- 7+ years of IT experience in application design, software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile methodologies maintenance and enhancement of web - based applications.
- Complete understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Development of web-based and client/server systems on multiple platforms in a distributed environment.
- Experience in Distributed Application Development and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Expertise in development of multi-tiered enterprise applications using Java/J2EE technologies like Spring, Struts, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, JDBC, JMS, IBM MQ Series, JNDI, Java Beans.
- Experience with Java 8 features such as Lambda Expressions for making inline function calls by using Functional Interfaces which makes code readable and concise.
- Knowledgeable with RDBMS concepts like writing SQL Queries. Working experience of Relational DBMS like MySQL, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server (MS SQL), DB2 and NoSQL DBMS like MongoDB and Oracle Performance Tuning.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, SQS, Elastic Load Balancer, Dynamo DB, through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Extensive experience in developing applications using Java, Java Beans, JSP, Servlets, Apache Struts framework, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, MQ, XML: XSLT, DTD or Schema modelling, DOM/XPath/SAX parsing, JDWP, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring dynamic modules (OSGI), Hibernate, AJAX, JUnit, stubby, Oracle.
- Good working knowledge in Health, Banking and Finance, Manufacturing Domains.
- Expertise in installing, configuring and deploying applications in WebLogic, JBOSS, WebSphere and Tomcat application server.
- Good knowledge in developing and deploying applications on J2EE servers like Apache Tomcat/Web Logic/Web Sphere for deployment and customizing WAR/JAR file management for web applications.
- Experience on Subversion (SVN), CVS and GitHub as versioning software tools.
- Versatile team player with good communication, analytical, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Worked on Integration of Spring and Hibernate frameworks using Spring ORM Module
- Good knowledge on AWS databases like RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, ElastiCache.
- Experience in writing database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, PL/SQL packages and cursors for Oracle, SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Experience in developing Server Side Code with good knowledge of enterprise and persistence design patterns like Singleton, Factory, Facade, Front Controller, Data Access Object and MVC, Composite view, Business Delegate patterns.
Operating System: Windows 10, Linux Mint 18.1, UNIX OS
Methodologies: Agile, waterfall, TDD
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Angular JS 1.X JSF, Struts 1.x/2.0
Application/Web servers: IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, NginX
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12C, SQL server, MySQL, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Dynamo DB, PostgreSQL
Build/Version Control/CI Tools: GIT, SVN, GitHub, Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Ant, Maven, Gradle
Testing and Logging Frameworks: JUnit, JMeter, Log4J, Test NG, power mock, Selenium, Jasmine, SoapUI
Web Services: SOAP, REST/Restful, WSDL, JAXB
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential, Allen, TX
- Agile development (2week sprints/Iterations), Test Driven Development (TDD), Junit, Mockito, Gradle, JIRA issue navigator, Crucible Code Reviews is part of every day's work.
- Responsible for creation of design artifacts such as use cases and sequence diagrams.
- Developed application on Spring 3.x framework by utilizing its features like Multi-threading, Spring Dependency injection, Spring Beans, Spring Security, Spring JDBC, Spring Web flow using Spring MVC.
- Worked on Spring Web Flow on Spring MVC to build an application from scratch using Spring XML configurations, annotations. Wrote controllers to handle incoming requests and send output to the UI.
- Used Spring Boot and Spring Security framework to set up authentication and authorization for the application using firm wide single sign on.
- To verify the behavior of the system under test used Mockito Framework.
- Created various spring boot and spring batch applications to connect them to various databases and created queries to retrieve data and modify the tables for the databases.
- I have experience on other JVM based languages such as groovy and Scala for Gatling test.
- Developed persistence layer integrating Hibernate with Spring ORM support, also used Spring JDBC for lightweight database operations.
- Worked on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and EBS for installing, configuring and auto scaling.
- Used JPA Annotations for Mapping Objects to Tables, hibernate features such as Lazy Loading, Hibernate Query Language (HQL), Criteria and Pagination.
- Involved in writing JAVA API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Experience with Service oriented architecture (SOA), developing SOAP web services based on JAX-WS (Document Style) using HTTP Protocol on Bottom Up style development for creating Endpoints.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSF, Ajax, LESS, DOJO, and JQuery.
- Used Drools to handle complex business rules using Rule Sets and Rule Flows.
- Wrote complex SQLs, Stored Procedures PL/SQL using SQL developer, EJB & TOAD, executed on Oracle Database.
- Created custom page templates and used ADF skinning features to design web pages. Developed the backend using Groovy and Grails, Value Object and DAO.
- Used Bitbucket as source control tool for branching, merging and maintain code versions in the repository enabled using Maven Versioning Capability.
- Developed, Tested and Deployed application in Apache Tomcat 7.0.
