- Extensive developing experience in Java/J2EE with an emphasis on the full web application stack, thrive in agile development process and fast paced team, and can learn new systems and technology quickly and efficiently.
- Hands - on experience in all phases of software product development life cycle. Strong experience in refactoring/cleaning up legacy code, transforming business requirements into elegant designs, and writing clean, unit tested code from scratch.
- Result oriented, self driven, and highly collaborative in a larger team with focus on achieving business goals.
OS/DB/Servers: Unix/Linux/AWS, Windows, Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL, Apache/Tomcat/JBoss, Sterling, Karaf/Camel, ActvieMQ/WebSphere MQ/Message Broker, and WebLogic.
Tools/Frameworks: Eclipse/IntelliJ, Ant/Maven/TeamCity, Jira/ActiveCollab, JUnit, Log4j, Solr, Spring Framework, Axis2, Hibernate/JDBC, Vi/Xemacs, Git/CVS//Subversion, Toad, and Crystal/Fast Report.
- Succeeded to refactor company website with Spring Framework including MVC/JDBC/JMS. Enhanced the website with focus on security, functionality, and performance with improvements in search engine (Solr), database optimization etc.
- Decreased IT budget over 30k/yr by turning over all customers/vendors off Gentran onto Sterling VAN/AS2. Moved and generated over 12 kinds of EDI documents. Self-taught the mapping system in both Gentran and Sterling B2B.
- Succeeded to design and implement REST APIs for online Bill Pay and Mobile Web Services. Bill Pay Services include modules of accounts/payments/invoices/receipts. Emery Mobile includes authentication/inventory/utility/customer services.
- Applied DevOps-style effort to replace DB and better support business including order collection/processing/release, shipment, invoicing, bill pay, credit, EDI, document generation/printing, reporting, customer maintenance etc.
- Developed and maintained Java/J2EE applications including front end, back end, JMS, and web services in a multi-threaded, N-tier environment with interface to 3rd-party web services and external financial and warehouse systems.
- Developed desktop utilities with Swing and coded programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Developed OSGI applications for Karaf/Camel (routing rules) to handle invoice/shipment/PoAck/SyncPriceList etc.
- Improved operation productivity by coordinating directly with management, C/S, finance, warehouse, customers/vendors.
- Provided 7x24 support of production applications in an on-call rotation basis and troubleshot reported problems.