- Almost 5 years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience on Core Java and J2EE for almost 1 year.
- Experience in Databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra etc.
- Experience in web based GUI’s development using Java script, JQuery, Bootstrap, HTML 5 and CSS.
- Proficient in Model - View-Controller (MVC) architectures using Rails.
- Experience in maintaining source code management tools like Git and SVN.
- Experience in deploying using Heroku, AWS EC2.
- Experience working in Amazon webservices like S3, EC2.
- Experience in writing test cases using RSpec, FactoryGirl, Cucumber etc.
- Familiar with latest concepts like Docker.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work within deadlines.
- Able to express ideas precisely and confidently in speech.
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Implemented background/delayed jobs using crontab and without using any gem.
- Integrated slack bot with client’s private channel and implemented interactive messages too.
- Implemented editing the google docs using google-drive-ruby gem.
- Deploying apps through Jenkin jobs to Amazon EC2 and following Jira ticketing system.
- Wrote templates in ERB and slim format.
- Used Log4r gem for logging the log details and maintain the log details in Cassandra.
- Extensively worked with Bitbucket for source code management and peer review.
- Used Rspec gem for writing test cases.
- Deployed applications on Amazon EC2 and provided Production support.
- Attend stand up calls daily with the client and giving updates and getting the requirements and working on them.
Environment: Ruby, Rails, MySql, Cassandra, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Bitbucket, Amazon S3, EC2 etc.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Started working on the BiC (Born in Cloud) enterprise applications for Rapid Adnance.
- The project is BiC-Intergration project mainly concentrates on Export Controls status for a person contact to allow user to Accept or Block their subscription from purchasing the BiC products.
- The application layer for this project is Ruby which has a custom framework(Mojo) to build API’s which can be consumed by other client in the internal system of Autodesk.
- The calculation of this contact level has to be applied on the application layer Person Master (Ruby).
- Maintained logging system on the Splunk for easy and comfortable to handle errors and bugs.
- Used to check the failing testing scenarios on Jenkins and maintain the work for merging of peer PR’s.
Environment: Ruby (1.9.3), Rails 4, Github, Jira, Heroku, Elastic Search, Amazon web services S3, PostGreSQL.
- The enterprise applications for OOYALA is based on Ruby on Rails backend.
- The application layer for this project is built on PHP, which later got changed to Rails.
- There are mainly to different project which does this work, one is Web hooks(API) and second is Jobs (Queuing system).
- Developed the whole new Rails application called PORTAL for the cross functional sharing between Data hub(backend), front-end, care platform and dialer systems.
- Used HTML, jQuery and Java Scripting to build Admin tool which has some partner generations on UI.
- Testing was the major factor to build most standard application on the backend, especially we used Rspec and some integration tests in TDD procedures.
- Log Entries dashboard for the Webhooks and Jobs applications using the logging gem LE.
- Used some nice gems like Devise, Faker, Factory Girl etc.
- Creating scripts to host apps on AWS EC2 for deploying the code which was very fast and easy.
Environment: Ruby, SOAP, Git, Jira, Sentry, Heroku, Log Entries, Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon web services, SQS, and Looker (Data visualization tool).
Ruby consultant - Intern
- Prepared and trained to work in Agile methodology and refine business backlog with grooming sessions
- Worked as full stack backend developer for mobile applications (Front-End) in two projects like Car Locator, Crash Detection.
- Created Database schema structure using Visio and drawing class diagrams for two mobile applications
- Took grooming session for the project to groom the backlog and understand the business requirements and backlog perfectly.
Environment: Java (1.7), Ruby (1.9.3), Rails (4.0), Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Mongo, JQuery, Linux.
Languages: Ruby, Java, SQL
Web Design: HTML5, XHTML, CSS3
Databases: MySQL, PostgrQL, SQLite, Cassandra
Test Frameworks: Test Unit, Junit, Rspec, Capybara
Frameworks / Architectures: Rails, Spring, Struts, Hibernate