- Designed and developed multiple java/J2EE applications covering full range of business and technologies.
- Expertise in advanced and cutting edge internet technologies and core java developments.
- Highly motivated, energetic, exceptional learning desire and ability.
- Responsible, commitment to time schedule and excellence.
- Core Java programming, deep understanding of Java language essentials, file IOs, multi - threading, Collection libraries, fluent in utilizing JAVA core APIs, also networking, Swing, etc. J2EE related technologies, including database (JDBC), internet (applet, servlet), Web Services (soap and rest), JSP, tag library, Enterprise Java Bean (EJB), Java Messaging Service (JMS). Strong knowledge on Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- XML and its applications, XML parser and XSL parser to construct, parse and manipulate XML structure.
- Basic Python programming in testing scripts.
- Database design and development (SQL, Oracle, Sybase).
- Multiple Web Servers, Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache.
- Multiple platforms, including java runtime, Windows95/NT, Unix (Linux, X-window), MacOS.
- Various developing environments, including Visual café, Java JDK, J Builder, Webshpere Studio, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, PVCS, CVS, Clearcase.
- Documentum based applications using Webtop 525sp3 and 53, Documentum Foundation Classes(DFC), Documentum Developer Studio(DDS), Documentum Administrator, Web Development Kit(WDK), XML, etc.
- Testing tools, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
Senior Software Developer
Technology Involved: Sybase IQ, Oracle, Java, Spring, Grails, etc.
- Designed and developed functionalities in Wholesale credit risk report dataset Process Engine for Exposure data aggregation, proration, calculation in Sybase IQ stored procedure. Stord procedures are used to handle business logic and Java to streaming the processes for better performance.
- Developed Legal Entity dataset creation and workflow.
- Automatic system jobs to monitor the feed and generate Adjustment automatically.
- Automate testing the application by Selenium, Cucumber, etc.
- Key developer for the Security Transfer, manage end-to-end business transaction the client is attempting to carry out, also response to external message or occurrence of a scheduled event.
- Scrum master, led the team of about 15 people including onsite and majority offshore members, successfully delivered Confidential and Confidential projects. Confidential is a transaction by which funds move from one institution to another or one account to another by messaging that make the institutions to do the required bookkeeping entries and make funds available, and Confidential Repo is that a custodian bank or international clearing organization, the tri-party agent, acts as an intermediary between the two parties to the repo (Repurchase Agreement).
- Be responsible for coordinating among BA/QA/DA different functional team members, making technical decisions and leading the architectural design for the projects, reviewing/evaluating requirements, also doing sprint planning monthly for the team.
- Worked closely with Confidential in integration test for FTS message during and after coexistence..
- Designed and developed Reservation Service, managing security positions across all the Confidential function areas synchronously.
- It is a standalone RMI service to centrally update/validate security positions.
- Delivered APIs on the RMI client side to supported different scrum teams including Repo Collateral, Bind Unit, CPU, Trust Receipt and Cash.
- Key developer for CMR (Coexistence/Migration/Rollback)
- Migration to new Confidential system will support onboarding new users per account or client, we migrate over transaction data, positions, contra data, bind unit, trust receipt information from Confidential to Confidential .
- Rollback to Confidential will support scenarios where the Confidential production system defects or failures cause transactions processed erroneously or within inadequate performance.
- If there are substantial issues that cannot be addressed in a timely manner by the support team to mitigate the risk, Confidential shall provide a mechanism that will send the data back to the system from which they migrated ( Confidential ).
- Designed and developed migration and rollback functionality for Confidential funds, trust receipt and contra.
- Active directory Integration - allow Blackberry users to be able to use their windows credentials to login to Janus protected applications. This is using GSS API to obtain Kerberos token, Janus login server has filter to handle the SPNEGO login request and generate Janus cookie if the authentication is OK.
