- 8 years hands on experience in IT industry, worked in all phases of software development life cycle from requirements gathering to the production and successfully implemented several projects with responsibilities as Java developer.
- Experienced in Spring Framework, Hibernate and Web Services REST.
- Familiar with Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory Design, MVC, Data Access Objects etc.
- Experienced in working with Database systems like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB).
- Experienced in Multi-Threading, Concurrency, Garbage Collection, Exception Handling in Core Java.
- Experience in developing Microservices using Spring Boot, Netflix OSS (Zulu, Eureka, Ribbon, Hysteric) and followed domain driven design.
- Developed end to end data processing pipelines that begin with receiving data using distributed messaging systems Kafka.
- Good experience on working with Amazon Web Services.
- Good experience in using JUnit framework, Load Test for testing, also familiar with Jenkins pipeline for automation and ingression testing.
- Experience with Data modelling concepts, UML database design, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Queries.
- Working knowledge of Version Control tools using Git.
- Working experience for deploying projects with AWS.
- Have hands on experience in using various data structures and algorithms.
- Extensively used Object Oriented Programming concepts to implement reusable and effective logics.
- Hands on experience with build tools like Maven. Bug tracking tools Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying J2EE applications on Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss and Jetty.
- Good knowledge in Linux, Ubuntu and shell script.
- Very good knowledge in using JDK1.8 features
- Worked proficiently in various IDEs including Eclipse, Sublime Text, Atom, and Vim.
- Strong analytical, presentation, problem solving and excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work independently and active team player with proven work ethics and leadership qualities.
Operating Systems: Windows System, Ubuntu 16, OS X
Database Systems: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, J2EE
ORM Framework: Hibernate
J2EE Technologies: JDBC, Servlets, Java Beans, JSP, JMS, XML, Web Services, Concurrency, Multi-threading
Testing Methodologies: JUnit, DB Unit, Load Test, Jenkins
Agile Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven and Scrum Models
Web Services: XML, SOAP, JAX-WS, JAX-RS
IDE Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, Sublime Text, Vim, Atom
Application Software: SVN, CVS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Web/Application Servers: JBoss, Jetty, Tomcat
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Worked with a team of developers maintaining and building new features for ordering and checkout pipeline in Walmart website.
- Implemented Micro Services based Cloud Architecture using Spring Boot.
- Designed and developed Micro Services business components and RESTful service endpoints using spring boot.
- Implemented RESTful and SOAP based web services using for JAX-RS and JAX-WS respectively.
- Micro Services were being used as a strategy to gradually replace a core monolithic application while still adding business features.
- Used Spring Boot to implement a configuration system of deployed games on Double Down.
- Wrote Junit Test cases for performing unit testing.
- Designed and implemented the Cassandra key space.
- Involved in capacity planning and requirements gathering for multi datacenter Cassandra cluster.
- Involved in NoSQL database design, integration and implementation.
- Installed and configured Cassandra cluster and CQL on the cluster.
- Involved in the process of data mover for disaster recovery platforms Backup and recovery.
- Involved in database deployments, capacity planning, monitoring multi datacenters, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge on bootstrapping, removing, replicating the nodes in Cassandra and Sold clusters.
- Experienced in upgrading the existing Cassandra cluster to latest releases.
- Experienced in Apache Spark with Scala
- Imported data from various resources to the Cassandra cluster using Java APIs.
- Optimized the Cassandra cluster by making changes in Cassandra properties and Linux configurations.
- Working closely with Datastax to resolve issues on cluster using ticketing mechanism.
- Administered Cassandra cluster using Datastax OpsCenter and monitored CPU usage, memory usage and health of nodes in the cluster.
- Configured, Documented and Demonstrated inter node communication between Cassandra nodes and client using SSL encryption
- Experienced in storing the analyzed results into the Cassandra cluster.
- Parsed JSON/XML with different APIs.
- Involved in creating the Hibernate POJO Objects and mapped using Hibernate Annotations.
- Designed, automated the process of installation and configuration of secure DataStax Enterprise Cassandra.
- Optimized the Cassandra cluster by making changes in Cassandra properties and Linux OS configuration.
- Involved in Data loading from Oracle SQL to Cassandra using Java API and fixed the discrepancies that occurred during loading.
- Used GitHub version control for tagging the new versions.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JSON/XML, Hibernate, No SQL, Cassandra, Spark, Apache Tomcat, Eclipse, Intellij IDEA, Apache Maven, Jira, JUnit, Git.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design, Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the Application.
