My extensive experience will bring great value to your organization. I am an experienced individual who finishes projects on time and under budget. I am highly motivated and have an extremely strong work ethic. My objective is simple—to build excellent systems that perform flawlessly.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- I am a Senior Java / J2EE Developer and Software Architect with more than 14 years of experience.
- I have build desktop application with Java that uses elements such as Jpanel, Jframe, and other Java windows elements to create the GUI.
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, Route53, Storage, Elastic Search, Lambda, CloudFront, Machine Learning, Elastic Load Balancing, S3, Elastic Storage, etc. Moved large J2EE project to AWS.
- I have experience with Identity Management solutions such as Oracle, CA Siteminder SSO, Tivoli Access Management, Unix LDAP, MS AD, etc. Hands on experience in application development using Java, J2EE, JFC/SWING, DJANGO, GROOVY, SPARK, HADOOP, EJB 2.0, Hibernate, Castor JDO, DOJO, JDBC, WebWork, Struts, JSP, Servlets, HTML, XML, RMI, SOAP, WebLogic, JBoss. Proficient in database development: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and AWS DynamoDB; Experienced in Software development and business modeling of Web applications, Client/Server systems, Distributed Applications and other custom-built projects on UNIX and Windows. Strong in following the existing Object - oriented design/analysis, UML modeling, Classic design patterns, J2EE patterns. Extensive experience in Java development GUI using JFC, Swing, JavaBeans, AWT. Strong web development skills. Experience in N-tier Client-Server based Internet technology, intranet portal design/development; web based data reporting system, and framework development for Internet applications. Thorough knowledge with J2EE application platform configuration and performance optimization. Hands on experience with J2EE application deployment technology, EJB transaction implementation (CMP, BMP, Message-Driven Beans). I love to integrate disparate systems, for example using Java to program a web application that consumes web services that were programmed in .NET, or having Oracle communicate directly with SQL server via SP ADDLINKEDSERVER capability. I am also experienced programming .NET applications.
- I have worked with VCE (owned jointly by VMware, Cisco, and EMC) to build the VCE “cloud in a box”. The Vblock™ System 700 family is comprised of enterprise- and service provider-class systems. Primarily worked on team responsible for building “reference build” of vSphere, vCloud Director, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, vCenter Operations Management Suite, vFabric, Application Director, and Hyperic into a seamless user interface for enterprises purchasing Vblock systems. I used the EMC VNX API and VMware API’s to integrate with VMware vCenter Operations Manager (vCOPS). The VMware vCOPS was a product acquisition and had a completely undocumented API that I had to reverse engineer to make usable. Turned on verbose logging in the Apache Tomcat and Oracle database and by viewing these logs I was able to integrate vCOPS with various other systems (various VMware, EMC, and Cisco products with well documented API’s and SDK’s). VCE enterprise customers included CSC, NASA, DoD, and SoftBank Japan. I also helped our team with integrating HP and Cisco Orchestration and Automation tools with various other products. The majority of this project was writing glueware using Java and other languages.
- I have worked with VistA system (and its variants). On VistA Evolution project I was responsible for programming JAVA SPRING web service wrappers around the VistA API, for example FILEMAN. Responsible for deciphering complex documentation. Responsible for JUNIT testing routines. Responsible for utilizing the RPC Broker Message and Caché RPC Broker routine associated with the VistA API. Configured and setup over twenty VistA instances for the development of an AWS cloud based VistA system. Automated many sysadmin processes by programming custom utilities and writing shell scripts.
- Architected monitoring system for the 2010 US CENSUS. Used Java, J2EE, JIRA, WEBSPHERE, Eclipse IDE, Jasper Reports, and a number of COTS products. The technical solution included a number of systems and services. Hyperic web application management was used to monitor servers, services, files, scripts, open ports and event logs. Hyperic calculated and reported uptime and “mean time to repair” for each 14 day calendar period. Report metrics were provided separately for problems impacting shared functions, resources effecting office staff and for groups of field staff greater than 20. Historical data was stored in a PostgresSQL database configured for failover,replication, and load balancing.
- Continual monitoring was required to support the performance of 700 servers, 600 network devices and 30,000 items every 30 seconds. Jasper report server was used to develop custom reports. Reports identified which items were failing most often, listed all known outages and prioritized critical outages.
- Over thirty custom reports were developed for system administrators, program managers, and Census Bureau leadership. Tripwire was used to monitor the systems for any changes to the configuration.
- Every change was stored in the Tripwire database to allow review any time. Reports could be generated ongoing to update management. Oracle databases were monitored for changes to SQL schema, permissions and configuration.
- Acrsight was used for system logging. If a hardware or software error was encountered, the Syslog facility logged the error, alerted the user, and attempted to repair the error automatically.
- An Executive Interactive Dashboard for CENSUS SOQ/NOQ was developed and provided to allow the Command Center staff to see “at a glance” the entire US Map. Any reported problems were identified by geographic region, severity and type.
- Users could “drill down” to see additional information; including contact information for each monitored item which allowed staff to quickly contact the correct person to fix each issue.
