AWS, JSP Tag libraries and Struts Tag Libraries to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Worked on high level design / architecture, developed initial prototype demonstrating Google App Engine utilization and proof of concept which helped us in understand GAE and related technologies and how to use them efficiently.
- Developed RESTful web services to retrieve JSON documents related to customer and consumed SOAP based Web Services and integrated with FACEBOOK web api’s to fetch customer information on advertisements to handle campaigns from it.
- Migrated New Vehicle Delivery reporting web based application from JSP business logic approach to struts and CTG to connect to Mainframe platform, this helped business teams for access application real-time with 0% downtime all over global for reporting sales to FCA.
- Responsible for maintaining AZURE PAAS (Cloud Services) infrastructure
- Proof of concept using AWS Stack & Abode analytics(AEM) especially worked with Infrastructure, database setup and maintenance and created AWS EC2 instances and S3 storage for transforming Digital Asset Management system to cloud.
- Designed services to store and retrieve user data using Mongo DB database and communicated with remote servers using REST enabled Web Services on Jersey framework.
- Experience in Implementing API's in Java Multi-Threaded Environment
- Developed SOAP web services using JAX-WS API and REST web services using JAX-RS API .
- Wrote scripts in JMeter to test the performance of the API's
- Experience in making the Devops pipelines using Openshift and Kubernetes for the Microservices Architecture.
- Development of Python API's for monitoring of data acquisition and automation of data quality check process.
- Maintained SVN repositories for DevOps environment: automation code and configuration.
- Implemented ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash, Kibana) stack to collect and analyze the logs produced by the spark cluster.
- Used Hibernate API to talk MySQL Database for Read and Write operations
- Experience in IBM BPM Java Script, REST and Web service APIs.
- Ensured idempotent of KRFS DevOps BASH scripts .
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in Windows-based systems.
- Implemented the validation, error handling, and caching framework with Oracle Coherence cache .
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate , created POJOs and mapped to databases Annotations.
- Experience in writing complex PL/SQL queries using joins, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors and indexes in Oracle DB.
- Utilized kubernetes and docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Experienced in implementation of JMS to exchange information over reliable channel in an asynchronous way by using ActiveMQ as a message queue.
- Developed test cases for unit testing in the integration layer using Mockito framework.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Event Driven Development(EDD) by identifying test case scenarios and unit testing the code using JUnit framework.
- Specialised in working with custom data and log analysis tools .
- Validating coding standards (JTest)and checklist before application deployments of each sprints and played release manager roles for various scrum teams.
- Trained in Codi scope and followed application security program to identify vulnerabilities by performing static and dynamic scans on all application in quarterly basis for remediating real time hacks on brand sites, Dealer apps & call center applications.
- Used Gradle & MAVEN as build tool and deploying the application on WebSphere Application Server. Used Jenkins to schedule the tests based on the carrier and priority of the test case.
- With FCA digital transformation my team is first to on-board onto Agile (in 2016) and make team understand artifacts and trained to achieve cross functional teams. Also we migrated our application systems to automate testing, deployment using CICD pipeline which is configured by me within FCA. I played DevOps Engineer role to identify and establish the pipeline with various integration tools.
- Used Docker in Container Management. Used GIT for version control across common source code used by developers.
- Worked for production support during the releases had exposure to most of the tools that are used for gathering the logs and analysing them, like Splunk & Dynatrace.
- Monitored the error logs using log4j and fixed the problems. Wrote unit tests using mocha, chai.
- Used JIRA tool for Issue/bug tracking, monitoring of work assignment in the system.
- Used RAD, Eclipse, Intellij as an IDE for the Application development.
- Used TOAD to access and test SQL scripts and fine tune SQL’s for better performance.
- Implemented Software Designing Life Cycle processes.
- Involved in Documentation and Use case design using UML modelling include development of Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Use Case Transaction diagrams for various projects like Canada Manifest Lists, Dealer Event Registration & Campaign Management System.
- Interacted with stake holders and presented a pitch on the overall software development plan with tollgate dates.
- Developed Use cases, Class, sequence diagrams using MS Visio.
- Developed UI using JQuery, CSS and Struts Tag libraries
- Developed and maintained Canada Dealer Event registration using Struts v2 action classes, DB2, JDBC to dealer registration process and validate the HTTP requests for campaigns.
- Used Tiles framework to define templates for UI interfaces for Campaign Integrated portal consists of Campaign Maintenance screen that handles vehicles code, ROIs, campaign details, Hand raisers, leads & Customer information.
- Campaign Management System api migration from Verizon to FCA Hosted environment.
- Developed & Maintained Campaign Hand raiser Inquiry application using struts2, DB2, Unix batch jobs.
- Developed & Maintained Campaign Maintenance screen application hosted on AIX platform with technical stack includes Struts2.0, Hibernate for query injection & Spring frame works.
- Developed a DAO layer to persist entities using JDBC API.
- Developed Ant Scripts for deploying the system into JBOSS Application Server, worked with CVS for version controlling files
- Tested the software module using JUNIT.
- Developed Shell (Bash) Scripts for jobs.
- Liaised with QA team to prepare functional test cases.
- Worked on maintenance and enhancement of the systems resolving CR tickets.
- Used Collections for Model classes in the DAO layer (Data Access Object ) Involved in modifying some changes in DAO layer using Hibernate.
- Created mappings among the relations and written SQL queries using Hibernate.
- Implemented Concurrency, Exception Handling and Collections whenever necessary.
- Implemented Multithreading to achieve consistent concurrency in the application.
- Monitored the logs using Log4j and fixed the problem.
- Inspection/Review of quality deliverables such as Design Documents.
- Implemented MVC architecture using JSP Spring, Hibernate and used Spring Framework to initialize managed beans and services.
- Used Struts Framework, Tag Libraries to implement J2EE design patterns (MVC).