- Around 8 years of extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Web Application Design, Development, Programming, Testing, Support Maintenance, and End - User support using java/J2EE technologies with WebSphere, DB2 and WebLogic application servers.
- Responsible for coding, implementation and unit testing of various J2EE related projects.
- Core expertise, design and expert level coding skills in Core Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, JDBC, MVC Framework, Spring, Struts, XML, HTML, Hibernate.
- Expertise in socket, collections, serialization, threads programming.
- Expertise in various open source frameworks like Struts 2, spring and Object Relational Mapping Technology like Hibernate.
- Developed Webpages using UI frameworks, AngularJS and ExtJs.
- Experience building cloud native app with Spring Framework and Spring Boot (Auto Configuration)
- Extensive experience of working on all tiers of J2EE n-tier Architecture. Servlets & JSP using the Struts framework in the web tier and EJB as business tier and JDBC/SQL to interface with the EIS tier.
- Proficient in designing applications using Java and J2EE Design Patterns such as Creational, Structural and Behavioral design patterns like Singleton, Factory, Builder, Observer, Command Patterns, etc.
- Very good knowledge of ORM utilities like Hibernate. Used Object/Relational persistence and query service Hibernate.
- Proficiency in developing secure enterprise Java applications using technologies such as JSP, Servlets, JAVA Beans, C++, EJB, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, XML.
- Helped designed and develop a RESTful API that provided account management capability as well as security role lookup and management for all downstream dependencies in the digital supply chain.
- Experience in SOAP, JAX-RPC, JAXB, JAXP (XML binding technologies), XML and WSDL using IBM-MQ (messaging technology) series for developing Web Services.
- Experience with JSF. Expertise on entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Intranet and Internet applications using Web/Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic and Portlets Application Server.
- Sound Relational Database RDBMS concepts using SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2.
- Installation, configuration and administration knowledge of Apache Tomcat, WebLogic.
- Knowledge in Agile software development process, test driven development and Object-oriented modeling UML, Object-Oriented analysis and design, developing Use Cases, Interaction Diagrams (Sequence and Activity), Class Diagrams, and Package Diagrams using Rational Rose & Visio.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize work load, manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines by following project standards and procedures as per client specifications.
- Strengths include broad and deep technical knowledge, with ability to quick assess and learn unfamiliar systems and to analyze scope and establish technical and business requirements.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential - Plano, TX
- Actively involved in defining and designing the tiers of the applications and implementation using J2EE design practices.
- Developed User Interfaces using HTML, CSS and JSP's for user interaction.
- Enhanced application by building new components in Angular 2 and typescript with a REST wrapper around the existing backend Java services as well as various enterprise web services integration.
- Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection Spring DI and Spring MVC with Spring Boot for REST API's.
- Utilized JIRA as a ticketing tool and SVN for code repository.
- Developed DAOs (Data Access Object) using Hibernate as ORM to interact with DBMS Oracle 11g.
- Used Hibernate Transaction Management, Hibernate Batch Transactions and Cache Concepts. Implemented JMS for asynchronous auditing purposes.
- Responsible for change requests and maintenance during development of the project.
- Implemented design patterns such as Singleton, Factory and Builder.
- Designed and deployed server side EJB (Session Beans and Entity Beans) components on Eclipse IDE. Implemented server side tasks using Servlets and XML.
- Consumed Web Service using WSDL and SOAP and Used SoapUI for testing.
- Wrote PL/SQL queries, Stored Procedures, and Triggers to perform back-end database operations.
- Configured the project on Oracle WebLogic application server.
- Used Restful web services to consume the service and SOAP UI to test the web services.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Worked with third-party services like Content Manager on Demand (CMOD) and PDF BOX tool.
- Worked on creating a test harness using POJOs which would come along with the installer and test the services every time the installer would be run.
- Installed, configured, and managed the servers (AWS, Linux, Tomcat, Apache, MongoDB, Hudson/Jenkins, JIRA, Git, and JUnit)
- Design and development of different modules for Straight Thru Trades Processing system, using Sybase ASE, Perl, Java (JSP, JDBC)
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained custom Ant tasks in Java and Groovy.
- Experienced in working with Tomcat, WebLogic and IIS web servers.
- Created a light front-end framework against the JSON API for their service request portal using Backbone.js.
- Used Multithreading and collections to improve performance of application.
- Built scripts using Apache Ant to build the J2EE applications. Used SVN for version control.
- Written Test cases using JUnit framework to validate the application flows in different scenarios. Implemented the logging mechanism using Log4j framework.
Sr. Java /J2EE Developer
Confidential - West Des Moines, IA
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis from the existing system. Captured requirements using Use Cases and Sequence Diagrams.
- Developed application using spring and Hibernate.
- Involved in making release builds for deploying the application for test environments.
- Refactored existing project to make it more RESTful and thread-safe.
- Worked on AngularJS to minimize the impedance mismatch between documents centric HTML and what an application needs by creating new HTML constructs.
- Developed and used JSP custom tags in the web tier to dynamically generate web pages.
- Used Putty for UNIX login to check the server logs.
- Worked on analytics applications with Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Used spring to manage beans to use windows session state framework to persist session to the database.
- Used Spring IOC and MVC for enhanced modules.
- Managed maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Used AJAX and JSON for asynchronous call to the servers.
- Access from the mainframe to the distributed system was through socket programming.
- Implemented spring service layer with dependency wiring, transaction, DAO and annotations.
- Developed web applications using Rational Application Developer (RAD) and deployed it in web sphere application server5.1
- Used Hibernate for connecting to the database and mapping the entities by using Hibernate Annotations. Used JUnit and jMock for unit testing.
