- Over 17 years of experience in IT, involved in complete SDLC including analysis, design, development, integration, testing and maintenance of business systems.
- Delivered responsibilities as a Lead Java Developer for various mission critical client assignments.
- Strong background in strategy, planning and technology management.
- Extensively worked with risk margin applications; Worked heavily with microservices and AWS infrastructure set up.
- Excellent experience in Java/J2ee, JMS, Core Java, C, C#, Web Services, REST, SOAP, Spring, Hibernate, OOAD, Multithreading, EJB, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JSON, JBoss, XML, Angular 2, Jenkins Perforce, YAML, SWIFT, Google Protocol Buffers, Perl, UNIX Shell Scripts etc.
- Experience also includes Java Swing, WebLogic, MDB, Maven, Git, AWS, Mem Cache (on AWS), RDS, S3, AWS parameter store, SOAP, AWS load balancer, EC2, AWS code pipeline, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, AWS SSM, Docker, API Development, Spring cloud, JAVA 1.8/11 Confluence, JIRA, Tibco, Oracle Coherence Cache, Eclipse; RDBMS experience includes Sybase, Oracle and SQL Server programming including database triggers, functions and procedures.
- Functional domain experience includes Investment Banking, Retail, Manufacturing, Consulting Services etc. with leading clients including Nike, Confidential, Confidential, JPMC, Barclays, London Stock Exchange, Confidential etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively as an Individual contributor or work in a team.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Java Architect / Java Microservices Development / Team Lead
- Changed back end monolithic struts application to microservices for Confidential
- Used different microservices design patterns (aggregator, chain), Spring cloud API Gateway, Service registration and discovery, Circuit Breakers (Hystrix), Spring cloud config (Distributed/versioned configuration), Feign, Spring cloud bus, Domain Driven Design (DDD) and async logging to develop these microservices. Lot of POC’s were done during development, ex: kubernetes vs spring cloud vs ZUUL, different distributed monitoring/logging solutions (zipkin vs splunk), swagger vs rest docs.
- Helped setup CI/CD pipeline by using JROG and gave input on how Jenkins scripts should be written and how jenkins servers set up should be (master/slave set up).
- Technologies used were JAVA 11, spring boot 2.0, REST, SOAP, Gradle, JAX - RS, Docker, Sonar, REDIS, JWT, swagger and Jenkins.
Confidential, NYC, NY
AWS/Java Architect/Team Lead/Developer
- Lead the backend development.
- Designed/Developed microservices and used swaggers bottom up approach using spring boot, JAVA 1.8, REST, JIRA, Docker, API Development, AWS SSM (parameter store), S3, AWS Lambda, AWS CICD pipeline, AWS load balancer, EC2, Route 53, Maven, Elastic Beanstalk, JSON, Sonar, Jenkins and oracle DB
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Worked on Confidential connected jersey application which gives users next-level access to athletes, exclusive offers, and the game they love
- Wrote several microservices to accomplish different tasks using spring boot and JAVA.
- Worked with several different teams around the world to accomplish tasks on daily basis.
- Technologies used were Core Java, Spring Boot, web services, Jenkins, Terraform, JSON, maven, JWT (token based authentication, encrypting / decrypting payloads) JIRA, Git.
- Worked heavily with Amazon web services, MemCache (on AWS), RDS, S3, ELB among other AWS technologies to deploy apps in different regions.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Gathered requirements and developed an application which acted as a Router to deliver MUNI/Credit messages to different market handlers.
- Validated the messages before sending forward and generated dynamic Alerts to notify concerned parties.
- Technologies used are Core Java, JMS, Spring, RESTful web service, maven, JIRA, Git, Linux, Confluence, Multi-Threading and UNIX scripting.
- Processed feed from IPREO client which included writing a new trade capture instance in Core Java, sending that trade to downstream systems, and making sure it was executed fine and it will also be shown in the reporting system.
Confidential, Jersey City/NYC
Sr. Java Developer
- Working with a project that covers the work required to support margin requirements and related workflows.
- Lead a team of six people in the risk market domain.
- Worked on encryption mechanism to secure passwords and other important Barclays data.
- Working heavily with messaging (JMS) and Oracle Coherence.
- Developed an application which loads and calculates margin based on different strategies for a given portfolio consisting of 75,000+ positions in less than 17 seconds using threading techniques like executor service from end to end which included Java and C++ applications and oracle coherence.
- Worked heavily on data integrity issues to move the current code to newly developed code and wrote test cases to prove it (re-engineering efforts).
- Worked heavily with oracle coherence cache.
- Technologies used were Core Java, JDBC, Oracle Coherence Cache, Hibernate, Threading, Eclipse, Linux, Unix, Microsoft, WebLogic 10.0, EJB’s, Tibco, Autosys, XML, XSL, JSP, Web Services, MDB, Sybase and SQL Server.
- Regression testing.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Working with a project that covers the work required to support product specific risk margin requirements and related workflows.
- Core business functionality is based on strategy-based margin. Design approach is based on overall Margin strategy of a margin calculation engine/hub to enable future utilization by different business areas and convergence of overlapping components.
- Working heavily with Apache MQ message broker and Google protocol buffers using Java for low latency purposes. Setting the standard for changing the code from XML to Google protocol buffer.
- Skills used are TCP/IP, SOA, JDBC, SSH, UDP, JProbe, Java, NIO, SQL, JMS (Queues, Topics, in memory brokers, dynamic queues), SQL server 2005/2008, fine tuning of Java classes and Oracle coherence cache (3.6). Oracle coherence cache is used for performance enhancement for worldwide clients (Asia, London and teams).
