- Senior lead software developer with over 20 years of experience in Software Design and full life cycle of software development including requirement analysis, POC, development, testing, integration and deployment. Exposure in applications including brokerage, telecom, banking, accounting, payroll, insurance, warehouse inventory and supply chain, retail, automotive financial systems and products, e - commerce, content management, State Justice Systems. Performance tuning evangelist.
- Ability to learn new emerging technologies quick and effectively
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationales and build consensus around designs
- Ability to contribute and assume leadership for team growth as business demands
- Self-drive for making progress towards the goal by removing roadblocks and seeking help as appropriate
- Strong desire for ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to manage, negotiate and effectively develop key relationships
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to complex design problems
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision regardless of complexity .
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills, design skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to collaborate and communicate with users
HARDWARE/OS: linux, IBM OS/390, z/OS, AIX, SUN Solaris, Windows 200X/IIS,
AWS, Gigabit gateway (IoT), Intel based chips/sensors:
SOFTWARE: JEE, Rest WS, Open source frameworks STRUTS, SPRING/DATA/MVC/Security/BOOT, JWT, LOG4J, logback, QUARTZ, UNIX/LINUX, Active MQ, .NET, MySQL, ORACLE, WebLogic (BEA), IBM Websphere Application Server, Weblogic, Tomcat, IBM MQ Series, Camel MQ, Web Service framework, JPA/Hibernate/JTACICS, IBM/zOS, TSO/ISPF:
DATA STORAGE: ORACLE, DB2, MySQL, POSTGRESQL, MS SQL Server
PROTOCOLS: TCP, IP, UDP, POP, SMTP, HTTP/s, FTP, MQTT. NTP
IDE/SRC CONTROL: RAD, Eclipse, TFS, Spring Tool Suite (STS), SQL Developer, Git, JBuilder, MS Visual Studio, TSO/ISPF, VSS, CVS, SVN, CHANGEMAN
OS: UBUNTU, UNIX, MVS/XA/ESA, z/OS, Windows NT
Confidential, Lakeland, Fl
Sr. Software Engineer Java/JPA/Hibernate/Rest/.NET/Oracle/MS SQL
- Developed HIPPA compliant Spring Restful system to receive DEA controlled drug inventory. This eliminates manual process ensuring correct balance on hands and accurate account payables. Each Publix pharmacy (around 1200) receives several orders containing around 300+ items to be received. Pharmacist technician will be able to scan a bar code (GTIN) and initiate several Rest calls to a back-end server, 6 load balanced JVM (Sun Solaris) to receive order in the proprietary McKesson PharmacyRx™ Suite. Load volume on 6 VM clustered 2 server architecture 50000 transactions per day. Each end point traverses about 30 + Oracle tables via multiple schemas with a time of a sub second.
- Developed 6 Spring Rest Spring Java end points to walk thru receiving running on Weblogic application servers in Sun Solaris™ with Android based Zebra TC70 smart phone.
- Multiple batch jobs (Spring batch) to accommodate data such as GTIN, NDC (national drug code) xref and purchase order information
- JWT token security integration with ADFS and Spring Security on top. Implemented role based web service access (method annotated roles access derived from token).
- Hibernate/JPA persistence for Oracle 12C Exadata database.
- Documentation (SDLC, Program specifications, flow charts)
- Created test cases to accommodate QA.
- Provided an unconventional solution to tie vendor key data to Publix Rx Enterprise data by parsing LOG4J unstructured files streaming to persistent storage for future processing with JDBC4J.
- Provided Oracle capacity planning to accommodate the needs for the acceptable application performance and future storage and data migration
- Built new data model to support above process (tables, indexes. constraints)
- Implemented cache strategy. Conducted unit load test.
- Conducted presentation of a product to key stake holders throughout development
- Validated regulatory compliance such as HIPPA, SOX and PCI
- Assisted other developers with troubleshooting and tech advice
- Implemented fail over tactic in case of occasional data loss
- Implemented logback to use UUID per LUW to identify and aggregate specific web service call via SPLUNK
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sr. Solution Architect Internet of Things (IoT)
- Architected and developed prototype system hosted on annual NRF trade show which collects Intel new prototype RFID sensor read data distributed by MQTT protocol.
- Show booth features 2 applications; replenishment and fitting room. Backend socket server dispatching request system to hand held devices (IPhone/Android).
- System consists of a gateway Gigabit device running Ubuntu Mate, hosting Apache http assets server, GlassFish socket server and PostgreSQL database.
- It intended to make requests from a retail fitting room to sales personnel on the floor for a specific item as well as notification for replenishment of items on the floor.
- Application feeds a connectivity from local WiFi network. It exposes web service API for cloud based requests.
