- Seasoned Java/J2EE Technical Lead (Experience 10+ Years) with hands on experience on Core Java along with J2EE frameworks/toolkits such as Spring, iBatis 2.3, JMX 1.2, JMS, JBOSS jBPM, Mule 2.x, J2EE Security, Various Web and XML technologies, Databases, Build/Deployment technologies, Web and Application Servers etc.
- Led various projects in all phases of Software development such as Requirement Gathering/Understanding/finalization, Conducting Design Sessions(JADs), doing POCs, Preparing Technical Design document, Design Reviews, Complex piece of Development, Peer and lateral code reviews, Deployment/Integration with Web/Application Servers, UAT/Production support etc.
- Worked with J2EE Security mechanisms including securing Web (UI layer), Application (Server Side/ Java layer) & Database layer.
- Involved in ensuring quality of Application with code review tools such as FindBugs, CheckStyle, PMD, HammurAPI, Compile time Aspects and JUnit coverage tools such as Clover, Eclema etc.
- Worked as DevOps engineer for streamlining Build/Continuous Integration process for very high volume project with setting up CruiseControl & writing high quality build files
- Involved in Performance/load testing of Application with JMeter
- Hands on experience with tools such as IBM Rational Software Modeller, IBM Rational Application Developer, Microsoft Visio, TOAD, SQL developer, SVN, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Microsoft VSS etc.
- Extensive Knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), ESB concepts (Mule 2.x), AJAX, Test Driven Development (TDD) & Agile Development Methodologies including SCRUM etc.
- Handled various non - functional activities such as Security, Application Restart/Recoverability, and Performance etc.
- Strong technical leadership and mentoring capabilities and have consulted, guided various projects and developer teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge on business domains such as Health Insurance (Integrated Eligibility and MMIS), Investment Banking, Mutual Funds, Life Insurance etc
- Has been appreciated by employers for commitment and contributions, and is recipient of multiple organizational s in career.
Primary Skills: Core Java, J2EE, Spring, JMX 1.2, JMS, J2EE Security, MyBatis, JBOSS jBPM 3.xMule 2.x ESB, JSP, Servlets, Struts, AJAXWeb services, Batch Framework
Secondary Skills: EJB 2.x, XSLT 1.0, ANT, UNIX, Maven, Control M
Application Server: WebSphere 7.X, Oracle 10g Application Server, JBoss App Server
Web Server: Apache Tomcat
Version Control: SVN, Microsoft VSS, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Database: Oracle 11g (SQL & PL-SQL)
Framework/Architecture: SPRING, SOA, Web Services, J2EE Security, ESBPortal technologies, Micro Services Bases architecture
Integration Technologies: Mule 2.x, WebSphere MQ series, Active MQ
API/Tools: Eclipse, IBM RSM, IBM RAD, TOAD, SQL- Developer, ANT Scripts, CruiseControl, Hammurapi, Clover Coverage, DBUnit, JunitEasyMock, JMeter, Hermes JMS, HtmlUnit etc.
Senior Solution Engineer
Technology: Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, Spring, Batch framework, Web Services, Control M, Cruise control, ANT, RAD, Websphere, Oracle SQL, PL-SQL, iLog jRules
- Led the team of 10+ developers and 2 Systems analysts for technical implementation(Requirements, Design, Estimation, Development, Deployment, Production Support) of Integrated Eligibility module for Commonwealth of Virginia State client
- Technical and functional Team lead for Java, Database and iLog rules based implementation of Integrated Eligibililty
- Led Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with Business Stakeholders (Project Managers, Program Managers, Directors etc) for Integrated Eligibility requirements and design
- Performed High level and detailed level functional and technical design for the System
- Worked with cross functional teams to finalize requirements and design
- Developed common framework components for achieving high reusability across multiple programs of the application code
- Groomed technical team on functional and technical architecture of the System
- Performed detailed code/design reviews for the technical and functional team
- Provided status report and progress update to senior management
Technology: Core Java 1.7, Spring, jQuery, SlickGrid, Adoe Flex 3.x, AJAX, Weservices(REST & SOAP), Web Technologies, Portal Technologies, Hudson, Cruisecontrol, Maven, Apache Tomcat
- Working with Business stakeholders to understand business requirements.
- High level and detailed estimation for work objects.
- Interfacing with technical architects to create detailed Technical Design specifications and conducting design reviews.
- Involved In technical decision making in terms of tools & technologies & design Implementation.
- Guiding offshore team members for design, development and code reviews.
- Writing complex piece of component development.
- Performing design and code reviews of offshore team.
- Supporting project in multiple cycles such as SIT, UAT and Production Support.
- Worked in complex multi-team environment located at different geographical locations.
- Direct point of contact for all technical issues such as Application Performance, Code Quality etc.
- Led team of 6 developers based in India.
Technology: Core Java 1.5, Spring 2.5, JMX 1.2, iBatis 2.3, J2EE SecurityJMS, JBOSS jBPM, Mule 1.x, Websphere MQ
Technical Lead, Designer
- Done POCs on technologies used such as Spring 2.5, JMX, JMS, Spring-JMS Integration, Spring-JMX Integration, JMX Connectors, Integration of Spring-JMX on Standalone registry, Tomcat 5.1 as well as Websphere 6.1.
- Done POCs on server side caching framework named EHCache & its integration with Spring.
- Involved in finalizing technical design/specifications which includes creating Technical Specification Document & getting it verified with Technology Specialists, Technical Architects of Client.
- Responsible for end to end development, deployment of application on application server.
- Involved In technical decision making in terms of tools & technologies & design implementation.
- Used key concepts of TDD in Java Development with use of JUnit 4.x, EasyMock, ANT-SQL integration & DBunit for Integration testing with database.
- Owner for various non functional activities in project such as Security, Restart/Recoverability, Performance etc.
- Involved in performance testing/tuning of application with Apache JMeter.
- Led team of 3 developers.
Technology: Java, J2EE, ANT, XSLT, CruiseControl
- Understanding of program Specification for Framework module.
- Involved in development of Framework tools using Java and XSLT.
- Involved in developing build scripts for different modules using ANT.
- Design/Development/Setup of Cruisecontrol for build management for very high volume project.
- Developed the HammurAPI Inspectors for Code review.