- Over 6 years of strong experience in the IT industry with diversified exposure in design, development, testing and deployment of web - based and client-server business applications using Java/J2ee Technologies.
- Experienced in Java Web-based, desktop and Multitier Based Development with Concepts of Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented Analysis (OOA), Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and its implementation.
- Expertise in design and development of various web and enterprise-level applications using Java/J2EE technologies Such as Spring MVC ,Spring data repository, Spring boot apps, Hibernate, Struts2framework, EJB, Servlets 3.x, JSF and Google Web Toolkit.
- Experience in frameworks like Spring MVC/IOC/ORM/JDBC/AOP/Context/Security, Struts (MVC Architecture, Mappings and Resource Builders) and JSP.
- Implemented Application transaction using Spring AOP framework.
- Expertise in the implementation of Core concepts of JAVA, J2EETechnologies, JSP, Servlets, JSTL, EJB transaction implementation (CMP, BMP, Message-Driven Beans), JMS, Struts, Spring, Swing, Hibernate, Java Beans, JDBC, Xml, Web Services, JNDI and Multi-Threading.
- Expertise in producing and consuming Restful Web-services.
- Hands-on experience in using Spring Cloud with Netflix OSS like ConfigServer, Hystrix, Eureka, Ribbon and Zuul Proxy gateway.
- Expertise in using and configuring Elastic-Stack (ELK) for log streaming and monitoring. Created Dashboards using in Kibana.
- Implemented the view layer using JSP , Servlets as Controller using Struts MVC , Business layer using spring 4.0 (IOC, AOP ), and persistent layer using DAO and Hibernate .
- Expertise in using and configuring Consul for Service Discovery, Spring boot Admin for monitoring and Zipkin for tracing.
- Expertise in using JMS for asynchronous communication on the Rabbit MQ messaging system.
- Experience working with persistence framework like Hibernate/JPA for mapping Java classes with database and using Hibernate Query Language (HQL).
- Experience in develop and configure monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloudwatch, Splunk and Kibana dashboard.
- Diverse experience in Kubernetes deployment and configuration.
- Experience in working on Pivotal Cloud Foundry as a Platform.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, SNS and SQS.
- Experience in Front End Technologies JSP, HTML5, CSS, DHTML, Bootstrap, jQuery.
- Hands on experience in developing user interfaces with HTML5, DHTML, JSTL and CSS3.
- Expertise in Microservices developing SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and J2EE Web Services based on SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAX-WS, JAXB, JAX-RPC using tools like Apache Axis.
- Proven experience with Application Servers like IBM, Weblogic and Tomcat.
- Excellent experience with major relational databases - Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, My SQL.
- Proficient in No SQL DB such as Apache Cassandra DB, MongoDB.
- Experience in working with web servers like Tomcat 8, WebSphere 8, Jetty, JBoss7.1.0 and WebLogic 10.0.
- Experience in creating Docker images, Containers, push/pull and integrating with Spring Boot.
- Expertise in testing with JUnit using tools like JMeter.
- Strong problem solving, logical implementation, trouble-shooting, Installation and Configuration Skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix and Linux.
Frameworks: Struts 1.x/2.0, Spring 2.x/3.0, Hibernate3.0/4.0, Spring boot apps
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, DHTML, Servlets, JSPs, EJB, JNDI, JMS, XML, XSLT, XSD, JSF, JQuery, Ajax, AngularJS, ReactJs, NodeJS and Backbone JS.
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x, IBM WebSphere, BEA Web Logic 9.x/10.x/12.x, J-Boss 6.x/7.x
IDE s: Eclipse, NetBeans, RAD and Rational Rose, Intellij 14.x/15.x, Spring Tool suite 2.x/3.x
Databases: Oracle 11i/11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server, MySQL, PL, Sybase 12.5 and DB2 AXIS, SOAP, JAXWS, WSDL, JAX: P, JAX-B and Restful
Version Control: JIRA, CVS, Subversion and Clear Case
Build Tool / Plugin: ANT, Log4j and Maven 3.x, Hudson 3.x, Jenkins 2.x.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed the Microservices using Spring Boot, with JPA, Hibernate for Database persistence.
- Analyzed, identified, and designed the Microservices in the new architecture. As part of this exercise, was instrumental in domain modeling exercise.
- Responsible in developing Spring Boot Microservices from scratch
- Adopted domain-driven design approach for the Microservice architecture.
- Was instrumental in recommending the use of Edge services to act as Gateway and serve the dual purpose of a Reverse Proxy. Used Zuul and Consul, along with Spring Cloud for this purpose.
- Implemented Fallback mechanism using Hystrix to implement the Circuit-Breaker pattern.
- Recommended and implemented the use of Consul for Service Discovery and Key-Value management. Was instrumental in setting up the 2-way SSL connectivity for all services with Consul.
- Implemented Spring MVC based Restful web services.
- Implemented various J2EE Design patterns like Singleton, Service Locator, Business Delegate, DAO, Transfer Object, and SOA.
- Used Java 1.8 Lambda expressions along with Streams for creating internal iteration and performing chain operations such as Filter, Map, Collect on a collection Objects
- Called Rest web services through AngularJS services to get JSON Object and modified the response object to display in UI.
- Used Spring Cloud Stream to connect RabbitMQ for messaging system.
- Implemented and coded asynchronous business task using java Multithreading.
