- Overall 10 Years of IT experience in Java Development and 4 years of experience in Android Application Development, Testing and Deployment in both Consumer and Enterprise based Applications.
- Expertise in developing Android Application Development using Android Studio as well as various programming languages including Java and Kotlin.
- Executed software projects for automotive industries.
- Experience in using CSM and Cluster hardware.
- Experience in Architecture Design, Development and Implementation of Software Applications and Testing.
- Experience in developing various UI components like Text View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit Boxes, Checkboxes, Dialogs, Buttons, Status Notifications, Action Bars and Spinners.
- Worked on the NDK in addition to SDK to integrate the native code to enhance the performance of CPU intensive operations.
- Worked with Kotlin as it is compatible with JDK 6 and above, so apps with Kotlin safely run on older Android versions.
- Some portion of the project was moved to Kotlin for an efficient and lighter standard of coding.
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers to deliver compelling consumer - facing products on the Android Platform.
- Strong knowledge on MVVM pattern, that there need to be no code behind within the view.
- Strong experience with Android Framework APIs such as Google Maps, Camera, Resource Manager, Fragments, Location Manager, Notification Manager, Content Providers, Contact Manager, CAN, LIN, Telephony API and REST APIs.
- Experience in using JDBC for connecting to database for data exchange and retrieval.
- Strong knowledge in MVP pattern, AndroidSDK, Webservices, JSON, AndroidStudio, SQLite database, Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers, UI Designing and debugging.
- Debugging and updating the existing applications by analyzing problems that are reported and implementing the best solution.
- Created a local database using Shared Prefs and SQLite database to store and retrieve the data.
- Worked on Dagger 2 to implement dependency injection.
- Good Knowledge in writing Unit test cases.
- Develop alerts and timed reports Develop and manage Splunk applications.
- Managed tasks within Agile framework, cleared Sprinted tasks, and controlled JIRA workflows.
- Used GIT and Bitbucket for sourcecode version control repositories in dynamic team environment.
- Experience in Android debugging tools such as ADB, Trace, DDMS, Log Cat, Eclipse ADT Tools and Monitor.
- Good exposure in troubleshooting and debugging android applications.
- Motivated highflier with excellent verbal/written communication skills, admirable presentation capabilities, efficient requirement gathering ability and effectively convey them to other members in the team.
Technologies: Android SDK, Android UI, Android debugging, UI Automation, J2EE, Struts, JavaBeans, JUnit, JSP, React Native, GIT, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, OOPS, Retrofit 2,Splunk, Dagger 2, Native Android.
Programming Language: C++, Java, Kotlin
IDE: Android Studio, Eclipse
Databases: SQLite, MYSQL
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Macintosh.
Confidential, Warren, MI
- Worked on OEM applications which built for customized Android displays.
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development of reusable code, testing and enhancement of the code.
- Working on different key components of android like app life-cycles, broadcast receivers, content providers, services, Developing AIDL for IPC between the applications.
- Worked on Center Stack Module and Cluster.
- Worked on Kotlin as it provides Java language interoperability. This is a design that allows Kotlin code to transparently call Java language methods, coupled with annotations that make it easy to expose Kotlin-only functionality to Java code.
- Worked on Kotlin files that don't use any Kotlin-specific semantics can be directly referenced from Java code without any annotations at all.
- Worked with MVVM as ViewModel is the main point of MVVM application, so that view can placed that information on the screen.
- Managing Jenkins for Continuously integrating application development Developed and maintained custom android libraries for integrating with multiple applications.
- Designed and developed UI using fragments and activities and UX using material design, features like Navigation Drawer, Floating Button, Coordinator layout, snackbar, Recyclerview for easy navigation and better user experience.
- Developed Memory leak detecting feature using Leak-canary. Implemented efficient Pro-Guard rules for shrinking the size of APK which saves data during OTA updates.
- Participated in Agile methodology (Scrum) for project implementation.
- Writing Gradle scripts for projects as required.
- Used GIT for code repository and maintaining current and historical versions of the source code.
- Used Retrofit to retrieve and upload JSON through a Restful webservices.