- Interacting with cross functional teams to define business requirements. Working extensively with Microsoft Excel (VB Script) for margin reporting purposes for internal and external clients (hedge funds).
- Changed all the current projects and defined standards for using Apache maven for worldwide Confidential developers.
- Working with threading techniques like fixed thread pool (among others) to minimize memory consumption.
- Writing test case using JUNIT (using eclipse and maven) to prove performance enhancements. Recommending changes to the infrastructure team and cross functional teams along the lines of performance enhancements.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Solutions Engineer / Sr. Java Developer
- Worked heavily on the design and development of an application which was responsible for order routing and management of one billion records of LSE trading messages every day in gzip format files. Worked with Low level programming details (ultra low latency, Byte Arrays, Bits, and Byte Buffers) to maximize the processing speed. Skills used were Core Java, JSP, Confidential 'S WSAD/RAD and Sybase.
- Developed business cases to support changes in the product mix to increase revenue, meet regulatory requirements and competitive pressure. Effectively managed day-to-day service escalations in partnership with marketing management and support teams to minimize client disruption and dissatisfaction and get to root cause analysis. Helped off shore clients understand the products by preparing and presenting lecture materials on several subjects such as Risk and Tax Considerations, Equities, Debt Securities, Municipal Securities, Derivatives, Portfolio Management, Securities Markets and Securities Transactions. Worked heavily with derivatives.
- Worked with Options surveillance System to detect fraudulent activities and generated alerts based on a certain criteriafrom market data/exchange traded Instruments.
- Worked on daily basis with Vice President and Technology Directors to gather requirements about new changes in the derivatives market /equity trading systems and suggested technology solutions to cut costs in short and long run using Agile programming methods.
- Algorithmic trading techniques rules engine was written to trigger unusual activity in the options exchange.
Skills: JAVA, PL/SQL, Multi-threading, Struts, WAS, UNIX, Perl, HTML, Java Script, CSS, SQL Server 2005, Log4j, Oracle database and Cloud/Grid Computing. Stocks, options, derivatives knowledge was used and worked with off shore team.
- Participating in full project life cycle from the business and technology side where responsibilities included: defining work flows, defining business requirements documents, detailed project planning, defining user test criteria and data, testing, status monitoring, problem tracking and resolution.
- Created and facilitated the development and delivery of new products and services and changes to existing ones.
- Worked closely with sales representatives to educate existing and prospective customers on how they can in corporate currently offered solutions into their architecture and operations to derive business value.
- Working with MDA, Java, JSP, SQL, MYSQL, JBOSS (Eclipse), JBoss Messaging (Message Driven Beans), Subversion, Hibernate and Stripes on daily basis to develop the application.
Principal Software Engineer
- Developed an application to enabled Profile-driven selection of a targeted solution, set Investment instructions & restrictions, select pricing & features, customize proposal/Generate & Submit contract, and Track contract acceptance and implementation.
- Furthermore, added functionality to include contract maintenance (manager/allocation/fee change), contribution, and withdrawal processing.
- Utilized fixed income knowledge to gather requirements from portfolio manager. Worked very closely with the global business team to accomplish day to day tasks.
- Used UML to make state and activities diagrams for business users.
- Participated in high level and detailed design of the project.
- Utilized JAVA, J2EE, JSP's, Struts, HTML, CSS, Macromedia, Photoshop, Visio, MS SQL, Authentication, Identity management, encryption, Sybase, WSAD (RAD), Web Sphere Application Server, AJAX, and PVCS in the development process.
Senior Messaging Architect
- Assisting Confidential ’s Architecture team with significant release of messaging components to integrate the workflow to middle office, back office, and external systems from the front offices.
- Suggesting other Integration strategies of banking components for Enterprise Messaging using Web Sphere MQ, Message Broker and JMS (Pub/Sub, point-to-point).
- Worked on JBOSS messaging technologies as well. Some parts of the application required object-oriented Perl Scripting.
- Developed Web based reporting tool in ASP.Net for banking clients.
- Reporting tool gave users the ability to dynamically generate reports by using different databases. HTML, DHTML, JSP, Servlets, Business Objects, Rapid Application Developer and WebLogic, WebSphere Application Server were used for development.
- E-commerce site analysis and development for Financial Services systems.
- Worked with offshore delivery (BPO) center to develop a Fixed Income application to handle CD/IRA products for businesses and consumer accounts.
- Other Key responsibilities included software Evaluation, Selection and its Implementation.
- New functionality will provide the capability to change term, change interest rate, add an interest rate variance, add a comforter option, add funds, withdraw funds, and override holds on withdrawals during the renegotiation period of the CD/IRA (within 14 days of the maturity date).
- Users can also change the duration of the CD based on a certain set of rules at midpoint.
- Used JAVA, Servlets, JSP’s, RAD ( Confidential ), Struts, Clear Case, Code Pro, and SQL to develop Confidential E-commerce website.
E Marketing Manager
- Lead someaspects of Marketing by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, emarketing, materials, market research, service contract program, and sales data mining/tracking.Integrated Google Checkout and EBay in programming code to save time in weekly repeated tasks.
- Used e-marketing techniques (A/B testing, SEO, ROI strategies) to bring customers to website and to increase sales.
- Managed dynamic campaign management and cookie-based ad targeting. Other responsibilities included researching and using Web Position, Search Engine Optimization, Web Analytics, Yahoo/ Google Ad words strategies for local and worldwide potential customers, email campaigns, loyalty, lead generation and affiliate programs to bring more traffic to the site. Worked with data analytics vendors, third and party ad servers.