- An accomplished problem solver with seven years of experience building web applications. Background includes strong knowledge of back - end development using Java EE, as well as exposure to front-end development with React and Redux. Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, well-organized, able to work well with minimal supervision, able to collaborate and lead team and adapts to diverse teams and projects with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Experience in system analysis, design and development using object orient concepts and skilled in all phases of the software development lifecycle using Scrum Agile methodology.
- Proficient with application development using J2EE Design Patterns like DAO, singleton, Factory etc, Spring framework and ORM tools like Hibernate and JPA.
- Experience in leading team of 10 in a huge rewrite effort to build an enterprise billing application using Java/Java EE and JPA in web sphere environment.
- Experience in developing Restful APIs using SOA/microservices and integrating it with React.
- Hands on expertise in application servers WebSphere and JBoss.
- Experience building Rest API’s in microservices for billing mortgagee, experience API by using Platform as service model in combination with Jboss, Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Experience building and deploying application using AWS as Iaas.
- Awarded Star Performer of the Month twice for achievements in PnC Billing System.
Languages: Java 1.7/1.8, J2EE - EJB/MDB, JPA, Soap & Restful Web Services, Java Batch (JSR 352), Kafka, Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, SQL, AWS, Micro Services, Shell script, Java Script, ReactJS, Redux, JSP, UML and HTML.
Tools: IBM RSA, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Jira, Git, Gradle, Maven, Ant, Docker, Grafana, Prometheus Kubernetes, OpenShift, App Dynamics, Soap UI, Ready API and RTC.
Domain: Insurance - Claims, Property and Casualty Billing
Databases: IBM DB2, Oracle
Methodologies: Scrum, Automated Unit Testing and Integration Testing using Junit/Junit EE, Continuous Integration and Continuous Inspection (CI/CD).
Application Servers: Websphere, JBoss.
OS: Windows, Linux
Senior Software Engineeer
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and build API’s for Modernized application infrastructure to create bills for Member policies under P&C as per requirement specification using container managed software in cloud-based environment.
- Use Systematic problem-solving approach and software design principles to build algorithms for complex billing rules.
- Design and develop cloud-based API’s like billing mortgagee, mortgagee bill list transactions, cas underwriting pended transactions, document fulfilment services with micro services using Platform as a service (Paas) by using Kubernetes/OpenShift as orchestrator with Jboss as webserver and docker as container and AWS as Iaas.
- Define, refactor and build business services to transition from traditional, legacy platforms of existing system to service-oriented architectures.
- Build publish subscribe models to publish messages from policy administration system and subscribe it in the Enterprise billing application to create member policy accounts in real time and enable production parallel for new system.
- Implement automated, containerized cloud application by migrating workloads to containers, and integrating container platforms with automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Implement fine-tuned API security using OAuth, SAML and JWT token authorization to tokenize sensible member information and provide security to applications.
- Identify Performance bottle necks by analysing JVM heap dump and logs through App Dynamics and suggest solutions like modifying database queries which consume more time to process.
- Employ predictive modelling to identify failure of requests to Billing API's and create triggers to reprocess the same in batch environment.
- Develop virtualization API’s for external service calls like Auto or Property policy data and utilize them in building and automating integration testing using Junit EE.
- Use Business Analytics with Elastic Search and Kibana reporting to generate General Ledger reports and reconcile data between existing and new system.
- Debug System Level Deployment issues with open shift/Kubernetes, WebSphere application servers and perform root cause analysis and resolve failures.
- Use Jenkins and Jacoco tools to automate testing and develop JUnit test cases and maintain 85% of code coverage.
- Refine and groom the product backlog and user stories. Test and build automation for the API’s by coordinating with other product development teams.
- Attend design & code reviews, etc. to arrive at design patterns/ solutions and review artifacts created by team members.
- Drive offshore team by providing them required inputs on projects, helping them in understanding business requirements and system design and ensure smooth execution of project.
- Develop applications for Insurance proof of concepts using Iaas by utilizing infrastructure tools provided in AWS such as EC2 and Lambda in Java/J2EE.