- The dashboard aggregated data from the Hyperic, Tripwire, and Asset Management system and was programmed in Java. Developed gadgets for JIRA to interface with Issue Management System, as well as share data with other systems using REST web services.
- Used MS Retail Management System (Microsoft Dynamics) for SCM Supply Chain modernization.
- I have working knowledge of BPEL and related BPOL.
- Experience programming PIC, AVR, and ARM microcontrollers using C, C++ and designing electronic devices using UART, SPI, I2C interfaces. Experienced writing TCL for various environments. Familiar with PCB board layout, design, programming, and troubleshooting.
Senior Web Programmer
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
- Led team to build Wireless Guest Account Management System using .NET C#. Responsible for all aspects of system architecture and design.
- System allowed NIH staff to add temporary user accounts so guests could access the wireless network for a set period of time. The system interfaced with Active Directory and SQL Server.
- Wrote service to periodically reset passwords in AD. Application included ad-hoc reports and web services to share information with other agency.
- Built VTS system for NIH. VTS is a Vulnerability Tracking System that enabled system administrators to view, update, and delete vulnerabilities in their part of the NIH network. It was developed using JSP, and Oracle stored procedures.
- Full life cycle application development methodology. Backend application extracted data stored in XML files from BLACKHAWK, SARA, and ISS security scanners and performed XSLT transformation to standard XML format that was parsed. The parsed data was inserted into the database.
- Worked with team to implement SITEMINDER across the NIH. Wrote reusable Java and C# library components that other developers could use to easily integrate their project code SITEMINDER without having to understand the technology behind SITEMINDER. The entire SITEMINDER implementation was a complete success and a huge percentage of the legacy and current applications running at NIH are now SSO / Single Sign On enabled.
- Built MT application that let users find data based on geographic location. Application used Linux, MySQL, PHP, WML, XHTML, XML, and XSL to deliver content to the user. When a request was made from the web browser microbrowser or regular PC browser the PHP code would examine the HTTP header to determine the browser.
- There was a single XML file that would contain all the data, but the PHP code would use XSLT to deliver XHTML or WML content. The XML data was sometimes a flat file and other times a MySQL query would provide data that would then be converted to XML in memory. The insane client also wished to be able to update the website using Microsoft Word, so PHP was used to enable uploading of Word docs. The Word doc would be parsed, cleaned up, converted to XHTML and then written to a new file, which would be included in the XSL.
- Created PHP ad-hoc query tool that let users create custom queries against Oracle database. Wrote complex stored procedures to enable query to run without using dynamic sql.
- Created AGI Java wrapper around Linux Asterisk VOIP PBX system to automatically make phone calls to system administrators in event of emergency. Designed and deployed Asterisk systems to several offices. Later applications used FreeSwitch.
- Experienced Programming MUMPS, Vista Cache, and web service wrappers for various large hospital and healthcare systems. Worked on VA Evolution project which wrapped all the VISTA MUMPS code with extensible Java Web Services for future app development and modernization.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Built payroll application for Ceridian Payroll Services using BizTalk, .NET, VB, ASP, SQL Server 2000, technologies. Responsible for designing and coding 401k, NACHA Direct Deposit, Tax, New Hire, and Check Reconciliation export files that would be transmitted to banks and other institutions across the country.
- Was responsible for programming a Windows service that would monitor a directory for input files, call a component that would parse the input file, format the data, perform calculations, and finally write out a file that was suitable to send to the institution.
- Component would then update database with data that was transmitted to bank so reports could be generated at a later time. Coded pages using that would read data from database to produce web report and generate PDF report if requested.
- Was also responsible for designing and building an application that would gather XML data and deposit XML to MS Message Queue. From there Biztalk would reformat and validate XML and transfer XML data to another department at Ceridian. Used Visual StudioJava to build applications.
Senior Web Programmer
Confidential, Reston, VA
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Programmed for large site using ASP, SQL Server, IIS, MTS, Visual Basic and VBscript. Helped team building web application where users could apply for a student loan online atconfidential. Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) would make calls to bank, university, credit bureau, and SM databases to verify information and transfer funds.
Internet Applications Engineer
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Troubleshot ASP code and used Cisco Local Director to load balance servers for nationally known high-capacity Ecommerce websites such as confidential.
- Built fault-tolerant Compaq web servers that utilized dual port Ethernet cards, Raid 5 SCSI disks and dual switches for total fault tolerance and redundancy. Administered websites running Netscape Enterprise Server for Solaris.
- Used web server-monitoring tools such as SiteScope and perfmon to ensure top server performance. Used Ghost to create baseline build image of server.
- Troubleshot network connectivity problems using commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup, whois, dig, arp, route, etc. Troubleshot and administered email server problems with Rockliffe and NT Mail. Troubleshot problems with MX records, DNS records aliases, etc.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Migrated medium sized office from CCMail to Microsoft Exchange.
Confidential, Princess Anne, MD
Confidential, Salisbury, MD
- Built Websites for small businesses in local area. Used HTML, VBscript, IIS, NT4, Access, SQL Server, Interdev and ASP to successfully build sites.