- Software/Systems Engineer with 20+ years of architecting & developing experience in technology industry. Highlights include:
- 10+ years of Java/J2EE application development experience
- 15+ years of Database application development expertise in Oracle and Unix/Linux
- 7 years of Telecommunication and Network programming with C/C++, Unix Sockets & IPCs
Database: Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Informix
Frameworks: J2EE (Servlet, JSP, JDBC, JSTL, JMS, JPA), Spring, Hibernate, Jersey, ADF, JUnit
Operating S ystem: Linux(RedHat/Ubuntu/CentOS), Unix(HP - UX/Solaris/Irix), Windows 7
Development Tool: Eclipse, NetBeans, JDeveloper, Toad, SQL Developer, Ant, Maven, Gradle, UML
Application System: WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, Jenkins, Zenoss, Nagios, AgitarOne
Web Services: REST, SOAP, SOA, EAI
Virtual Machine: VirtualBox, VMware
Source Control System: Git, Subversion, ClearCase, CVS, RCS
Archive/Backup System: Veritas NetBackup, Adic Scalar 10K Tape Library
S/W Dev Methodology: Agile/Scrum (VersionOne, RallyDev, JIRA), CMMI, SDLC
- Architect and develop Web Services, mobile apps, prototypes or proofs of concepts (POC’s) for In-Flight Entertainment and Communications.
- Designed In-Flight & On-Ground API Key generation, management and authentication/authorization protocols.
- Architected system, application and data integration solutions for Enterprise On-Ground Server System with hybrid integration of on premise SOA/EAI and cloud services.
- Designed performance improved In-Flight File Server System using High-Available Linux Virtual Server with Virtual Caching Reverse Proxy.
- Developed UML Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams and POC’s for On-Ground Server. Implemented RESTful Web Services APIs using J2EE and MEAN (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, & Node.js) Stacks.
Technologies included: CentOS 6.4, Ubuntu 12.04.3, Java 7, MongoDB 2.4.7, MySQL 5.5.8, Node.js, ExpressJS, REST, Jersey 1.8, Tomcat 7, Spring Core & MVC 3.2, Gradle, Maven, Git, Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite, JSON, Jenkins, API Management, SOA, EAI, MOM, ESB, Confluence, TeamForge.
- Identity Management service that provides centralized user authentication and user profile management for participating Confidential . and partner websites & applications including WB Shop & MMO games.
- Analyzed, designed, and implemented component-based high available & high traffic volume consumer Web Services (REST & SOAP) application in the digital media market and provide technical services to the studio divisions.
- Developed WBID Web Service APIs, where client applications invoke WBID operations, described in WSDL, via SOAP endpoints and RESTful URIs.
Technologies included: Java/J2EE 6, Oracle 10g/11g, RHE Linux, Web Services (REST & SOAP), Spring, Hibernate, JPA, XML, JSON, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Subversion, Tomcat, JSF, JSP, Servlet, Jersey, Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite, Splunk, RabbitMQ, MemCached, soapUI, Log4J, JUnit, JIRA, F5 Load Balancer, etc.
Sr. Consultant / Technical Lead
- Researched and evaluated new technologies, provided technical direction to the team, mentored the team members.
- Spearheaded conversion and transition of 40+ legacy Web Apps from Oracle OC4J to WebLogic & JBoss AS.
- Performed code reviews for server-side Java development and mentored Test Driven Development by writing JUnit test codes using Spring JDBC Template.
- Refactored Database Infrastructure with technical analysis and architectural recommendation on overall Database Schema and Data Integrity. Integrated with Informatica for ETL processes with Corporate Windchill PDM.
- Converted and enhanced legacy Stored Procedures & Functions to Packages with DML Error Logging, Exception Handling, and Email Alerting features.
- Designed and implemented PL/SQL Stored Procedures of Bulk DML processing using Bulk Collect & Binding features, and tuned performance optimization.
- Designed and implemented parallel execution of 37 Stored Procedures with dependency-based Job Scheduling.
- Participated in Project Design Requirements documentation and System & Critical Design Requirements documentation based on Requirement Specifications. Defined Naming Conventions and Coding Standards.
Technologies included: Java/J2EE 6, Oracle 10g/11g, RHE Linux, SQL Developer & Data Modeler, Informatica, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Eclipse, AnthillPro, Oracle ADF(BC4J), EJB, WebLogic, JBoss, Subversion, Ant, etc.
Software Systems Architect
- Designed, implemented, and tested the Reusable Software Component Repository shared throughout corporate set-top boxes, home gateways, tablets, and media vaults.