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sr. Software Engineer
- Nightly batch pulls all call data from Confidential system and loads it to Oracle calculating agent payout based on various rules, schedules and rates. An online web application with role based access to approve/adjust pay out and generate direct deposit file for the bank. This includes agent, admin, team leads and finance interfaces. (Spring security/ MVC/JPA/JDBC/Tomcats load balanced.
- Developed an online dashboard reflecting real time statistics of an inbound call queue statuses using Java websockets running on Tomcat.
- Developed and integrated high availability J2EE/JSF/SPRING/HIBERNATE application to process customer order in house and from virtual agents. Integrated with merchant company to process credit card ensuring PCI system compliance. Integrated with FedEx, USPS web services to perform shipping quotations and address verification. Developed conversion process to ETL 3.5 million existing transaction records from retired IBM LOTUS NOTES to Oracle 11G without any loss. Developed Pentaho flows to generate various reports. Optimized application for higher performance implementing ehCache. Configured load balancing multi clustered Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g for high performance (2 HTTP servers in front of 2 Weblogic application servers with 2 way SSL).
- Conducted load test by Apache JMeter to proof 500 simultaneous users transacting under 2-3 seconds average. Developed a batch process running under Confidential 's Quartz. Integrated with Confidential IBM Informix. Developed manuals for manager, team leads and QA. Implemented daily Hudson build, JUnit and autodeploy.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Provided modification and enhancements for current website functionality such as messaging between members, ability to flag abusive content, ability to see statistics via Google charts on activities such as uploads, downloads, likes, follows using Spring tool suite, Maven, Spring 3 (annotations), MYBATIS,AJAX, MySQL, JQuery/JSON/CSS/Bootstrap/HTML5
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Backbone JS. Jenkins build. Informix DB. ActiveMQ/Camel. Lead conversion from IE8 to IE10 for all stores nationwide.
- Guided on performance resolution for mission critical systems.
- Established relationship with business stakeholders and enterprise architects for better understanding of requirements, execution and on time delivery. Worked with offshore QA team for better defect identification and resolution.
- Gained knowledge and deep understanding of overall enterprise and order data flow. Maintained documentation throughout development cycle.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Consultant - Lead Java Developer / Architect
- Architected, developed, documented and implemented an online platform independent batch scheduling system to provide an ability to schedule or run on demand batch jobs responsible for processing online vendor’s content and moving to CMS Agility, to configure each job based on xml templates (i/o files/jvm args) eliminating dependency on mainframe scheduler and providing business community role based access to content management on demand.
- Java based open source Quartz job scheduler, Java 7/J2EE Spring 3.x MVC based interface, ANT, Spring security 3 LDAP integration, Spring multicast file API, Oracle 11g backend.
- Hibernate 3.x. Designed DB model/triggers/sequences to support scheduling activities, job log maintenance.
- Apache Tomcat 7. IDE - Spring Tool Suite (STS)
- Production support and new development for top prepaid wireless provider in US. Multi brand ecommerce system (B2B, B2C, content) running on Sun Solaris/Weblogic with Oracle 11g database. J2EE, Spring 2.5. Eclipse. Agile development with daily scrum meetings. Direct QA support, release and post release support. Development of new features UI and client surveys. Heavy database querying to resolve problems. Modifying existing in-house developed MVC framework. Cross-group collaboration.
- Production monitoring and support of a large scale high-availability systems,hosted on multiple JVM’s, B2B, B2C hosting industrial strength web commerce site which provides public internet access for cruise booking, reservations and various products. 500k unique users a day. Lead a singlehanded initiative from discovery, development and installation in production of 3 projects for technology migration, integration and metrics utilization. Insuring high availability and minimum downtime.
- Developed and enhanced existing ASR (advanced shipboard revenue) system.
- WAS 6.1 J2EE, STRUTS, Spring 2.5 SQL server, DB2 on System I (AS400), stored procedures, SQL optimization, emergency fixes, point pushes and DBUs. Content management. Software migration and regulatory compliance.
Confidential, Miami Gardens, FLSr. Java Programmer / Analyst
- Providing support and enhancements to existing J2EE/STRUTS 1.1/Tiles application running on Websphere application server 6.1 in z/OS mainframe environment which interacts with legacy databases such as DB2 and IMS DB via CICS transaction gateway (CTG).
- Analyzed user requirement and provided design recommendations.
- Designed and created custom interface to allow statewide name search for prior and pending cases as well as phonetic search. Provided support and guidance for QA team on testing approach, test scripting and documentation
- Optimized database calls to minimize CPU usage to reduce licensing cost
Confidential, Deerfield Bch, FLSr. Java Programmer / Analyst
- Provided support and enhancements to existing custom interfaces connecting legacy mainframe financial system/database with 3rd party CRM developed in JAVA/J2EE technologies, MQ series, JMS and PUB/SUB transformation services in JAVA Multi-threading environment for LAWSON financial system (AR, AP, and GL). Provided solutions on performance enhancements and implemented immediate fixes.
