- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration and Software configuration management (SCM) includes DevOps Build/Release Management.
- Expertise in working with AWS provided Solutions like EC2 and ELB which includes Creating EC2 instances, adding EBS volumes for EC2 and familiar with VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, SWF, SES, Auto scaling, Storage gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud formation and Cloud Watch.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to event in Amazon Dynamo DB table, S3 buckets, HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create customized VPC’s, subnets and NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications.
- Good experience in cloud services like Azure Iaas, Storage, Web apps, Active Directory, Azure container service, virtual private network gateway, content delivery management, Traffic manager, Azure monitoring, OMS, key vault, Visual studio online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Expertise in creating Pods using Kubernetes and worked with Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Created deployment templates and automation for Relational and NOSQL database (stand alone and RDS), including Oracle, SQL server, MongoDB and MariaDB in AWS
- Experienced with Docker services like creating Docker files, Docker Images, Docker Container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing director structures, and managing vessels.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center.
- Good understanding of Open Shift platform for managing Docker containers using Docker swarm, Kubernetes Clusters.
- Managed more than 1000 virtual servers and monitored Application Servers using Splunk.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, OSPF, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby and Python for automating tasks.
- Proficient in Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, SQL, Python scripts that can push Data from Dynamo DB to MySQL database and build utilities like open make, ANT and Cruise control.
- Hands on Experience with Cloud automation, Containers and PaaS (Cloud foundry) which helps to trigger the inherent originality of an individual using Terraform.
- Extensively worked on creating Chef Recipes, Chef Roles, Templates, Attributes, Cookbooks on Workstations and running recipes on nodes managed by on - premise Chef Server.
- Providing a platform to automate deployment, scaling & operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and managed containerized applications using Kubernetes and its nodes.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, deploy applications and manage changes and automate software update and Verify functionality.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and automation for all Build & Deployments.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN, ANT & MS build for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & jar from source code.
- Experience in managing the repository managers like Nexus/ JFrog for the Maven builds. Integrated Maven with Jenkins through which the Surefire test reports and Javadoc’s produced by Maven are captured to build parallel modules for larger maven projects.
- Experience in working with Version Control Systems/Source Code Repository tools like Subversion, GIT, CVS, SVN GitHub, Performance maintaining/troubleshooting the CM tool in UNIX and Windows environments.
- Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean methodologies of software development and Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administration of VMware ESXI and have migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Private Static IP Address, Public static IP Address and VM Networking are configured using Azure.
- Used scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Python and configuration management tools which includes Chef, Ansible and web services mainly Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in migration from cloud to cloud like AWS to Azure like migrating infrastructure and application from on premises to Amazon Web Services Environment with in given time.
- Worked on internal build systems like Jenkins and GUITHUB for the core development team on an enterprise level cloud automation tool and migrated pipeline builds from bamboo to Jenkins and integrated them.
- To manage weekly builds, AWS infrastructure is created from GITHUB repositories which contains Terraform code and administrated Jenkins by building Jenkins jobs.
- Exposure to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Development, Testing, Implementation, Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Experience on performance monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, cloud watch, Elastic search. Monitored & managed the cloud infrastructure within AWS cloud infrastructure.
Cloud Environments: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google cloud, OpenShift
Virtualization: VMware Client, vSphere 5.x, Datacenter Virtualization, Virtual Box, Power VM
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows servers, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7.
Automation Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes.
Database: Oracle MySQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB, AWS RDS.
Scripting languages: Bash/shell, Python, PERL, Ruby, YAML, Power shell scripting, SPL and JSON
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, WAN, TCP/IP, SMTP, LAN, FTP/SFTP.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS, GITLAB, GITHUB.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, (Elasticsearch Log stash, Kibana) ELK, Cloud Watch(aws)
Web/Application Servers: HTTP, Nginix Apache2, Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBoss, GA Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Pittsburgh - PA.
- Utilized CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, Dynamo DB, tables, EBS volumes; To set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Used Ansible as configuration management tool. Developed Ansible playbook to automate recovery process upon failure of OpenShift Master.
- Used Ansible server to configure nodes and manage ansible playbooks, ansible roles and used Ansible tower to manage inventory and multiple nodes for different environments.
- Experience in implementing AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger run code by S3 & SNS.
- Worked on implementing Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from one database to AWS Redshift, RDS, ELB, EMR, Dynamo DB and S3
- Written scripts from scratch to create AWS infrastructure using languages such as BASH and Python, created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, DynamoDB table.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform, packer Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in OpenShift, AWS and VPCs.
- Worked on Continuous Integration (CI) workflow using Virtual Environments like Docker and Kubernetes to build various containers to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications. Implemented Twist lock for containers and application security.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing S3 and Glacier for our data archiving and long-term backup and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python, Docker container, Service Orchestration. Worked on cloud automation using AWS cloud formation templates.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Setup monitoring and alerting mechanisms for AWS and private datacenter infrastructure.
