- Over 15 years of development experience in web - based systems with a strong background in Java, J2EE & related technologies.
- Extensive usage of databases, performance and monitoring tools.
- Good analytical and mathematical ability.
- Excellent trouble-shooting capabilities, problem-solving abilities & communication skills.
Tools: Weblogic, JBoss, WSAD 4.0, Struts 1.1, Tiles, JSTL, JBuilder, Eclipse, Rational Tools, Splunk, Tealeaf, Nagios, Alertsite.
Performance Tools: Mercury Tools (Load Runner, Performance Center, etc.), JProbe family, JMeter, IBM Rational Performance Tester (RPT), Rational Robot.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MySQL, Access, FileMaker.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000, UNIX, AS400.
Sr. Application Engineer
Environment: /Tools: Java, Loadrunner, Splunk, AD, Eclipse, AWS
- Implemented Splunk across Compliance Solutions Division
- Evangelized for Splunk, set up logging standards, enforced them across various teams
- Onboarded various applications - 20 applications across 4 env (400GB indexed/day)
- Created Splunk visulaizations, reports & alerts. Triaged alerts, determined performance problems, audit issues, and worked with R&D teams to resolve them
- Managed Splunk issues as and when they arose
- Helped migrate applications to AWS. Setup full tier monitoring (metal/container/app) leveraging existing Splunk apps.
Sr. SQA Engineer/Sr. Prin. Site ReLIability Engineer
Environment: /Tools: Java, Loadrunner, Splunk, Tealeaf, Oracle, Alertsite, Webmetrics, Pingdom, Nagios, Wily, VictorOps, PagerDuty, JIRA, AWS, Azure, Rundeck, Puppet.
- Setup and maintained Splunk complexes across various Data Centers (Azure, AWS). Established capacity needs, licensing volumes, retention policies & storage requirements. Setup Search heads and indexers. Automated forwarder installation.
- Created Splunk data inputs, alerts, dashboards & reports. Facilitated Splunk adoption company-wide, holding trainings & workshops for alerting, dashboard creation, etc.
- Established best practices for logging.
- Consolidated Licenses for splunk across the company - saving millions in licensing.
- Administered and monitored various splunk installation
- Established performance metrics for various OLP applications.
- Coordinated execution of performance tests using Loadrunner. Analyzed test results.
- Detected hotspots with thread dumps & memory leaks using HAT. Helped implement solutions.
- Determined performance problems in production and performed RCA.
- Developed various monitoring systems to enable high availability - Splunk, Webmetrics, Alertsite, Tealeaf, Nagios, New Relic. Set up alerting with PagerDuty, SIREN, VictorOps.
- Implemented Tealeaf systems for application monitoring and UX.
- Developed Webmetrics and Alertsite monitoring platforms to ensure 24x7 global availability.
- Led team to migrate tools from on-prem to cloud - setup Splunk complex and Synthetic monitoring solutions, migrated many TB of data, etc.
- Led the US On-Call team, triaging performance issues, leading troubleshooting calls, engaging IT teams within and outside the company, driving issues to resolution and beyond.
- Onboarded multiple applications for monitoring - helping SRE over 50 applications in Norton.
Senior Software PERFORMANCE Engineer
Environment: /Tools: Java, Oracle, Loadrunner, JProbe
- Established performance profile of the Instrument Management System.
- Determined system scalability, endurance and capacity. Improved performance to meet SLAs.
- Identified and fixed performance hotspots. Identified and fixed memory leaks.
Senior Software Engineer
Environment: /Tools: J2EE, JBoss, DB2, Rational Tools, MyEclipse
- Improved performance of internal applications. Analyzed existing algorithms and tuned them.
- Performance tested internal applications to ensure they met benchmarks.
- Modified Database code to improve performance.
- Prototyped applications, selected technologies & made recommendations for architecture
- Developed UML artifacts for coding teams
Senior Performance Engineer
Environment: /Tools: J2EE, Weblogic, Oracle, Rational Tools, WLW, Robot, Loadrunner, RPT.
- Performance tested Part Recovery System (PRS) - used to improve the workflow in parts return.
- Developed & implemented performance test plans to ensure optimal application performance.
- Created & maintained load scripts in Robot & Loadrunner; executed the test plans
- Identified problematic transactions & worked with dev team to improve response times
- Fixed client side AJAX code that was degrading user experience
- Developed documentation for best practices for performance testing
Senior Performance Engineer
Environment: /Tools: Java, Websphere, Mercury Loadrunner, RPT, Robot
- Performance tested internal Confidential applications to ensure they met benchmarks.
