- Accomplished professional with a distinguished 24 - year career leading the architectural design, implementation, and alignment of enterprise-wide systems, tools, and frameworks with evolving customer, market, and business goals.
- Extensive qualifications in partnering with business, leadership, and teams to define needs, evaluate risks and issues, and design and implement highly transactional, scalable, and stable systems on-time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Strong innovation and problem solving skills recognized by introducing and overseeing the adoption of new processes, models, standards, and best practices that have reduced costs, improved agility, and enabled competitive growth.
- Natural communicator and team leader with strong motivational skills and ability to build, produce and succeed. Skilled in leading globally dispersed teams in the full life cycle design of solutions with a strong return on investment (ROI).
- Architecture Planning & Roadmap Systems Strategy & Direction AWS Cloud Migration/Redesign | SDLC Management
- Business Process Redesign & Integration Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Project Planning & Management
- Spring Framework, Rapid Prototyping & Waterfall Methodology Best Practices & Continuous Improvements
- Global Team, Mentoring & Leadership Business, Client & Partner Relationship Management
Languages / Development Tools: Oracle, Informix, MySQL, and Postgres
SQL Databases: Sun OS, HP-UX, Linux, and AIX
Operating Systems: Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Terracotta EhCache, Quartz Scheduler, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, TCP/IP, Web Services, REST, ActiveMQ, IBM MQ Series / WebSphere, XML-RPC, Spring
Integration Middleware: XML Spy, WebSphere Application Developer, Eclipse, and Oxygen IDE; QTP
Testing Tools: MS Office Suite
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Responsible for architecting and migrating 10+ applications into AWS. The solution was fully automated E2E with minimal intervention needed. It also adhered to all applicable Confidential IT/Data security standards. It also provided a fully fault tolerant architecture which was adapted by multiple teams outside of the organization. It provided upgrade path of tech stack into using RDS Aurora/SQS/SNS etc.
- Architecting the next generation of the BSL application to be a cloud/ AWS enabled system to allow for future growth.
- Implemented OCR processing using IBM DataCap to manage new Confidential programs like the Confidential Edge.
- Built a reporting system for cost/revenue analysis that is being used by the C-Band management to define Confidential ’s growth and direction using COGNOS BI.
- Architected and built a backend framework of micro services that supported mobility enabled client that was used by B2B sales/marketing team.
- Architected the next-generation of systems infrastructure for mission-critical Order Management System that reduced calls into call centers and reduced manual processes. Rearchitected by upgrading Java, JBoss, Hibernate, Spring Framework, and Quartz technologies, and implemented enhancements that improved stability and security posture.
Senior Software Engineer / Architect
- Managed the development of roadmap to increase capability of the VoIP provisioning platform and meet the needs of large multi-national customers within Asia-Pac, EMEA, and North America. Architected and led the development of new functionality to support multiple European languages.
- Core member of architecture team chosen to build systems to support the provisioning of streaming video services for Confidential Digital Media Services.
- Architected and implement a scalable prototype to capable of managing up to 6,000 transactions per second leveraging SCTE 130 standards.
- Team member of 3 architects credited with defining and implementing strategy to migrate all of Confidential OSS Network Systems in response to the acquisition of properties in different states by Confidential.
- Planned and successfully migrated 20 different systems, encompassing hardware, software, and data.
Senior Software Engineer / Architect / Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Architected and directed team of 8 in building a provisioning platform for Confidential VoIP product that managed high loads and provided a high level of support to the business users in managing the VoIP network.
- Provided the technical strategy, planned and designed solutions, and oversaw the implementation of cost-effective functionality to provide VoIP capability using Softswitch (software based switch) technology within the Confidential network that greatly reduced costs and improved bottom line financial performance.
- Architected and built a portal that automated the migration of switches from Class 5 to Softswitch technologies leveraging open-source PHP and MySQL technologies.
- Integrated next-generation hardware into the portal to build the next-generation Confidential network.
- Portal was leveraged to track the host-remote architecture, nodes, number of customers per node / switch, and engineering changes implemented within the central office for upgrading the equipment racks.
Senior Software Engineer / Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Led efforts of global Order Engine (OE) Team that successfully increased performance of the OE module within AAIS by automating 50% of provisioning processes. Provided technical direction and vision to team of 20 geographically dispersed throughout India, Boston, and Maryland in designing and implementing key functionality to ensure the provisioning and activation of 3,000-4,000 orders per hour.
- Conceptualized, architected, and built new GUI for the AAIS system that increased order flow by 100%. Designed, developed, and migrated screen scraping functionality with the GUI with a robust services-based architecture that increased order processing from 2 orders per minute to 100 orders per second. Recipient of for in migrating a series of interfaces to web services that increased order activation efficiency by 200%.
- Managed the architectural design of key functionality within the AAIS system that automated the provisioning of new DSL, Centranet, and supplemental services. Collaborated with business to determine logic, defined the architecture, and led the design of solutions that increased automation flow to from 65% to 95% and delivered $2 million in yearly savings.
- Chosen based upon outstanding technical expertise to lead team of developers in eliminating 116,000+ orders falling out due to manual operations. Interfaced with business to resolve issues and design solutions to enable service changes based upon local / state regulations that enabled team to exceed reduction target by more than 30%.
Senior Software Engineer / Architect
- Pivotal role in contributing to the complete redesign of the AWAS system to support strategic initiative to market system to customers globally. Principal architect and developer for all GUI components for new AWAS International system. Built the X-Windows based GIS application that was the driving engine for dispatching technicians to the field and managing the workload by providing the user with a graphical representation of specific geographic areas.
- Drove the design and development of special custom interfaces between Telus Canada’s repair management and ordering systems and AWAS to enhance the scheduling and routing of technicians to service calls.
- Managed the customization and implementation of the language independent GUI interface for the AWAS system to support the rollout of system to German Telecommunications client. Led efforts of development team in the United States and collaborated extensively with business and technical teams in Germany. Led the build out of interface between AWAS and with German Telecommunication client’s page system to automatically send notification to escalations to the technicians on the field.
- Key contributor in migrating AWAS system to a message-based middleware architecture and to an Informix database. Development Lead for enhancing the GUI and interfaces to back-end systems to support new architecture, database structure, and functionality.
- Collaborated for yearlong strategic initiative to reduce misconnections within the Central Office. Managed the design and implementation of interfaces between AWAS and ordering systems that automated the tracking and validation of orders, resulting in decreasing manual intervention by 12%. System is still being utilized today by Confidential .
Senior Consultant / Lead Developer
- Core member of team credited with resolving issues and improving overall stability of the Graphical User Interface (GUI) for AWAS system to enable internal personnel with the fGTE Dispatch Centers to assign the appropriate technician to the service call across the fGTE footprint.
- Pivotal role in designing and implementing new functionality into the AWAS system to support Local Number Portability (LNP) FCC mandate leveraging C/C++ and UNIX.