- Experience in working with Insurance (Banking, Claims, Enterprise Telecommunications) and Retail Pharmacy domain.
- Well conversant with Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) Waterfall and Agile/Scrum Methodologies involving Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of application software with emphasis on Object Oriented, J2EE and Client Server technologies.
- Extensive experience with Core Java concepts like Exception Handling, Collections, Multi-Threading and with advanced J2EE such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, EJB’s and Struts MVC. Familiar with new features of Java 7 as well as Java 8 which utilize functional programming paradigm in Java.
- Experience with message oriented middleware using JMS and IBM MQ.
- Strong Experience with code repositories like Serena Dimensions, SVN and Github, project management tools like Ant/Maven and also the deployment tool Jenkins.
- Highly experienced in development with Microservices based architecture using Restful and SOAP web services.
- Strong experience with writing SQL queries using IBM DB2, Oracle and MySQL Server.
- Experience with different IDE’s like Eclipse, Rational Software Architect, Netbeans, Atom and deployment in Application Servers like Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere.
- Experience with ETL tool Talend for integration of data from various Network Teams across the organization.
- Strong experience with Unit Testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito.
- Highly experienced with providing production support to the applications and ITIL processes like Incident and Request Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Strong experience with Splunk to monitor logs in all the environments like Development, Simprod, Performance and Production.
- Experienced with Unix commands and tools like Putty to log into the server and grab the logs for debugging purposes.
- Adept in applying knowledge of tools, technologies, processes, standards & techniques to complete assignments.
- Proficient in learning new tools and technologies and quickly adapting to new environment.
- Experience in working with Onsite-Offshore model and handling the offshore team of 7-8 resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with strong technical and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines and can work either independently or as a part of a team.
Scripting and Programming Languages: Core Java (Java 7 and 8), J2EE, Spring MVC, Struts MVC, Spring Boot, Restful and SOAP Web Services, EJBs
Unit Testing: Junit, Mockito, Jest
IDE s: Eclipse, Rational Software Architect, Netbeans, Atom, VSCode, Rational Application Developer, Spring Tool Suite, Talend
Tools: and Packages
MS Office, MS Visio, HP Service Manager, Apache Maven, ANT, Jenkins, SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Putty
Databases: IBM DB2, DB2 Command Editor, Toad, Oracle, MySQL Server, SQL Server
Others: Cloud Management Portal, Splunk, SOAPUI, JIRA
- Work as a team lead to gather requirements from Client and pass it further to onshore and offshore resources for completion of work and work along with them.
- Configure IBM Websphere MQ’s to delegate messages to appropriate queue.
- Develop the code to retrieve messages from queue in XML format.
- Use Jibx marshall and unmarshall technique to convert messages from object to xml format and xml to object format respectively.
- Use EJB MDB and JMS services for messaging service
- Use queue manager to route messages to following queue in case of success and error queue in case of failure.
- Unit test the application using Junit.
- Integrate with many other triggering applications and consumer applications for retrieving the data as well as passing the data.
- Lead the application team in helping to migrate from Dimensions/Ant to Git/Maven.
- Develop the services; both SOAP and REST to expose and consume the data with integrating applications.
- Convert the source input passed in XML format, map it using XSLT and transform into target output XML using Jackson APIs.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Developed the shell for the UI using ReactJs, for the API using NodeJs.
- Created DB schema using PostgreSQL pgAdmin4.
- Integrated with Babel transpiler which allowed developer to write code in recent published version without the need to worry about that code being supported by the browsers.