- Systems Administrator/ DevOps/ Build and release Engineer with around 8 +years of experience in Administration and Development of Red Hat LINUX, Cent OS, Solaris, SUSE LINUX, Windows Environments.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Racks pace cloud environments and Data centres, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups on AWS.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area such as Code Review, Unit test automation, Build and release automation, environment, service, incident and change management.
- Experienced in implementing CHEF, PUPPET, JENKINS and ANSIBLE.
- Experience in manage cloud software deployments, with a focus on continuous integration and deployment using GitHub, Jenkins, SVN and Maven.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet supporting Chef Environment with 500+ servers and involved in developing manifests. Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage systems configuration.
- Knowledge of Docker and managing DOCKER - based deployment.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Configuration, Autos scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, R53
- Experience working with Relational (PL/SQL, Oracle), Non-relational databases (Mongo), document-oriented databases (Mongo DB) and Oracle RAC
- Administration of Production, Development and Test environment’s carrying Windows, Ubuntu (RHEL) Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, Centos and Solaris servers. Experience supporting Chef Environment with 200+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experience with Iaas, Paas and Saas technologies.
- Extensive experience in working with Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss and Apache webservers administration
- Best Practice in development of consultants by mentoring ITIL best practices for successful Delivery of Projects and recruiting the best talent for current and future requirements.
- Worked along with Web developers testing and modifying with few changes through tickets in HTML, Java Script, Angular JS framework, CSS
- Proficient in Installation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application integrated with Apache/ Tomcat/ Nginx, samba & send mail, Web sphere application servers and postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
Operating Systems: RHEL 3/4/5/6/7, Solaris Release 2.10/2.9/2.8/2.7 , IBM-AIX 5.X, Windows 8,10, XP, Windows 2003, 2008, 2012
Programming Languages: C, C++, HTML, PHP, XML, Python, PowerShell and Ruby
Version control system: GIT, SVN, CVS, RTC, source tree
Tools: Chef, Puppet, Nagios, Eclipse, Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar Qube, Grunt, Bamboo, Ansible, Ant, Nant, Gradle, Team city, MS build, Maven, Open stack, New Relic, TFS, VMware, Vsphere, DevOps, ESX/ESXi, Docker, JIRA, JAVA/J2EE, Java Script, Angular JS, JSP, Cassandra, Logstash
Web/ Application Server: Tomcat, WebSphere, Apache DB2, Nginx, Oracle, JBoss
Network Protocols: DHCP, DIG, DNS, LDAP, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, IOS, netstat, NFS, NIS, nslook up, RIP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, FTP, and TFTP.
Cluster Environment: Sun Cluster Servers 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 and VERITAS Cluster Servers 4.1
Software: Veritas Volume Manager 3.5/4/5, Veritas File System, Veritas Cluster Server 3.5, Veritas Net Backup 6.0, MS-Office/MS-Project
AWS: Ec2, S3, Cloud Formation scripts, Cloud Front, Dynamo DB, VPC, RDBMS, ELB, IAM, Redshift, Cloud Watch, SNS, SQS, SES, Cloud Foundry
Senior Devops Engineer
- Administration and Configuration management of version control systems GIT, SVN.
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the Python/JS/Angular applications onto different environments like Dev. QA, UAT and Production.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Team city, ANT, MS build, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Ruby.
- Installation and upgrade of Puppet Client and Make sure servers are getting converge with puppet-server. Assisted in setting up whole CI/CD process, designing processes, building tooling and automation as well as mentoring technology team to utilize AUTOMATED-DEPLOYMENT.
- Worked with automated host installation and configuration technologies such as Chef, Cobbler, Puppet, Ansible, Foreman, Kickstart, Jumpstart etc.,
- Creating of Organization, Environment, and users in Chef server
- Work station setup for Knife plugin and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation
- Pushing of chef - cookbook, roles, and data bags on chef-server using knife plugin and executing it on node. . Expertise includes Ruby, Bash, Perl and Python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Worked on creating AWS Redshift clusters, resizing clusters, snapshots and restoring etc.,
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, maintaining dimension structure and managing containers.
- Coordinating with different teams in order to solve the CHEF defects and providing required solution to the issue in an efficient manner.
- Worked on cloud automation framework namely CHEF which included automation of certain software installation processes in the form of Ruby code.