- Used Maven for build framework and Jenkins for continuous build system.
- Developed GUI using Front end technologies like JSP, JSTL, AJAX, HTML, CSS and Java Script.
- Developed a code for Web services using XML, SOAP and used SOAPUI tool for testing the services proficient in testing Web Pages functionalities and raising defects.
- Participated in Code Reviews for better quality assurance and Debugged the application Module. Deployed the application on WebSphere server.
- Experience using and creating custom scripts and applications using the AWS SDK and/or CLI Tools. Experience in developing scripts using RESTful API models for the purposes of integrating workflows with AWS.
- Write automated test cases in Java/JUnit 4 and Selenium for telnet, REST web services, web UI, Android UI.
- Implemented JMS to generate appointment logs.
- Used Java Messaging artifacts using JMS (MQ Series) for sending out automated notification emails to respective users of the application.
- Used Log4J to print info, warning and error data on to the logs.
Sr. Java Developer
Confidential - Jacksonville, FL
- Identified the Business requirements of the project. Involved in preparing System Requirements for the project. Involved in preparing the Detailed Design document for the project.
- Extensively used MVC, Factory, Delegate and Singleton design patterns.
- Used Full Stack JS for removing the need for managing database interactions on client views.
- Designed, Developed and analyzed the front-end and back-end using JSP and Spring 3.0.
- Used Spring Framework AOP Module to implement logging in the application to know the application status. Used Spring DAO Module along with Struts Framework to deal with Database.
- Spring MVC Framework pattern is used to have relationships between application components. It is also used to separate the application configuration and dependency specification from the actual application code.
- Developed, and debugged the Servlets and EJB with WebSphere Application server.
- Developed Session, Entity Beans and Message Driven Beans.
- Used Spring Validation framework to implement the server side validations and used AJAX to get the data from the server asynchronously by using JSON objects.
- Developed UI with Struts Tiles framework, JMS, HTML, JSP, JavaScipt, JQuery to present Client side GUI.
- Implemented Representational state transfer (REST) Web services for distributed systems using Jersey framework.
- Developed efficient web services for server and client communication protocols through REST architecture.
- Designed the data flow for the client-side screens and the object interaction layer for the server side components using Rational Rose. Involved in Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- MQ was used to provide a single unifying transport that reduces cost and maintenance efforts, including support for HTTP, REST and JMS.
- Used XML/XSLT for transforming common XML format. Designed configuration XML Schema for the application.
- Used XML HTTP Request Object to provide asynchronous communication as part of AJAX implementation.
- Used SOAP for Web Services by exchanging XML data between applications over HTTP.
- WSDL was used for publishing Web Service interfaces.
- JUnit tests were written to test each module in the application. Involved in Code Review, Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Wrote Ant Scripts to automate the build and deploy process.
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Actively participated in meetings with Business Analysts and Architects to identify the scope, requirements and architecture of the project.
- Designed UML Class Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams to understand the code easily.
- Developed application user interface using JSF 2.0 Web Framework. Effectively used JSF converters such as convert Number, convert Date Time and various validator's.
- Used various JSF tags such as input Text, select One Menu, graphic Image, output Style Sheet, command Button and command Link etc.
- Used JSF framework in developing user interfaces using JSF UI Components, Validator, Events and Listeners.
- Created various resource bundle files for custom messages.
- Created multiple composite components and used JSF inbuilt event handlers.
- Developed data access layer using Hibernate ORM and its second level cache for optimizing the database performance.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and Functions using PL/SQL in Oracle.
- Developed XML parser classes by using JAXP and XPATH API for parsing XML documents.
- Developed and consumed RESTful web services using Java Servlets, Apache XMLBeans, and JSON. Used XMLSpy and SoapUI to test the web services end points.
- Used Apache Ant build tool for compilation and building WAR files.
- Used IBM-DB2 to retrieve the data from and Oracle 10g has been used to save the end results into the database.
- Used SVN as a Version Control System.
- Extensively used Java Multi-Threading concept for downloading files from a URL.
- Build and configured Tomcat 6.0 for use as a standalone web server for development that supports Servlets and JSP for a specific module.
- Developed various test cases using JUnit testing frame work to test various modules of the application. Implemented logging by using Apache Log4j logging framework.
- Worked closely with the Requirements team and analyzed the Use cases. Elaborated on the Use cases based on business requirements and was responsible for creation of class diagrams, sequence diagrams.
- Developed XML files, DTDs, Schema's and parsing XML by using both SAX and DOM parser.
- Involved in planning process of iterations under the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Developed and used JSP custom tags in the web tier to dynamically generate web pages.
- Worked with Struts (MVC Paradigm) components such as Action Mapping, Action class, Dispatch action class, Action Form bean.
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection.
- Implemented Spring Service Layer with Dependency Wiring, Transaction, DAO, and Annotations.
- Expertise in Web Page development using XML and XSLT Library.
- Experienced in various modules of spring namely Spring Core, Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring JDBC and Spring MVC.
- Developed the Action Class to handle the request and responses in Struts.
- Deployed the Web Application in JBoss EAP.
- Developed POJO Objects and used JPA as the Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tool to store the persistent data in MySQL database.
- Used PL/SQL, Stored Procedures for handling MySQL database.
- Developed Unit Test Cases. Used JUnit for unit testing of the application.
- Java Server Faces (JSF) for building component-based user interface
- Used Log4j for logging the user events.
- Maven for compilation and building JAR, WAR and EAR files.
- The networks are simulated in real-time using an ns3 network simulator modified for Multithreading across multiple cores, which is implemented on generic Linux machine.
- Provided Technical support for production environments resolving the issues, analyzing the defects, providing and implementing the solution for defects.