A motivated individual and team player with over 8 years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle, including re - engineering legacy code as web services, building websites and web applications, maintaining customer relationship management system, load testing and Agile Development.
Application Systems Programmer Analyst
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Subject matter expertise in healthcare industry
- Managed cross-functional collaboration for complex projects
- Maintained the data load into Reporting Data Warehouse. SQL queries for data validation.
Web Application Developer
- Built web services to extract data from Mainframe
- Developed and executed unit and load test plans. On-call in DevOps model.
- Well-versed with all steps of the Scrum implementation of Agile. Involved in bi-weekly Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint review and retrospective meetings.
- Lead developer for the integration platform used by multiple web applications at Confidential
- Demonstrated rapid learning by mastering the LoadRunner testing tool, establishing test process and becoming the primary driver and owner for report testing, all in a short span of 9 months
- Recognized as in-house expert on Hostbridge.
- Created and delivered on Hostbridge.
Software Design Engineer
- Provided operational support and maintenance of the IBM Mainframe components extracting data from legacy databases and the processes that reformatted and transferred the data to the data warehouse via Connect-Direct or FTP
- Provided operational and application support on UNIX boxes, monitoring batch jobs for data-transfer
- Managed profiles of users accessing data warehouse and data mart via Web Front-end; provided customer support over telephone and e-mail
- Analyzed the existing data creation process in the billing and reporting systems
- Designed, developed and tested the prototype in COBOL and C, for the new generic module for Common Data Delivery process
- Designed, developed and tested an online module using ISPF panels and COBOL to update VSAM files
- Was involved in the high-level and low-level design phases and the database design of the new data-centric system
- Successfully played the roles of an Analyst, Developer, Reviewer, Tester and did the final delivery into production for both Standardization and Y2K phases of system
- Trained junior programmers on analysis of COBOL using SEEC tool, analysis and testing of JCL and components for Y2K Compliance.
- Recognized as ‘Star Performer’ in the performance appraisal
- Received an in view of valuable contribution to the project
- Was highly commended by senior onsite and offshore management for developing online module to update VSAM files in a short time in spite of not having the requisite skills when starting on the project
- Was highly commended by senior management even though the size of team was large.