- Payload encryption - Designed and developed the function of encrypting password and self-service secret answers during the transportation process between Janus components, such as between login server and proxy server, proxy server and master server. A symmetric key saved in database is being used to encrypt the payload data, and this key can be rotated periodically.
- JUnit auto test framework - Design and developed Janus login server auto test cases using JUnit.
- Integration of new user provision service “IBID” on-boarding process -
- Janus agent configuration validator, Designed and developed standalone program to validate Janus agent configuration used by Janus clients and operate team, validate report is archived and distributed to related users.
- Password policy enhancement, including implemented entitlement based password expiration feature, and password expiry warning feature - this is an enhancement of password policy, which is more flexible and friendly.
- Was responsible for system installation, configuration administration for development environments, including administration server and web-service Security Service Modules (SSM). Wrote Administration Guide document for operate team to manage UAT and PROD environments, provided technical support for server administration. Investigated, configured and tested system failover and fail back, in case of database is down.
- Designed and developed API packages distributed to client application team to communicate with SSM for authorization decisions. Client packages include Java client and .Net client (C#), support failover/fail back and client side caching functionality.
- Designed and developed a number of plug-ins to solve variable issues, such as Admin console filter, authentication provider plug-in, etc.
- Worked closely with client application team “SCOT” for entitlement data modeling, policy distribution, and all the on-boarding process, the first client application successfully deployed in Production environment of Confidential, a central entitlement platform.
Senior JAVA developer
- Designed and developed new components inside the component-based and XML driven java web application framework. In this framework, A group of servlets receive client requests and act as dispatchers. The dispatcher servlets find the component destination from the environment services and context services, which storing building block information loaded from XML configuration files, dispatch the requests to the start JSP page of the component, and the behavior class of the component is addressed as a tag library which contains business logics. Multi-threading and Synchronization techniques are involved in the framework. Modified the existing security component, keeping the integrity of the permission set along the folder hierarchy, and provide tool component for user to fix “broken” Confidential . Optimized the Praxis documents importing component, handled timeout issue and increased the flexibility of the original queue design.
- In the release 1.0 of IBDocs application, it is using the typical concept of Documentum single docbase and distribute content storages mechanism, and all servers are on shared kit with other applications. In the new release, all contents will be migrated to London dedicate Kit which is the primary location and all users from different locations will access only London Websphere to get better performance.
- In order to improve the resilience of the Documentum infrastructure, BCP process includes testing the failover of Documentum Content Server instances, and the restore process of the Oracle from hot backup, and the failover of Nas patitions. Beside the dedicate kit in the primary London site, we have BCP mode stand-by and read-only servers and repository at other locations ready for emergency situations, and the fail over and fail back for different components are tested.
- Designed and Implemented “Progeon” workflow, which controls the security when outsider users needs to work on the documents in the system, using auto task to execute customized Java server method to control the access of the folders and documents.
- Took over the user and group control job Group Maintenance, which handles the data feed from bank’s central data management database, manages user and group relationships. This is Java server method running in Java method server, which is a tomcat web server embedded in content server. Java server method is invoked by a HTTP request sent from content server.
- PRAXIS Migration: migrates group of documents from the existing Lotus Domino based document management system, PRAXIS, utilizing JCIFS (Common Internet File System client in Java), developed java server method to be run as a job for large amount of documents migration tasks in queue.
- Portal View: by introducing portal and portlet concept to the system, displays login portal page with different portlets depending on user's role dynamically.
- Copy Center Workflow: The process involves submission of a print request and notifying the requesting banker of the completion of the job by participating in a workflow.
- Copy To and Move To: Copy and Move group of document added to Clipboard into a project folder, and documents will be associated with the attributes of the deal or marketing folder they are moved into.
- Project Copy: Duplicate an existing project, save it as a new created project.
- Non deal project migration: migrates non deal project folder to deal project folder, developed several docbasic server methods for it.
- Enhancement features to Advanced Search, Presentations Workflow, Check Out, Create New Project Folder, Properties, etc