- Developed load test scripts for Mercury Loadrunner and executed the tests.
Confidential, Brea CA
Senior PERFORMANCE Engineer
Environment: /Tools: Java, Swing, Tangosol, Weblogic, Sybase, Eclipse, Mercury Tools (Performance Center, Loadrunner), QUEST Tools (JProbe Profiler & Memory Debugger), JMeter, Cobertura.
- Analyzed Load testing tools such as Loadrunner, JMeter, etc.. Established licensing needs.
- Monitored and resolved issues in production (vendor connectivity issues, 3rd party tools, compliance engines, etc.) using system logs, thread dumps, monitoring tools, DB tuning, etc.
- Profiled applications (w/ JProbe) to identify performance bottlenecks, resource leaks, excessive resource usage. Determined memory leaks & hotspots; Recommended fixes.
- Refactored code (client side, middle tier & DB) to eliminate bottlenecks. Worked with dev teams to implement fixes and enhancements. Analyzed and resolved concurrency issues
- Worked with Tangosol engineers to resolve memory leak issues.
- Worked with business to determine common business scenarios volumes.
- Developed a process to determine code coverage
Confidential, OC CA
Environment: /Tools: Java, JSP, Struts, Weblogic, Oracle, Eclipse, SONIC, Mercury Tools (Load Runner, etc.), QUEST Tools (JProbe family, Performasure).
- Performance tested parts of ASAP loan origination system.
- Developed performance review of application architecture/design & reqs to prepare load tests.
- Designed and built test harnesses to load test applications. Constructed test data.
- Analyzed test results, thread dumps etc. to identify potential issues.
- Performed code reviews to investigate any resource leaks.
- Profiled applications using JProbe & Performasure to identify performance bottlenecks, leaks, high resource usage. Refactored code (middle tier & DB) to eliminate performance hotspots.
- Worked with BEA engineers to resolve issues with Weblogic Server.
- Worked with dev teams to implement performance fixes/enhancements.
- Published documents detailing load test plans, analysis and software architecture reviews.
- Performance tested Loan Genius. Refactored code - ColdFusion layer to eliminate hotspots.
- Determined memory leaks & made recommendations to implement fixes.
- Evaluated various ESB providers. Worked with provider’s team to fix performance defects.
- Determined scaling factors, fault-tolerance & failover capabilities, stability, message loss, leaks.
- Performance tested parts of the Corporate Appraisal Engine.
Confidential, Irvine CA
Environment: /Tools: Java, JSP, Struts, Weblogic, Oracle, TOAD, Eclipse.
- Developed an internal J2EE/Weblogic application for the HR division to manage & track payouts to all Confidential associates. Interfaced with business to develop requirements.
- Tuned database layer to resolve performance hotspots.
- Interfaced w/ ETL team for proper data feed.
Confidential, Orange CA
- Developed Ticket Trader, a web-based product used by ticket brokers to buy and sell tickets.
Confidential, Brea CA
- Designed, developed and maintained First Reports, a web-based product for submitting claims & used by over 50,000 agents and capable of handling over 4000 concurrent users.
- Designed & developed tools to generate PDF documents using FOP/XSLT.
- Monitored Endorsement System. Queried DB for performance, loads, memory usage, etc. Created ASP pages to show real-time performance. Generated system performance reports.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Environment: /Tools: Java, J2EE (JSP, Servlets), DB2, SQL, Websphere 4, WSAD 4, Rational Tools.
- Developed and maintained an agent dashboard system for Confidential .
- Developed Use Cases, TDS and Sequence diagrams. Implemented these specifications.
- Coordinated testing efforts between QA & dev team. Created test plans & tracked defects.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Creative Solutions Engineer
- Designed, developed and maintained interactive Television applications for cable providers.
Confidential, Phoenix, Az
- Maintained MPP, a tool to automate procurement of components.
- Performed development in Java Servlets, JSP, Perl and JDBC. Used Oracle 8i and Crystal Reports for presentation. Employed WebSphere as the Server.
- Resolved performance issues by fine-tuning stored procedures and enhancing batch processes.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Developed J2EE applications, creating an online community for trading intellectual property.
- Enhanced prior releases, resolved browser compatibility challenges and low level design issues.
- Performed documentation (for offshore dev & knowledge transfer from prior development).