- Created REST API's Microservices and EJB using Express Router/Model/Controller architecture. Models connect to MySQL and MongoDB using Node.js MySQL and Mongoose modules.
- Implemented the interaction between applications and Mule ESB by using Message Service clients.
- Used Java and Web services to validate the Migration Functions.
Senior Java Developer
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Involved in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases of the project using Agile methodology.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as multi-threading, exception handling, collection APIs to implement various features and enhancements.
- Extensively worked on business, front end and persistence tier using the JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC, and JSON.
- Used design patterns like Front controller, DTO, Singleton, Facade, Factory design patterns.
- Used Hibernate framework for back end development and Spring Dependency Injection for middle layer development.
- Utilized Angular dependency injection to inject different Services including inner Services and custom services and create some custom directives to do some reusable component.
- Maintained Cross Browser compatibility & implement Responsive Web Design using Twitter Bootstrap and custom media queries.
- Developed CSS styles to maintain the uniformity of all the screens throughout the application and positioning of screen objects.
- Made AJAX calls using Backbone.js to get data & parsing it for showing on webpage.
- Successfully handled JSON/XML data and carried out JSON/XML parsing for form submissions and DOM manipulation.
- Created REST web services & consumed it using Angular to communicate between apps.
- Performed form validations using reactive forms for sign in and inputting ticket rising information from Angular framework.
- Created tables and worked on SQL and PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures functions and packages for complex Inserts and updates in the database.
- Used the MQ JMS messaging system to enable Applications to communicate with one another through the exchange of Messages.
- Worked on development of Hibernate, including mapping files, configuration file and classes to interact with the database.
- Worked with Hibernate Query Language (HQL) to store and retrieve data from MongoDB.
- Deployed allocations in the JBOSS application servers and written automation scripts on UNIX boxes.
- Installation and maintenance of Git for users to check out project and maintain various versions of the project implemented Log4J for Logging Errors, debugging and tracking.
- Used JUnit framework for unit testing of application and implemented Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology.
Environment: Java, Java Beans, J2EE, Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Web Logic, Hibernate, RESTful Web Service, HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, Angular, jQuery, JSP, XSD, Agile, MongoDB, JMS, Eclipse Oxygen, STS, JUnit, Log4J, Unix, Git, Maven, FileZilla, Sun Solaris (Unix), Jenkins, MyEclipse.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Worked as per Agile (Scrum) methodology to meet customer expectation, timelines with quality deliverables.
- Developed multiple GWT (Google Web Toolkit) web application from client to server.
- Used Two-way data binding features of AngularJS to implement Data binding to bind various server controls to the data from database.
- Used AngularJS as framework to create a Single Page Application (SPA), which can bind data to specific views and synchronize data with server.
- Designed and implemented AJAX server calls to dynamically retrieve customer information.
- Achieved synchronization of multiple threads through Multithreading and Exception Handling.
- Maintained Interface compatibility and concurrency in the project using Java 8 new features like default, static methods and Concurrency API.
- Used Java 8 Method References feature to point to methods by their names and used functional Interfaces.
- Used the Spring IOC feature to get Hibernate session factory & resolve other bean dependencies also used Spring framework AOP features.
- Created Hibernate mapping files, sessions, transactions, Query and Criteria's to fetch the data from SQL based schema.
- Implemented the application using Spring IOC, Spring MVC Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Boot and handled the security using Spring Security.
- Writing services in Spring Boot and running and deploying them in cloud.
- Implemented Batch jobs to deal with large number of chunks using Spring Batch Framework to execute the similar jobs simultaneously.
- Create and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying Micro Services and lambda functions using CI/CD Jenkins server.
- Implemented service methods and SQL queries, PL/SQL to interact with the Oracle DBMS.
- Implemented the NoSQL databases like Cassandra and later writing complex PL/SQL queries using joins, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Cursors, and indexes in Data Access Layer using PostgreSQL, Cassandra as a database.
- Installed, secured, and configured AWS cloud servers and Amazon AWS virtual servers (Linux).
- Used Amazon IAM to maintain the user credentials and involved in creating custom IAM policies to various groups defined with the organization.
- Object storage service Amazon S3 is to store and retrieve media files such as images and Amazon Cloud Watch is used to monitor the application and to store the logging information.
- Involved in writing Java API for Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
- Designed and implemented MongoDB based database and created REST enabled Web Services on Jersey framework.
- Designed and developed XML validation functionality and store XML document in database.
- Worked on OSGI, REST APIs, and Elastic Search to efficiently handle the data.
- Designed and developed RESTful Services to retrieving configuration JSON documents related to customer.
- Used Apache Axis Service Engine for creating and deploying Web Service clients using SOAP, WSDL.
