- Overall 5 Years of experience in software development with designing, developing and testing of Android applications and java - based applications.
- Participated through all phases of the development life cycle comprising of system analysis, design, development, debugging, report generation, testing and documentation.
- Experienced in optimizing Android framework for supporting multiple device screen sizes and Android versions.
- Strong expertise in building blocks of android like Activity, Intent, Content Provider, Services and Broadcast Receivers.
- Expertise in implementing multithread technologies such as Handlers, Async Task, Threads.
- Experience in using Android Studio with ADT plugin, designing UI layouts using Linear Layout, Relative Layout, List View, Grid View.
- Familiarity with Google API’s from personal projects as well as professional projects.
- Used 3rd party libraries like Picasso to download images and Volley to send and request data.
- Experience in writing stored procedures, triggers and PL/SQL scripts in Oracle, MySQL, and SQLite.
- Expertise in database development and implementation of SQLite and other data storing options such as internal storage and shared preferences.
- Experience in the use and provision of SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
- Used RESTful Web services to send user data to the server. Used parsing techniques to parse data from Web services using JSON Parsing and XML parsing.
- Expertise in Enterprise software architectural solutions for distributed computing systems using J2EE and Design Patterns.
- Expertise in Data Structure, Exception handling and strong in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Development using UML.
- Experience in working under software development methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Expertise in Automated testing with Junit and Gradle.
- Used Emulator, Android Phone and tablet to test the application features.
- Experienced in relational database design and modeling.
- Source Control Management using software like GIT, SVN, CVS.
Web services: SOAP, RESTful, JSON.
Web/App Servers: SQL Server, Apache Tomcat, JBoss.
Operating System: Windows, Android OS, UNIX and Linux.
Development Tools: Eclipse, Android Studio, Visual Studio, IntelliJ.
Database Systems: Oracle, MySQL, SQLite.
Version Control systems: SVN, Git, CVS.
Development Methodologies: Agile, waterfall, RAD.
Confidential - San Antonio, TX.
- Implemented MVC model with Java.
- Following agile methodology.
- Implemented Fragments, Activities using Data Binding and view Models.
- Used Google Volley library for server connection.
- Used Shared Preferences store for storing user details for auto login to the app.
- Used Branch SDK for handling deep linking for the videos.
- Used Mix panel analytics to track app activities also developed Mix panel A/B testing for Mix panel test cases.
- Developed UI for most of the modules in the application using List View, Recycler View, View Pager, Constraint Layout, Card View.
- Worked closely with QA team while fixing bugs and fragmentation issues.
- Handled images using Glide/Picasso.
- Used Custom fonts in UI development.
- Implemented voice recognizer for handsfree user experience.
- Used Web view to show in app custom pages and for sign in through different social services.
- Used Jira for tracking of project progress.
- Used Git hub Repository in application development.
- Used Gradle Build for project building including libraries needed for the application.
Environment: Android Studio, Android SDK, Java, Material Design, API’s, Mix panel, Web Services (REST, JSON), Google Volley, Jira, Agile.
Confidential - Farmington Hills, MI.
- Participated in all the phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) which includes Development, Testing, Re-Design.
- Involved in collecting client requirements and preparing the design documents.
- Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
- Implemented Fragments, Activities.
- Worked on linear, frame and relative layouts.
- Extensively worked on designing the layouts to be compatible with multiple screen sizes.
- Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
- Register Broadcast Receivers for Android.
- Utilized GPS location-based services and Google Maps API to enable Google map search for locations in close proximity.
- Refactored the code base to optimize start-up time and memory usage.
- Key resource for layout and UI work utilizing xml, Views, Web view, List View, Menu Item, Activities, Fragments, Frame, Animations, Notifications, Push Notifications, Loaders, Async Task, handler etc.
- Experience in XML parsing on client side using JSON.
- Used JIRA for tracking of project progress.
- Followed agile methodology.
- Took care of Code Review, Code Fixes and bug Fixes.
Environment: Android Studio, Java, Material Design, API’s, Web Services (REST, JSON), Jira, Agile.
Sr. Java Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering with the other developers, business analyst, and business partners.
- Involved in Analysis, design and coding.
- Analyze and design J2EE applications using MVC pattern.
- Used Spring framework for designing the application.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery.
- Used Oracle as Database and written Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and queries.
- Used SVN as Code check in tool for managing the Application Code.
- Involved in Deployment and build activity.
- Involved in fixing bugs and minor enhancements for the front-end modules.
- Involved in training new team members about the best practices in the project.
- Actively participated in meetings to produce quality deliverables within time.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, Spring Framework, Eclipse IDE, Web services, Agile, JIRA, Oracle, Windows.
- Participated in all the phases of the Software development life cycle (SDLC) which includes Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Involved in Design, UML Modeling and in developing Use Case Diagrams.
- Implemented MVC design pattern using Struts for building the application Framework.
- Developed presentation layer using JSP, HTML, Java Script, jQuery and CSS.
- Configured the Hibernate configuration files to persist the data to the Oracle Database.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers with PL/SQL.
- Developed the Java classes to implement the business logic of the application.
- Fixed defects identified during QA, UAT and Production.
- Used CVS for version control.
Environment: Java, Struts, JSP, Web Services, JDBC, Oracle, Tomcat Server, Eclipse IDE, Windows.