- Around 7 years of experience in IT industry with deep experience on Cloud Implementation and Migration, Cloud services, Cloud security, Infrastructure as Code, Containerization/Orchestration, Configuration Management, CI/CD etc.
- Extensive experience in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud services which include EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, VPC, Route 53, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, RedShift, Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, Dynamo DB. And, also worked in migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Chef, EBS and Ops works.
- Experience in working with Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates for automating Infrastructure provisioning as Code - for example, VPC’s, ELB’s, Security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets etc.
- Reduced costs by ~$24000 each month by eliminating unnecessary servers and consolidating databases
- Expertise in App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaces versions and good understanding of Open Shift Platform in managing Docker Containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Experience in emerging new technologies in microservices architecture. Troubleshooting Kubernetes Infrastructure setup and supporting application teams to fix their applications issues.
- Encrypt and decrypt Application data with an HTTP (TLS) API call. Key management, encryption algorithm, and more are offloaded and centrally managed by Vault.
- Proven record of performing a variety of assembly operations, Excellent knowledge of general warehouse arrangement, item recognition codes using Packer
- Hands-on experience in implementing Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage change by writing Python code by using Ansible Python API to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Extensively worked on Chef Roles, Cookbooks, Recipes, Templates, Resources, Attributes & Data bags. Configured Chef Server Enterprise on-premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and tested Chef Recipes, Cookbooks with test-kitchen and Chef inspect. configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet-master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation. And hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers Confidential once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules and packages stored in the GIT repo.
- Experienced using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Log Stash, and Kibana) to see logs information. Monitor & get the health & security notifications from nodes. Created monitors, alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch. And Implemented Instances and Prometheus on Kubernetes.
- Experience in Splunk solution design, architect, deployment and configuration of Splunk components like forwarders, Indexers, Search heads etc.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Bamboo and Drone for Continuous Integration and strong experience with integration of Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experience with the Apache Kafka platform and other messaging buses and Knowledge in Security framework integration. Configured Kafka Cluster and enabled security and configured monitoring tools on messaging platforms. Remote login to Virtual Machines to troubleshoot, monitor and deploy applications.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson.
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle.
Virtualization Technologies: Windows Hyper-V, VMware ESXI, Virtual Box, vCenter, vSphere, vRealize, Power VM.
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift.
Application/Web Server: Tomcat, Apache, Application Server, IIS, Oracle WebLogic Server 11g.
Testing and ticketing tools: SonarQube, Selenium, JIRA.
Monitoring and Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana.
Version Control Tools: GIT, GitHub, GitLab, Subversion, Bitbucket.
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, MacOS.
Database Systems: Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra).
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, Cisco Routers/Switches, NIS, NFS, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TCP/IP.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- As a DevOps Engineer supported multiple teams for Java/J2EE applications.
- Involved in building and maintaining Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Worked in AWS environment, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3, Elastic Block Storage), Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, SNS, IAM and Cloud Watch.
- Used IAM to assign roles, to create and manage AWS users, groups, and permissions to use AWS resources.
- Created Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of EC2 instances for backup and creating clone instances. Creation and Configuration of S3 buckets with restricted policies.
- Created EBS volumes to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots. Performed Data Back-up of Amazon EBS volumes to S3 by taking point-in-time snapshots.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources like EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, EBS volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions to monitor logs for better understanding of the operations.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture (AWS Lambda) and also Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Performed all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects, Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies
- Designed CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Chef and build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments.
- Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management and Chef servers, chef work stations, chef nodes and involved in bootstrapping new infrastructure chef nodes.
- Worked on implementing Kubernetes cluster with Docker to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Developed and maintained Docker images for a tech stack including Cassandra, KAFKA and several in house written Java services running on Kubernetes.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features with build and release process.
Environment: Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Git version Control, Maven, Chef, Nagios, Jenkins, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53, EBS, IAM, ELK, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling), Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Involved in creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Worked hands-on to create automated, containerized cloud application platforms and design and implement DevOps processes that use those platforms.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Used Amazon RDS to manage, create snapshots, and automate backup of database.
- Manage Code Repository by maintaining code repository in GIT; improve practices of branching and code merge to custom needs of development team.
- Creating the build script using the Maven as build tool, for JAVA based web applications.
- Installing and administering SVN, Jenkins and Artifactory.
- Handled continuous integration with Jenkins by using various plugins like Global Build Stats, Multiple SCMs, Parameterized Trigger and Configuration Slicing to increase the productivity.
- Troubleshooting of build issues during the Jenkins build process.
- Worked on Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker file, Docker-Compose files, Docker container snapshots, managing Docker volumes, and deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible for Orchestration of Deployments for various servers and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible modules, implemented CD automation using Ansible, also involved in managing existing Tomcat Webservers and automated the configuration of new servers.
- Utilized Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Code Coverage- Installed SONAR on Jenkins server and configure with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality and code metrics, and rapid feedback for development teams and managers.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Used the JIRA for bug tracking, creating the dashboard for issues.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, MS Build, WebLogic, JIRA, Ant, WIN-SCP, Putty, EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs, Ansible, SonarQube, IAM, Artifactory
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems. Used Bamboo and implemented CI/CD pipeline using plugins like conditional build step, deploy to Git.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Nexus repository and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Provided continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Bamboo under the CI/CD pipeline . Integrated Ant, Nexus, Bamboo , Bitbucket , Confluence and JIRA.
- Implemented CI/CD web hooks & workflows around Bamboo to automate the dev test deploy workflow around Puppet. Installed and Managed Bamboo and Nexus for CI and Sharing Artifacts respectively within the company.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing different packages, managing versions, setting parameters and manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, and Users Mount Points.
- Installed and administered Nexus repository to deploy the artifacts generated by ANT and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Analyzed frequently occurring system breaks and automated fixes with repetitive tasks using Shell and Python scripts and used to send notifications after each deployment.
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Integrated Bitbucket with JIRA for transition JIRA issues from within Bitbucket Server and monitored the JIRA issues in Bitbucket Server.
- Experience with RHEL Linux systems, virtualization in a large-scale environment, experience with Linux Containers.
Environment: Puppet, ANT, Jenkins, Web logic, Cruise Control, Java/J2EE, Shell Scripts, GIT, UNIX, Ubuntu LINUX, Windows XP
- Linux Administrator in a large team responsible for maintaining Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11.
- Updated and automated Release reports for Change Management. Created SVN configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing. Adding servers to the domain and managing the groups and users in Active Directory.
- Create and Cloned Linux Virtual Machines, Templates using VMware vSphere Client, vRealize and migrating servers between ESXi Hosts.
- Building & configuring RedHat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through Crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Administered RedHat Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, Mail server, MySQL database and firewalls in both development and production.
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting and python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks. Involved in writing Python, Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment in SDLC.
- In charge of reviewing existing manual Software Builds, developing scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risks using Shell scripting.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Squid server in Linux. Deployed Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
Environment: Linux, RHEL, Microsoft Windows, TCP/IP, Agile, WebLogic, MySQL, Apache, JBoss, Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, Python, Shell, Active Directory.