- Used JIRA tool for Issue/bug tracking, monitoring of work assignment in the system.
- Log4J was used to monitor the error logs and used GIT as version control tool.
- Followed the Maven build life cycle to build the application and deployed into Web Sphere application server.
- Developed test cases and performed unit testing using Junit.
Environment: HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, JQuery, AngularJS, NodeJS, Bootstrap, Foundation, Java 8, Multithreading, Java/J2EE, JDK, GWT, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Micro Services, OSGI, Hibernate, WebSphere, Agile, RESTful, JSP, JDBC, JMS, JTA, MongoDB, TDD, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Maven, RAD, Log4j, JUnit, Selenium, Jenkins, GIT, AWS EC2, JIRA.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Followed AGILE Methodology to promote iterations, collaboration, and process adaptability and participated in SCRUM Meetings throughout the life cycle of project.
- Developed, deployed and maintained Single Sign On application in development, test and production environments.
- Updated/modified JSP pages using Struts tags, used JQuery and its validator plugin for validating Forms in the presentation layer.
- Used AJAX and JSON to send request to server and updating GUI pages using callback functions.
- Implemented AJAX for couple of navigation screen flows for asynchronous calls.
- Configured new actions, result types and global errors in struts.xml and used struts tiles to create application web pages.
- Worked on design patterns which include Decorator, Facade, Front controller, Intercepting filter and MVC.
- Used Spring MVC to build the Web application services.
- Designed and developed Application based on Spring framework using MVC design patterns.
- Developed the Web Services Client using SOAP, WSDL description to verify the credit history of the new customer to provide a connection.
- See web services for interaction between various components and created SOAP envelopes.
- Developed SOAP web services utilizing business logic for CRUD functionality and Rest Easy web services for creating reports.
- Developed reusable and interoperable Web service modules based on SOA architecture using SOAP and Restful
- Implemented Spring MVC Controller module for better handling of client request, consume, RESTful data service and sending response back to client.
- Used Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) to convert Java Objects to XML conversions. Created RESTful web services interface to Java-based runtime engine and accounts.
- Used HQL (Hibernate Query Language) and Query criteria to interact with data base (MYSQL)
- Used ANT for builds creation and to push into different environments
- Involved in production bug fixes, analyzing and improving overall application performance.
- Deployed the applications using WebLogic Application server.
- Used SVN as version control tool.
- Used log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions, debugging and request/response/error logging.
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Coding and Development of custom Interfaces. Involved in developing static pages using HTML. Created custom tags for better navigation of the JSP pages.
- Developed JSP's for dynamic content generation and a script file which contains generalized script functions.
- Wrote server-side programs by using Servlets and JSP's to handle various requests from the client browser and send responses.
- Provided utility classes for the application using Core Java and extensively used Collection package.
- JDBC were used in retrieving data. Involved coding SQL Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers. Wrote a controller Servlet that dispatched requests to appropriate classes.
- Designed the website and created/developed web interfaces.
- Created graphics including Icons, Images and logos using Adobe Flash Catalyst.
- Debug the application using Firebug to traverse the documents & manipulated the Nodes using DOM and DOM Functions.
- Developed Model and DAO classes using Hibernate Reverse Engineering.
- Developed Struts action classes and Struts action form beans for the information flow between database and Model.
- Interpreted and manipulated Struts and hibernate configure files.
- Prepared backend procedures, triggers and functions using native SQL.
- Used jQuery plugins for Drag-and-Drop, Widgets, Menus, User Interface and Forms.
- Developed features using Servlets, JSP, Java beans, Hibernate.
- Designed and Developed Java classes, XML Mapping files and Service classes to use the Hibernate API.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the project was developed using Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Implemented the application using Jakarta Struts Framework which is based on Model View Controller design pattern.
- Used the Struts validation and Tiles Framework in the presentation layer.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries & Struts Tag Libraries to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Developed various Hibernate components to fulfill the business functionality.
- Session Beans have been used to process the requests from the user.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Used Spring Framework for Dependency injection and integrated with the Struts Framework and Hibernate.
- Used Web services - WSDL and SOAP for getting credit card information from third party.
- Used JMS API for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the Message queue.
- Implemented various design patterns in the project such as Business Delegate, Session Façade, Data Transfer Object, Data Access Object, Service Locator and Singleton.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle 9i database and used the Stored Procedures in the application.
- Performed unit testing using JUNIT framework and used Struts Test Cases for testing Action Classes.
- Used Maven scripts to build the application and deployed on Web Sphere Application Server.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Designed Graphical user interface using Java Swing, HTML and JSF.
- Developed the different components of application such as JSPs, Servlets, EJB's using WebSphere Studio Application Developer and used CVS for version control.