- Worked on DevOps project to migrate and automate the deployment of our existing middleware into new container management environment on Kubernetes.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Used AWS cloud services and Open stack to launch Linux and windows machines, created security groups and written basic PowerShell scripts to take backups and mount network shared drives.
- Orchestrated the computing, networking and storage infrastructure of the Kubernetes cluster, utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build test and deploy.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process
- Integrated Git with Jenkins to automate the code check out process and troubleshoot build issues during the code build process as well as implementing and continuous delivery framework using Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed PowerShell scripts for automation of the build and release process and managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage the changes.
- Worked on monitoring tools and code coverage tools like JaCoCo, Nagios, Splunk, and Amazon Cloud Watch, SonarQube, to maintain various systems in different environments.
- Provided 24x7 support on the production servers on a rotation basis and was involved in creating documentation.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, AWS, SonarQube, Ansible, Jenkins, Python, AWS lambda, S2, Glacier, EC2, AWS Redshift, RDS, ELB, EMR, Dynamo DB.
Azure DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Cincinnati - Ohio.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Automated continuous integration builds, deployments and unit tests across multiple environments (Dev, QA, Training, Production) each constituting different types of servers (DB, App, Web) and different number of servers of each type (for load balancing and such) using VSTS-Build, PowerShell, and MS Build, MS Deploy.
- Implemented Azure AD using AD connect, configured SSO and multifactor Authentication. Also configured SSO from Window 10 based computer which is joined to Azure AD. Implemented and managed AD synchronization.
- Azure Storage Planning Migrated Blob Storage for document and media file, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data
- Experience with deployments, maintenance & troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Exposed Virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure External Load Balancer
- Extensive experience in Windows AZURE(IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE
- Making use of PowerShell, Python and other tools to automate a range of tasks in an OS diverse environment.
- Created Chef cookbooks and recipes that kickoff post-install scripts and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Automated environment is maintained and setup by using cookbooks and chef recipes within AWS environment. Wrote Power-shell scripting for task automation and to schedule tasks.
- Deployed Cloud services (Paas role instances) and Azure IAAS virtual machines (VMs) into secure VNet’s and subnets using ARM deployment models and PowerShell.
- For any manual process chef cookbooks and recipes are created that kickoff post install scripts and do an overall process environment.
- Resolved Merge Conflicts, configured triggers and queued new builds within the release pipeline.
- Managing and creating new and existing environments in VSTS deployment groups.
- Experience in Creating ARM templates for Azure Platform.
- Architected and developed continuous integration, continuous deployment and configuration management that automated builds and deployments to numerous environments using VSTS on Azure DevOps project
- Work with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images, managing docker volumes and created docker images using docker file.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, Docker swarm and worked on Docker clustering on Mesos with Marathon, different Docker container images are created for full stack implementation.
- Using Docker, container-based deployments are done and worked with Docker registries, Docker hub, Docker images and Kubernetes
- Worked on Build & deploy software Artifacts, code across multiple engineering and the production environment.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Trouble shooting various problems which includes hardware related problems, network problems and core dump analysis. Monitoring any datacenter outages and installation, upgrade on sun Solaris.
- Experience in maintaining fault tolerance, performance tuning, Linux administration which includes creating and managing users and groups accounts, disk space allocation, permissions and process monitoring.
- Azure application management and Azure application insights are used to Intune application monitoring.
- Working with customer to understand how they use AWS services and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams.
- Providing 24x7 supports to various application level, server level, network level monitoring, troubleshooting of and data center outages.
Environment: Linux, Azure, Solaris, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Load Balancer, Windows10, Auto-Scaling, Load Balancing, Virtual Machine, VPN, Virtual Network, Cloud Services.
AWS Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, TX.
- Experience in installing configuring and deploying of Java/J2EE/.Net applications in Application Servers like WebSphere, WebLogic and JBoss.
- Able to create scripts for system administration, AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Used AWS S3 service as Build Artifact repository to create release-based buckets to store various modules/branch-based artifact storage.
- Worked on Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Lambda, Simple Storage Service (S3), Route53, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Block Storage (EBS), Virtual Private Cloud) and auto scaling group services.
- With the help of automation and configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet the AWS infrastructure are managed and database replication and cloud deployment, AWS using right scale.
- Using Chef recipes -Cookbooks, automated environment setup and maintained within AWS environment.
- Installed the Chef Server Enterprise and used on premise, workstation & bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by writing ruby scripts in Chef Recipes and Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef.
- Written Chef Cookbooks, recipes using ruby to automate installation of Middleware infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments.
- Managed On-site Operating Systems, apps, packages and services using Chef as well as AWS for EC2, S3, Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch
- Responsible for continuous integration and continuous delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with python and shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Deploying application using Jenkins server and Troubleshoot build and release job failures, resolve, work with engineers on resolution.