- Design and implemented Network Toolkit website applications for example address parsing, geographic location search, website security detects, Start network topology and etc.
- Developed Spring Controllers, Service Components, DAOs, Web Services and UI Integration for developing presentation layer of the application
- Implemented the Model-View-Controller design pattern using Spring MVC.
- Involved in implementation of enterprise integration with Web Services and Legacy Systems using SOAP and REST (Using Axis and Jersey frameworks)
- Deployed projects in website cloud AWS
- Team leader of a group project and responsible for implementing data models and controllers to build a study tool for learning network topology with real-time interactivity.
- Design and implement RESTful web API for IP Address and Geo location search with Java.
- Contributed to GUI implementation for system visualization and design Java Servlet for data retrieval, also manage relational Sal database.
- Work closely with Quality Engineers to develop JUnit test automation using Jenkins.
- Used Hibernate annotation for Object Relational Mapping (ORM) with MySQL Database
- Used Hibernate Query Language (HQL), Session Class, and Criteria to manipulate database
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate and used JDBC for complex queries.
- Used spring framework for Dependency Injection in Data Access Objects
- Used DAO pattern to retrieve the data from database.
- Developed scenarios for unit and Integration testing to ensure that all the components working correctly when integrated.
- Implementing all the Business logic in the middle-tier using Java classes.
- Used JUnit framework for Unit testing of application.
- Used Multithreading and Currency to implement parallel processing
- Used Jackson to parse the address details.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Analysed use cases, created interfaces and designed the core functionality from presentation layer to business logic layer.
- Worked on back-end application development. Have upgrade additional functionalities and services with the use cases provided.
- Refactored existing project to make it more Restful and thread-safe.
- Built and deployed Java applications using MVC architecture using Spring designed and developed Servlet, JSP for Controller, View layers respectively where Servlet processed requests and transferred control to appropriate JSP.
- Used Spring Framework in the application, which is based on MVC design pattern.
- Incorporated an efficient way of doing builds and deploying the application to JBoss 7.1.
- Experience in writing Queries
- Used Multithreading for better resource utilization
- Worked on designing Restful Web-Services
- Had used Value Object design pattern for exchanging data between the tiers.
- Used JAXB 2.0 for parsing the XML and get the required data for the application.
- Used PL/SQL to manage data and create tables Used Maven for project management and automation.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Senior Java Developer
- Developed Presentation tier implementation which involves in creating the JSP, configuring action classes and developing several Action classes involved in the project.
- Wrote Test Plan , Test Scenarios , Test Cases and Test Matrix documents analyzing the Use Cases.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams , Object Diagrams & Class Diagrams in UML.
- Developed unit tests using the Spring Mockito Framework to test the service classes.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate with JPA annotations -based approach.
- Created SQL queries for the Database layer by studying the required business objects and validated them with Stored Procedures.
- Involved with installation and maintenance of MongoDB for high availability.
- Configuring high availability using geographical MongoDB replica sets across multiple data centers.
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, Performance analysis, and Capacity planning for MongoDB clusters.
- Coordinate and plan with Application teams on MongoDB capacity planning for new applications.
- Created aggregation queries on MongoDB for reporting and analysis.
- Collaborated with development teams to define and apply best practices for using MongoDB.
- Consulted with the operations team on deploying, migrating data, monitoring, analyzing, and tuning MongoDB applications.
- Ensure the continuous availability of our mission critical MongoDB clusters using replication across data centers.
- Implemented TTL and indexing based on collection data time duration.
- Developed Mongo DB embedded documents from java code using spring data MongoDB.
- Designed and developed the End Points ( Controllers ), Business Layer , DAO Layer using Hibernate/JDBC template and used Spring IOC (Dependency Injection).
- Leveraged the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern and ensured that all controls were bound using data binding to the View Model.
- Developed several Data Access Objects that fires the Hibernate Queries.
- Implemented Spring Controllers and used Spring tag library in JSPs for MVC layer of admin pages.
- Built and accessed the database using Hibernate with Oracle.
- Followed Agile Methodology to develop this project that involved everyday Scrum meetings with the Team Lead.
- Used the Amazon Web Services Elastic Beanstalk in order to deploy the application for improved resource control, auto-scaling and improved developer productivity.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, JSP, JSTL, Spring, and Hibernate, MongoDB, Oracle, Eclipse, JUnit, Spring Mockito, AWS, Python, MySQL, JPA.