- Installation and upgrade of Ops code Chef Server and documenting steps.
- Used Cloud Foundry and Open Shift to build, run and deploy various codes using tools like Docker.
- Experience in scheduling jobs using the Ansible tower.
- Installation and configuration of Git, merging code from develop branch to master branch and make it ready for deployment. Configured Subversion (SVN) distributed platform for multiple applications.
- Jenkins and Hudson were used as tools for Continuous Integration while analyzing the code quality by using Sonar Qube.
- Worked on the cloud automation framework namely CHEF the included automation of certain software installation processes in the form of Ruby code.
- Knowledge on GIT and Jenkins Continuous Integration Server - Installation, Configuration, Design and Administration, and integrating these tools with other systems.
- Developed and maintained scripts for deployment automation to multiple environments.
- Used Build Tool Gradle for setup of Build Jobs in Jenkins. Creation of servers, AMIs, storage blocks, snapshots, VPCs, subnets, load balancing, and firewalls in AWS.
- Written chef cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-pod environments consisting of deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance monitoring etc., and Server migration using cloud services like AWS from physical to cloud environment.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), Cloud Formation Templates (JSON) and security groups.
- Supported development sprints by automating instance provisioning using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured Amazon Cloud watch for monitoring and configured Cloud Watch monitoring/Cloud Watch Alarms/Alerts for all the applicable tiers of the proposed architecture.
Environment: PUPPET, RHEL 6.x, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, Angular JS, AIX, VMware, Nagios, Jenkins, Git, SVN, Grunt, JBoss, Bamboo, Teamcity, Selenium/JUnit, Splunk, Openstack, JIRA, Open SUSE LINUX, Chef, Cassandra, AWS, Cloud Foundry, ANT, GRADLE, MAVEN, MS build, ANSIBLE, TIBCO
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to agile process.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed large scale java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Designed and Developed Jenkins build deployments.
- Used Artifactory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Experienced using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Used Shell scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Automation of build process and CI/CD using Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Experience in creating inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using the Ansible tower.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Implemented pre and post hooks in GIT.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates
- Worked on Migration Strategy and developed a POC migrating VMware/On-premise datacenter to AWS utilizing, AWS EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, and Direct Connect.
- Created and updated Chef recipes and cookbooks, profiles and roles using Ruby and JSON scripting
- Creating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Worked on Scripts, procedures and functions in AWS Redshift to make the solution flexible.
- Designed, maintained continuous build and continuous integration environments in Scrum and Agile Projects, combining and automating tools like Selenium with build processes to provide feedback for development teams.
- Installed chef server Enterprise on premise/workstation/ bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/Chefspec.
- Used Chef and other configuration management tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Managing Infrastructure configuration via Chef cookbooks for systems in AWS.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Openstack cloud.
- SonarQube was used for applications to configure the settings, alerts, exclusives etc., by using web i.e., Online
- Worked on Integrating Nagios with other monitoring solutions such as Splunk, Pingdom etc.,
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines.
- Create, plan and deploy Nagios monitoring server environment and manage Nagios High Availability solution.
- Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management.
- Used Cloud Foundry and Open Shift to build, run and deploy various codes using tools like Docker and to create an agile platform for cloud native applications and software.
- Implemented debug log structures to store test results for test reporting with Junit.
- Deployment project on Ansible as auto deployment server including services such as httpd, tomcat.
- Worked on Build & Deployment activities using Ant and Nant build scripts.
- Documented the entire build and release process and provided support.
- Kept track of all releases and request of the developers through infrastructure management tools.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Docker, PowerShell, Nagios, Shell scripts, Ansible, Splunk, Perl, TFS, SSH, LDAP, Teamcity, Bamboo, SonarQube, JSON, Python, Openstack, PUPPET, ANT, Gradle, Agile, Nant, MAVEN, MS build, Jenkins, Chef, AWS, Cloud Foundry, Ruby, Maven, LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP, Java, JIRA
DevOps / Build and Release Engineer
- Participate in multiple projects architectures and strategic decisions meetings to architect the new software systems or modify the existing ones.
- Provide architectural consultation to solution and application architects utilizing best practices, design patterns and standards for designing Build, Design and Support Cisco Cloud architecture environment using Open stack.
- Involved in the developing application using Java technologies like JSP, Spring, Hibernate.
- Used Angular JS to extend the functionality of HTML.
