Agent - Based Computing: Repast Simphony, JADE, FIPA
Software Design: UML, OOP
Libraries and Frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Node.js, React, Redux, Express, HAPI, Hibernate, Restify, Spring, Jersey, Apache CXF
Protocols: SOAP, REST, HTTP
Clinical Data: HL7, CDA, NIEM, FHIR
Data Exchange: XML, XSD, XSLT, SOAP, JSON, Relax NG
IDEs: Eclipse, Atom, Aptana, Visual Studio, WebStorm, NetBeans
Databases: Oracle, MongoDB, SQL Server, DB2, Berkeley
Automated Testing: SoapUI, Junit, Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, QuickTest Pro, WinRunner, Mocha, Mockito
Applications: Altova XML Spy, IBM Rational Jazz platform, Wordpress
Source Control and Automated Build: git, SVN, CVS, RTC, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Travis
Application/Web Servers: WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, JBOSS, Wildfly
Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS X, Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, Fedora), OS/360
Other: SSH, FTP, JDBC, JMS
Development Processes: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
IDE: Eclipse, Netbeans, Visual Studio Code
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Software Engineer / Developer
- Software development using React, Redux, Babel, Webpack, and Spring Boot.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Developer, Lead
- Led a cross - functional team of software architects, development and SQA testers, requirements analysts, software designers, and software developers, working on a suite of middleware applications in an agile environment (70-95% of time was dedicated to hands on development).
- Led daily scrums as a scrum master, and reported on weekly scrum of scrum meetings.
- Acted as the primary point of contact between the team and development management, testing and SQA management, configuration management, other development teams in the same overall development group, and some external parties.
- Interacted (as a non-primary contact) with other teams such as security and operations, change and control boards (CCBs), enterprise integration testing, requirements management, and customers.
- Created Level of Efforts (LOEs) for management.
- Gave organization-wide demos on new functionality.
Java and Node.js Developer
- Developed RESTful and SOAP web services for microservices and monolithic architectures in Java and Node.js.
- Performed software design for Node.js and Java applications.
- Executed builds using git, Jenkins, Maven, Mocha, and Junit.
- Performed data architecture tasks including the creation of complex XML schemas and sample XMLs using the NIEM information exchange standard data model.
- Worked on and supported large-scale information exchanges with the Department of Defense and other entities for projects including the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs), Electronic Case Files (eCFTs), Service Treatment Records (STRs), Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER), Information Sharing for Improved Coordination (ISIC), Digits-to-Digits (D2D), and VA Health Information Exchange (HIE) projects.
- Worked as a primary technical contact between the overall development group and other development teams within the VA and outside the VA for the high-profile Digits-to-Digits project.
- Performed data translation between Clinical Data Architecture (CDA, C-CDA) and FHIR documents.
- Created a standardized Linux development environment.
- Created rapid prototypes to support new functionality.
- Researched new technologies for potential adoption by the team.
Senior Functional Analyst and Development Tester
- Developed functional business and technical requirements for Health and Benefits information exchange between the VA and DoD using NIEM, Atom feeds, and other data formats.
- Analyzed and created XML, XSL, XSD, JSON, and SOAP data mappings and mock files for data transfer between the VA and DoD.
- Used XML Spy, SoapUI, and Selenium.
- Developed Java/Groovy scripts for automated functional testing and other Java tools.
- Worked with other applications, enterprise architects, application architects, and developers, testers, and requirements analysts from various teams to deliver timely release.
- Participated in daily and weekly scrums in Agile environment.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Test Lead and Configuration Management
- Performed application testing on IBM Cognos TM1 and BI Reporting products for a financial budgeting, data warehouse, reporting, and ad hoc querying application.
- Performed data validation on application using IBM Cognos BI reports, IBM Cognos TM1, and IBM Infosphere DataStage products.
- Produced and edited training materials and requirements documents.
- Deployed IBM Rational Team Concert and Quality Manager for requirements, test case, and defect management using SQL Server and ODBC.
- Managed daily builds and source control for test and production environments.