- Used the continuous integration tool (CI) Jenkins to configure Maven build management tool.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
- Involved with implementation of the JBOSS enterprise application server platform and DROOLS based on Rule engine
- Led the daily scrum meetings to report daily individual updates to the team.
- Secured the API's by implementing OAuth2.0 token-based authentication/authorization scheme using Spring Security.
- Configured auto-scaling groups for applications like Elasticsearch and Kafka to scale automatically when needed.
- Involved and reviewed the Requirements and design documents and understood the system.
- Designed and implemented Hibernate Annotation-based persistence layer for backend.
- Done with unit testing of all Java classes using JUnit framework.
- Actively Participated in tracking and resolving Production issues.
- Worked on issue tracking tool JIRA.
- Implemented log4j for debugging. Utilized the same for logging each sensible data access from the application.
- Used HQL and SQL as the query languages in Hibernate Mapping. Integrated the spring and Hibernate framework.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience setting up Elasticsearch in an AWS environment.
- Used GIT for Source Control and Version Management of all codes and resources.
- Involved extensively in Code Reviews, Unit testing and Process Improvements.
- Involved in Daily SCRUM meetings and weekly SPRINT Meetings.
- Resolved application and connectivity problems in Java programs.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, JDK 8, Hibernate, Servlet, JNDI, Core Java, Multithreading, RAD, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Docker, Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Oracle, SVN, MySQL, IBM DB2, web services, SOA, REST, SOAP, maven, Eclipse, STS(Spring Tool Suite), JIRA, WIKI, PaaS, Jenkins, Sonar, ELK Stack, Spring Boot Admin, Configserver, zipkin.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Principal Software Engineer
- Involved in Designing and Development procedures for the application.
- Developed the application in AGILE / SCRUM fashion, collaborate with Business Analysts, Product owners, Scrum master, Scrum team, and stake holders in the software development process.
- Designed and developed Micro Services business components using Dropwizard.
- Implemented J2EE standards also used MVC architecture at the Web tier level to isolate each layer of the application so that complexity of integration will be reduced, and maintenance will be very easy.
- Developed Restful Web services for transmission of data in JSON format.
- Developed OAuth (Open Authorization) for token-based authentication and authorization for REST API contracts.
- Developed Swagger for the application design, build, document, and consume Restful webservices for better visualize APIs.
- Implemented Logging in the source code for better tracking and debugging purposes, also mainly used for early detection of bugs at the production.
- Used Splunk for log monitoring and management features such as, log consolidation, visualization, search, diagnosing and for reporting.
- Analyzed logs using ELK dashboard
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images.
- Used ParasoftSOA test tool for testing and validating APIs and API-driven applications. POST MAN, Google Chrome plug-in is used as a HTTP client for testing webservices and created collection of REST calls.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and burp test job creation to check REST endpoints and configured Performance automation test job to check JMeter performance in Jenkins. And created Functional Java test Job to check whether test cases are failing on code check-in. Created & Configured Release job to release the application.
- Contributed towards performance testing of application REST APIs using JMeter.
- Used Maven as build automation tool and deployments.
- Collaborated with testers and developers and prepared test plans for producing high quality software applications.
- Wrote JUnit test cases for unit testing, integration testing and automated functional tests, run automatically by Jenkins in the builds triggered by each push to Git.
- Used JIRA for tracking the project Stories in Agile Methodology.
- Extensively used Intellij IDE configured and deployed the application into AWS cloud.
- Used SonarQube as a Code Quality Analysis tool for checking code duplication, coding standards, Unit Test, Code coverage etc.
- Performed code reviews and mentored junior developers.
Environment: Java 1.8, J2EE, Rest API, Dropwizard, MVC, OAuth, JAX-RS, GIT, JUnit, Maven, Git, SonarQube, Swagger, JSON, XML, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Micro Services, JIRA, Jenkins, Intellij, DevOps (CICD), Splunk, JMeter, Parasoft SOA Test, Post Man.
- Developed the application based on MVC architecture.
- Developed web application using JSP, Servlets, Java beans that uses MVC design pattern.
- Created user-friendly GUI interface and Web pages using HTML, CSS and JSP.
- Used Java Swings in designing user interfaces.
- Used Java Fundamentals and OOPS concepts like polymorphism, abstraction to develop the code.
- Implemented core java concepts like Multithreading, Exception Handling and Collection
- Used Eclipse as IDE tool for creating Servlets, JSP, and XML.
- Wrote SQL for JDBC prepared statements to retrieve the data from database.
- Monitored the logs using Log4J and fixed the problem.
- The Application was deployed on Apache Tomcat Server.
- Involved in build and deploying the application using ANT.
- Used Configuration Management Tools for version control which is built on CVS.
- Worked on bug fixing and Production Support.
- Developed responsive and interactive pages using Angular 1.0 and Node.js frameworks.
- Created basic animation for jQuery and rich interface components such as tabs & accordion.
- Used AJAX to make asynchronous calls to the server to fetch data and update the DOM.
- Worked closely with UX team to translate designs and wireframes to code.
- Experienced in DOM manipulation, Event Handling, Event Bubbling, and integration with RESTful services.
- Experience in cross browser compatibility check and thoroughly performed unit testing and integration testing.
- Developed session, entity beans and message driven beans. Entity Beans used for accessing data from the SQL Server database.
- JQuery opinionated about how a CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) application should be built.
- Prepared high- and low-level design documents for the business modules for future references and updates.
- Deployed the application on WebSphere application server in development and production environment.
- Developed automated Build files using ANT.
- Used Subversion for version control and log4j for logging errors.