- Designed and configured SOA based Enterprise Application Integration System consisting of Repository REST Web Service, Klocwork Insight, Black Duck Protex, and Sandbox VBuilder using Secure Shell, ActiveMQ, and Zenoss.
- Researched, evaluated, and recommended commercial & open source tools, libraries, and frameworks including Automated JUnit Generation Tool, Message Oriented Middleware, Availability & Performance Monitoring System.
- Developed Perl, Python, and Shell scripts for Package Validation, Zenoss Plugins, and Linux/Solaris System Services.
- Designed and implemented Repository System integration tests using Ant, Maven, Cobertura, & Hudson/Jenkins.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained Repository Database that stores all relevant components information and processes submission and download of software components from Repository Web Service.
Technologies: included RHE Linux, Solaris, VirtualBox, Java/J2EE 6, PostgreSQL, MySQL, EAI, ActiveMQ, Zenoss, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Klocwork, Blackduck, AgitarOne, Eclipse, Hudson, Tomcat, Perl, Python, Ant, Maven, etc.
- Converted Java based legacy business logics to Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures for Document Import Process module and implemented Stored Procedures for Confidential LDAP Server access.
- Co-designed new XSD based Document Import Process module using JAXP and proposed solutions with technical and functional analysis for performance improvement.
- Developed and maintained SOAP Web Services using Apache Axis for XML file transfers interfaced with other Confidential Procurement Systems.
- Designed and implemented Delivery & Purge Web App modules of Electronic Buy-To Package using Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle Advanced Queuing, and PL/SQL Stored Procedures.
- Implemented C and Perl script tools to retrieve PDF converted file repositories on HP-UX and Oracle DB.
- Mentored and provided consulting to team members in developing and maintaining production & staging systems.
- Analyzed and resolved production system problems tracked with Rational ClearQuest and JIRA.
- Supported production releases, executed QA integration/regression testing, and created test plans & scripts.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Lead developer of the DaBot middle tier, the core of the Data Archive System, accepting and processing requests and maintaining Data Archive Oracle DB and interacting with Veritas NetBackup and Adic Scalar 10K Tape Library.
- Designed DA High Available System architecture with RHE Linux Servers, Oracle 9i RAC, and Load Balancing Routers interfaced with Veritas NetBackup Solaris Server and Adic Scalar 10K Tape Library Robot.
- Designed the System based on UML Use Case Diagram and implemented Web App & Perl command-line tools for backing up and restoring data, searching for files or directories, and monitoring of individual backup/restore requests.
- Developed DaAgent clients using Java multithread and sockets to communicate with Veritas NetBackup server.
- Designed and maintained DADB schema to store submitted data backup and restore requests information.
- Implemented Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, and Triggers to maintain DADB data.
- The largest Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and ATM/POS Network Services.
- Designed, implemented and supported extranet-based large financial web and database applications using C, HTML, CGI, and Informix on HP-UX.
- Completed high-level and detail design, coding, documentation and unit/integration testing for new service application module, Check Electronification.
- Participated in the development and deployment of new STAR Station Release 8 and 9.
- Improved production system stability by troubleshooting system problems.
Sr. Research Engineer / Project Lead
- Managed an eight-member project team including vendor’s resources.
- Implemented online transaction C programs interfaced with remote IBM Mainframe and DB2.
- Implemented X.25 C server programs based on multithreaded technique using HP and ACC-X.25.
- Designed and configured nationwide Credit Calling Authorization Network using PSTN and PSDN.
- Designed clustered architecture to provide high availability and high performance.
- Drew up system specs and performed RFP/RFQ processes for the procurement of 3 million dollar production systems.
- Evaluated and benchmarked high-end systems of several system vendors including HP, Sequent, Sequoia, and Unisys.
- Performed capacity analysis and planning for nationwide Credit Calling Service.
- Developed DB transaction C programs using HP Real Time DB and Oracle Pro*C.
- Designed and implemented X.25 packet layer C programs using HP-UX real time features and SUN OS.
- Designed and implemented TCP/IP C programs based on client and server model using Unix Sockets and IPCs.
- Developed Unix asynchronous serial communication C programs using Multiplexer and Terminal Server.
- Developed asynchronous serial communication C programs using DOS Interrupt Handlers.
- Designed system and network management modules using HP OpenView Node Manager
- Configured Northern Telecom Packet Switching System and Packet Assembler Disasembler.
- In charge of system/network administration including SUN SPARCstations and HP /845.