- Designed the user interface for the application using HTML 5, Ajax, DOM, Java Scriptand Angular JS
- Develop knowledge of all architectures of engineering applications and help document them for business analysis for future projects.
- Configure and build Open Stack Havana, Icehouse using Ansible and Python scripts. Tested and implemented applications built using Python.
- Used Chef to automate the deployment workflow of JAVA applications on Apache Tomcat and Oracle Weblogic servers.
- Involved in leading Automation Deployment Team by working with Puppet.
- Configure and build Open stack Havana, Icehouse using Ansible and Puppet scripts.
- Automated entire deployment, infrastructure using various elements of Chef, including the nodes, the server, premium features of the server, and the workstation.
- Configure and Maintain ceph storage using C USC servers.
- Configuring and implemented an OpenStack SDN infrastructure to enable massive dynamic scaling of compute and storage resources.
- Configuring and implemented OpenStack Nova to provision virtual machines on KVM for compute.
- Designed and implemented OpenStack Keystone to provide unified authentication between OpenStack Nova, Swift and Glance APIs using IDM solution, ldap and hybrid drivers.
- Used AngularJS to create maintainable and testable single page application and Implemented 2-way data binding and used ng-filters across the applications
- Designed and implemented the OpenStack Neutron API with the SDN controller application to create a virtual network overlay on the Cisco Nexus 5000, 7000 and 9000 switches.
- Designed and implemented OpenStack Cinder to provide block storage.
- Periodically working on LSI and CMIC code upgrades for cloud infrastructure.
- Maintaining scripts for trial Project cleanup for open stack resources cleanup.
- Working on Products like Cloud Cruiser and PPM. Maintaining GIT repos and Jenkins for builds.
- Migrating l3 networks, routers and VM's across compute nodes and Network nodes.
- Working on monitoring tools like Nagios and Zabbix.
Environment: Cloud architecture, Chef, puppet, OpenStack Nova, SDN, Havana, Ansible, Python scripts, LSI, CMIC, Cloud cruiser, Angular JS, HTML, Java Script, PPM, GIT, Jenkins, Nagios, Zabbix
UNIX System Admin
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Solaris, HP-UX, RHEL Linux and Tru64 operating systems.
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle and DB2/UDB database.
- Installation of patches and packages.
- Installation and configuration of VERITAS Netbackup.
- Installation and configuration of VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS File System and VERITAS Cluster Server, Tivoli Endpoint.
- Server Build from the scratch with Oracle Installation and instance creation.
- Created User, Groups. File Systems per database requirement
- Created Oracle/UDB users and assigned appropriate permission.
- Disk and File system management through VERITAS Volume Manager, HP Logical Volume Manager and Compaq Logical Storage Manager.
- Netscape and Apache web server & samba server configuration and troubleshooting.
- Created physical and logical volumes/groups using logical volume manager.
- Created CMR and followed proper process to validating and closing project/SR.
- Job scheduling through maestro scheduler
- Manage existing high available application services using VERITAS CLUSTER server.
- Configuration and Administration of VERITAS Cluster Server.
- Trouble shooting of day to day system and user problems
- Wrote scripts for automation of administration tasks.
Environment: Sun Solaris (7, 8 and 9), SunUltra E 3500/4500/5500/6000/ , E15K, V240, V440, V480, 1280. Tru64 (4.x) DS/20/DS10/DEC 8200, HP-UX (10.x, 11) HP 9000, AIX (4.x and 5.x) IBM RS/6000 and pSeries, Disk arrays A1000/D1000/A3000/A5000/BA356/EMC, Tape Libraries Storagetek L700/9710/ Timber Wolf9730, and SAN Storage Works
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat LINUX.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Creation of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) for LINUX operating systems.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on LINUX Servers.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and bash for day-to-day administration.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Daily tasks such as taking data backups, cleaning junk content and updating software
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and upgrade software and hardware on Unix/LINUX based systems
- Quickly resolve all IP network issues to reduce waste and downtime while also ensuring client Service Level Agreements
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server
- Responsible for setting up cron jobs scripts on production servers.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate LINUX servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SLES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in LINUX
Environment: Red Hat LINUX (RHEL 4/5), Logical Volume Manager, Global File System, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Oracle, C, C++, MySQL, DNS, LDAP, NIS, NFS, Apache, Tomcat.