- Automated our own internal testing tool (iOS and Android Gateway) by also using our own internal testing tool called eggPlant functional.
- Created and executed automated and manual functional tests for the mobile platform (iOS and Android) using internal testing tools iOS Gateway, Android Gateway, eggPlant functional, eggPlant manager and Bash scripts.
- Wrote comprehensive automated smoke tests for iOS and Android devices using eggPlant functional and Bash scripts.
- Timely performed planning and execution during software release by using Testrail planning scheme and automated scripts according to the release schedule.
- Wrote bash scripts with adb (android debug bridge) commands in them to get Android System application status so later I can use the result to my benefit to help expedite the release process.
- Developed a Mac OS app using Cocoa to figure out which Xcode version is compatible with iOS version. My boss thought it was a great idea and he agreed to embed this app in one of our main product called iOS Gateway to help iOS testing.
- Created nightly automated regression tests by using our internal testing tool called eggPlant Manager. The test would kick - in every morning at 4 am and by the time I get to the office, I would know what exactly passed or what failed. Saved me and the company a lot of time
- Did hybrid testing by using Appium for Object-based testing and combined it with image-based testing (by using eggPlant functional) to make the nightly regression a little less time-consuming without having to sacrifice the quality of the test. Performed this on Mac and Windows for testing Android.
- Developed and performed compatibility test. Wrote test plans, test cases, and test configurations as far as the devices go. Especially iOS had a lot of compatibility issues with Xcode versions and any Android above Android OS 6+ had permission issues, so it was very important to make sure that it was compatible before we released the software.
- Performed automated smoke testing right after a new build was kicked in, in Jenkins. Doing testing this way caught more bugs quicker than it would have otherwise.
- Executed automated functional tests using our internal testing tools: eggPlant functional, iOS Gateway, Android Gateway, and eggPlant Manager.
- Kept an excel sheet about what date our software was released so later if there’s a non-compatibility issue that arises we can get to it quickly by referencing dates and the exact Jenkins build number without wasting any time.
- Participated in the company’s internal quarterly hackathons and annual testing conferences such as Techwell East and West.
- Familiar with Agile (SCRUM) as well as with Waterfall methodology.
- Collaborated with customers via technical account managers whenever it was necessary.
- Attended daily stand-ups scrum status meetings, sprint plannings, backlog grooming, and release retrospectives.
Automation Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Performed Web API testing with tools like Postman, Rest Client, Runscope, Soasta for load testing and API dashboard (Internal API dev testing tool).
- Worked with and tested REST APIs to ensure the reliability of the Charter television & movie catalog.
- In an effort to automate as many tests as possible I proactively began writing and running R-Spec tests every day to ensure no existing functionality had been broken.
- Performed system, unit, acceptance, regression, load, and functional/performance testing on CTVA application using both automated and manual testing methods.
- Filed bugs in Jira and reported to the developer any time when a bug was discovered while testing.
- Worked with Genymotion and Xcode to perform UI tests of our iPhone and Android Apps.
- Ran smoke test every day to make sure the existing APIs were working and no functionality had been broken.
- Helped test IP-Vod content with our existing SQL database.
- Followed scrum methodology, attended standup meetings every day and sprint meetings every two weeks.
Junior Front-End Developer
Confidential, Greenwood Village, CO
- Created fundamental pieces of the layout for the Bloggistic blogging engine. This included creating layouts, styling and coming up with UI ideas to make the end user’s job easier.
- Created Markdown for the book The Rapid Rubyist by Matt Stopa using Github.
- Took part in the normal Agile workflow: Daily stand-ups, meetings to point stories, etc.
- Helped the scrum master to manage company workflow in regards to tasking and project delivery.
- Redesigned website for existing customers.
- Created HTML campaign.
Mobile Testing: (iOS & Android), Appium, Xcode, iOS Simulator, Android Studio, Genymotion, R-Spec, Postman, SoapUI, Testrail, eggplant functional, Sensetalk, Basic Selenium, VNC, Tight VNC, Command Line, Git, Gitlab, Sourcetree, Fork, Cronjob, Charles Proxy, Parallels VM, Virtual Box
Programming Language: HTML, CSS, Swift, Bash, Sensetalk (proprietary eggPlant functional language)
Operating System: Mac, Linux, Ubuntu, Windows
Training: Coveros training (Basic exposure to Selenium), Attended TechWell Software Conferences