- Around 7 years of experience in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementation and testing of Java Applications using Java, J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Designing (OOAD) and Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Proficiency in Java Multi - Threading, Collections, Interfaces, Exceptional Handling, Strings etc.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) Requirements, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, Maintenance and Support for various applications
- Strong expertise in designing and developing enterprise and web applications using Java and J2EE technologies like Core Java, JDBC, Web Services, JMS, JSP, JSF, Struts, Spring, Hibernate.
- Worked with various IDE’s like Eclipse, Net Beans, RAD, IntelliJ and Maven.
- Expertise in using JQuery and its plug-ins such as form validation, Data Tables, Date Picker, Block UI etc. in development.
- Strong experience in application integration with Web Services such as SOAP, WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, RESTful API’s.
- Customization, Development, Testing and Deployment of various application servers like Web Sphere, JBoss Application Server and Apache Tomcat.
- Hands on experience with Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL, Sybase, PostGreSQL databases and writing complex SQL queries, writing Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers and performed complex database related operations.
- Good Experience in developing applications on operating systems like Windows 7, 8/Vista/XP, UNIX, LINUX (Ubuntu 13.x, 14.x).
- A fast learner with good communication skills and proven multiple platform adaptability skills.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, has ability to work independently and as a part of the team having Excellent Technical, Analytical and Communication skills and also can adapt quickly to the emerging new technologies.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, Python, .Net, VB6, Groovy
Java/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JMS, JSF, MVC Architecture
J2EE Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JSF, Spring Boot
Web Services: REST, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, WSDL
Middleware: MQ Series, JMS.
Database: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Sybase, PostGreSQL, Dynamo DB
Development Tools/IDE’s: Eclipse, Net Beans, SVN, GIT, RAD, IntelliJ, Groovy, Gradle
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Sphere
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, TELNET, FTP, SSH
Other Tools: Visual Studio, VB6, MS Office, SDN, OpenFlow, VMWare, VirtualBox, Floodlight, Open DayLight, mininet, putty
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), S3, EC2, VPC, IAM, DynamoDB, Red Shift, Elastic Search, Route 53, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda, ELB.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Working in an Agile environment where we have Scrum meetings and Sprint planning every two weeks.
- Worked on design and developing applications using Java 8 for the Spec Conversion Process.
- Assisted in persisting the data objects in the Java applications by using Hibernate ORM mapping.
- Working on Groovy Scripts to retrieve the data from Dynamo DB and Sybase using SQL queries and in-turn write it to PostGreSQL DB.
- To process the retrieved TV meter data, used AWS Lambda functions to read and store the data into PostGreSQL DB.
- Took part in writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures to retrieve Household data from the Legacy system (Sybase DB) using DBVisualizer.
- Played an active role in migrating the Household data from Dynamo DB and Legacy system (Sybase) to PostGreSQL.
- Used Groovy Script to call the .NET micro-service using RESTful API to update the column based on the response from the micro-service.
- Used Postman to test the REST API calls.
- Developed various Lambda functions with Create, Read, Update, Delete operations that can be called from the groovy scripts to write/update data to the PostGreSQL.
- Worked on developing the Handler, LambdaRequest and LambdaResponse to integrate them with the Java persistence class to write the data to PostGreSQL DB.
- Deployed the project zip file onto S3 bucket on AWS Console for testing the various Lambda functions.
- Deployed and tested the AWS Lambdas on the AWS console by giving the JSON format as input to verify that the data is being persisted to the PostGreSQL correctly.
- Used S3 bucket for storage and also used AWS SQS Queue to insert a new message which is used to alert the DownStream users to use that message.
- Used AWS IAM to create Users, Groups and Roles and also assign permissions to Users and Groups.
- Used AWS EC2 to store the snapshots of our data into AWS S3.
- Worked extensively on Spring boot for building and maintaining the Restful API.
- Worked with JSONSlurper and other JSON converting mechanisms to convert JSON data to Objects, Strings etc. and vice-versa.
- Used Bit Bucket as version control and for code reviews.
- Worked with various Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, SourceTree
- Designed and developed testing framework like Junit for CI/CD integration.
- Co-ordinated with our off-shore team.