- IBM Mainframe(COBOL/CICS/VSAM), UDB (DB2 AIX/UNIX) IBM CDC data replication, IBM MQ Series, JAVA JMS, VB.NET/C#
- Provided leadership and mentoring to team members on the existing infrastructure
.NET Programmer / Analyst
- Participated in the analysis, design, requirement gathering, development and integration of web based application (“www.jmmenu.com”) with the existing pricing engine running on UNIX/J2EE environment to provide product pricing and loan break down for dealers as well as an opportunity to up sell in house developed products such as extended warranty, wear and tear, life insurance etc.. (.NET,C#,VB.NET SQL 200X,ORACLE/PLSQL/WEB Service)
- Real time integration with Auto Dealership’s DMS R&R and ADP
- Provided support, enhancements and development to a reporting (.NET, SQL, BOE). Web based reporting system is designed to provide various statistic information for about 2000 auto dealer on product (see above) sales performance, sales volumes, penetration etc.
- Business Objects XI custom programming
- On-call production support, maintenance and trouble shooting.
Sr. Java Programmer / Analyst
- Participated in design and development of large conversion project, moving various financial systems off the mainframe to ORACLE CRM using Oracle app. server, forms and ORACLE DB, JAVA/MQ interfaces
- Developed various components and interfaces to access real time and convert data from various data source on DB2/VSAM to ORACLE/UNIX.
- Integration of 3rd party products (UNIX, C).
- Participated in development, implementation and support of newly designed product management system "JANUS",under J2EE architecture using MVC patterns, Struts, Log4J, ANT and JUnit running on BEA Weblogic. Developed integration of the legacy data utilizing IBM MQSeries, CICS on the mainframe (IBM OS/390) and EJB/and MDB components running on UNIX. Optimized SQL and DB2 .
Sr. Java Programmer / Analyst
- Participated in the analysis, design, development and implementation of "dealer statement" system on the IBM OS/390 utilizing CICS and number of back end batches accessing DB2 and VSAM data bases
- Providing an ongoing support maintenance and modification to JM Family South East Toyota (“SET”) automobile leasing systems and interfaces.
Confidential, Delray Bch, FL
Consultant - Sr. Mainframe Programmer / Analyst
- Participated in the design and development of Confidential Cross Dock
- Re-engineering project. Modify existing DCMSC system that provides receiving, distribution and replenishment of inventory (on-line CICS).
- Utilize IBM MQ Series to establish cross platform communication between CICS applications and NT server.
- Create, execute and document test plans and their results. Re-designed current processes of batch submissions through CICS internal readers.
- Convert systems from VSAM file processing to DB2
- Create reports on user demand using CA-EASYTRIEVE.
Confidential, Weston, FL
Consultant - Sr. Mainframe Programmer / Analyst
- Participated in the design and development of new solicitation, cross-sell and balance transfer services. CICS screen-scraper, and back-end host system that provides update, inquiry and reporting capabilities.
- Designed, developed and tested numerous batch programs written in COBOL 370 utilizing IMS checkpoint restart facilities, VSAM, JCL, stored DB2 procedures which are utilized by the client (Microsoft Transaction Server) to complete back-end functions.
- Software was developed and tested using CHANGEMAN and all IBM/DB2 utilities.
- Served on the Custom Extras development team, responsible to implement the System capabilities in support of both the CCIB (Charge Card in the Bank) initiative and the Triumph Migration Strategy. The purpose of the CCIB Initiative is to transfer the Charge Card Business from the LEGACY TRS (travel related services) to AECB ( Confidential Centurion Bank) TRIUMPH to take advantage of the flexibility provided by a bank infrastructure to increase Revenue and Profitability.
- Involved in writing conversion programs to transfer accounts from the LEGACY System to the TRIUMPH System and involved the conversion of the present Custom Extras IMS/DC CICS/DB2 screens to a CICS DB2 base system
- Responsible for upgrading existing and new systems to Y2K compliance level.
Confidential, New York
Sr. Mainframe Programmer / Analyst
- Took part in the development and implementation of various enhancements to the existing online global securities processing systems (GSPS) as well as maintenance of the existing parts of the system. GSPS is a comprehensive menu driven real time application that handles securities ownership transfer facility, provides shareholders and securities maintenance/inquiry functions, allows dividend reinvestment and processing, generates payments, and distributes various financial statements and 1099 forms.
- COBOL II CICS command level using SQL to access DB2 database under OS/MVS/XA environment.
- Worked on various enhancements to an on-line money market system. This real time system provides money market traders with accurate trading information, assists the operation area in the processing of deposits, placements and secondary market CD's,
- Responsible for coding, testing and debugging of various on-line and batch programs to perform data processing.