- 6+years of experience in developing and implementing Enterprise Applications and Content Management Systems across different domains.
- Have experience in design and implementation of CMS solutions implemented on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) - versions 6.3, 6.1, 6.0, 5.6
- In depth knowledge on complete AEM/CQ5 Technology Stack and Architecture including Author instance, Publish instance, CRXDE, CRXDE-Lite, Templates and Components, CRX/OAK Repository, Apache Sling and Apache Felix and OSGi bundles.
- Explored in depth in new AEM 6.3 features including Editable templates, new Sling annotations, Experience Fragments, new OSGI, context aware configuration, layout mode, mobile simulators.
- Hands on experience on web and application servers like Apache HTTP server, NGINX, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat.
- Well versed and hands on with development of custom Components & Templates (using SIGHTLY, JSP & HBS for the Script, Dialogs for Classic UI and Touch UI)
- Hands on experience on developing and deploying Services, Sling Servlets, Job Schedulers, Workflow Processes as part of OSGi bundles.
- Experience in Administration and installation of Author & Publish instances, Packaging, User Admin.
- Good knowledge and hands on experience of AEM/CQ core functionalities like replication, reverse replication, dispatcher flush agents, clustering, workflows, DAM, MSM, User management and campaign management.
- Strong programming skills and experience in development of e- commerce applications using J2EE platform technologies like JAVA BEANS, JSP, JDBC, EJB, HIBERNATE, FRAMEWORKS (SPRING, STRUTS), JSON, AJAX and SERVLETS.
- Experience on AEM SIGHTLY (HTL) for creating custom page components, dialogs for web pages for Classic UI and Touch UI.
- Well versed with working & integrating the Front-end Layer including latest UI Technology Stack - XML, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, JAVA SCRIPT, Angular JS, Ajax, jQuery and JSP.
- Strong experience in using version control tools like GIT, GITHUB, SVN & CVS.
- Knowledge with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari).
- Participated in each phase of one full SDLC lifecycle implementation, provided end-user training and postgo-live support.
Content Management: AEM 5.6.1, AEM6.0, AEM6.1, AEM 6.2, AEM 6.3
Web Technologies: XML, HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, JSON, Linux Shell Script, JQuery, Apache Sling, Jackrabbit., JCR 2.0.
MVC Framework: Spring MVC, Groovy and Grails.
Application Servers: JBoss, Apache Tomcat
Web Servers: Apache HTTP Server, NJINX, Web Sphere, Web Logic
Data bases: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008, MySQL.
Tools: RAD, Eclipse, Rational Rose, JDeveloper, Junit, NetBeans, Toad, SQL developer.
Version Control Systems: GIT, GITHUB, BITBUCKET, SVN and CVS.
Environment: Windows, MAC, LINUX, UNIX.
Build Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. AEM developer
- Creating servlets for backend services like forms, populating the dealer's information from the services.
- Creating components, templates, dialogs, client libs etc.
- Used sightly in AEM 6.2 for highlighting is focus on keeping your markup beautiful, and thus maintainable, once made dynamic.
- Experience in developing application and creating servlets using Java 1.8.
- Experience in developing application on OSGI, Apache Sling and Apache Felix Frameworks.
- Extensive use of AEM tag libraries and custom tag libraries in components.
- Creating/modifying templates as per new requirements, custom dialogs and updating the client libraries.
- Developed spring framework for security transactions, reusability logging purpose.
- Training business users on how to use CQ5 to modify content and publish.
- Attend daily SCRUM calls. Involved in backend production support/on-call when there is any deployment. Tested the code changes in Development, QA, and Stage environments thoroughly before going to production.
- Responsible for setting up the Author permissions for various author groups and coordinating with the Dev team and perform build and deploying the components
- Worked on dispatcher cache in AEM while working on auto login scenario.
- Maintained the Content Management System (CMS) and provided support for the application in authoring environment.
- Worked on Soap UI and restful web services to know the response when making service calls while fixing the issues.
- Involved in all stages of environments in this project
- Used Maven automated build scripts to compile and package the application.
- Used Jira for bug tracking and project management.
- Experience with Agile process methodology and Scrum methodology.
Environment: AEM 6.2, JDK1.7, JSP, Servlets, Sightly, Apache Sling, CRXDE, CRX, WCM, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Ajax, JQuery, Ajax, SOAP, REST Services, Maven, Agile, GitHub, Eclipse, JIRA.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Installing author/ Publishing instances maintain and troubleshoot CQ5 / AEM application.
- Involved in elevated level design, Application design, development and testing.
- Multiple custom components were developed to meet the business requirements.
- Custom Xtype was developed in JS to add multiple fields at a time in dialog.