- Used Android SDK and Eclipse IDE for development.
- Participated in vehicle testing.
- Worked on JIRA and TFS to track the current sprint and create, assign tasks.
- Implemented different versions of same application to run on different configurations of Infotainment systems as customer build with his own configuration.
- Optimized the UI to make the layouts reusable by showing or hiding a few views, using frame layouts using fragments concept.
- Rewriting the next version of the App in Kotlin for better performance.
Environment: Intellij, Java, Jenkins, Tera Term, Git, Bit bucket, Android studio, Junit, Android Studio 2.3, SQLite, Android SDK 24 (7.0), Android Auto, Android OEM, Broadcast Receiver, Notification, Multi-threading, OKHTTP3, Jackson 2.7.3, Zebra Scanner Library, Google API's, Web view, GPS service, JSON, NDK, Log cat, Eclipse ADT, SmartSVN, Postman, Site Catalyst, JUnit, Espresso.
Confidential, Warren, MI
- Redesigned mobile UIand implemented dynamic image sizing and support for multiple devices Worked on key components of android like services, content provider, broadcast receivers.
- Used Log Cat, DDMS (Dalvik Debug Monitor Server) and trace view for debugging and detecting memory leaks.
- Driven services, Async task and Alert Notification API to implement event reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Responsible for flow control between different activities using explicit and implicit intents. Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with Android Unit Testing & used tools like J-UNIT, Rubidium
- Designed UI using various custom layouts, buttons, dialog boxes, alert boxes and different form of widgets.
- Used SQLite to cache the data received from the RESTful web services
- Involved in integrating the service to the UI.
- Added styles/themes to make UI look better.
- Implementing Broadcast Receivers for Android.
- Effectively managed the code review using continuous integration with GIT.
- Tested the application on various Android devices.
- Used agile methodologies (Scrum) for project implementation.
- Worked with various app modules like Phone, Climate, Navigation, Audio.
Environment: Android NDK, JSON, RESTful, XML, SQLite, C, HTML, Crashlytic, agile, Action-Bar and GIT-HUB,Eclipse IDE.
- Involved in development of Order Management, Product Management and pricing modules.
- Participated in system design and prepared UML diagrams and Class diagrams for DTO objects and actions.
- Designed and developed Hibernate Mapping files and configuring hibernate.
- Configured and maintained the Spring Application Framework's IOC container.
- Generating Hibernate mapping files and domains using tables.
- Implemented the MVC architecture using Struts framework.
- Developed custom JSP tags for Pricing, Order Management, Product Management modules. Performed XML Transformations from value objects to XML and from xml to HTML data.
- Designed and developed views, controller and model components implementing Struts Framework.
- Used CVS as version controller.
- Performed unit testing using Junit.
- Developed the Logging framework using log4j.
- Implemented Design patterns for recurring problems.
- Used Agile as a software development methodology in order to complete the task.
- Delivered bug free code using Java, Web Services to implement the service.
- Composed unit tests for mobile code and debugged critical issues related to an application such as crashes, concurrency problems, and memory leaks.
- Implemented REST Web Service Model which includes retrieving and parsing JSON formatted data.
- Used Activities and Fragments to develop screens and workflows for an application. Customized toast's, buttons, dialog's, and several other widgets.
- To maintain and save user settings and data, used Shared preferences and SQLite database.
- Used Maven to ease up the application building process.
- Responsible for analyzing the requirements of application, testing, stage, deployment, production maintenance.
- Developed use cases and created UML diagrams like class diagrams, sequence diagrams to represent the overall architecture.
- Developed and implemented the MVC Pattern using Struts Framework including JSP, Servlets, Form, and Action classes.
- Retrieved the data from the server using JSON Object. Used Implicit and Explicit intents for managing activities.
- Responsible for consuming the REST services, getting JSON response and parsing them to get the required information.
- Designed the User Interface with navigation bar, view pager.
- Designed custom dialogs, custom notifications for displaying the generated payment code.
- Implemented SQL queries like Select, Insert, Delete, and Update statements.