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Core Java, JDK 1.8, Hibernate, Groovy, AWS, AWS LAMBDA, S3 Bucket, Dynamo DB, POSTGRES DB, SQS Queue,Sybase DB, REST API, Bit Bucket, Gradle, HSQL, Jira, Confluence, SourceTree, Junit, Postman, DBVisualizer.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa
IT Application Analyst
- Worked towards understanding the Symphony VB.NET project. Understood the flow how the Symphony application calls the Main Frame (Cobol) application through DLL.
- The DLL call/connection between Symphony and Main Frame is replaced with the REST Web Service URL.
- The two API modules Policy Details and Premium Calculation, being a part of Main Frame application are developed as REST Web Services and exposed to the Internet.
- Created REST Services for the modules Policy Details and Premium Calculation separately and connected them to the Main Frame to retrieve the required data back from it.
- The Cobol includes from the Main Frame are imported into RAD workspace using the CICS conversion of Cobol includes from Main Frame to Java.
- Created Proxy API using APIGEE Management tool. APIGEE helps to connect Symphony and Main Frame applications.
- Created APIGEE product to include various policies and security authentications.
- The Proxy End Point URL of the APIGEE points to the Service call URL being made in Symphony application. The Target End Point URL of APIGEE points to the respective REST Web Services for either Policy Details or Premium Calculation based on the user requirement.
- The user requesting for Policy Details or Premium Calculation Services from Symphony will be re-directed to APIGEE and from there based on the service call, Main Frame re-directs to the specified REST Web Service for either Policy Details or Premium Calculation.
- Deployed the Web Services in RAD workspace and ran the application on Web Sphere Application Server. Used Maven to build the project.
- Created a branch in Bit Bucket to check out the project. Used debugging to resolve the errors.
Environment: Java, Vb.Net, RAD, VB6, Visual Studio, Postman, APIGEE, Main Frame (Cobol), RESTful Web Services, Web Sphere Application Server, Bit bucket.
Confidential, Topeka, Kansas
- Designed Juvenile Rewrite Services web applications consisting of public applications including dashboard applications using Java.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle of the application like Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis, Development and Customization of the application.
- Interacted with business users and participating in meetings to gather functional and non-functional requirements with business experts.
- Worked with Spring MVC framework and Hibernate (HQL).
- Used Maven for building the project war files as well as deploying them to development environments.
- Used Subversion as the version control system and to test the application.
- Developed User Interface presentation using JSF, HTML and CSS.
- Implemented Page Optimization techniques for the web page application. Handled Cross Browser compatibility issues for the web application.
- Worked with the Business Team to ensure the requirements are met. Also worked with the Testing Team to ensure complete test coverage of customizations by creating unit test cases and executing them.
- Monitored Production logs and provided Production Support. Involved in major Releases.
- Used SQL Explorer to view tables and stored procedures in the Databases.
- Received appreciation for outstanding work and efforts.
Java Application Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, system analysis and design.
- Involved in developing various applications using Java and Java Script.
- Implementedcontroller classes and bean classesand followedMVC design paradigm.
- Developed UI screens using JSP, HTML.
- Designed and developed User interface using Struts, JSP and HTML.
- Extensively worked on implementing Web Services, handling SOAP requests and responses, RESTful web Services. Used GET and POST methods to fetch data.
- Involved in consuming SOAP based and RESTful web services using WSDL, SOAP, JAXB etc.
- Configures Spring JDBC for database connections with Spring JDBC and Hibernate templates.
- Designed and created database tables to access Oracle, SQL and wrote SQL queries, Joins, stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Deployed the application on the JBoss Application Server.
- Involved in designing and implementing data connectivity with back-end databases via SYBASE, that is performed through both container-managed persistence mechanism and Data Access Objects based on the functionality requirements.
- Used Subversion SVN as a Source Control Software.
- Unit test the code to ensure that it is aligned with technical and functional objectives.
- Involved in Project documentation of the various modules.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking, issue tracking and project management.
- Involved in code reviews, unit, Integration and System testing.
- Actively participated in project deployment activities.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Java Script, HTML, Struts, IBM RAD (Rational Application Developer), SYBASE, SVN, Quality Center, Eclipse, Servlets, JSP, JSF, XML, JDBC, jQuery, SQL Server, JBoss, SOAP, WSDL, REST Web Services, Maven, JUnit, ANT.