- Multiple embedded pages were developed and used in different pages in the application. Whenever there is a change then business people can update the embedded pages instead of updating every page.
- Custom configuration settings were developed in CRXDE. Whenever user wants to change some url’s or some properties they can change in CQ side without touching java code.
- JCR repository was used in this project.
- Expert in writing sling servlets to handle the requests.
- Multiple Sling and Apache Felix annotations were used on Java side.
- Expert in publishing the content from author to multiple publish instances.
- Created the blueprints and live copy of the application.
- Resource mapping was used to hide the actual url and show the partial url to the user Components were developed using Sighlty (HTL), HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, AJAX, JQuery and AngularJS.
- Consume the Web Services to retrieve data from different applications using SOAP protocol.
- Used Maven to build and deploy the application on web logic server.
- Used PL/SQL developer for writing the queries.
- Used SVN for version control and used eclipse as the IDE for developing the application.
- Supported Testing Teams and involved in defect meetings.
- Deployed the application on a WebLogic server on a UNIX platform.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Upgraded all the current AEM 6.1 instances to AEM 6.3
- Resolved code dependencies with Uber jar version 6.3
- Fixed code issues related to deprecate and removed API functions.
- Migrated OSGI configurations into Sling context aware configurations
- Migrated WCMPojo based objects into Sling models and used latest annotations for sling injections.
- Implemented Server-side includes SSI for legacy scripts inclusions.
- Implemented Dispatcher module using Apache server 2.4.
- Installed SP2 and CFP 1 and performed regression testing to ensure none of business functionalities are broken.
- Development of static web pages, landing pages, category landing pages Adobe CQ5.
- Used web technologies in the page components for the rich templates.
- Developed solutions for AEM Classic UI fallbacks/bugs.
- Developed custom components using Sightly (HTL), customized forms for Internet and Intranet sites of the company.
- Developed components using Granite UI/ Coral UI.
- Used Coral UI for extending the existing UI of the Authoring environment.
- Worked with Business, Managers and Architects to make sure get the appropriate designs and requirements.
- Developed digital consumer experiences based on foundation of the Adobe CQ/AEM product suite used DAM.
- Involved in writing client code for invoking RESTful based web services.
- Managed the daily progress via JIRA and confluence using Agile.
- Conducted detailed analysis of user requirements and formulated technical requirements.
- Analyze functional and business requirements for optimum utilization of AEM components and performance.
- Give backend production support when there is any deployment.
- Tested the changes in Development, QA, Stage environments thoroughly before going to production.
- Involved in documenting the development assets, standard operating procedures, software architecture, requirements, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Regularly involved in meetings with the client/business and other internal teams for the discussions to review new projects from the technical/business perspective.
Confidential, Madison, WI
CQ5 Developer/AEM Developer
- Perform CQ5 customization on foundation components and workflows to extend functionalities, improve performance or fix issues on project level. Utilize HTML, CSS, JQuery and ExtJS for designing and implementing custom CQ components.
- Used Maven scripts to build the application from Eclipse IDE and deployed on Web Logic Application Server.
- Experience with SDLC process (Agile, Waterfall models) of performing detailed analysis, collecting use cases, documenting requirements and creating designs for Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) Applications.
- Developed components that include fetching the content dynamically based on tags.
- Integrated with a shared repository globally accessible repository for shared, permissions-based digital media assets using CQ5 DAM.
- Designed new websites and local environments and migrated existing websites to the CQ5 platform.
- Developed Java components for Adobe CQ5 CMS (Content Management System), set up all the dependent properties required for the application to an XML file and can also modify the property values and set the values to the Nodes.
- Modified the existing Workflow structure by designing and implementing Custom Workflow functionality for streamlined process of content changes & updated tasks.
- Developed video components and integrated with GVP.
- Involved in Development work for Mobile flow of Digital Welcome center.
- Used JIRA as a repository tool to add, retrieve or move the source code. Maintained teams SVN repository.
- Extensively used Hibernate Criteria and HQL (Hibernate Query Language) to do CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) on the backend database (Oracle).
- Developed Servlets to invoke business methods interacting with database via Hibernate Persistence Framework.
- Developed custom multi fields using ExtJS based on the requirements.
- Provided end user training and technical guidance to business and technical teams on effectively utilizing Adobe CQ5 Digital Asset Management (DAM), Page Creation, Component Selection, Social Collaboration and workflow management.
- Coordinated with software management and development teams for resolution of conflicts and content criteria.
Environment: JDk1.7, AEM 5.6.1, CRXDE, CQ DAM, CQ Tagging, MSM, JCR 2.0, Sling, JSP, CSS, HTML 5.0, Servlets, Ajax, JIRA, Global Search, JQuery.