- Integrated Ant and Maven with Jenkins to run to automate the build process as a part of continuous delivery.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml
- Supported development sprints by automating instance provisioning using cloud formation and code deployments using chef, Jenkins & Git.
- Organized and manages everyday administration tasks like adding and removing users, files, share permissions, trust management, replication management, server backups & server setups on LINUX.
Environment: Chef, MAVEN, Nagios, Jenkins, Python, AWS Lambda, Cloud Watch, Kibana, JDK, Puppet, WebSphere, WEB LOGIC, Route53, EC2, S3, APACHE TOMCAT.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Worked with QA to facilitate verification of release and was involved in running multiple builds at a time.
- Gathered information from clients, performed POC and setup Build/ Deployment Automation and Release Management for Java base project using Jenkins and Maven.
- Created and deployed builds on Web Logic, tested in build environment and released to test team on scheduled time.
- Involved in installing, updating and configuration Unix and Windows build release of Cloud products in Linux and Windows environments using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting.
- Created GIT configuration record for builds, using derived objects generated during build audit process implemented and maintained and branching and build/ release strategies utilized GIT.
- Managed Builds on Daily, weekly, Nightly, fortnightly basis and documented all build & release process related items provided Level-1 support for all build and deploy issues encountered during the build process.
- Performed and Deployed for various environments like QA, Integration, UAT and production Environments.
- Created and maintained built wrapper scripts using Perl. Build Java code and .Net code to Jenkins servers.
- Converted old builds using Make to ANT and XML for Java build; deployed Java app in Jboss web servers.
- Involved in SVN administration, created SVN repositories and given access rights to the authorized developers
- Presented on View Object pattern in Web App Automation C#, Ruby, Rake, Power Shell, Selenium, Team City.
- Responsible for installing Jenkins master and slave nodes and also involved in plugin Git and Schedule jobs using Poll SCM option and also Creating the build scripts using Maven for Java projects.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts if any during the merge in Subversion. Used Subversion as Version Control for maintaining the versions.
- Developed Relation Clear Quest Schemas and tailored the tools with custom Perl and VB scripts.
- Managed and administered Web logic 8 and 10.3 environments.
Environment: GIT, TFS, Maven, Docker, Web server, Apache JMETER, Meta Case, Bamboo, Python, Perl, Shell.
Build and Release engineer
- Installed and upgraded packages and patches on RHEL6 servers using RPM, YUM and third-party software applications. worked on daily work orders which includs configuration of file systems LVM and multipathing.
- Implemented Bash, PowerShell scripting to automate day to day job tasks.
- Installed packages using YUM and Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Experience with supporting and maintaining F5 BIG IP load balancers.
- Developed build using ANT and MAVEN as build tools and used CI tools to kick off the builds move one environment to other environments.
- Used the version control system GIT to access the repositories and used in coordinating with CI tools.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB. Integrated maven with GIT to manage and deploy project relates tags.
- Coordinate all build and release activities, ensure release processes is well documented, source control repositories including branching and tagging.
- Worked in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Integrating various Version control tools, build tools, nexus and deployment methodologies (scripting) into Jenkins to create an end to end orchestration build cycles.
- Troubleshoot build issues in Jenkins, performance, generating metrics on master's performance along with jobs usage.
- Design develop build and packaging tools for continuous integration build and reporting. Automate the build and release cycles. Deployed the EAR and WAR archives into Web logic and Apache Servers.
- Maintain product release process, including generating and delivering release packages, generate various metrics for tracking issues against releases and the means of tracking compatibility among products.
- Configured and Maintained Apache web servers for Release Management Team's internal use.
- Used Nagios for monitoring the build statuses and end to end monitoring solutions are enabled by using Azure App insights and Azure OMS to configure dashboards.
- File sharing on the network is implemented to share essential resources by configuring NFS on the system.
- Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support.
- Responsible for nightly, weekly builds for different modules and resolved system issues and in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
Environment: REDHATLINUX6 and 7, Load Balancing, GIT, GITHUB, MAVEN, ANT, JENKINS, NEXUS, DOCKER, WEB LOGIC, APACHE TOMCAT.
- Build a Java application for recruitment startup. This application was used by workers and hiring companies. As part of the marketing strategies we used referral codes to reward our customers for referring.
- Worked on Hibernate for data persistence and used Hibernate as ORM to map java classes to DB tables.
- Used multithreading extensively to improve the performance of the application and implemented Spring MVC controller module for better handling of client request.
- Involved in the development of various use cases, sequence diagrams using UML and understanding the various functional requirements for a module and client discussions.
- Utilized java, Eclipse/J2EE, tested programming code & applications, collaborated with team and management. Wrote various utility and helper classes using Java collection framework.
- Involved in preparing Use Cases, Class and sequence UML diagrams based on business requirements.
- Extensively used Java Scripts to enforce client-side validations and used jQuery for Ajax processing and implemented modules into NodeJS to integrate with designs and requirements.